• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Umm...

Castlevania
Vampire Killer
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Haunted Castle
Super Castlevania IV
Akumajou Dracula
(X68000) aka Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
(Cameo)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (Playable Cameo)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Cameo)
Castlevania Judgment
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
(Cameo)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
(Cameo)

I wouldn't use the term "few" in this scenario. Simon has appeared in more Castlevania games than any other protagonist in the series, even if you don't count the cameos. Even if that weren't the case, he is still the original and most iconic protagonist (the "Marth") of the series. That, and the Belmont family is considered the face of the franchise. If Castlevania were to be represented with a playable character, it would most certainly be Simon (and maybe the other Belmonts as alternate skins).

Other than him, there's Dracula (the main antagonist throughout most of the series) and Alucard (Dracula's rebellious son, the Zero to the Belmont family's Mega Man, and the protagonist of one of the games that helped pioneer the Metroidvania genre), but Smash has always had the face of the series get in first.
Bruh. I guess I should have said "I wonder how Sakurai feels about characters that aren't in the majority of the games of their series,? Counting cameos he's in less than 1/2 of the games, not counting cameos he's in less than 1/4 of the games, only counting games where he's the main character he's in less than 1/6 of the games, and only counting games where he's the main character that people give a **** about he's in less than 1/9 of the games. I know for a fact that he'd be the go to choice for a Castlevania character if they were to add one, I wasn't arguing that.

Chrono.

I actually really like Neo Metal Sonic's design.

Too bad he wasn't really used (not even in his own game...).

Soul.

I don't know, the Pac-Man hate wasn't needed. I really don't understand the hate of a character just because of a design.
Yes, Ghostly Adventures sucks but still.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I dont know why everyone is against his inclusion hes a year old so what if he's fun to play with and is worth my money than i have no reason to be mad. That's another thing we don't have to buy the character he's inclusion won't harm the "legacy" or "premise" of smash he just helping it branch out to unmark terrority.And as stated early he has been on around 13 games in the spend of what 1 year or 2 and half years thats more than some characters on the roster now.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm still dumbfounded on how that's not in Smash, it rivals Live and Learn when it comes to badass final boss themes
It's a better song in my opinion. That and the fight itself is so much better than SA2's Final Boss.
Not to mention Metal's Amazing voice and quote's.
"Long time no see Sonic, My Lonesome Copy"
"How Appropriate for a Robot Overlord to rule a Robot Kingdom"

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't know, the Pac-Man hate wasn't needed. I really don't understand the hate of a character just because of a design.
Yes, Ghostly Adventures sucks but still.
Oh yes I forgot. Yes, because of the show people didn't want Pac-Man. During development, I wanted Pac-Man so badly that I ended up binge watching the entire first season... :facepalm:

Last edited:

Soul.

Oh yes I forgot. Yes, because of the show people didn't want Pac-Man. During development, I wanted Pac-Man so badly that I ended up binge watching the first season... :facepalm:
They could have used the Pac-Man Party design. The one with no disgusting teeth. Ghostly Adventures' design is the same thing but with the disgusting teeth.

But yeah, eh, they used the classic design so it doesn't matter

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The point is that I would prepare for Shovel Knight's reveal, or else it will sting hard for you if you stuck with the iconic mindset.
What's the point of preparing for something that isn't inevitable. Just because it comes from a credible source and backed up by Neo Zero and Pushdustin doesn't mean that the leak could end up having aspects of it wrong. Remember when the Gematsu leak stated that Chrom was going to be playable and when Neo Zero said that there were going to be more characters beyond what's shown in the ESBR leak? Yeah, my point.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I actually believe that Dr. Eggman is probably the best and truly possible #2 Sonic rep

He has seniority, consistently the most popular Sonic character, a villain, a moveset that would be similar to :4bowserjr: but much slower, bigger and has different tricks to work with unlike Bowser Jr.

And lastly, he's just a better character than any of the other Sonic characters including :4sonic: himself

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I dont know why everyone is against his inclusion hes a year old so what if he's fun to play with and is worth my money than i have no reason to be mad. That's another thing we don't have to buy the character he's inclusion won't harm the "legacy" or "premise" of smash he just helping it branch out to unmark terrority.And as stated early he has been on around 13 games in the spend of what 1 year or 2 and half years thats more than some characters on the roster now.
As much as I'd love SK, a lot of people are just going to feel snubbed, or take it personally. Even if it's not SK, you can bet that the K.Rool supporters will have a meltdown because all the preliminary data is telling them their character should win.

The ballot was a fun idea but it feels like it pit the fanbases against eachother and everyone is just ****talking about everyone else's character choices. That's childish, and even though I know it's childish, it still manages to burn me out.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Sonic Heroes was underrated.
It had flaws and could be repetitive, but it was fun and a great concept:
  • Tails and Knuckles running behind Sonics slipstream
  • Tails carrying Sonic and Knuckles to places they cant reach
  • Knuckles using Tails and Sonic as punching projectiles + the triple loop-de-loops/grinding sections
I have no idea why they didnt revisit the concept. Sonic Shuffle on the other hand...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's a better song in my opinion. That and the fight itself is so much better than SA2's Final Boss.
Not to mention Metal's Amazing voice and quote's.
"Long time no see Sonic, My Lonesome Copy"
"How Appropriate for a Robot Overlord to rule a Robot Kingdom"
They planned on not using a filter, thank ****ing god they chose to use it. I wish Metal spoke more often, his Japanese voice was also good

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't care about the fact that he is new. I care about the fact he is literally the definition of just any character from a different company in comparison to the significant gaming icons we have gotten in Smash.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The only good thing about Ghostly Adventures is this remix of Pac-Man's Park.
This has almost as many remixes as the Super Mario Bros Overworld theme, Green Hill Zone, and Wily Fortress 1, and this is possibly the best version of this ever. Rivaling Smash of course.

Chrono.

• Knuckles using Tails and Sonic as punching projectiles + the triple loop-de-loops/grinding sections
I have no idea why they didnt revisit the concept. Sonic Shuffle on the other hand...
The level design is what really hurt it the most honestly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The point is that I would prepare for Shovel Knight's reveal, or else it will sting hard for you if you stuck with the iconic mindset.
If I prepare for his announcement and it's fake, something that's likely, I'll be disappointed, so I'm still going to say I'm not expecting him. Besides, if it IS legit, it's more of a surprise

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Wow.

I actually like this more than Smash's version.
Both are tied for me, though I do lean a bit more towards the Smash version.
This has almost as many remixes as the Super Mario Bros Overworld theme, Green Hill Zone, and Wily Fortress 1, and this is possibly the best version of this ever. Rivaling Smash of course.
I love Pac-Man's Park, I was so happy to hear that remix during his trailer.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think the game gets more hate than it should, but I cannot justify having to play it 4 times in order to get the final ending...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sonic Heroes' only problem IMO is having to play through the same level ~3 times (since Chaotix's versions were pretty different) and the ridiculous length of some of the later levels with Team Dark. Plus some glitches. I've always loved the game though. One of these days I'll go back and replay it, though admittedly the idea of playing the same levels repeatedly is kind of a drag and is probably one of the things holding me back.

The other thing is that I'm too busy replaying one of the other games I've already played through enough and ignoring one of the many games I really ought to be playing to replay it. :p But after I'm done with my Zelda series playthrough and get around to doing a Metroid series playthrough, I might try and go do the same for Sonic (though I'll probably just like...go in order up until Heroes and skip around to the other ones I care to play/replay, because there are some Sonic games I won't replay and many of the newer ones that I don't even own).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Has anyone heard of animated atrocities? Well if you have, would you want to see them do Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
As much as I'd love SK, a lot of people are just going to feel snubbed, or take it personally. Even if it's not SK, you can bet that the K.Rool supporters will have a meltdown because all the preliminary data is telling them their character should win.

The ballot was a fun idea but it feels like it pit the fanbases against eachother and everyone is just ****talking about everyone else's character choices. That's childish, and even though I know it's childish, it still manages to burn me out.
And i genuinely feel bad for them but we as a whole are still the minority he wins some polls with a couple thousand votes(a quarters of those polls they win by spamming the ballot btw) and if i had to choose between the two i would take k rool but if I learned anything from youtube and miiverse is that characters like shovel knight like shantae like sora are just as popular thats why I wouldn't be as surprised if he made it in even at the start of tglhe ballot shovel knight was beating popular smashboards characters by a decent margin atleast western wise
I don't care about the fact that he is new. I care about the fact he is literally the definition of just any character from a different company in comparison to the significant gaming icons we have gotten in Smash.
He's the literal imbodiment of listening to west and the ballot meaning something there's no doubt in my mind that shovel knight is top ten requested ballot characters western side and if he gets in that just proves that he was listening

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If I were to rate how much fun each team was for me personally in Sonic Heroes, it would look something like this:
1.Team Sonic
2.Team Chaotix
3.Team Dark
4.Team Rose

Honestly, the Chaotix levels felt like they were different enough imo for it not to feel like I was playing the same stage for the 4th time in a row..

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why prepare for something that's not going to happen?
Because being in an unconfirmed rumour with even the mods not being wholly confident in it means that you're a shoo-in and you should just accept the inevitability!:troll:

He's the literal imbodiment of listening to west and the ballot meaning something there's no doubt in my mind that shovel knight is top ten requested ballot characters western side and if he gets in that just proves that he waa listening
Except for the fact there are far more requested characters than him not just inh the west, but world-wide as well due to his non-existant popularity. It doesn't make sense from a popularity point of view to take a niche third-party character with western-only support when there are first-party characters who are requested in teh west and in the east.

e shovel knight like shantae like sora are just as popular thats why I wouldn't be as surprised if he made it in even at the start of tglhe ballot shovel knight was beating popular smashboards characters by a decent margin atleast western wise
Also, are you comparing two niche characters to Sora of all characters in general popularity? Really? Kingdom Hearts is a much bigger franchise than both Shovel Knight and Shantae combined, selling millions of copies with millions of fans and Sora is a video game icon.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I'm playing through Gyakuten Kenji 2 finally, and damn it's good.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Heroes' soundtrack is the GOAT though.
Oh yeah, definitely. It's one of the few VG soundtracks I actually own in CD form and I'm really glad of that because it's fantastic.

(In a perfect world I'd own more soundtracks, but in a perfect world it also wouldn't be so expensive to get all of them, so I'll just stick with the ones I've been lucky to get without importing for $50.)

If I were to rate how much fun each team was for me personally in Sonic Heroes, it would look something like this:
1.Team Sonic
2.Team Chaotix
3.Team Dark
4.Team Rose

Honestly, the Chaotix levels felt like they were different enough imo for it not to feel like I was playing the same stage for the 4th time in a row..
I'd probably have to agree with this list. Though some of the Chaotix levels were rough, even if I did enjoy how they mixed it up. I remember having a lot of frustrations with re-running through Grand Metropolis to find the last few enemies I'd missed the first time through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom