• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
What Mii Costumes do you think we'll get?
Let's get some Sonic Mii costume I say, like Princess Elise everyone's favourite Sonic character :troll:

Being more serious, having Knuckles as a brawler and Tails as a gunner would be pretty cool.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Was just discussinig this with some friends from the site but decided to tell you guys.I had the kids from my school try to name the smash roster and the results were funny

Knew::4mario::4luigi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4tlink::4pacman::4ryu::4wiifit::4mii:

Kinda Knew::4peach::4bowser::4kirby::4pikachu::4sonic::4yoshi:

Didn't Know::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw::4littlemac::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4lucina::4feroy::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4duckhunt::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo::4rob::4falcon::4lucas::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4shulk::4megaman:

Funny things people thought Wario was Eggman,Yoshi was Piccolo,Pit was tarzan,Samus was Iron man,Palutena was buttercup and thought pikachu was the entire pokemon franchise

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This might not really seem interesting, but I'm just going to throw it out there.
My guess would be that we would hear information that was not shown to us initially at the least (the information @ Neo Zero Neo Zero and @ PushDustIn PushDustIn know). That most likely will never happen, but I would merely keep an eye on it to see if anything interesting comes out of it.
Gee, that sounds like a legit interview! I wonder what aspiring, probably--handsome video game journalist has the capability of putting together such an interview? I guess we will have to wait until later this week so we can all read it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Let's get some Sonic Mii costume I say, like Christopher Thorndyke everyone's favourite Sonic character :troll:

Being more serious, having Knuckles as a brawler and Tails as a gunner would be pretty cool.
I feex.

But yeah, that would be cool, and other Sega characters would be nice if that could happen.

Gee, that sounds like a legit interview! I wonder what aspiring, probably--handsome video game journalist has the capability of putting together such an interview? I guess we will have to wait until later this week so we can all read it.
Seems like Push has a Senpai. :troll:

Last edited:

Chrono.

So this is the interview you mentioned earlier?

Really should've put the 2 and 2 together :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Was just discussinig this with some friends from the site but decided to tell you guys.I had the kids from my school try to name the smash roster and the results were funny

Knew::4mario::4luigi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4tlink::4pacman::4ryu::4wiifit::4mii:

Kinda Knew::4peach::4bowser::4kirby::4pikachu::4sonic::4yoshi:

Didn't Know::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw::4littlemac::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4lucina::4feroy::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4duckhunt::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo::4rob::4falcon::4lucas::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4shulk::4megaman:

Funny things people thought Wario was Eggman,Yoshi was Piccolo,Pit was tarzan,Samus was Iron man,Palutena was buttercup and thought pikachu was the entire pokemon franchise
I'm surprised that they knew Diddy Kong more than Peach. I guess he's more recognizable than I thought.

You see there is hinting and then there is this. How do you sleep at night with such shameful advertisement?

I assumed this was for you after Tama's tweet. Thanks for confirming. Can't wait for you to post those pics of Shovel Knight in action :troll:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. That was unexpected.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Anyway...here's the upcoming articles we have for Source Gaming. The order isn't 100%.

Dream Arena - (An Earthbound Stage!?!) by Nantendo
Japan's Smash for Wii U Censorship translation by @Aeris , Information collected by myself.
A @SmashChu article about Nintendo.
Straight from the Source -- Interview with T##aki, (organized by a handsome video game journalist).
SG Choice # 5. Organized by @TheAnvil
A @Spazzy_D article.
3 other translations are in the works.
...And a lot more!

You see there is hinting and then there is this. How do you sleep at night with such shameful advertisement?

I assumed this was for you after Tama's tweet. Thanks for confirming. Can't wait for you to post those pics of Shovel Knight in action :troll:
Actually I don't really sleep at night. Once a week, I crash and sleep for 10 hours but generally I get 5-6 hours of sleep now. Too busy for sleep.

I can't wait until I get those pictures of Shovel Knight in action :p (I don't have them. They aren't in the article)

Sorry for the serious answer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway...here's the upcoming articles we have for Source Gaming. The order isn't 100%.

Japan's Smash for Wii U Censorship translation by @Aeris , Information collected by myself.
Straight from the Source -- Interview with T##aki, (organized by a handsome video game journalist).
SG Choice # 5.
A @Spazzy_D article.
...And a lot more!
Wait, Tamaki is having an interview with a handsome journalist and SG is also getting an interview organized by a handsome journalist with some T##aki
What could this mean?
Why there are so many handsome journalists?
And most importantly:
WHO THE **** NAMES THEIR KID T##AKI???? HOW DO YOU EVEN PRONOUNCE THAT????

Last edited by a moderator:

SG Choice # 5. Organized by @TheAnvil
A @Spazzy_D article.
...And a lot more!

Actually I don't really sleep at night. Once a week, I crash and sleep for 10 hours but generally I get 5-6 hours of sleep now. Too busy for sleep.

I can't wait until I get those pictures of Shovel Knight in action :p (I don't have them. They aren't in the article)

Sorry for the serious answer
At times like these serious answers can be necessary. Don't want people not understanding sarcasm and running their mouths.. .
I'm not a doctor but that doesn't sound healthy. Maybe get some sleep instead of creating nightmare fuel here dealing with us plebs. :tired:

Of course I SHOULD be asleep right now but here I am. I blame homework

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait, Tamaki is having an interview with a handsome journalist and SG is also getting an interview organized by a handsome journalist with some T##aki
What could this mean?
Why there are so many handsome journalists?
And most importantly:
WHO THE **** NAMES THEIR KID T##AKI???? HOW DO YOU EVEN PRONOUNCE THAT????
Yeah, I have no idea! Guess we will have to wait and see until the person can finish sourcing the article, adds pictures into it and gets the post ready. :awesome:

At times like these serious answers can be necessary. Don't want people not understanding sarcasm and running their mouths.. .
I'm not a doctor but that doesn't sound healthy. Maybe get some sleep instead of creating nightmare fuel here dealing with us plebs. :tired:

Of course I SHOULD be asleep right now but here I am. I blame homework
Thanks for your concern! And you don't need to be a doctor to know that it doesn't sound healthy. I've been trying to organize things better so I can get more sleep, but then the scope of the projects increase 100% and I still lose sleep!

Being a content creator is legit hard work! A lot of the other people that I've talked to are in similar situations (with their sleep). I'm hoping that someday I can only create content, but for now I'm working my actual full time job and running SG whenever I'm not working. It's a lot of work (especially since I aim for all of SG's articles to be "meaty"), but I'm already starting to build up a reputation and a name for myself. If I didn't feel like I was advancing I would've given up by now.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Too tired to tell if you are joking. Is Tamaki or someone claiming pictures exist of SK in Smash out there? Or is it still a "rumor" based on what a source said to Tamaki?

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I'm already starting to build up a reputation and a name for myself. If I didn't feel like I was advancing I would've given up by now.
I see...you're clearly pushing yourself here, and you are indeed soaring above the dust into good progression.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh boy. Guess what got delayed again.

The obvious reason.

Clarity: The demo was delayed.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Too tired to tell if you are joking. Is Tamaki or someone claiming pictures exist of SK in Smash out there? Or is it still a "rumor" based on what a source said to Tamaki?
The pictures don't exist. See my comment in the ( ).
[It's a joke]

I see...you're clearly pushing yourself here, and you are indeed soaring above the dust into good progression.
I think I get the pun you were looking for :p

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hey guys sorry I'm being "that guy" but have there been any leaks since that Mario Maker stage was revealed?

Usually we get an influx of fakes whenever something is announced.
I'd like to ask the opposite, but I've missed the last, oh, I dunno, probably 30 pages or so, so it's probably already been asked...

To those who heard rumors about Shovel Knight; Had any insider sources mentioned the Mario Maker stage ahead of time?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'd like to ask the opposite, but I've missed the last, oh, I dunno, probably 30 pages or so, so it's probably already been asked...

To those who heard rumors about Shovel Knight; Had any insider sources mentioned the Mario Maker stage ahead of time?
No information about the Mario Maker stage.

Oh, it's my 3,000th post....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Push.

Do you think that we could get an article about Zelda characters? Maybe the thoughts of Japan?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So wait, Tamaki interview? Awesome stuff, Push!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Speaking of Shovel Knight, I can actually see him being announced if it's done before the Smash Update but AFTER TGS is finished. I don't think they'd reveal him at an event aimed at Japan, but if it's done after in an US friendly time slot I could see it happening.

Granted, I actually think our next DLC char probably will tie into the mystery photoshopped stage personally, which makes me think it'd be Wolf most likely.

D

Deleted member

Wait, when was it confirmed Push would have an interview with Tamaki? I thought he would have it with a handsome journalist and SG would be doing one with T##aki

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey Push.

Do you think that we could get an article about Zelda characters? Maybe the thoughts of Japan?
You saw @Frostwraith 's amazing Ganondorf article...right?

Sorry, I thought I talked about Toon Ganon in my Perception of Smash DLC in Japan, Redux but it seems I didn't.

Yeah, I'm excited to post it! I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but it's the best interview I've organized yet (@gameonion will always be my #1 though <3). @Tama gives a lot of interesting answers, and he really addresses a lot of things head on.

Soul.

I'm not really going to set my expectations too high but whatever character it is, I'll end up getting them.
inb4 no squirtle or ivysaur

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Speaking of Shovel Knight, I can actually see him being announced if it's done before the Smash Update but AFTER TGS is finished. I don't think they'd reveal him at an event aimed at Japan, but if it's done after in an US friendly time slot I could see it happening.

Granted, I actually think our next DLC char probably will tie into the mystery photoshopped stage personally, which makes me think it'd be Wolf most likely.
The problem with the mystery stage, it wouldn't be tied to any character since Ryu didn't get his stage numbered. Its possible it could be a retro stage like Sector Z for Wolf but I'd be willing to bet this stage is unrelated to any character.....that said there could still be a third stage with a character......who knows

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The problem with the mystery stage, it wouldn't be tied to any character since Ryu didn't get his stage numbered. Its possible it could be a retro stage like Sector Z for Wolf but I'd be willing to bet this stage is unrelated to any character.....that said there could still be a third stage with a character......who knows
If it's a retro stage, I think Sector Z has a good shot. If it's a new stage...\_(ツ)_/¯

Neo Zero

How are we supposed to know the numbering of DLC stages? Plus why does that even matter?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So what is the possibility of a third stage also being in the update? Mainly a stage bundled with a newcomer.

Neo Zero

Hmm, didn't realize, fair point then. Though the stage could still be tied to the character, it's just not bundled together in the shop perhaps.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If we get a character i kinda hope it's a newcomer only because if a certain space pilot vet returns i owe lots of people money and lost many of bets

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Although I find it unlikely I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character along with the stage. Wolf would be obvious at this point. Still unlikely, but would not be shocked at all if wolf shows up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I need a break from platformers after trying the Expert 100 Mario Challenge.

Easy/Normal tends to suffer from short levels, but Expert suffers from dickish level design. So many mazes, door mazes, rooms that lead to nowhere or trap you, trampoline based, single blocks, frame jumps, etc.

If it's a retro stage, I think Sector Z has a good shot. If it's a new stage...\_(ツ)_/¯
Too big IMO. Like the games themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai is treating paid DLC like characters.

To be honest, I also get the feeling that if the music from a past stage is being used on an already avaliable stage, then that stage is not likely to return. More dumb gut feeling stuff/Big Battlefield but whatever, just give me something that isn't Mario or Zelda related.

Planet Zebes, Saffron City, Fourside, and Hanenbow I feel have the best shot at returning; and Shadow Moses Island if Snake returns.

Also I don't know what the bias is towards it, but I don't think Pirate Ship is returning, nor do I want it to.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I need a break from platformers after trying the Expert 100 Mario Challenge.

Easy/Normal tends to suffer from short levels, but Expert suffers from dickish level design. So many mazes, door mazes, rooms that lead to nowhere or trap you, trampoline based, single blocks, frame jumps, etc.

Too big IMO. Like the games themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai is treating paid DLC like characters.

To be honest, I also get the feeling that if the music from a past stage is being used on an already avaliable stage, then that stage is not likely to return. More dumb gut feeling stuff/Big Battlefield but whatever, just give me something that isn't Mario or Zelda related.

Planet Zebes, Saffron City, Fourside, and Hanenbow I feel have the best shot at returning; and Shadow Moses Island if Snake returns.

Also I don't know what the bias is towards it, but I don't think Pirate Ship is returning, nor do I want it to.
But....Mah Link needs his ship...

:sadsheep:

But yeah, I sadly don't feel like it's coming back...for whatever reason...was it just removed because of the Spirit Tracks stage? When it's clearly WW Link that's playable?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So guys, nice to discuss some news and "leaks".
That image adress leak says too much and nothing at the same time.

I really think it's possible we receive 3 new stages, one coming with a character.
This will let us with "...stage_4.jpg" and "...stage_5.jpg", plus one stage with the DLC Character.
I really think if we receive a veteran(like Wolf), who is the most "possible" to be the next DLC, we may receive a new stage from some character that is already at the game (D.Mario never had one, Toon Link have none in Wii U, Lucas have none now...) and a retro one.

From the retro stages, what is your favorite to return ?
<>I want Frigate Orpheon so bad!
I'm a Brawl fan.
I just... I really have great memories there...So many opponents crying about the non-ledge side, turn the stage mechanics....

(I think we can receive a Splatoon stage too.
It will be Inkling home stage afterwards.I know I'm being stupid but Inkling is the potential newcomer I'm most certain will make it.
I just... have this feeling.The game is popular, new, will bring hype, the character have potential.
I don't even want her in the game, but we will not end the DLC character without the kid-squid... I'm feeling it.)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are we gonna have Hyrule Warriors Legends news soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom