• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, I have missed a lot of pages, and it sounds like something new regarding upcoming Smash stuff has been known..? I don't suppose someone could summarice what has happend, shortly?

Sorry. D:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So, I have missed a lot of pages, and it sounds like something new regarding upcoming Smash stuff has been known..? I don't suppose someone could summarice what has happend, shortly?

Sorry. D:
A Super Mario Maker stage has been revealed. That's more or less it so far in terms of Smash news as far as I'm aware.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Sorry. D:
Mario Maker Stage on the 30th.

More DLC is likely. At least one other stage is confirmed by looking at the SSS screen in the trailer.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Zelda creative team team up with the Kingdom Hearts creative team to make a horror game. They turn to the Halloween franchise’s creative team for advice.

The entire entertainment world is confused before the game is already out about it’s timeline.

I actually want this to happen just to watch heads explode.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
New Ono Teases
Who are we thinking? I know Karin has some moves that send people flying when she hits with her palm, and a few of her moves are spirally? Maybe they're giving her more intense stuff. Thoughts?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
New Ono Teases
Who are we thinking? I know Karin has some moves that send people flying when she hits with her palm, and a few of her moves are spirally? Maybe they're giving her more intense stuff. Thoughts?
You already fooled us with wind-based effects once before (shame on you) Ono, not gonna fall for it again. This is clearly Dan

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So for the past hour I've been doing something very meaningful. And by that I mean something that's not really too meaningful, but kind of neat nonetheless.

So I was thinking about how Ryu is literally the King of Fighting Game Cameos, and I thought, "Wow, I wonder how many people Ryu's faced so far..." and then had the awful/amazing/carpal tunnel inducing idea of jotting them all down and counting them. In my count, I only counted individual opponents, and not "separate character by fighting game standards" a la Doctor Mario, Evil Ryu, Oni, Sheik, etc. Basically just once per actual character. I DID, however, include "final boss" characters, like Master Hand and Galactus, since, while not player-controlled, DO count as fights, after all.

The total? 296. Ryu has faced 296 different characters over the course of Street Fighter, Street Fighter x Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SNK vs Capcom, and Super Smash Bros. That is, if I didn't accidentally count a couple of people twice. But still man...that's a real feat right there. "World Warrior" indeed, I'd say!

EDIT: Realized I should have included Toon Link since I included Volnutt separately, so I bumped the count up by one. :p

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't understand
Speculah hurts me

I thought most would talk about gameplay changes instead of characters
I think honestly you're one of few people who speculates that over characters, which is cool because that's also important, but gameplay changes don't really ever trump the shiny of a new object/character to play with or on for most people.

The characters and stages of a fighting game are always going to be the bigger focused on elements of speculation for the most part.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So for the past hour I've been doing something very meaningful. And by that I mean something that's not really too meaningful, but kind of neat nonetheless.

So I was thinking about how Ryu is literally the King of Fighting Game Cameos, and I thought, "Wow, I wonder how many people Ryu's faced so far..." and then had the awful/amazing/carpal tunnel inducing idea of jotting them all down and counting them. In my count, I only counted individual opponents, and not "separate character by fighting game standards" a la Doctor Mario, Evil Ryu, Oni, Sheik, etc. Basically just once per actual character. I DID, however, include "final boss" characters, like Master Hand and Galactus, since, while not player-controlled, DO count as fights, after all.

The total? 296. Ryu has faced 296 different characters over the course of Street Fighter, Street Fighter x Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SNK vs Capcom, and Super Smash Bros. That is, if I didn't accidentally count a couple of people twice. But still man...that's a real feat right there. "World Warrior" indeed, I'd say!

EDIT: Realized I should have included Toon Link since I included Volnutt separately, so I bumped the count up by one. :p
The crazy thing? The list is only going to get bigger.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

And his journey has just begun.

Khoru

Smash Champion

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062633

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

That's quite a feat indeed. Did you also count characters like Alph and the Koopalings etc?

Soul.

I think honestly you're one of few people who speculates that over characters, which is cool because that's also important, but gameplay changes don't really ever trump the shiny of a new object/character to play with or on for most people.

The characters and stages of a fighting game are always going to be the bigger focused on elements of speculation for the most part.
I guess. I sometimes don't even bother doing that, idk. How does one even get good at speculah?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so seeing as there nothing of intrest going on right now....lets talk the game of the year 2015
undertale

i can in all honesty say undertale is my favorite game to come out this year
the only other games that can possibly compare is persona 5 and xenoblade X

just look it up its 10$ and its pretty much the new earthbound in terms of story and characters and the combat is so unique and fun
also theres a skeleton that speaks in comics sans

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

You should include Sheik too since she is a separate character to the Zelda from TP.

Did you also include PxZ and NxC?

He also fought Asura in Asura's Wrath DLC.

Khoru

Smash Champion
so seeing as there nothing of intrest going on right now....lets talk the game of the year 2015
undertale

i can in all honesty say undertale is my favorite game to come out this year
the only other games that can possibly compare is persona 5 and xenoblade X

just look it up its 10$ and its pretty much the new earthbound in terms of story and characters and the combat is so unique and fun
also theres a skeleton that speaks in comics sans
there is a small lizard blogger scientist and she is me

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I want Xenoblade X so bad that I'm literally foaming at the mouth. December can't come soon enough...
Also, apparently Lin Lee is gonna get aged up over here in the US, from 13 to 15. For those who wonder why, let's just say she's got some pretty skimpy clothing options.
...Even then, only 15? I mean I really don't care either way, but only 2 years is a bit odd. I guess they don't wanna be TOO obvious with the censorship.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Anyone who's played Smash 4 knows this.

Like, hello?
Which is why you said this
HAR HAR! THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S THE TIRELESS WANDERER, GEDDIT?!
Instead of 'IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S ONE OF HIS WIN QUOTES' or something. Not to mention it's possible someone simply doesn't play as Ryu so they don't know about the win quote, it's also the win quote I get the least. You're kind of over-aggresive with this stuff, whether you intend it or not

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Which is why you said this

Instead of 'IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S ONE OF HIS WIN QUOTES' or something. Not to mention it's possible someone simply doesn't play as Ryu so they don't know about the win quote, it's also the win quote I get the least. You're kind of over-aggresive with this stuff, whether you intend it or not

Nobody asked you to critically analyze my humor.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I just finished re-reading some of Marvel's Secret Wars Comics.

I can safely say that Secret Wars (Proper), Old Man Logan and Siege are my most favorite Secret Wars comics.

I particularly like in the end of Siege #3 where Kang yells "KANG CONQUERS!!" after managing to surf through the time stream.

It was pretty great imo :awesome:

Nobody asked you to critically analyze my humor.
Or lack there of if you know what I mean mang

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom