• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Calling it: we'll have a Star Fox Zero stage to tie in with the game.

And maybe stages to tie in with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem: Fates, Metroid Prime Federation Force and Zelda Wii U.

Perhaps, this is wishful thinking, but doing this kind of promotion would be a very wise move on Nintendo's part.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder what kind of music selection the stage will have. Pretty much all of the main Mario themes are on other stages.

Of course, they could make new remixes. I can imagine Koji Kondo doing a special music arrangement for the stage. It would be a missed opportunity to not have the main composer of the Mario series do something for the Smash stage.

I JUST REALIZED SOMTEHING!!! :idea:

Could Undo Dog be in Smash because of the new stage? :lol:
:troll:
Yeah, as a stage cameo. :troll:

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wonder what the Omega version looks like. It would be great if it would be in a different Mario-game style every time you boot the Omega version of the stage.
I JUST REALIZED SOMTEHING!!! :idea:

Could Undo Dog be in Smash because of the new stage? :lol:
:troll:
No, but Mahjong Tile is.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The Undo-Dog should appear if you skip a match for 'no Contest'. ^^

They could do so many crazy things in this stage.

Make some pipes spit out Super Mushrooms, and other stuff.
Have the Flies appear, as well as uniqur Fly Swatter items. Kill all flies and make the stage Boss, Giant Fly thingy, appear.
They could even release, via updates, unique versions of the stage made by Miyamoto if they wanted to.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
September 30th is a Wednesday. I don't have classes on Wednesday.

My life is indeed grand.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
The new Mario Maker Stage is awesome.
I saw it and thought it was just a regular old Mario Maker thing from Nintendo.
Then I had to do a double-take just out of the pure shock and excitement.
Anyway trying to keep up here.
If we get a fighter, Can it please be Wolf. Not only that bet @ Burb Burb made is nearly drawing to an end.
I dread to think of my feelings towards Isaac getting Mii Costumed.
That would really hurt my top 2 DLC fighters.

Chrono.

Calling it: we'll have a Star Fox Zero stage to tie in with the game.

And maybe stages to tie in with Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem: Fates, Metroid Prime Federation Force and Zelda Wii U.

Perhaps, this is wishful thinking, but doing this kind of promotion would be a very wise move on Nintendo's part.
SFZ stage is likelier now imo, not so sure about the rest. I'd eat a Xenocross stage up if it meant getting Sawano's music in Smash tho

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd eat a Xenocross stage up if it meant getting Sawano's music in Smash tho
Great minds think alike. That is the exact same reason why I want a Xenoblade X stage.

Smash Bros. + Sawano's music = absolute perfection

And if Sakurai managed to get him to do a remix or medley for the stage, it would be even better.

Now that I think about it, I guess such a stage would count as a home stage for Shulk, even though he doesn't appear in X.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It means absolutely nothing. In fact, for all we know we could get someone like Dixie.

Honestly speaking, I can't really see an Isaac Mii costume happening.
Forgot to answer this.

For all we know, we could get anyone. So it goes both ways.

As for the second point, we saw a King K. Rool costume happen, so that alone puts every popular candidate in a deadpool for possible Mii costumes. Isaac being popular won't necessarily save him(again, KKR Mii).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No real reason, just my gut feelings.
In all fairness and with all due to respect to you and your most wanted, your gut feelings aren't Sakurai's.

Sakurai's gut told him to do a KKR Mii, so again, it could just as easily tell him to make an Isaac one.

The actual reason here, albeit a justified one, is that nobody wants to see their character King. K. Rool'd and Isaac is probably the next most popular candidate after him, so the worry is there.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see why people see Mii costumes as character disconfirmations considering:
1. There are outfits based on playable characters (Link, Samus)
2. Outfits take much less development time than characters (hence why we get tons of them per wave)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't see why people see Mii costumes as character disconfirmations considering:
2. Outfits take much less development time than characters (hence why we get tons of them per wave)
The main point of concern for most people regarding Mii outfits is when they're coming from characters without playable status in Smash, unless that character already has an in game role(Dunban, Chrom).

People don't worry about the ones based on playable characters because it doesn't mean anything. Already playable character gets an extra Mii outfit based on them. Since we have no precedent of "character shown first as Mii becomes playable" yet, that's why everyone worries and why the KKR Mii sent such a shockwave through the community. If Inklings, Heihachi, King K. Rool, Zero, etc. become playable, then this worry is for naught. Until then, it's easy to see why people would be concerned.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
And why not, exactly?
Well, the fact that his AT is one of the only ones removed isn't exactly a good sign for him. If GS is dead and buried (which it probably is), then they may not even bother with a costume.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
So anyone stoked for kingdom hearts 2.8? now I have to get a ps4.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Golden Sun got a strange treatment. In Brawl, it had an Assist Trophy (Isaac) and a music remix for Norfair.

This time, Isaac is nowhere to be seen, the remix from Brawl returns on the same stage and there's a song taken directly from Dark Dawn on Palutena's Temple.

The Assist Trophy was removed, but a song from the series was added.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Golden Sun got a strange treatment. In Brawl, it had an Assist Trophy (Isaac) and a music remix for Norfair.

This time, Isaac is nowhere to be seen, the remix from Brawl returns on the same stage and there's a song taken directly from Dark Dawn on Palutena's Temple.

The Assist Trophy was removed, but a song from the series was added.
Songs from games with no stage/characters aren't that much of a deal anymore, Smash is full of them and Isaac wasn't the only AT removed.
The only difference is that he was the only of the cut Brawl ATs that had a track too iirc

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Agreed. I get what people mean when they say that 'Sakurai would not make a King K. Rool costume if he was planned to be a character', and whatnot. But I still do not see why this would confirm characters to be off-limit. Maybe he wanna see the reactions to see how wanted a character is? Or he picked Krool before deciding Krool to be playable, which would make it illogical that he would go 'I guess I can't make him playable now that I made a costume'. Or maybe there is a even more 'Sakurai reason' for it.

Etc etc.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So anyone stoked for kingdom hearts 2.8? now I have to get a ps4.
2.8? That sound like one of those joke names you'd hear on an April Fools "news" story. Well they went past the dumb names event horizon with 365 over 2 so I shouldn't be surprised.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, about that presumed second DLC stage we might be getting, here are some conclusions I've made after a while of research.

-It will not be a bundle. Or, if it is a bundle, it will be a bundle that allows you to purchase a fighter and stage seperately. Our only example thusfar is Ryu. I will assume for the moment that the Newcomer+Stage model won't change (unless a newcomer lacks an accompanying stage.)

It will (probably) not be one of the following returning stages, as they have a number of themes present on other stages:

-Yoshi's Island (N64) ("Yoshi's Story" plays on Yoshi's Island (SSBM).)
-Mushroom Kingdom II ("Mushroom Kingdom II" was renamed "Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 2)", which is on Peach's Castle 64.)
-Rainbow Cruise (Both "Rainbow Cruise (Melee) and "Princess Peach's Castle" are on Delfino Plaza.)
-Princess Peach's Castle (See above.)
-Yoshi's Story ("Yoshi's Story Ver. 2" plays on Woolly World)
-Pokemon Stadium (All three themes from Brawl are present on Pokemon Stadium 2.)
-Poke Floats ("Poke Floats" is on Pokemon Stadium 2.)
-Green Greens ("Green Greens (Melee)" is on Great Cave Offensive.)
-Venom ("Venom" is on Lylat Cruise.)
-Fountain of Dreams ("Gourmet Race (Melee)" is on Dream Land 64.)
-Mute City ("Mute City (Remix)" is on Port Town Aero Dive, there's a new Mute City stage on the 3DS version, and we have 4 Mute City themes, yet no Melee Mute City.)
-Big Blue ("Big Blue" is on Port Town Aero Dive.)
-Brinstar Depths ("Brinstar Depths" is on Norfair.)
-Icicle Mountain ("Icicle Mountain (Melee)" is on Wrecking Crew, and... yeah, Ice Climbers are gone.)
-Kongo Jungle ("DK Rap" is on Jungle Hijinx.)
-New Pork City (Most of its music was ported to Onett and Magicant.)
-Frigate Orpheon (Every song except "Opening/Menu (Metroid Prime)" was ported to Pyrosphere.)
-Spear Pillar (Every song except the original composition of "Battle!" (Wild Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl) is present on other Pokemon stage.)
-Rumble Falls (All themes except "DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast)" and "The Map Page/Bonus Level" have been scattered across DK stages.)
-Summit (All themes except the Brawl composition of "Balloon Trip" are on Dunk Hunt or Wrecking Crew.)

Plausible candidates:

Great Bay: Melee's composition of "Saria's Song" does not exist in this game. "Great Bay" was retitled "Main Theme (Legend of Zelda)". Additionally, there are a surprising lack of many Majora's Mask tracks in the game.

Fourside: "EarthBound" is not anywhere in Smash 4.

Planet Zebes : Track #8 has not appeared again in its original form. As we know from all 64 stages that have been ported since Melee, they do reuse the original tracks from the 64 version.

Saffron City: Track #12 has not appeared again in its original form.

Sector Z: Track #11 has not appeared again in its original form.

Special cases:

-Pirate Ship

Every song except the original composition of "The Great Sea" and "Molgera Battle" are present on other stages. This includes songs you'd expect to be on Pirate Ship, like "Song of Storms". Due to the absence of the "The Great Sea"'s not remix, it's not entirely impossible for this stage to pop up. I'd consider it very unlikely, though.

-Pictochat

Interestingly, a number of Pictochat songs are absent from the game. The main theme "Pictochat" is on "Pictochat 2 and "75m", so I doubt Pictochat's return, but this is worth a look.

Brawl's compositions of "Mii Channel" and "Wii Shop Channel" are absent. However, remixes of these themes are present elsewhere. Also absent from the game in any form that I'm aware of are "Charge! (Wii Play)" and "Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi".

This is probably as scattered as it was because Pictochat was one of the sole generic "Nintendo" stages in the game, a trait later split into numerous stages by the time Smash 4 came about. These stages tend to be dumping grounds for generic Nintendo-related stuff.

-Mario Bros:

"Gyromite" and "Mario Bros." are both present on retro-themed stages (Wrecking Crew and 75m) however, "Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasamejo)" , "Power-Up Music" and" the Brawl composition of "Famicom Medley" are absent. Due to the short length of the 8-bit "Mario Bros." theme and the remixed version being elsewhere, I'd file this under "unlikely".

-Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) and Mushroom Kingdom 64

Their main themes are the Super Mario Bros. theme, which will almost assuredly be on Super Mario Maker. I was surprised it already wasn't in the game.

It's also reasonable to guess that Snake would either be bundled with a new Metal Gear stage or Shadow Moses. I don't believe the second stage on the 30th will be Metal Gear related, and I don't believe the possible character we get will be Snake. Basically, Shadow Moses Island is also out of the picture in this circumstance.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Songs from games with no stage/characters aren't that much of a deal anymore, Smash is full of them and Isaac wasn't the only AT removed.
The only difference is that he was the only of the cut Brawl ATs that had a track too iirc
For awhile I thought Marionation Gear was from Custom Robo but turns out it's from some other obscure mecha game.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Saw this posted on Gaf. So does the Japanese game not have a separate page for dlc stages?

Yeah the Japanese game has all the stages including the DLC ones all on one separate page. That screenshot is from the Japanese version of the Super Mario Maker stage reveal video btw.

EDIT: Zoroarking is most likely right actually. Makes sense since the Japanese screenshot is missing some stages.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saw this posted on Gaf. So does the Japanese game not have a separate page for dlc stages?

Not having allvstages unlocked causes this
For example, if you have all of the base game stages+only Miiverse, it will appear where the arrow normally is
I never saw it with the base game stages locked, but that's probably what happens

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Agreed. I get what people mean when they say that 'Sakurai would not make a King K. Rool costume if he was planned to be a character', and whatnot. But I still do not see why this would confirm characters to be off-limit. Maybe he wanna see the reactions to see how wanted a character is? Or he picked Krool before deciding Krool to be playable, which would make it illogical that he would go 'I guess I can't make him playable now that I made a costume'. Or maybe there is a even more 'Sakurai reason' for it.

Etc etc.
Sakurai doesn't do things without logic. Just because a lot of people think so, it doesn't make it true.

Notice how plenty of the Mii costumes are based popular characters. It's just a way of giving nods to them since he knows it's impossible to satisfy everyone. It could be a way of him acknowledging character popularity and, even if he doesn't managed to include all of them in the game.

Sakurai is very much of a "something is better than nothing" kind of person in many aspects (but not all, considering the Ice Climbers situation, but that itself had a clear logic). This kind of mindset is present in the inclusion of clones, especially Ganondorf.

Now, whether you agree with his logic or not is something else entirely.

Chrono.

KH2.8 includes BbS 0.2

2.8 + 0.2 = 3

Thanks Squeenix

Also SEGA just announced Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 1 Extreme.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sakurai doesn't do things without logic. Just because a lot of people think so, it doesn't make it true.

Notice how plenty of the Mii costumes are based popular characters. It's just a way of giving nods to them since he knows it's impossible to satisfy everyone. It could be a way of him acknowledging character popularity and, even if he doesn't managed to include all of them in the game.

Sakurai is very much of a "something is better than nothing" kind of person in many aspects (but not all, considering the Ice Climbers situation, but that itself had a clear logic). This kind of mindset is present in the inclusion of clones, especially Ganondorf.

Sakurai's 'something or nothing' isn't really justified imo, especially with K.Rool, because seriously, if he's pretty much THE most requested character, why give him the Mii costume in the first place?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So, about that presumed second DLC stage we might be getting, here are some conclusions I've made after a while of research.

-It will not be a bundle. Or, if it is a bundle, it will be a bundle that allows you to purchase a fighter and stage seperately. Our only example thusfar is Ryu. I will assume for the moment that the Newcomer+Stage model won't change (unless a newcomer lacks an accompanying stage.)

It will (probably) not be one of the following returning stages, as they have a number of themes present on other stages:

-Yoshi's Island (N64) ("Yoshi's Story" plays on Yoshi's Island (SSBM).)
-Mushroom Kingdom II ("Mushroom Kingdom II" was renamed "Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 2)", which is on Peach's Castle 64.)
-Rainbow Cruise (Both "Rainbow Cruise (Melee) and "Princess Peach's Castle" are on Delfino Plaza.)
-Princess Peach's Castle (See above.)
-Yoshi's Story ("Yoshi's Story Ver. 2" plays on Woolly World)
-Pokemon Stadium (All three themes from Brawl are present on Pokemon Stadium 2.)
-Poke Floats ("Poke Floats" is on Pokemon Stadium 2.)
-Green Greens ("Green Greens (Melee)" is on Great Cave Offensive.)
-Venom ("Venom" is on Lylat Cruise.)
-Fountain of Dreams ("Gourmet Race (Melee)" is on Dream Land 64.)
-Mute City ("Mute City (Remix)" is on Port Town Aero Dive, there's a new Mute City stage on the 3DS version, and we have 4 Mute City themes, yet no Melee Mute City.)
-Big Blue ("Big Blue" is on Port Town Aero Dive.)
-Brinstar Depths ("Brinstar Depths" is on Norfair.)
-Icicle Mountain ("Icicle Mountain (Melee)" is on Wrecking Crew, and... yeah, Ice Climbers are gone.)
-Kongo Jungle ("DK Rap" is on Jungle Hijinx.)
-New Pork City (Most of its music was ported to Onett and Magicant.)
-Frigate Orpheon (Every song except "Opening/Menu (Metroid Prime)" was ported to Pyrosphere.)
-Spear Pillar (Every song except the original composition of "Battle!" (Wild Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl) is present on other Pokemon stage.)
-Rumble Falls (All themes except "DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast)" and "The Map Page/Bonus Level" have been scattered across DK stages.)
-Summit (All themes except the Brawl composition of "Balloon Trip" are on Dunk Hunt or Wrecking Crew.)

Plausible candidates:

Great Bay: Melee's composition of "Saria's Song" does not exist in this game. "Great Bay" was retitled "Main Theme (Legend of Zelda)". Additionally, there are a surprising lack of many Majora's Mask tracks in the game.

Fourside: "EarthBound" is not anywhere in Smash 4.

Planet Zebes : Track #8 has not appeared again in its original form. As we know from all 64 stages that have been ported since Melee, they do reuse the original tracks from the 64 version.

Saffron City: Track #12 has not appeared again in its original form.

Sector Z: Track #11 has not appeared again in its original form.

Special cases:

-Pirate Ship

Every song except the original composition of "The Great Sea" and "Molgera Battle" are present on other stages. This includes songs you'd expect to be on Pirate Ship, like "Song of Storms". Due to the absence of the "The Great Sea"'s not remix, it's not entirely impossible for this stage to pop up. I'd consider it very unlikely, though.

-Pictochat

Interestingly, a number of Pictochat songs are absent from the game. The main theme "Pictochat" is on "Pictochat 2 and "75m", so I doubt Pictochat's return, but this is worth a look.

Brawl's compositions of "Mii Channel" and "Wii Shop Channel" are absent. However, remixes of these themes are present elsewhere. Also absent from the game in any form that I'm aware of are "Charge! (Wii Play)" and "Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi".

This is probably as scattered as it was because Pictochat was one of the sole generic "Nintendo" stages in the game, a trait later split into numerous stages by the time Smash 4 came about. These stages tend to be dumping grounds for generic Nintendo-related stuff.

-Mario Bros:

"Gyromite" and "Mario Bros." are both present on retro-themed stages (Wrecking Crew and 75m) however, "Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasamejo)" , "Power-Up Music" and" the Brawl composition of "Famicom Medley" are absent. Due to the short length of the 8-bit "Mario Bros." theme and the remixed version being elsewhere, I'd file this under "unlikely".

-Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) and Mushroom Kingdom 64

Their main themes are the Super Mario Bros. theme, which will almost assuredly be on Super Mario Maker. I was surprised it already wasn't in the game.

It's also reasonable to guess that Snake would either be bundled with a new Metal Gear stage or Shadow Moses. I don't believe the second stage on the 30th will be Metal Gear related, and I don't believe the possible character we get will be Snake. Basically, Shadow Moses Island is also out of the picture in this circumstance.
There's also Jungle Japes as a Wii U exclusive DLC (since it's already on 3DS) :lol:

Speaking of 3DS, Dream Land is also a likely candidate for Wii U DLC, since its songs have yet to be used on the Wii U

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Don't get me wrong, Frosty. ^^ I never said Sakurai does for no logical reason. One of my points was just that, Sakurai has a LOT of pretty odd reasons, and many of them tends to go against eachother, since it seems he changes his mind of things a lot.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai's 'something or nothing' isn't really justified imo, especially with K.Rool, because seriously, if he's pretty much THE most requested character, why give him the Mii costume in the first place?
Because he wasn't going to make him a PC and a Mii Costume was the second best thing and thus "better than nothing"

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So the new stage has to be...

A) From an already existing series
B) A new series but one that doesn't have a new character as it would most likely be bundled with said character
Still makes Paper Mario possible because I REALLY don;t think he'll be put as his own series :)

Though, that link seriously almost confirms that stage existence (I honestly saw nothing with the possible photoshopped thing).

So, now this is time to try to guess it :)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
There's also Jungle Japes as a Wii U exclusive DLC (since it's already on 3DS) :lol:

Speaking of 3DS, Dream Land is also a likely candidate for Wii U DLC, since its songs have yet to be used on the Wii U
Highly unlikely, as Dream Land is very handheld oriented. I wouldn't say any 3DS stage is going to be DLC because every DLC stage thus far sans Miiverse (I think?) has been on the 3DS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom