• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's Shovel Knight's last straw from here, whether it be good or bad.
Phhhh, who needs Shovel Knight?:p

It should be Wolf time.

Get this.

The original Paper Mario originally released on September 30th, 2000.

Make of that what you will.
It means absolutely nothing. In fact, for all we know we could get someone like Dixie.

Maybe tomorrow we'll finally have that Isaac Mii Swordfighter costume get announced.

'Cause we know it's coming sooner or later. :troll:
Honestly speaking, I can't really see an Isaac Mii costume happening.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I won't lie, Mario Maker is pretty addicting. Just spend 3 hours on my first stage.

D368-0000-003B-D26B

Not that creative, but it definitely got me familiar with the program.

Chrono.

I'm happy KOFXIV is happening, but man the 3D models look ugly af, I really hope it's just early models but I doubt they'll get fixed much.

That being said I hope the gameplay is still top notch, maybe Rock will be in this one.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A Super Mario Maker stage coming out of nowhere sure was a pleasant surprise. Especially after the long silence in terms of any Smash news.

Will be looking forward to it once it comes out. Hopefully we will get some more Smash DLC news very soon too....

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would be saying that maybe we already have too many Mario stages, but Peach's Castle 64 is loads of fun to play.

Mario Maker stage is a great addition too and puts the Mushroom Kingdom levels in Smash 64 and Melee to shame.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys.
I beat Majora's Mask 100%. I've been binge playing it.
It was fun. Very fun.
However, that's not why I brought it up.

I'm listening to the theme of the Final Hours and it's 5:48AM.
I'm scared. Help.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Watching the SCEJA Press Conference 2015 live was pretty fun, although I only started watching when One Piece Burning Blood came on. Totally missed Gravity Daze 2 announcement but I'm really excited for that, glad that they're bringing the first one to PS4 as well. Of course, the chat was pretty hilarious especially when Dragon Quest Builders trailer came up and everyone was comparing it to Minecraft and there was that one cat/furry game that looked like a Terraria game. xD

Really nice to see another Danganronpa game announced too but what's with all the Monokumas?! Looks like they finally revealed the games for their Playstation VR. Summer Lesson is where it's at. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . I noticed a Danganronpa VR game was also listed, now that's cool. Playstation Now is Sony's streaming service for PS3 games but involves a fee. Sounds somewhat expensive but at least some backwards compatibility is coming to PS4 now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say it puts them to "shame", but the Mario Maker is a nice addition.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm happy KOFXIV is happening, but man the 3D models look ugly af, I really hope it's just early models but I doubt they'll get fixed much.

That being said I hope the gameplay is still top notch, maybe Rock will be in this one.
"The in-game footage has been taken during development".

Lets hope this game gets a MAJOR and proper polish when we get more footage.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mario Maker stage is awesome. Great idea and looks to be well executed.

A few thoughts:
-Additional characters seems like a good possibility with this update. But I don't expect Wolf to be one of them, after they delayed Falco's Amiibo to coincide with SF0, I'd imagine if we get Wolf, it will coincide with it also.

-I also don't think the Shovel Knight rumour is going to be dead if he doesn't turn up on the 30th, as the nature of the leak didn't specify that he'd be the next DLC character.

-There's a chance that this may not be ballot related content as it ends before the ballot is over.

-I'll just be not so silently hoping for Dixie to be revealed as a character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hope Mario Maker still scrolls through styles when you use the Omega form.
Yeah, kind of like how Battlefield and Gaur Plain retain the day and night cycle, how Yoshi's Island (Brawl) keeps the season cycle or how travelling stages like Delfino Plaza or Skyloft still travel around the area.

Mario Maker stage is awesome. Great idea and looks to be well executed.

A few thoughts:
-Additional characters seems like a good possibility with this update. But I don't expect Wolf to be one of them, after they delayed Falco's Amiibo to coincide with SF0, I'd imagine if we get Wolf, it will coincide with it also.

-I also don't think the Shovel Knight rumour is going to be dead if he doesn't turn up on the 30th, as the nature of the leak didn't specify that he'd be the next DLC character.

-There's a chance that this may not be ballot related content as it ends before the ballot is over.

-I'll just be not so silently hoping for Dixie to be revealed as a character.
Wolf could very well be saved for Star Fox Zero, I agree. That would be just like how the Mario Maker stage is clearly tied with the game's release. Though I'd really like if he was revealed as soon as possible.

I also think that September 30th will be a full-fledged wave of content. Considering past waves, it's likely that we'll have at least more Mii costumes along with the stage.

I have a hunch we won't just have the new stage and they'll pull out some surprises. Hopefully, a new character is revealed, possibly a choice from the ballot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now we know what they were doing while waiting got the ballot. I guess the 2D nature of the stage allows them to have all those different configurations with not as much memory space. Compare this stage to Sizaku Castle which only had walk-off ledges and those signposts.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Just made a pretty tricky course -

Bowser's Ghastly Gauntlet: 3731 0000 003C 1883

For anyone who loves a challenge!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'm on the bus to that dreaded place called high school and just heard the news.

WHOEVER SAID WE WOULD GET A SUPER MARIO MAKER STAGE IS A PSYCHIC!

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I won't lie, Mario Maker is pretty addicting. Just spend 3 hours on my first stage.

D368-0000-003B-D26B

I tried it out and cleared it. Very well-designed if I do say so myself.
Making any more Mega Man stages?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know I'm late and someone may have already beaten me to the punch, but I have something to share about the recently announced Super Mario Maker.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know I'm late and someone may have already beaten me to the punch, but I have something to share about the recently announced Super Mario Maker.

I wanted to bring that up once before when the new Smash DLC happened, but forgot.

But yeah, someone posted that video in here once. A day or so before Super Mario Maker X Smash officially happened.

Someone in here is a leaker that leaked that DLC in advance. :troll:

But really though, dat timing.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wanted to bring that up once before when the new Smash DLC happened, but forgot.

But yeah, someone posted that video in here once. A day or so before Super Mario Maker X Smash officially happened.

Someone in here is a leaker that leaked that DLC in advance. :troll:

But really though, dat timing.
Also, the game released like, 4 days ago.

Chrono.

I just realized the Mario Maker stage didn't leak.

Let's hope its the same for the remaining DLC

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hoping we get a legitimate surprise again and not another Roy/Ryu situation.

We need Mewtwo levels of hype now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not sure if I'm expecting or just hoping for a new wave of DLC.
I'd really like if we got a real 2-3 character surprise. I could imagine Sakurai, disappointed that Roy and Ryu were discovered early, to go for a round two with DLC surprises with more security.

Fingers crossed.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Personally I find leaks fun. I really don't care if it's leaked or not as long as we have a DLC char though

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Hoping we get a legitimate surprise again and not another Roy/Ryu situation.

We need Mewtwo levels of hype now.
Roy and Ryu got caught early because they don't have a clue about being stealthy. :snake:

What a week, though.
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, the Mario Maker stage, and now KH 2.8.
Edit: Oh, and Zygarde.

---

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Roy and Ryu got caught early because they don't have a clue about being stealthy. :snake:

What a week, though.
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, the Mario Maker stage, and now KH 2.8.

---
You know...if Snake were to be revealed somehow, I actually wouldn't be surprised with how Nintendo is actually making news more secured lately...

Snake

Makes a sneaky return. :troll:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, of we're getting more than one Mario stage, than another Kirby stage is definitely a possibility.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

D368-0000-003B-D26B

Will try it. c: Hope you'll wanna try this one of mine sometime. XD

"The Goomba Copter Cargo Flight"
ID: E5B7-0000-0031-7913

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom