• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The stage select screen in the Japanese video is from development, and it's NOT how it appears in game (with all the stages on one screen). My stage select screen is similar to the one seen in the US version of the video.
As noted by a few users here, the stage select screen reflects that of one where the unlockable stages are not yet unlocked.
The DLC stages hang out on the front page until the unlockable stages push them out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Neogaf admins make no sense. I remember when Iwata passed there was a loud outcry for Neogaf to put an Iwata Ribbon on the sites banner....or even R.I.P text. They went ahead and made a pride banner but refused to show respect to Iwata and said "Don't tell us how to mourn."
Apparently GAF lusts over the PS4 and hates everything outside of it. Which is wrong of course, looking at a Zygarde Complete thread with @Serebii posting there too

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sorry, been busy with a lot of things:

2 Placeholder for Stages

2 Placeholder for Characters

Remind yourself by visiting my humble archive of knowledge.

Mario Maker + 1 more for this next update....

This means I might be wrong about the 2 characters being post-ballot. As if the ballot characters are newcomers, they probably require a home stage ala Suzaku...unless of course the characters they chose don't require another home stage. It's far more likely that they will add another row of stages at this point.

The website seems to have a number order independent of stage order:
PACK 1
1) Dreamland
----------------
PACK 2
2) Hyrule Castle
3) Peach's Castle
--------------------
PACK 3
4) ??????????????
5) Super Mario Maker

I believe the website follows alphabetical order.This isn't confirmed, but just pure speculation on my part. The name of 4 could make or break this theory, but it's something to note for the future. This is because Peach's Castle actually comes before Hyrule Castle's in the actual stage select screen (as per the rules).

The stage select screen in the Japanese video is from development, and it's NOT how it appears in game (with all the stages on one screen). My stage select screen is similar to the one seen in the US version of the video.

Personally, I think Wolf would be a safe bet, either for this month or October.

If another character were to be announced it could be Shovel Knight.

I'm also betting their will be costumes. The announcement was made waaaaaay far in advance. The last DLC had 3 days before it dropped. This one has 2 weeks? Yeah, there's some more coming.
Didn't @Tama say that SK was post-ballot?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Neogaf admins make no sense. I remember when Iwata passed there was a loud outcry for Neogaf to put an Iwata Ribbon on the sites banner....or even R.I.P text. They went ahead and made a pride banner but refused to show respect to Iwata and said "Don't tell us how to mourn."

They also brought out the ban hammer on those who kept demanding the ribbon. Seriously if someone got banned here for the same reason then I wouldn't expect the mod/admin who did so to keep their spot very long.
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :surprised:

Is NeoGAF trying to be the new 4chan?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys.
I beat Majora's Mask 100%. I've been binge playing it.
It was fun. Very fun.
However, that's not why I brought it up.

I'm listening to the theme of the Final Hours and it's 5:48AM.
I'm scared. Help.
Final hours is the best sad music I ever heard, this was the only music that reflected perfectly my feel on a Subday night while knowing I have school tomorrow ending the weekend :)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

2 Placeholder for Stages

This means I might be wrong about the 2 characters being post-ballot. As if the ballot characters are newcomers, they probably require a home stage ala Suzaku...unless of course the characters they chose don't require another home stage. It's far more likely that they will add another row of stages at this point.

PACK 1
1) Dreamland
----------------
PACK 2
2) Hyrule Castle
3) Peach's Castle
--------------------
PACK 3
4) ??????????????
5) Super Mario Maker

I believe the website follows alphabetical order.This isn't confirmed, but just pure speculation on my part. The name of 4 could make or break this theory, but it's something to note for the future. This is because Peach's Castle actually comes before Hyrule Castle's in the actual stage select screen (as per the rules).

I'm also betting their will be costumes. The announcement was made waaaaaay far in advance. The last DLC had 3 days before it dropped. This one has 2 weeks? Yeah, there's some more coming.
Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on it being Saffron City at this point. Was that Saffron Leak ever debunked? I posted a pic of Project M's, but that was just a carbon-copy of the 64 version (which has been the standard thus far in Sm4sh.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Umbrella Corps is even more removed from Resident Evil than any game before it. Good going Capcom. 10/10 for the further wtf nature of the future of this franchise.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Even 4chan paid tribute? :surprised:

Damn, NeoGAF, get your **** together. :glare:
The reason is because users were being very rude about their requests. I think the administration got fed up with it, and decided strongly against it.

I don't really understand the NeoGAF hate. I think for the most part they are a decent community, and offer a lot of great insight. Because of the bar of entry, you don't get as many **** posters as you do on other forums. Is it perfect? No. I've seen far worse on many, many other sites though.

D

Deleted member

4chan's actually less evil than people make it out to be, they've fought against pedophilia, raised charity awareness and even gave friendly advice sometimes. Some nice Anon explained how to Walljump in Super Metroid
Lol you didn't know how to walljump? What a n00b

The problem with 4chan is that it's anonymous, anyone can say whatever the hell they want without consequences

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

The problem with 4chan is that it's anonymous, anyone can say whatever the hell they want without consequences
Why would anyone make Anything anonymous?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
This was the Saffron leak, fyi;

This all occurred prior to the information we've gotten, so... it almost seems like it could be real, or has a bit of a chance.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

This all occurred prior to the information we've gotten, so... it almost seems like it could be real, or has a bit of a chance.
Some of the information seems to be exaggerated. But that could be to catch copy-cats.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Probabilities and predictions aren't the same thing, Burby. :smirk:
But you make predictions based on probabilities.

They correlate.

So I got banned on Neogaf permanently for posting the results of the sourcegaming japan poll. Seriously that site has no damn rhyme or reason for its bans. And according to their policy, they can ban for what ever reason they want and theres no negotiation. So stupid. :/
Neogaf's admins at this point remind me of indie devs on Steam abusing their power when criticized.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I don't even have Super Metroid

True, but 4Chan's at least better than tumblr. Spoilered because link contains lots of nasty words.

No. I refuse to believe Sakurai's dumb enough to think that being female is that important to fans. People want Krystal for her moveset potential and how she'd possibly be a Star Fox character without the similar movesets

Chrono.

Doesn't mention Mario Maker at all, so I consider this fake. There's a lot of other oddities here and there too.

Last edited:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586

2 Placeholder for Stages

PACK 1
1) Dreamland
----------------
PACK 2
2) Hyrule Castle
3) Peach's Castle
--------------------
PACK 3
4) ??????????????
5) Super Mario Maker

It could be preballot because Sakurai did say several characters from the fan service.

D

Deleted member

"People want K. Rool and Krystal, so Sakurai assumes people want Dixie"
What kind of logic is this?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We could get ballot characters even before the ballot ends. I don't think they are waiting until October 4th to start development on the ballot characters.
"Yeah, we decided which ballot characters to add months ago, most of votes didn't even matter, and LOL at the people who didn't even vote yet." Starting development before the ballot ends is one thing, but coming out with a character before it ends just sounds like a horrible idea.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The reason is because users were being very rude about their requests. I think the administration got fed up with it, and decided strongly against it.

I don't really understand the NeoGAF hate. I think for the most part they are a decent community, and offer a lot of great insight. Because of the bar of entry, you don't get as many **** posters as you do on other forums. Is it perfect? No. I've seen far worse on many, many other sites though.
To be honest, they should have done something like that without the requests to begin with. The fact they did tribute to other events, and refused to do something for an icon of gaming is what made people so persistent in the first place. Are there any Smashboard admins that back me up and say that deciding to add a tribute to the banner took very little thought? I felt the banner was something that just came natural to this site. The fact that GAF literally stands for "Gaming Age Forums" and couldn't pay tribute to a person that helped shape gaming is very disrespectful on their part. If they do the same thing for other gaming icons when the day comes, such as Miyamoto or Kojima, I'm sure users will react no differently.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hate it when people make sense, it makes me look stupid. :urg:

. . .

Then again, I am stupid! :psycho:
I truly despise when people devalue themselves because of one tiny correction, even if it is a joke.

"People want K. Rool and Krystal, so Sakurai assumes people want Dixie"
What kind of logic is this?
You imply that is logic? :seuss:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't even have Super Metroid

True, but 4Chan's at least better than tumblr. Spoilered because link contains lots of nasty words.
No. I refuse to believe Sakurai's dumb enough to think that being female is that important to fans. People want Krystal for her moveset potential and how she'd possibly be a Star Fox character without the similar movesets
Saved and bookmarked for good measure
You never know when you might need this pic

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Stage order on the 3DS is wrong. It's fake. (See Wii U order as proof of "pack order" Plus Kirby before Mario, but Pokemon before Suzaku?? Yeah....)

Not a valid reason to NOT pay tribute, if you ask me.
I think it is. People were apparently very aggressive in their demands. I know people were upset with Iwata's passing (I know I was), but "demanding tribute" is silly. We aren't some island nation. We are an online community bounded together by our passion for video games. Our shared memories and grievance is enough, it doesn't need to be plastered on every single webpage if the administration doesn't want it to be.

Have some respect for the people who put their time and effort into running the forums/site. If they don't want to do it, they shouldn't be "held hostage" by the community. Let the community move on and find another gathering spot if they disagree with the administration/ site's decision. At the end of the day. websites aren't public spaces. They are owned 100% privately. This is something a lot of people can't seem to understand. That's why SWF can have rules for it's forums. This is why Neogaf does too. The rules go far and above what's legally required of websites and that's because the administrators in both cases have an idea of what kind of community they want to create, and encourage.

//end rant

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Stage order on the 3DS is wrong. It's fake. (See Wii U order as proof of "pack order" Plus Kirby before Mario, but Pokemon before Suzaku?? Yeah....)

I think it is. People were apparently very aggressive in their demands. I know people were upset with Iwata's passing (I know I was), but "demanding tribute" is silly. We aren't some island nation. We are an online community bounded together by our passion for video games. Our shared memories and grievance is enough, it doesn't need to be plastered on every single webpage if the administration doesn't want it to be.

Have some respect for the people who put their time and effort into running the forums/site. If they don't want to do it, they shouldn't be "held hostage" by the community. Let the community move on and find another gathering spot if they disagree with the administration/ site's decision. At the end of the day. websites aren't public spaces. They are owned 100% privately. This is something a lot of people can't seem to understand. That's why SWF can have rules for it's forums. This is why Neogaf does too. The rules go far and above what's legally required of websites and that's because the administrators in both cases have an idea of what kind of community they want to create, and encourage.

//end rant
Wait, have you thought of them maybe changing the layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom