• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I got a serious question: And almost most people will agree with me on this

Why do all video game romances suck? I mean seriously, there's never a good game with a romantic subplot or worst, a game where it's story is based around romance

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
'Plus, Ash's Greninja takes on a mysterious new appearance in the latest season! Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.' Either a new Mega gimmick or not a Mega. Neogaf said it's possible Mega Greninja will resemble the trainer in game. Would be quite nifty
is now called Zygarde Complete. Probably to say 'guys, it isn't DBZ' though it heavily resembles Norse mythology

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Found this
'Okay, let me clear up some misconceptions here before you all go "Digimon ripoff". There's a reason why Zygarde's main formes are the way they are. Zygarde has links to Norse mythology, as its 50% forme (the one we've known since X/Y) is based on Nidhogg, the serpent that dwells in and gnaws at Yggdrassil's roots. The 10% forme (the dog) is based on Fenrir, the monstrous wolf which is the son of Loki. The Complete forme (the giant) is based on Surtr, an important figure in Ragnarok, referencing how this forme has greater power than Xerneas and Yveltal (as seen in the Adventures manga, battles between Xerneas and Yveltal are catastrophic). Complete Zygarde is also based on Hel, goddess of the underworld. Hel has one living, and one dead, side, referencing how Complete Zygarde has elements of Xerneas (its right) and Yveltal (its left) on both sides.''

Holy **** Sugimori went for the full monty with this guy. Or is Zygarde female because of Hel?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Found this
'Okay, let me clear up some misconceptions here before you all go "Digimon ripoff". There's a reason why Zygarde's main formes are the way they are. Zygarde has links to Norse mythology, as its 50% forme (the one we've known since X/Y) is based on Nidhogg, the serpent that dwells in and gnaws at Yggdrassil's roots. The 10% forme (the dog) is based on Fenrir, the monstrous wolf which is the son of Loki. The Complete forme (the giant) is based on Surtr, an important figure in Ragnarok, referencing how this forme has greater power than Xerneas and Yveltal (as seen in the Adventures manga, battles between Xerneas and Yveltal are catastrophic). Complete Zygarde is also based on Hel, goddess of the underworld. Hel has one living, and one dead, side, referencing how Complete Zygarde has elements of Xerneas (its right) and Yveltal (its left) on both sides.''

Holy **** Sugimori went for the full monty with this guy. Or is Zygarde female because of Hel?
This is actually really cool.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I got a serious question: And almost most people will agree with me on this

Why do all video game romances suck? I mean seriously, there's never a good game with a romantic subplot or worst, a game where it's story is based around romance
Well according to Swampasaur a few pages back The Last Story had "an amazing love story".

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Found this

While I agree that they're not "Digimon ripoffs (though then again, I feel no Pokemon are and I wish that comment would get banished into the 9th circle)," I still honestly don't really like what they did with those forms, and even if they were based on Norse Mythology (which I personally don't agree with) I don't think it really fixes the problems I have with it. The thing with the the forms that bothers me is that there's really no unifying thematic between them and the forms don't really tie all that well into each other from a design standpoint aside from the hexagons. The dog is completely out of nowhere and doesn't have any notable traits that relate back to any of the three forms, and Perfect form nixes the snake motif that the original form and just has it transform into a generic titan. The cell forms are really the only ones that keep any general theme and/or traits consistent between it and the original form, but even they also don't have any traits that are shared with the dog and Perfect form.

I mean, say what you will about Kyurem, Giratina and their forms, but at least there was a consistent theme between each of them that related back to their original designs, Zygarde just feels completely inconsistent and loses a lot from its original design in the transition. I personally feel that they could've done better in tying these designs together.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While I agree that they're not "Digimon ripoffs (though then again, I feel no Pokemon are and I wish that comment would get banished into the 9th circle)," I still honestly don't really like what they did with those forms, and even if they were based on Norse Mythology (which I personally don't agree with) I don't think it really fixes the problems I have with it. The thing with the the forms that bothers me is that there's really no unifying thematic between them and the forms don't really tie all that well into each other from a design standpoint aside from the hexagons. The dog is completely out of nowhere and doesn't have any notable traits that relate back to any of the three forms, and Perfect form nixes the snake motif that the original form and just has it transform into a generic titan. The cell forms are really the only ones that keep any general theme consistent between it and the original form (that is, being snake-like), but they also don't have any traits that are shared with the dog and Perfect form.

I mean, say what you will about Kyurem, Giratina and their forms, but at least there was a consistent theme between each of them that related back to their original designs, Zygarde just feels completely inconsistent and loses a lot from its original design in the transition. I personally feel that they could've done better in tying these designs together, even if the idea was throwing in Norse Mythology.
The consistent theme is that they're connected to Norse mythology though...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>I know that Professor Layton is gonna be the next new fighter
You got any proof the to back this up
Well there was his voice actor who thinks that whatever he voiced for Layton recently may have been intended for Smash 4.....

Granted that isn't definitive "proof" and certainly not something to be overconfident with it being certainly intended for Smash 4 (Layton could always be making a guest appearance in some other game we don't know about, after all.) His voice actor wasn't certain but its something at least I guess.....

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just found out about Quiet in MGSV. Skimpy as **** 'It's okay as she breathes through her skin' so...Why the option to give her a regular soldier uniform?
Well we have to be somewhat reasonable. There needs to be something to switch over to so we don't look like a failed pervert after all.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The consistent theme is that they're connected to Norse mythology though...
That doesn't really fly with me when many of the other Pokemon who've had forms and borrowed from a specific mythology shared more design cues with each other then Zygarde does with its forms. Kyurem for instance is a zombie ice dragon that's based on the concept of Wuji, but it doesn't jump from a dragon to a tiger and pretend it's because of that concept, it goes from a zombie dragon to two incomplete dragons that absorbed one aspect of Yin or Yang. So with that in mind, why couldn't Zygarde have had more traits shared between its forms other then just relying on a potential mythology that it may've used for inspiration? I don't see why it had to jump around that much between these forms when previous examples were much better about balancing out mythological inspiration and design concepts.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So it's games planned for the Nintendo 64 but never released on it?
Eternal Darkness, Project Dream, Dinosaur Planet, Kirby's Air Ride.
Too slow...
They all have one thing in common, they were originally planned for the N64 (or started development there then moved etc etc).
Yes! Good job. The last one was Mother 3!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Found this

Well, technically Zygarde is still genderless.

That's really neat though. I don't have any problems with the whole thing anyway, but I love when they work mythology and stuff in with Pokemon lore.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Found this

50%'s gotta be at least partially based on jormungandr if the other two have fenrir and hel elements

until this whole norse mythology thing is confirmed, though, i still seriously think it could be confirmation bias

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, Iwata wanted someone younger and Kimishima's appointment was rushed due to the holiday season? It makes me think Kimishima may not be president for that long, but as more of a provisional situation.

After all, Iwata's passing was sudden and there weren't many plans for a successor.

However, I do wonder if Iwata knew at one point he wasn't going to survive the illness and already had some vision for a successor to take his place...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, Iwata wanted someone younger and Kimishima's appointment was rushed due to the holiday season? It makes me think Kimishima may not be president for that long, but as more of a provisional situation.

After all, Iwata's passing was sudden and there weren't many plans for a successor.

However, I do wonder if Iwata knew at one point he wasn't going to survive the illness and already had some vision for a successor to take his place...
The fact that they also did rushed it for the holiday just makes me wonder if we would get a direct in something like October.

Because eith the job listing, we pretty much know there are still there so.....

It says that he was elected for a year, but I won't be surprised if we see him in directs anyway :)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Well, it was stated that Kimishima has been elected for one year.
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimis...artphone-and-ip-plans-develop-new-businesses/

Also that Kimishima wasn't Iwatas favorite 'choice'. That's some weird wording, as if Iwata knew this would happen >_>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The fact that they also did rushed it for the holiday just makes me wonder if we would get a direct in something like October.

Because eith the job listing, we pretty much know there are still there so.....

It says that he was elected for a year, but I won't be surprised if we see him in directs anyway :)
A Nintendo Direct in October seems likelier now. I wonder if Kimishima will be presenting it.

At least for Japan, since NA and Europe have Reggie and Shibata, who have presented several Directs before, though considering he has worked on Nintendo of America, I guess he has some fluency in English.

And there's always the option of him presenting in Japanese with subtitles in other languages. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Well, it was stated that Kimishima has been elected for one year.
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimis...artphone-and-ip-plans-develop-new-businesses/

Also that Kimishima wasn't Iwatas favorite 'choice'. That's some weird wording, as if Iwata knew this would happen >_>
As I've stated before, Iwata could have realized that he wasn't going to survive the illness, thus being necessary to find a successor.

D

Deleted member

@ MasterofMonster MasterofMonster don't feel down, this thread is one of the weirdest places I've ever seen, I doubt you would bother anyone.
Besides, you're always in a good mood and that is way better than the Geno discussions we usually have ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Something we missed! Core Zygarde AKA Larry is obtained in the game and you have to collect the cells to get a full Zygarde. I'm curious how they'll do this with the plot, very unique for Pokemon, especially as it's like a Zelda sidequest, long sidequest, obtain OP weapon

D

Deleted member

Something we missed! Core Zygarde AKA Larry is obtained in the game and you have to collect the cells to get a full Zygarde. I'm curious how they'll do this with the plot, very unique for Pokemon, especially as it's like a Zelda sidequest, long sidequest, obtain OP weapon
Consider this:
They're each 1% of Zygarde and you have to collect them throughout the game, either by doing sidequests or rrely alpearing as random encounters
#ExcusesForPokemonToGetGOODSidequests

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ MasterofMonster MasterofMonster don't feel down, this thread is one of the weirdest places I've ever seen, I doubt you would bother anyone.
Besides, you're always in a good mood and that is way better than the Geno discussions we usually have ;)
I guess that is true. Thank you kindly, Zoroarking. c: I will wear my tightest dress, just for you~

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Consider this:
They're each 1% of Zygarde and you have to collect them throughout the game, either by doing sidequests or rrely alpearing as random encounters
#ExcusesForPokemonToGetGOODSidequests
So, in order to get what I'm going to assume is a very broken Pokemon, I have to do a fetchquest? Great. Just, great...

D

Deleted member

It's just a theory, but I believe it based on the fact we already know what Megas are now, no need to hide.Besides, I was only pretending to be ********. WAIT
I don't remember putting that pic there...

On the subject of Pokemon
How did no one notice this before?
Screenshot_2015-09-14-11-53-30-1.png

Gary Mother****ing Oak

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm hoping for some kind of Smash announcement when the ballot ends...

This news drought is driving me slightly insane. All other DLC waves left with something to look forward too, unlike the latest wave.

Hopefully, this drought is a sign of good things to come. Though I wonder when will DLC end. It's like a time bomb waiting to explode.

Having Xenoblade and Bravely Default to play helps things anyway.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
On one hand, I'm all "Okay, this guy has a lot of experience with America, with running NoA and Pokémon USA for some tume, so maybe this could be a good thing, maybe build some stronger ties outside of Japan and stop the youtube claiming bull."

On the other hand... him not being the "Number 1 pick" is kinda worrysome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom