• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It flat out lists Britney Spears as a potential candidate.

It's not a serious article.

The idea of the track being "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" is so widespread that it's popular belief. People have been saying it since 2008, and the fact that the track was far more likely to be "Toadwood Forest" from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is seldom mentioned.

The dozens of people who've uploaded that remix on Youtube only served to complicate things. None of the removed tracks are present in the game anymore, other than a name and an empty file. That remix is 100% fake, as are any other supposedly unused tracks uploaded to Youtube that are claimed to have been ripped from the game.
Essentially this. It's more likely to be Toadwood Forest as it goes multi-grouped games first and then single entries if I remember correctly.

Hmm...I'm surprised no one has guessed the theme. Guess you guys are bored of the theme game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My :4miigun: amiibo has been shipped from Japan merely a day after paying.

Pushy why is your country so noice.

Hmm...I'm surprised no one has guessed the theme. Guess you guys are bored of the theme game.
If this one is not a Kirby's Air Ride reference then I give up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Essentially this. It's more likely to be Toadwood Forest as it goes multi-grouped games first and then single entries if I remember correctly.

GameCube games.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Smashified said the next character was hairy, maybe it really is Dixie.
Where do they say that?
its krystal....come on guys i figured that out instantly after only reading the hints in that post
Except another one of the hints basically says that it's not Krystal, so pls do not presume.
The Smashified could potentially be..........

Lanky Kong, as he's has a lot of blue and is hairy. He fits this perfectly.

It could also be Kumatora, or Globox.
The character is female.
...I'm going to be honest to the people that suggested this (not to be rude, at least not intending to sound like that), from that twitter link of a characters ***, how is GLOBOX an option from that?

Barbara would make for a better guess but even then I know it's not her.
The ass is for a future character (probably Bayonetta) not this current one.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is why I think every single fan poll is inaccurate. Why remove all the Krystal votes? What makes her different from Isaac, other than Isaac is popular here? Same thing happened with one of those reddit polls where people set up bots to vote for Daisy and King K.Rool. Everyone on Reddit was quick to toss out the Daisy support, but insisted K.Rool's vote count was fine. Because K.Rool was popular there, and Daisy wasn't.

Even if K.Rool is the most popular character everywhere, which I happen to think he is, the polls are still right for the wrong reasons by continuously polling the same insulated community that has been shown to spam votes for him over and over again. Even the most visible fan polls hardly return a fraction of the votes the official ballot has received, and while a good sample size for this kind of poll only needs to be a small fraction, usually between 3 and 5% to be accurate within a 5% margin of error, that only applies if the poll covers the entire voting base.

Poll 1000 voters from around the US about who they'll vote for President, you'll get not too terribly far off from a 50/50 Democrat/Republic split. Poll 1000 voters from around the US, but 700 of them are in California, and you'll wind up with insanely skewed Democratic results. And maybe this was 2012, where the Democratic candidate won. Does that mean the results were accurate? No, because they'd have been exactly the same in 2004, when the Republican won, because California always votes democrat, just like Reddit always votes K.Rool. I'd be quite interested to know whose popular in a poll that didn't include Reddit or Smashboards.

The polls never show us anything we don't already "know" because the results are manipulated to show what we think is true.
Pretty much. This is why, when I used to carry out my poll, I searched for several different sites instead of just having it exclusively be taken by Reddit or SmasBoards users.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Someone gave one of my Mario Maker stages a star! Finally! <3 They're hard to come by, apparently, I thought most of them were good, but only one star :'(

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
My :4miigun: amiibo has been shipped from Japan merely a day after paying.

Pushy why is your country so noice.

If this one is not a Kirby's Air Ride reference then I give up.
It's Kirby's Air Ride.

GameCube games.
Close. But there is a theme tying them all together :3.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Close. But there is a theme tying them all together :3.
GameCube games that received mixed reception?

Swampasaur Planet was obviously an allusion to Dinosaur Planet, that Rare game which turned into Star Fox Adventures, which had mixed reception.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and in other news mega greninja is definitly a thing
http://nintendoeverything.com/overviews-and-images-for-the-zygarde-forms-ash-greninja/

"Ash’s Greninja takes on a mysterious new appearance in the latest season! Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja’s appearance"
if that aint mega evolution i dont know what is

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
GameCube games that received mixed reception?

Swampasaur Planet was obviously an allusion to Dinosaur Planet, that Rare game which turned into Star Fox Adventures, which had mixed reception.
Nope! Make sure you look at the other titles:

Swampasaur Planet
Project Swamp
Eternal Swampasaur
Swamp's Air Ride

Last edited:

Chrono.

"Ash’s Greninja takes on a mysterious new appearance in the latest season! Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja’s appearance"
if that aint mega evolution i dont know what is
Plot Armor.

But seriously that does sound an awful lot like Mega Evolution, but as far as I know, Ash doesn't have a Keystone or a Greninjanite (if there is such a thing).

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't remember Pokemon Mega evolving through the bond between them and their trainers and changing their appearance to resemble their trainer. I doubt Ash Geninja is going to be in the games, and if it does then I want Venustoise to become a reality too.

Chrono.

I don't remember Pokemon Mega evolving through the bond between them and their trainers and changing their appearance to resemble their trainer. I doubt Ash Geninja is going to be in the games, and if it does then I want Venustoise to become a reality too.
Well Spiky Ear Pichu was a thing. Mega Evolution does depend on the bond with the trainer, as Sycamore pointed out in XY.

Another excerpt from the article points out that it might be tied to the Kalos war, which hints at this not really being an anime-only thing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nope! Make sure you look at the other titles:

Swampasaur Planet
Project Swamp
Eternal Swampasaur
Swamp's Air Ride
Eternal Swampasaur = Eternal Darkness, right? Go me for being a horror game fan :shades:

There's no GameCube games starting with the word "Project" though unless you mean Project Dolphin, the prototype/code name for the GC in early development.

Project M?

And yeah I'm still not sure what the connection is

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Eternal Swampasaur = Eternal Darkness, right? Go me for being a horror game fan :shades:

There's no GameCube games starting with the word "Project" though unless you mean Project Dolphin, the prototype/code name for the GC in early development.

Project M?

And yeah I'm still not sure what the connection is
Forgotten GameCube classics?
Never said it was Gamecube games. Just that it was close to the theme!

Yes to Eternal Darkness.
No, to Project M. It's a reference to a different game (maybe it's not that well known).

Last edited:

Chrono.

They all have one thing in common, they were originally planned for the N64 (or started development there then moved etc etc).

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm pretty sure in America it's just Kirby Air Ride, not Kirby's Air Ride.
In Japan it's Kirby's Airride.

I give it 0/10.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just hope the new CEO has a sense of humor. Iwata had a warmth about him even in his pictures.

The pictures of the new guy I've seen lack that warm approachable charm.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Giys its lgit
It was posted a few hours ago wich means its reel
:troll:
This is so bad xD. At least show the tagline and select screen.

And that Ash's greninja sounds a lot like a mega but I'm not fully convinced.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's still too early to judge Kimishima as Nintendo's new President.

I do think people shouldn't expect a personality like Iwata's from him. He'll likely do things his own way, but I've read they'll be following Iwata's footsteps for the time being. It wouldn't be a bad idea to finish whatever projects and desires Iwata had before his passing and only then move on into new things.

If he manages to have the same sense of humor without being forced, it would be nice, but I don't believe he should be imitating Iwata for the sake of doing so. He has experience and was CEO of NoA when Iwata was the global president, so he is not a bad pick. But he should be doing his job as he sees fit, not being a Iwata wannabe.

Whether the direction he gives to Nintendo will prove to be beneficial to the company and the consumers or not, it remains to be seen. For now, it's best to have an open mind and look forward to how things will go.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Reaction post for the newest polling data.

@Spazzy_D @ TheAnvil TheAnvil and Nantendo wrote their responses! So go check it out!

Not exactly sure the order, but here's a rough idea of some of the stuff we are working on...

A post written by Spazzy
An interview with ######!
A Dream Arena article (centered around an Earthbound stage!) written by Nantendo!
Translation explaining why Wonder Pink's trophy was updated
SG Choice #5
Melee website translation
An interview with ######!
Just kind of curious. Could you give us some sort of hint on who is getting interviewed?

Might as well be the first to start the guessing game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom