• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
He should have a great command of English, so I could see him doing both the Japanese and English directs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope this means that we get a direct soon.

This was publicized today, right?

Does that mean it was decided a while ago?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I wonder if Kimishima will take over as CEO of NoA, too, and hold both positions like Iwata before him, or if he'll place someone else in the position. He was the CEO of NoA before Iwata took over in 2013, so it's familiar territory for him, but it's stressful enough to run one company.

Soul.

Well, if he's been NoA's president before, I think we may be seeing them care about what the western fanbase wants, not just Japan. I do, obviously, wonder what ideas may pop up with Kimishima being the new president though

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
A question about Mario Maker; do the gameplay physics change in the themes to that of their respective games, or is there unified physics across all the themes? And if it's unified physics, which Mario game do the physics resemble most?

I'm currently on the fence of if I should get Mario Maker soon, and I'm more interested in playing levels than making them, so the physics are the most important aspect to me. I really dislike SMB1's "slippery space animal" physics, and I remember one of the Mario Maker presentations saying the game has SMB1 physics, so if that's the case, I'm going to hold off on getting it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A question about Mario Maker; do the gameplay physics change in the themes to that of their respective games, or is there unified physics across all the themes? And if it's unified physics, which Mario game do the physics resemble most?

I'm currently on the fence of if I should get Mario Maker soon, and I'm more interested in playing levels than making them, so the physics are the most important aspect to me. I really dislike SMB1's "slippery space animal" physics, and I remember one of the Mario Maker presentations saying the game has SMB1 physics, so if that's the case, I'm going to hold off on getting it.
You get different abilities and physics per game I think.

I know you can wall jump and ground pound in the NSMB levels and you can spin in the SMW levels.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@Zoroarking
I'm still here, just kept away cuz' I'm sorta in a depressed mood lately, and have not wanted to bother people with it.

But, I have been making a lot of Mario Maker Stages these past few days, so I felt like asking, if anyone here has the game, if anyone would want to try them? Took forever to make them, and I'd love great opinions about how they are. :)

Anyone want codes?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@Zoroarking
I'm still here, just kept away cuz' I'm sorta in a depressed mood lately, and have not wanted to bother people with it.

But, I have been making a lot of Mario Maker Stages these past few days, so I felt like asking, if anyone here has the game, if anyone would want to try them? Took forever to make them, and I'd love great opinions about how they are. :)

Anyone want codes?
Feel better, my friend.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero is running a contest for Mario Maker...you should check it out!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That Kimishima guy isn't as dynamic or resourceful as Iwata.

Bonus points if you're getting the Simpsons reference in my comment.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Kimishima has been Chairman of the Board for NoA for the last decade, and has lived in the US since 2002. He should have a good idea of what the western fanbase is like. I'm optimistic about this choice.
Yes, but hopefully he isn't to out of touch with the Japanese fanbase, while yeah Nintendo could do with working on its Western appeal, he still needs to understand his Japanes market as well. Also great new president at Nintendo. Hope he understands game development as much as Iwata did.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Feel better, my friend.

@ Neo Zero Neo Zero is running a contest for Mario Maker...you should check it out!
Thank you kindly, Pushy. I want to post more often, but part of me feels I am either always a bother or just never have anything noteworthy to say, so I always feel reluctant to post in forums.

Ah, and thank you, I must have missed that. :) I doubt I could win, but I entered a Course. Hope for some nice feedback.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Well I just got back from a long session of Xenoblade Chronicles just in time to see the news. Hopefully Nintendo's new President will be able to take the company to a new high point. Glad they picked someone with good experience.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Dat bootay tho.

Its Kumatora I tell you :smirk:
There's only one who's got an ass as glorious as that.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Interest news about the new CEO. Never heard of him til now.

Anyways I'm gonna be out of town for a few days, so I'll be absent for a bit.

no

just

no

The physics feels slightly different between each but it could be unified, but some like SMB1 does not resemble the original physics. NSMBU uses the NSMBU physics, so it might be the same across the whole game though, but its hard to tell since they're sprites outside of NSMBU so the perspective might be a bit skewed.

The abilities on the other hand are based on the game theme. So you get the basic gameplay style of SMB1 while SMW and NSMBU mode has the spin jump. NSMBU also gets the ground pound.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just hope for Mr. Kimishima to be able to keep Iwata's philosophy, and will be more effective to respond to players' wishes.

And also incidentally having much, much, much, much, MUCH less Zelda bias.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm just glad they've made their choice. I have great confidence in Nintendo and the Board.

A Western influence is a great option for the role.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Dat bootay tho.

EDIT BY PUSHDUSTIN: Please be careful, as this is borderline NSFW.
Not to sound like an, ahem, jerk, but this needs work. The anatomy is all wrong.

Trust me, I've modeled my fair share.

Ya'll know what's in here.
Ya'll looked anyway.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Not to sound like an, ahem, jerk, but this needs work. The anatomy is all wrong.

Trust me, I've modeled my fair share.

Ya'll know what's in here.
Ya'll looked anyway.
Vaan you really gotta get a professional job someday soon. Your work is way to good.

Chrono.

Smashified said the next character was hairy, maybe it really is Dixie.

EDIT: Forgot the blue hint, back to the drawing board

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Logic would suggest Krystal but then we're back to square one with the already had a character from same series hint.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

its krystal....come on guys i figured that out instantly after only reading the hints in that post

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Guys next Smashified is probably Ting Kong from DK64. After all she's from a series they've done before, she's wears blue and she's Hairy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom