• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just beat The Last Story.

Such a beautiful story. An amazing love story and just awesome overall.

On par with Xenoblade imo.

D

Deleted member

I've been awaken for almost 24 hours now
This is fine
This isn't fine I need help
Ignore him
Didn't the Minions movie stealthy say that the Minions were created after WWII to avoid saying they helped Hitler, but said they'd help the most evil person, meaning they'd help Hitler if they were around?
From what I understand with what's said around, they existed prior to WWII but went out of business for some time before it
They're like that boss that you know you hit it but the game says you didn't because **** inconsistent hitboxes

D

Deleted member

I'm not.....but we've had a few Yusei/Yugi moments

I can't trust a person that lies
Can you trust in a person that lies? If you can't, how can you trust yourself?
Or do you just have low self esteem
Anyways, lying is bad, stay in school and winners don't take drugs

Last edited by a moderator:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I can't trust a person that lies
Can you trust in a person that lies? If you can't, how can you trust yourself?
Or do you just have low self esteem
Anyways, lying is bad, stay in school and winners don't take drugs
You can trust me. Bridget and I are homies. I've been training him to be a burly burly man man. He now goes by bridge and wears pants......he kept the nun habit and shoes though. Baby steps.

D

Deleted member

You can trust me. Bridget and I are homies.
I can't trust you if you deliberately lie tho
Also
I've been training him to be a burly burly man man. He now goes by bridge and wears pants......he kept the nun habit and shoes though. Baby steps.
HOW COULD YOU!?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Didn't the Minions movie stealthy say that the Minions were created after WWII to avoid saying they helped Hitler, but said they'd help the most evil person, meaning they'd help Hitler if they were around?
No, they've been around since the jurrasic period, so as far as my head canon is concerned Minons helped Hitler in his villainous plan.

D

Deleted member

A Pwotagonist doesnt lie.

It's what he wanted.
[pulls Bridge close and pats head]
It's what we wanted
[roller skates into the distance]
You're a monster, did you know that?
did

did the minions kill the dinosaurs
But who was the evil master behind it that they helped?
I knew the government was hidong something from us, I just never expected it to be about dinosaurs

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Could you give an overall review? I've heard pretty much nothing
A review?

Uh...

Okay...

Let me give this a shot.

Story: The game is a tale of mercenaries who long to be knights to escape the poor and downtrodden life they live. On Lazulis Island (where the game takes place) mercenaries are seen as the lowest of the low as they do they job no one wants to do.) Our group consists of Zael, Yurrick, Dagran, Syrenne, Mirania and Lowell. Near the beginning of the story, Zael meets a mysterious woman whom he finds out is actually Lady Calista, the current count's niece. They want to be together but a war with a neighboring race, the Gurak, starts spirialing the plot into an emotional tornado. This along with the mysterious power of the Outsider that Zael finds early on left me guessing where it was going to go. I felt uplifted in some parts and actually disgusted in others. The plot works very well and the superb writing only compliments it. I laughed. I cried. It does everything well but I'll admit there is one plot twist that I felt was stupid. Still, overall it's a great love story.

Characters: But what good story would be good without a fun cast of characters? Let me just say. They work and work well. They are all likeable and they actually improve on their flaws. The relationships with each other change for the better. The greatest strength this game has is how the characters interact and evolve.

Gameplay: So it's kind of like Xenoblade in how it works. You attack automatically when you're near an enemy. You mostly play as Zael whom gets some special abilities that you unlock as you play. He can use Gale to zip around and dispel magic circles, run up a wall to attack from above and use Accelerate to give you and your party a speed boost. Most notably, he can use the power of the outsider to distract enemies. It's like Aggro from Xenoblade. The other members of your party have different roles, (Dagran and Syrenne are attackers meant to distract the enemy, while Lowell, Yurrick, Mirania and Calista attack with powerful magic, Calista and Mirania can heal too). Your job is to protect them and command them to use their abilities to the fullest. Here's a video so you can get an idea.

Outside of battle you walk around Lazulis City. You walk. Not much but it's really all you need.

It's a fun system with a surprising amount of strategy.

Graphics: It's a Wii game so it's not quite as pretty as it could be and there's some texture pop and the quality drops in some places. Limited by the hardware. The art is amazing though.

Performance: It runs well for the most part, but it definitely slows down at times. When too much stuff is going on, you will definitely see it. Off of the Wii, it would have been great.

Music: Listen to this.

This is the title theme.

THE MUSIC IS REALLY GOOD!

Other Things:
  • This game has a lot of detail thrown in. I can bump into people as I walk past them in the city for example. I can overhear conversations. Lots of neat little stuff. I personally love it
  • The game has a sharp difficulty spike at the end.
  • It's pretty linear. Not a bad thing and there are optional chapters and side quests to entertain yourself with.
  • There are points of no return. Lots. I loathe these in most games but it's bearable here. I guess. Still don't like them.
  • There is online multiplayer! I couldn't play it because Nintendo disable wifi for Wii games. Still I'm looking through the stuff and it looks pretty fun. If only I could try it.
  • THE GAME MAKES ME FEEL GOOD MAN!

I'd give it a "Pretty darn good, you should play it!"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A review?

Uh...

Okay...

Let me give this a shot.

Story: The game is a tale of mercenaries who long to be knights to escape the poor and downtrodden life they live. On Lazulis Island (where the game takes place) mercenaries are seen as the lowest of the low as they do they job no one wants to do.) Our group consists of Zael, Yurrick, Dagran, Syrenne, Mirania and Lowell. Near the beginning of the story, Zael meets a mysterious woman whom he finds out is actually Lady Calista, the current count's niece. They want to be together but a war with a neighboring race, the Gurak, starts spirialing the plot into an emotional tornado. This along with the mysterious power of the Outsider that Zael finds early on left me guessing where it was going to go. I felt uplifted in some parts and actually disgusted in others. The plot works very well and the superb writing only compliments it. I laughed. I cried. It does everything well but I'll admit there is one plot twist that I felt was stupid. Still, overall it's a great love story.

Characters: But what good story would be good without a fun cast of characters? Let me just say. They work and work well. They are all likeable and they actually improve on their flaws. The relationships with each other change for the better. The greatest strength this game has is how the characters interact and evolve.

Gameplay: So it's kind of like Xenoblade in how it works. You attack automatically when you're near an enemy. You mostly play as Zael whom gets some special abilities that you unlock as you play. He can use Gale to zip around and dispel magic circles, run up a wall to attack from above and use Accelerate to give you and your party a speed boost. Most notably, he can use the power of the outsider to distract enemies. It's like Aggro from Xenoblade. The other members of your party have different roles, (Dagran and Syrenne are attackers meant to distract the enemy, while Lowell, Yurrick, Mirania and Calista attack with powerful magic, Calista and Mirania can heal too). Your job is to protect them and command them to use their abilities to the fullest. Here's a video so you can get an idea.

Outside of battle you walk around Lazulis City. You walk. Not much but it's really all you need.

It's a fun system with a surprising amount of strategy.

Graphics: It's a Wii game so it's not quite as pretty as it could be and there's some texture pop and the quality drops in some places. Limited by the hardware. The art is amazing though.

Performance: It runs well for the most part, but it definitely slows down at times. When too much stuff is going on, you will definitely see it. Off of the Wii, it would have been great.

Music: Listen to this.

This is the title theme.

THE MUSIC IS REALLY GOOD!

Other Things:
  • This game has a lot of detail thrown in. I can bump into people as I walk past them in the city for example. I can overhear conversations. Lots of neat little stuff. I personally love it
  • The game has a sharp difficulty spike at the end.
  • It's pretty linear. Not a bad thing and there are optional chapters and side quests to entertain yourself with.
  • There are points of no return. Lots. I loathe these in most games but it's bearable here. I guess. Still don't like them.
  • There is online multiplayer! I couldn't play it because Nintendo disable wifi for Wii games. Still I'm looking through the stuff and it looks pretty fun. If only I could try it.
  • THE GAME MAKES ME FEEL GOOD MAN!

I'd give it a "Pretty darn good, you should play it!"
You're good at this. I think you should do this every time you beat a game from now. Unless you don't want to of course

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're good at this. I think you should do this every time you beat a game from now. Unless you don't want to of course
Eh. I'd only do it for stuff I feel people don't know about.

For everyone, do you like the sound of the game? Did I change your mind maybe? Any questions about it?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I dunno if you care, but a new disc of The Last story usually runs around or under $30. I've seen a few places that sold it lower.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno if you care, but a new disc of The Last story usually runs around or under $30. I've seen a few places that sold it lower.
It's not well known like Xenoblade, so finding it should be easy.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
We're talking about the glory that is The Last Story?

That game was great, second best Wii RPG

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So yeah, as you can see, Parappa won. Say hello to Swamp Swamp Master Onion. If you haven't checked out Parappa, give it a shot.

Also...

http://strawpoll.me/5484650

I regret it already.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hm...

So what does this mean?

Who is this guy exactly?
Has this guy made any games? Never heard of him
He was the president of NoA from 2002 - 2006 soooo....

Edit: credited in MP 5 - 8, Mario Advanced Golf and Toadstool Tour and Metroid Prime and in other various Wario and Metroid games.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw screw it.

I'm gonna ignore the stupid poll.

Just gonna grind a bit on Hyrule Warriors tomorrow and then do DKC2.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He was the president of NoA from 2002 - 2006 soooo....

Edit: credited in MP 5 - 8, Mario Advanced Golf and Toadstool Tour and Metroid Prime and in other various Wario and Metroid games.
Oh...

I like the track record.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Kimishima has been Chairman of the Board for NoA for the last decade, and has lived in the US since 2002. He should have a good idea of what the western fanbase is like. I'm optimistic about this choice.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
A new president of Nintendo in JP, huh. Okay, cool. I can't wait to see what he has as far as directs. This is gonna be so exciting. If there are any directs still existing that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom