• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also I kinda love how returning fighters are more hyped in fighters but nobody cares a lot about newcomers

Smash is straight opposite where the returning veterans don't mean jack to anyone except fans of that character where it's always like 'meh'
I think it's because for the most part with Smash, returning fighters are just kind of expected. We all know who they'll be because everyone has a ''safe" aura.

Outside of a majority of the SF 2 cast (and most of all Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Bison, and Chun Li) you just don't know when and what mix of returning fighters will comprise a Street Fighter game.

So that's very exciting. It makes you wonder which returning favorite will be in this installment.

With Smash, you pretty much get everyone back, baring some kind of difficulty that prevented their return.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think it's because for the most part with Smash, returning fighters are just kind of expected. We all know who they'll be because everyone has a ''safe" aura.

Outside of a majority of the SF 2 cast (in particular Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Bison, and Chun Li) you just don't know when and what mix of returning fighters will comprise a Street Fighter game.

So that's very exciting. It makes you wonder which returning favorite will be in this installment.

With Smash, you pretty much get everyone back, baring some kind of difficult that prevented their return.
In a sense, that same can happen for Smash if the next game went drastically in roster change with a crapton of characters getting axe and then won't return until DLC sometime. I know the issue but I would actually be more hyped over returning vets next Smash games since all the newcomers I want were in this game sans 3 (Dixie, Andy/Sami and Simon Belmont).

That and I just wanna see the stupid cuts. (All of a sudden Bowser Jr, Greninja and one of the retro characters get cut) so I can have a reason to complain :smirk:

Unless you're Mewtwo.
Or Lucas

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's pretty much any character that was cut gets demanded suddenly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I honestly wouldn't mind Pichu back, I would just prefer other vets over him. Still like him better than Young Link, and the roster could always use a Pikachu clone.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I would say that Rashid is better than all of the SF4 newcomers but then Jolyne Juri exist. Abel is nice. Everyone else can go away.

Rashid is the man though. I just want my boxer expy.

ALL BETS ON LAURA BEING BALROG'S ADOPTED DAUGHTER/APPRENTICE.
B-b-but....Hakan....

I do agree with Rashid, though. He not only looks fun, but he seems like a pretty nice guy.

Concerning Laura....I thought that was Ken's Daughter's name. I mean it could just be another Laura, but who knows at this point.

Chrono.

B-b-but....Hakan....

I do agree with Rashid, though. He not only looks fun, but he seems like a pretty nice guy.

Concerning Laura....I thought that was Ken's Daughter's name. I mean it could just be another Laura, but who knows at this point.
Nah he has a son called Mel.

Speaking of him, I'd kinda like to see if he's grown up to be a fighter like his dad, maybe a teenaged Mel for SFV DLC?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
B-b-but....Hakan....

Ken doesn't have a daughter. He has a son

And his name is Mel and by SF3 he's like 6 or 7 years old

kylexv

Smash Master

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Can I share a thing I made for the Crash support campaign here? I just posted on his support thread too, but since there is kinda dead (for now, .. but I hope to change this in short term) I'd like to see what you guys think and talk about your thoughts on the character.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
May I interest you in a fox flavored pizza? Or is the star bit pizza more up your ally?
:awesome:
Do you just have some sort of Wolf related meme or response set up for anything?

Like is there something you've made in in the instance that the Pope dies in Nintendo headquarters because he forgot to chew his beef jerky they gave him on the tour?

Is there a Wolf response or meme for something that specific?

Inquiring minds must know. Because you have such an incredibly uncanny ability to relate everything back to Wolf.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want Sean to come back in HD.

Mostly because he's the most beautiful male shoto.

Gorgeous cartoon man is gorgeous.

It's his time to be gorgeous in HD.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Do you just have some sort of Wolf related meme or response set up for anything?

Like is there something you've made in in the instance that the Pope dies in Nintendo headquarters because he forgot to chew his beef jerky they gave him on the tour?

Inquiring minds must know. Because you have such an incredibly uncanny ability to relate everything back to Wolf.
I honestly looked up "Pope Nintendo" to see if the Pope is actually going on a tour of the Nintendo HQ in Japan and I just didn't know.

To my dissapointment, he's not.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So for the sake of asking...
Has Sakurai ever commented on Brawl's "Missing Tracks"? Particularly the "Beware The Forest Mushrooms" remix and the like.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So for the sake of asking...
Has Sakurai ever commented on Brawl's "Missing Tracks"? Particularly the "Beware The Forest Mushrooms" remix and the like.
The Beware the Mushroom Forest thing was confirmed fake. I forgot who said it but @ PushDustIn PushDustIn can back me up on that

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman

They made that back on the Wolf thread months ago. I just can't remember why.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, I mean, I was saying it more as a shortening of "I get people think they're funny".
Yeah personally I think they wore out their welcome really fast.
Well really just the moment they announced a movie about them.
I had to see the movie because my little brother and sister wanted to see it, and admittedley, there was one joke that got a chuckle out of me. There was a big billboard for **** Nixon's presidential campaign and it said "Finally a name you can trust."

Even then, that's a political joke, and not even a joke about the Minions themselves.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Pokémon uploaded an English version!

12 days late on purpose, that's how meta this joke is.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly I'm not surprised as the Minions are basically the stars of the franchise. To anyone else in Hollywood, Despicable Me was only a pitch for the true celebrities.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Pokémon uploaded an English version!

12 days late on purpose, that's how meta this joke is.
"What word starts with S and ends with E?"

"Sunstroke."

That was amazing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly I'm not surprised as the Minions are basically the stars of the franchise. To anyone else in Hollywood, Despicable Me was only a pitch for the true celebrities.
And that's too bad. I haven't finished either movie (I hardly ever do unless it's really important to me) but I liked the main character a lot more than his minions.
On top of that, the minions are funny because they provided mindless stupid comic relief...which played off their creator very well.
By themselves, it's just...dumb. And pointless.
Of course I'm a fraud. I'd laugh at the Minions movie probably. But I would hate myself for it...
/rant

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people feel bad because you laugh at family friendly comedies?

Ya'll got some growing up to do.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I have such a hard time watching comedies for some reason. I'm more of a social drama/psychological thriller kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom