• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I have a hard time watching movies in general, unless it interests me or I'm in the theater.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Nah he has a son called Mel.

Speaking of him, I'd kinda like to see if he's grown up to be a fighter like his dad, maybe a teenaged Mel for SFV DLC?
Ken doesn't have a daughter. He has a son

And his name is Mel and by SF3 he's like 6 or 7 years old

Huh....I wonder who I'm thinking of. Ah, well. Carry on then. Nothing here but a delusional, but very sexy, man.

EDIT: I think I remember now. C.Viper has a daughter named Lauren, not Laura.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Still kinda meh about Ken's SF5 design.

From this:

To this:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Still kinda meh about Ken's SF5 design.

From this:

To this:

Yeah, but my concern about his design is not even the modeling (principally the face, is worth mentioning).. but his Red Gi is way too iconic to get rid this way (well, at least Capcom confirmed 'classic' costumes for the release).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You people feel bad because you laugh at family friendly comedies?

Ya'll got some growing up to do.
No, no, no.
I feel bad because I laughed at minions.
They're now the definition of "cash cow with no creative integrity".
Then people use them as memes that aren't even memes and don't have an actual joke.

image.jpg

What does this even mean? It's just a minion next to some text that is seemingly by some idiot mocking the obese, who can't do a push-up and eat too much junk food. And what does the minion have to do with that anyway? It's not even a joke. It's just words.

I apologize. I just have a very passionate hatred for these little yellow abominations. They're the worst thing mankind has produced since the atomic bomb and Johnny Test.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
They might fix his face, I mean the game is still in development and Cammy got a recent facelift as well.
Maximilian (Dood) pointed in a video that in a more recent build Ken's face looks slightly different. (but not too much better)

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
They might fix his face, I mean the game is still in development and Cammy got a recent facelift as well.
Ah, I didn't know that. Hopefully that's the case then, because it's mostly the face that bothers me. Though the clay hair is also a bit weird.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Ah, I didn't know that. Hopefully that's the case then, because it's mostly the face that bothers me. Though the clay hair is also a bit weird.
yeah the hair bugs me a lot more than any other design element there

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ken's face is what bugs me about his Street Fighter 5 look. It's like he got a horrible nose job.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Street Fighter V though, I didn't realize it got posted until recently, but Ryu's SFV theme is amazingly kickass. And that's only the rough-cut preview version.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yeah, but my concern about his design is not even the modeling (principally the face, is worth mentioning).. but his Red Gi is way too iconic to get rid this way (well, at least Capcom confirmed 'classic' costumes for the release).
Yeah, he's worn that red gi for nearly 30 years. Him not wearing it anymore just doesn't seem right... Also his hair is dumb and he has an ugly face.

Chrono.

Speaking of Street Fighter V though, I didn't realize it got posted until recently, but Ryu's SFV theme is amazingly kickass. And that's only the rough-cut preview version.
SFV's songs so far sound pretty darn great!

I really hope we have an option to switch between the stage themes and character themes because I still can't believe IV never implemented that option, especially when it's characters remixes were miles better than the stage themes (imo)!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, he's worn that red gi for nearly 30 years. Him not wearing it anymore just doesn't seem right... Also his hair is dumb and he has an ugly face.
Yeah, honestly I prefer the SFIV's He-Man version of Ken which wears a red gi and also has a weird face than the current SFV design without his iconic clothing.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Design wise SF3 Ken is by far my favorite, but his moveset in SF5 is cool as hell.

D

Deleted member

Check out Ken's also, his is my favorite so far. same guy uploaded Ryu, Ken, Bison, and Nash

Yeah, honestly I prefer the SFIV's He-Man version of Ken which wears a red gi and also has a weird face than the current SFV design without his iconic clothing.
I love what they did with Ken's design, all it was before was a red gi, which didn't separate him much from Ryu, this new outfit looks pretty Americanized and fits with his new play style

Khoru

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly, aren't the two games made by the same team? So if so it's not that out of the ballpark.
yeah i don't doubt its veracity
it's just
why

wrestler wario makes me so uncomfortable. it's the best and worst thing i've ever seen.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Gah, they need to announce an English release of the Best+ already; waiting this long trying not to spoil stuff for myself is brutal.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
it's just
why

wrestler wario makes me so uncomfortable. it's the best and worst thing i've ever seen.
What do you mean? Wrestler Wario is the greatest being in existence.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
>Dixie Kong's popularity dropped

At this point I'm breaking down here. I failed you Dixie. I failed you everyone. I've should done more.
EDIT BY PUSHDUSTIN: I'm sorry :(. Also, your image was too big. I'm double sorry for delivering bad news.
Im so sorry i coulden't resist.

I really did hope dixie could have made it but its looking bad for her :(.)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just uploaded my first level to mario maker! It took me 2 days to make and test. Anyone want to try it and give feedback? It's fairly hard though so be warned. It does have two secret exists though. Here's the code:

8574-0000-0034-B61B.

It's called Flight of the Charziard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it possible to make an Super Mario Maker level at the same style of "Automatic Mario"?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
it's just
why

I love it!

D

Deleted member

Wrestler Mario?

You mean a Wrestler costume in Super Mario Maker as free DLC or something?

EDIT: nevermind, i think you meant Mario in Super Mario Spikers (a cancelled spin-off by the guys who made Mario Strikers)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, no, no.
I feel bad because I laughed at minions.
They're now the definition of "cash cow with no creative integrity".
Then people use them as memes that aren't even memes and don't have an actual joke.

View attachment 73270

What does this even mean? It's just a minion next to some text that is seemingly by some idiot mocking the obese, who can't do a push-up and eat too much junk food. And what does the minion have to do with that anyway? It's not even a joke. It's just words.

I apologize. I just have a very passionate hatred for these little yellow abominations. They're the worst thing mankind has produced since the atomic bomb and Johnny Test.
I work at a store so I see dumb ****s fall for it. Every Minion article outside of oreos are much more expensive and I saw a kid with a Minion hoodie and a Minion backpack yelling 'GRANDMA, LOOK! MINION COOKIES!' to which the grandma said no because she's tired of that ****. Hell, another kid put that **** in the trolley, the mother put it back and the kid went hopping mad before running into my stationary trolley and bawling his eyes out

What do you mean? Wrestler Wario is the greatest being in existence.
Khoru's a lesbian so she's not going to agree on that, Wario isn't a reverse Bridget, she won't go straight for him

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
"Ganon and his minions have siezed the island of Koridie."

Ganon represents Hollywood, Koridie is the west world. CD-I predicted this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I work at a store so I see dumb ****s fall for it. Every Minion article outside of oreos are much more expensive and I saw a kid with a Minion hoodie and a Minion backpack yelling 'GRANDMA, LOOK! MINION COOKIES!' to which the grandma said no because she's tired of that ****. Hell, another kid put that **** in the trolley, the mother put it back and the kid went hopping mad before running into my stationary trolley and bawling his eyes out

Khoru's a lesbian so she's not going to agree on that, Wario isn't a reverse Bridget, she won't go straight for him
"Grandma, look, Minions"
"Getting real tired of your ****, son"
also, did someone say Bridget?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm so lucky to be in Japan...I don't get the minion hype.

Well, here's my theory:

Minions are almost void of personality. They are the stereotypical - small, cute, quirky and a lot of them (See Raving Rabbids). They have slightly different looks so people can fill their lack of personality with whatever one appeals to them most.

That's why we have those Facebook posts with Minions and random text.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
YOU LUCKY ******* YOU DON'T SEE THE HORROR THAT IS GOOD MARKETING
"Grandma, look, Minions"
"Getting real tired of your ****, son"
also, did someone say Bridget?
It doesn't help that they usually start crying when parents and such say no

EVERYONE'S GAY FOR BRIDGET!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well, here's my theory:

Minions are almost void of personality. They are the stereotypical - small, cute, quirky and a lot of them (See Raving Rabbids). They have slightly different looks so people can fill their lack of personality with whatever one appeals to them most.

That's why we have those Facebook posts with Minions and random text.
Actually, it's easier than that: They're a marketing tool. They were a comedic foil in the first two movies, which obviously kids latched on to. And it all went downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom