• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey guys, I'm home from a 2 day sleepover. How's everyone? And did you see Dust's poll? Paper Mario will LIVE.
it;s funny how you are lately the only one except me that constantly reference him :)

Anyway, I did a pretty big post on his support thread explaining that basically, I don;t question any more on his consistency as I did before. It's like super consistent, top 10 and stays there forever.

tbh, it was kinda expected considering the tentative data that push did, but lol on being at THE EXACT SAME position and even being tied for 3 characters to be KINDA top 10 :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I'm going to assume that one of the new SF characters is going to be officially revealed in TGS, as well as gameplay of Toon Link in HWL. Apart from that I don't expect much.

Chrono.

I wonder if Capcom plan on showing up on NYCC with a certain blond bandana-wearing brawler

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I didn't kill him because I got spoilered a little when I tried to look up to when I was going to kick his ***
I was pissed he made it out alive after your fight with him but when I found out what his motives were, I decided to forgive him
"Killing you won't bring Cyrus back"
This cliche line has never been used so perfectly before
And also because I had just lost Crono and the other three were lecels behind Frog and Robo
[Remembers he has a Chrono Trigger save file]
I remember that. I can be a softie at times so I spared him and he joined. Plus theres that one spoiler that explains his motives. I remember doing a few chapters after that and then just stopping. I think I had finals or something but I forgot to go back. That was at least 4 years ago.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still waiting for my HD Rufus. They could give him Dead or Alive jiggle physics and everything! :bee:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Still waiting for my HD Rufus. They could give him Dead or Alive jiggle physics and everything! :bee:
I have no love for Rufus. Dealing with him in vanilla was a nightmare and his personality is just as frustrating to me....
Rashid's little toe interest me more than Rufus.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not cool man.

But of course if this was King K rool you guys would eat it up :awesome:

Are only "hardcore" people allowed to vote on the ballot or something? What a joke.
I agree with your point but...

Krystal is pretty hardcore....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still waiting for Dhalsim. Come on, Dhalsim...

I'd love for Guile to be in, but I think he's out of the starting sixteen. Gotta hope for DLC there.

Chrono.

I'm still waiting for Dhalsim. Come on, Dhalsim...

I'd love for Guile to be in, but I think he's out of the starting sixteen. Gotta hope for DLC there.
I don't see Dhalsim unless they change him up a lot, since they're trying to stay away from defensive characters and this game's mechanics don't favor him at all.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I agree with your point but...

Krystal is pretty hardcore....
Not really.

Most people in these types of sites go for these characters as follows. (and i lurk around any smash related topic anywhere when i have the time)

King K Rool.
Dixie.
Paper Mario.
Inkling
Bandanna Dee.
Snake
Wolf

Outside in causal places like Tumblr, Daisy and Krystal are more prevalent.

You mention krystal here? You get told to **** off, go away furry no one likes your **** character!

Not hardcore in the slightest, unless you mean its hardcore to hate.

In fact, any character that is NOT one of these gets hate spewed all over them, hell even in the official DLC thread i just saw a NEVER EVER on bayonetta, like wtf guys?

Also to the people complaining, i've seen the same for daisy. If you vote i'll do X especially on 4chan, it fell flat its face though. Not really my fault if a YT celeb supports a character, you guys gonna get mad that ZeRo and EE want her too? Casuals vote too guys, and they'll be done with the game in a month tops. It always happens.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hell, even the less popular 4 newcomers are interesting.

Fuerte has the kooky bonus of being a chef on top of a luchador.

The Turkish oil wrestling was a very interesting thing to bring in through Hakan.

And while she's not technically a new character, Poison, added a transwoman to the ladies roster.

4 did good.

I like Rashid, but Necalli is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In fact, any character that is NOT one of these gets hate spewed all over them, hell even in the official DLC thread i just saw a NEVER EVER on bayonetta, like wtf guys?
Hell, even if it was one of the more popular characters you'll get hate on. It's just how speculation goes. I've seen it in almost every thread there is: The social threads (including this one); character discussion threads regardless of if they're irrelevant to the subject; even in places that are as casual as it gets.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hell, even the less popular 4 newcomers are interesting.

Fuerte has the kooky bonus of being a chef on top of a luchador.

The Turkish oil wrestling was a very interesting thing to bring in through Hakan.

And while she's not technically a new character, Poison, added a transwoman to the ladies roster.

4 did good. I like Rashid, but Necalli is yet to be seen.
You left out Abel, Seth and Decapre, which shows how forgettable they are.

The rest were alright but other than Juri and Decapre, they never clicked with me. (Well I do like Poison but I don't consider her a newcomer)

Oni was also pretty boring despite being a full Satsui-no-Hado Akuma, hope he gets expanded on later.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think this was posted here a few days ago, but after friday's reveal this leak got a little more concrete for Street Fighter since it contains Rashid

Glad Zangief is basically confirmed now.

Vega and Necalli are missing from this list, it's fake man.
..How? They put Rashid on there. They knew about Rashid. And they never said these are ALL the characters.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't call a character forgettable just because I left them out.

I just didn't mention them. And considering I listed quite a majority of the newcomers in 4, I think that's a pretty good track record.

I just find it hilarious that 5 when it hits base game will have 4 newcomers and we only know 2 of them and you all are already giving it more praise than 4 who actually did create quite a mostly unique and awesome cast of new faces for Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not really.

Most people in these types of sites go for these characters as follows. (and i lurk around any smash related topic anywhere when i have the time)

King K Rool.
Dixie.
Paper Mario.
Inkling
Bandanna Dee.
Snake
Wolf

Outside in causal places like Tumblr, Daisy and Krystal are more prevalent.

You mention krystal here? You get told to **** off, go away furry no one likes your **** character!

Not hardcore in the slightest, unless you mean its hardcore to hate.

Also to the people complaining, i've seen the same for daisy. If you vote i'll do X especially on 4chan, it fell flat its face though. Not really my fault if a YT celeb supports a character, you guys gonna get mad that ZeRo and EE want her too? Casuals vote too guys, and they'll be done with the game in a month tops. It always happens.
But... we weren't getting on the person's case for supporting or wanting Krystal.

We were getting on the person's case because they promised stuff if they did. which is kind of scummy.

That aside, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure has the right to make the comment considering all he said was that he didn't like her, even if its very crass.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While I'm grasping straws here, Necalli could be that "New Boss" he's referring to. Also, notice how Ryu, Chun Li, and Bison are also not on the list. So this could basically just be a list of unrevealed characters (at least at the time), rather than the entire roster.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
But... we weren't getting on the person's case for supporting or wanting Krystal.

We were getting on the person's case because they promised stuff if they did. which is kind of scummy.

That aside, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure has the right to make the comment, even if its very crass.
Like I said, this isn't new. I've seen stuff like this for daisy and other characters. This time it just so happens that someone with high influence is doing it this time. What are we gonna do? Yeah its low, but its still allowed.

If King K Rool, or any other character that was favored got that same type of treatment, i'd probably see "well good, more support!" :) and stuff like that.

I respect you as always swamp, but I just felt i needed to say something over the matter. @vaanrose put it quite nicely to be honest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact that it was posted 3 months ago, before Ken, R. Mika, or Rashid (how could you even predict him by name) were confirmed, tells me that there is some truth to this, The list could contain characters that are planned for release shortly after the game releases, we have no idea right now how Capcom is planning on rolling out characters

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah, sorry about that, I was a little angry when I posted that.
I would actually like Krystal XD
Np, man.

I just wish the hate would go away, like for every character.

I've been seeing too much hive mind, clique stuff and i wish it would stop. But it is what it is.

Chrono.

..How? They put Rashid on there. They knew about Rashid. And they never said these are ALL the characters.
Because Capcom already pointed out how the roster will only have 16 characters at launch, this list is 20 characters if you add the already confirmed characters that are missing from the list.

Rashid, Zen and Laura were names leaked by Ken Bogard and every other fake leak after his added those characters with "new boss" as well, yet missed out Vega and Necalli (who likely isn't the final boss).

Juri's also on the list and there's no room for her Sim, Gief, Alex, Urien AND Karin (right now there's only room for Zen, Laura and 3 returning characters)

Basically every text leak before this one piggybacked off Ken's leak(who claimed that didn't even know the roster bar those 3 newcomers).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But seriously, you know what character support group is really chill and non-combative?

Chibi-Robo supporters. Seriously, have you ever seen someone get really angry or aggressive when discussing Chibi-Robo? And like, barely anyone's fully outright against him either.

I mean I love Chibi-Robo. He could even have an awesome "turret based" (no clue how else to put it) playstyle.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would say that Rashid is better than all of the SF4 newcomers but then Jolyne Juri exist. Abel is nice. Everyone else can go away.

Rashid is the man though. I just want my boxer expy.

ALL BETS ON LAURA BEING BALROG'S ADOPTED DAUGHTER/APPRENTICE.

While I'm grasping straws here, Necalli could be that "New Boss" he's referring to. Also, notice how Ryu, Chun Li, and Bison are also not on the list. So this could basically just be a list of unrevealed characters (at least at the time), rather than the entire roster.
At this point I still expect Zangief since he's a popular SF character. Sakura, Balrog and Juri are the only ones that can hold footing for returning from SF4.

I'm expecting Guile, Guy, Blanka, Karin, Sean, Q, Urien, Guy/Cody, Dhalsim, Rose, Ibuki and even Sodom to come back. Ingrid has a shot as well.

I do want some of the SF1 characters get resurrected and more Final Fight characters like Eagle, Maki, Retsu and finally the Mayor of Metro City (and Earth).

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Rashid is already better than pretty much all the SF4 newcomers.
I like his moveset a lot, and I really like that Capcom worked with their middle eastern publisher on his design because they knew the culture. That makes a lot of sense, and it's really awesome that Capcom set out to do it right.

But he looks kinda like a Tekken character to me. Not feeling it the design. It's not bad at all, just not Street Fightery enough IMO.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also I kinda love how returning fighters are more hyped in fighters but nobody cares a lot about newcomers

Smash is straight opposite where the returning veterans don't mean jack to anyone except fans of that character where it's always like 'meh'

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I would say that Rashid is better than all of the SF4 newcomers but then Jolyne Juri exist. Abel is nice. Everyone else can go away.

Rashid is the man though. I just want my boxer expy.

ALL BETS ON LAURA BEING BALROG'S ADOPTED DAUGHTER/APPRENTICE.

At this point I still expect Zangief since he's a popular SF character. Sakura, Balrog and Juri are the only ones that can hold footing for returning from SF4.

I'm expecting Guile, Guy, Blanka, Karin, Sean, Q, Urien, Guy/Cody, Dhalsim, Rose, Ibuki and even Sodom to come back. Ingrid has a shot as well.

I do want some of the SF1 characters get resurrected and more Final Fight characters like Eagle, Maki, Retsu and finally the Mayor of Metro City (and Earth).
Wasn't it said at some point that she was a divekick character?

Chrono.

Also I kinda love how returning fighters are more hyped in fighters but nobody cares a lot about newcomers

Smash is straight opposite where the returning veterans don't mean jack to anyone except fans of that character where it's always like 'meh'
Unless you're Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom