• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Guys next Smashified is probably Ting Kong from DK64. After all she's from a series they've done before, she's wears blue and she's Hairy
Y'know, this is pretty reasonable but I could see lots of rage/salt because
  • She's not Dixie
  • If we go by the tease, then they seem to be using her teenaged redesign, which is divisive enough as it is
The butt really doesn't look like it'd be Tiny's though.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Not to sound like an, ahem, jerk, but this needs work. The anatomy is all wrong.

Trust me, I've modeled my fair share.

Ya'll know what's in here.
Ya'll looked anyway.
...For some reason I was expecting Mega Mewtwo Y.
Didn't you teach 3D classes once?

And I think I see some of Brawl Snake's equipment on there.
upload_2015-9-14_3-53-58.png

Guys next Smashified is probably Ting Kong from DK64. After all she's from a series they've done before, she's wears blue and she's Hairy
"Ting Kong"

---

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ah, right. The hint on the website just says "The color blue," but the original tweet states that there's "a good amount of blue in the palette." He also misspelled palette as "pallete"...

Last edited:

Chrono.

I kinda want to point out how they said its a supporting character.

No matter you slice it, Dixie has been the lead protagonist at one point.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I guess it could be Kumatora from Mother 3, but she doesn't seem requested at all. Unless I'm missing something...

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dixie is the lead protagonist in one game. She is not the lead protagonist of the series. I honestly doubt that hint is meant to discount her.

Chrono.

I guess it could be Kumatora from Mother 3, but she doesn't seem requested at all. Unless I'm missing something...
The hints seem to match up with Tiny Kong so far, who is even less requested so idk anymore. (There's probably something were missing lol)
Dixie is the lead protagonist in one game. She is not the lead protagonist of the series. I honestly doubt that hint is meant to discount her.
Maybe not, I was just pointing it out is all. The blue one is the one that hurts her the most anyhow.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
A question about Mario Maker; do the gameplay physics change in the themes to that of their respective games, or is there unified physics across all the themes? And if it's unified physics, which Mario game do the physics resemble most?

I'm currently on the fence of if I should get Mario Maker soon, and I'm more interested in playing levels than making them, so the physics are the most important aspect to me. I really dislike SMB1's "slippery space animal" physics, and I remember one of the Mario Maker presentations saying the game has SMB1 physics, so if that's the case, I'm going to hold off on getting it.
I don't know why people keep bringing up how slippery the SMB1 physics in Mario Maker are, because as someone who's probably played more SMB Deluxe / Lost Levels than 99% of the people in this thread, they're absolutely not the same as the original game's physics. I'm pretty dang sure that they all use the NSMB series physics as a base, as the others feel a little inconsistent (especially SMB1). For one, you aren't normally able to run over one-block gaps (without holding a jump button) or pull off the "unlimited 1-ups" stairs trick in SMW, and more obviously, you can't bounce high off of enemies in SMB1.

My experience playing the original SMB1 has come back to bite me a lot too, since its physics are pretty similar to NSMB's, but with about half the horizontal acceleration during any action; I've died a ton in SMM by trying to do what would have been a minor midair correction in the original, but sends me careening backwards in Maker.

So no, I'm positive that SMM unfortunately doesn't use proper SMB1 physics. Though I'm fine with them not having been used in any games since SMB1, not having them in SMM is pretty disappointing. IMO, they were fine in the original; it's not like they've ever been the sole responsibility for a death (and personally, I think the extra committal required for jumps in Lost Levels is what makes it the Lost Levels).

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Not to sound like an, ahem, jerk, but this needs work. The anatomy is all wrong.

Ya'll looked anyway.
Incredible work and impressive attention to detail with texture! What program do you use, Maya?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I don't know why people keep bringing up how slippery the SMB1 physics in Mario Maker are, because as someone who's probably played more SMB Deluxe / Lost Levels than 99% of the people in this thread, they're absolutely not the same as the original game's physics. I'm pretty dang sure that they all use the NSMB series physics as a base, as the others feel a little inconsistent (especially SMB1). For one, you aren't normally able to run over one-block gaps (without holding a jump button) or pull off the "unlimited 1-ups" stairs trick in SMW, and more obviously, you can't bounce high off of enemies in SMB1.

My experience playing the original SMB1 has come back to bite me a lot too, since its physics are pretty similar to NSMB's, but with about half the horizontal acceleration during any action; I've died a ton in SMM by trying to do what would have been a minor midair correction in the original, but sends me careening backwards in Maker.

So no, I'm positive that SMM unfortunately doesn't use proper SMB1 physics. Though I'm fine with them not having been used in any games since SMB1, not having them in SMM is pretty disappointing. IMO, they were fine in the original; it's not like they've ever been the sole responsibility for a death (and personally, I think the extra committal required for jumps in Lost Levels is what makes it the Lost Levels).
Reminds me of the when people complained about Classic Sonics jumping in Sonic Generations. Only its a bit more understandable in this case.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Reaction post for the newest polling data.

@Spazzy_D @ TheAnvil TheAnvil and Nantendo wrote their responses! So go check it out!

Not exactly sure the order, but here's a rough idea of some of the stuff we are working on...

A post written by Spazzy
An interview with ######!
A Dream Arena article (centered around an Earthbound stage!) written by Nantendo!
Translation explaining why Wonder Pink's trophy was updated
SG Choice #5
Melee website translation

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Ya'll looked anyway.
As a person that's getting into 3D modeling and stuff, I must say you are amazing at your work. Keep up the great job.

I also remember this from before, didn't know you were behind this, but this is the character Sami from Advance Wars, right? I really see the details matching quite well on model, pretty amazing effort.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Classic Sonic in Generations was so busted lol

Even more so if you equipped him Homing Attack.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Reaction post for the newest polling data.

@Spazzy_D @ TheAnvil TheAnvil and Nantendo wrote their responses! So go check it out!

Not exactly sure the order, but here's a rough idea of some of the stuff we are working on...

A post written by Spazzy
An interview with ######!
A Dream Arena article (centered around an Earthbound stage!) written by Nantendo!
Translation explaining why Wonder Pink's trophy was updated
SG Choice #5
Melee website translation
The only time where SG will have truly expanded is when they get an exclusive interview with Sakurai :4dk:

Neo Zero

As a person that's getting into 3D modeling and stuff, I must say you are amazing at your work. Keep up the great job.

I also remember this from before, didn't know you were behind this, but this is the character Andy from Advance Wars, right? I really see the details matching quite well on model, pretty amazing effort.
That's actually Sami, not Andy.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The only time where SG will have truly expanded is when they get an exclusive interview with Sakurai :4dk:
I would be so hyped if I was able to land an exclusive interview with Sakurai. Perhaps some day! An interview with me would probably throw him off, as I wouldn't ask him questions I already know the answer to (a lot of interviewers have asked him the SAME question. Who's your favorite character? How do you pick characters? etc)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Just imagine how SourceGaming's traffic would skyrocket with an interview with Sakurai.

Neo Zero

I would be so hyped if I was able to land an exclusive interview with Sakurai. Perhaps some day! An interview with me would probably throw him off, as I wouldn't ask him questions I already know the answer to (a lot of interviewers have asked him the SAME question. Who's your favorite character? How do you pick characters? etc)
How's your guys PR? Don't suppose it's possible to contact him to try and get one?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just imagine how SourceGaming's traffic would skyrocket with an interview with Sakurai.
It would be insane. I wonder if the servers would crash...

How's your guys PR? Don't suppose it's possible to contact him to try and get one?
Our PR sucks :3. Not sure if he would ever do an interview with us as by doing so it would "legitimize" the unauthorized translations. The SG team was talking a week ago about starting a contacting Nintendo to see if we can get access to promotional stuff/etc.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
They need to nerf Climbers. Three games in, and now they're SS-Tier because of stupid accidentally reintroduced Wobbling and the down throw > Uair "So! Po!" Move. Ugh.

Ridley's bottom tier, too. He's so big that he's basically the ultimate combo food. Next time Sakurai adds a fan-favorite, he should make them good. Man. Ridley had so much potential, but even... like... our Brawl-tier garbage Sheik can combo him. If Sheik's doing well, you know the other guy's bad or is maining an F-tier.

Not happy over R.O.B getting cut. I'll never be over it. On the bright side, Ganondorf's entirely new moveset is totally hype tbh. Neo Ganoncides make up for most of the flaws Smash Fisticuffs has.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Rebellious Treecko said:
SNAKE OR RIOT. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Raise your Kongers?

I'm hoping for Squirtle with that swanky P:M skin so I can be myself in game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think some of my brain cells perished while reading excerpts from that article. It's painfully obvious the lack of research done.

Well, at least I can laugh. Laughter is good for many different occasions.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The Smashified could potentially be..........

Lanky Kong, as he's has a lot of blue and is hairy. He fits this perfectly.

It could also be Kumatora, or Globox.

Also with the new announcement of the Nintendo president, it sounds exciting, but checking his age hes already 65. I guess age doesn't matter since Iwata came in during his young 40s and he was still taken from us. :( Just hope they picked someone with strong health and longevity!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It flat out lists Britney Spears as a potential candidate.

It's not a serious article.

Welp, nevermind me then. Dunno how that never came to my attention.
The idea of the track being "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" is so widespread that it's popular belief. People have been saying it since 2008, and the fact that the track was far more likely to be "Toadwood Forest" from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is seldom mentioned.

The dozens of people who've uploaded that remix on Youtube only served to complicate things. None of the removed tracks are present in the game anymore, other than a name and an empty file. That remix is 100% fake, as are any other supposedly unused tracks uploaded to Youtube that are claimed to have been ripped from the game.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Smashified could potentially be..........
It could also be Kumatora, or Globox.
...I'm going to be honest to the people that suggested this (not to be rude, at least not intending to sound like that), from that twitter link of a characters ass, how is GLOBOX an option from that?

Barbara would make for a better guess but even then I know it's not her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom