• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

ORAS had a lot of great stuff.
Battle Resort I love.
Zinnia's battle theme is the most overrated Pokémon song ever but that goes to show how good it is.
Battle! Frontier Brain is also good.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Am I the only one here thst didn't like Gen 6's music?
It felt like a downgrade after Gen 5
Diantha's theme literally feels like a downgraded Iris's theme
The rival theme doesn't help Calem/Serena at all
The gym battlevtheme felt lackluster
And the E4 theme was missing... something
Yeah, I agree. Most of Gen VI's music didn't really stick with me. One of the few exceptions for me is Lumiose City, which I really like. (I'm still frustrated it's only on the 3DS version of Sm4sh. Maybe we'll get a DLC Pokemon stage and they'll finally include it on Wii U?)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So how are you enjoying Xenoblade post Prison Island?
Only just got off Prison Island really. I'm at Valak Mountain now, trying to navigate to the next destination.

All around, Xenoblade's story is one of the if not the best story's in a game that I've ever played.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Gen VI as a whole didn't really stick imo. The only thing I remember are the Pokemon. Apart from that nothing else was really that interesting. Especially the rivals and the Pokemon League.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am I the only one here thst didn't like Gen 6's music?
It felt like a downgrade after Gen 5
It's a downgrade I agree, but personally I found it more memorable than anything in Gen 5. Even after re-playing Black/White earlier this summer I still can't remember anything beyond what's in Smash.

Felt like they were experimenting with CD quality music for the first time with Gen 6 or something. It's tough to place it, but there's a HUGE difference in XY's music compared to the rest of the series in tone/upbeatness. XY vs. ORAS.

XY's Gym Leader theme is a piece of crap IMO. Diantha's theme I can't help but remember how easy she was and how much cooler Cynthia is. Xerneas/Yveltal's theme made me wish I was fighting Dialga/Palkia instead.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ghetsis and N's battle themes are some of my favorites in the franchise. I wanted either of them in Smash so bad.

Strofirko

Smash Master
About all this pokemon discussion:
I never liked pokemon

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
One of the few exceptions for me is Lumiose City, which I really like. (I'm still frustrated it's only on the 3DS version of Sm4sh. Maybe we'll get a DLC Pokemon stage and they'll finally include it on Wii U?)
Saffron City with that and XY's Mewtwo theme and I'm set.

Both of those would be just too perfect not to add, but at the same time we're talking about someone who gave Hyrule Castle (64) three extra versions of the Zelda Main theme versus any version of the actual Hyrule Castle theme...

Chrono.

Ghetsis and N's battle themes are some of my favorites in the franchise. I wanted either of them in Smash so bad.
I just wanted the Pokemon World Tournament finals song, seriously it sounds like a Smash theme as it is.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just wanted the Pokemon World Tournament finals song, seriously it sounds like a Smash theme as it is.
Oh yeah, that too. Overall Gen 5 deserved more love in Smash imo.

Soul.

Black 2 and White 2's Credits theme is like, ugh.
Then again, the happiness of it most likely has to do with the conclusion of the story, seeing as BW's credits theme was more serious.

Battle Resort sounds like a menu song lmao when custom music arrives I'll be changing that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Wow. MachRiderZ from Deviantart can't catch a break, can he? Some of the leakers use his renders to provide "evidence". I knew that Wolf model was fake from the get-go.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn I know your probably sleeping right now, but I have a quick question.
The 6 slots that are in the games code, were they found in the Mewtwo update data or were they found in the ROM itself? Just kind of curious.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In terms of memorable music of how much I remembered them:
Pokemon Gold / Silver
Pokemon Red / Blue
Pokemon Black / White
Pokemon X / Y
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl
Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire

Before Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if you told me to name and remember tracks from Diamond, Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire, I would barely name even 5 of them from each. It's not that the music wasn't good, I just never remembered music from those games. Diamond and Pearl are higher due to tracks I remember simply because of the start-ups, like Cynthia's Theme and Cyrus' Theme(especially this one).
With Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I can certainly remember the Ruby and Sapphire music more, but that's mostly because I'm actually paying attention on listening to the music compared to back then.
Black and White IMO was a major upgrade in music memorable-ness as hearing some of the tracks actually made me pay attention to the music. X / Y, while I can't remember as many songs, gets points for having some really catchy themes among the ones I do remember.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I disliked Gen 4 because of its slowness, repetitive music, and more than anything, its over-reliance on HMs (****ing Defog is the worst thing ever). Thank God Gen 5 fixed the HM problem and made it so you didn't actually need any to beat the main game.

Oh, am I late to this? Sorry.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Geez, it took me all day to catch up on 40+ pages. In other news, over the weekend, I hit A- in Splatoon!

Now, do i try for the S?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, the first title of my theme is up.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom