• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Silver is a irredeemable piece of crap. He wasn't even a rival since actively tried to screw you over and was an ******* to EVERYONE.
I may not be a fan of Johto but I'll pull this from Tvtropes quickly
'How can you tell that your rival has genuinely changed? Well, by the time of your last battle with him he has a Crobat, which only evolve from Golbat through having friendship with the trainer.'
Something I don't see people praising Gen VI enough for is how they got rid of BS Roaming Legendaries. Granted, you have to chase the Kanto birds down but they stay put in a certain spot. Platinum had 5 of them, and Moltres was always a ****ing pain. Gah

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, forgot about Barry
**** that guy

Gen 5 is my favorite tho
BW had a great story
All the designs of the new Pokemon were good
N is best non-trap husbando
Drayden has the most glorious beard in all of gaming history
N exists
Gym leaders were given omportance outside of "fight that guy, win badge, leave"
Cheren did his work as a rival right, even if he wasn't an asshole
Music gives me orgasms
E4 members had some of the most memorable battles and were great design wise
Alder is best champion because he isn't an edgy ************ trying to be all like "I'm totally not the champ bruh, believe me"
I cried once
Then there was B2W2
Great postgame
Marlon is relatable
Look Cheren is a gym leader
Where are his glasses tho?
Hey Bianc-- oh wait a sec
N is even hotter
Ghetsis gets edgier
Shadow Triad>>>>>>>Evil admins from every other gen
I may not be a fan of Johto but I'll pull this from Tvtropes quickly
'How can you tell that your rival has genuinely changed? Well, by the time of your last battle with him he has a Crobat, which only evolve from Golbat through having friendship with the trainer.'
Something I don't see people praising Gen VI enough for is how they got rid of BS Roaming Legendaries. Granted, you have to chase the Kanto birds down but they stay put in a certain spot. Platinum had 5 of them, and Moltres was always a ****ing pain. Gah
Tbh, that was always one of my favorite things about Silver
Not only that, but he ditches Clair to pair up with you, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend
I also believe he eventually gets a Gengar, which means he had to make some friends
Or buy another DS and a copy of the game

Soul.

These are pretty much my feelings. I sort of hated Gen IV when it first came out (rather, I was obsessed with it until I beat the Elite 4 and then became bitter about it afterward), but replaying it recently made me realize that I actually love it entirely, and though I am pretty much incapable of ranking the Pokemon games, I'd say Gen IV is one of my favorites.

Battle Revolution is a different story. Not that it's not fun for the most part, just that there isn't anywhere near the level of content I would expect compared to previous console Pokemon games. Also, Neon Colosseum can go die. The worst part is I bought it new while I was visiting relatives in Illinois (which has 10% sales tax) so I spent just about the most money I could've spent on a game that's lacking in much content.
I mean, a lot of things made Gen 4 look like my favorite Pokémon gen. Physical/Special split, "balanced" metagame, Wi-Fi, the snowy aspect Sinnoh had in Platinum, etc. Seeing how slow it is makes me think that, while the comparison is really stupid, it seems like the Brawl of Pokémon. Slow, yet fun and entertaining, and just as competitive as previous/new Pokémon games.
It's things like this that make it so special for me. New Pokémon games are still fun, but I'll always love Gen 4.

Also Gen 4 had Explorers, therefore it is the best : )

Keep in mind that I don't hate any Pokémon gen; I just think a few are lacking in some areas. Black and White (2) have the best story and some of the best songs (Route 10/Game Sync yas), but I don't know. It was really stupid competitively with weather wars (hurr durr
. why was
a nightmare omg)

Hilariously enough I find Neon Colosseum's music really... fun to listen to. Compared to other Colosseums, it's trying to be happy, which again, could be the song itself.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Anyone know the name of the track in Xenoblade that's playing when Shulk talks to Dunban about Fiora after you get back from prison island?

D

Deleted member

All this Poketalk has gotten me in a Pokemood. What's everyone's favourite Champion theme? I love Steven's theme, with Cynthia's being close
Lance's theme
Cynthia's is hype too
And Blue's...
There are just so many

But my overall favorite would be N's since he technically was the champion when you fight him

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Iris's theme is my favorite Champion theme.

Chrono.

My favorite champion theme is Green's, which doubles as my favorite rival theme.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My favorite Champion theme would be Steven's, it sounds very intense, which fits perfectly for what the match felt like when I first faced him in RSE. After him, I also like Cynthia's, Blue's and Iris' as well.

On the note of music, one thing I hope they bring back was the individualized themes for the different gyms. Even ignoring the fact that most of them sounded excellent, it made each gym and the leaders feel more distinct from each other and gave them a thematic that just worked perfectly for them. It's one of the reasons why I still feel Gen 5 had the best gyms, especially B2W2's.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gen IV is probably my favorite Gen overall, but my favorite games are still RSE/ORAS.

Barry is a winner in book if only for his theme song.

pulseman[1] (2).gif

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I mean, a lot of things made Gen 4 look like my favorite Pokémon gen. Physical/Special split, "balanced" metagame, Wi-Fi, the snowy aspect Sinnoh had in Platinum, etc. Seeing how slow it is makes me think that, while the comparison is really stupid, it seems like the Brawl of Pokémon. Slow, yet fun and entertaining, and just as competitive as previous/new Pokémon games.
It's things like this that make it so special for me. New Pokémon games are still fun, but I'll always love Gen 4.
Yeah, it did a lot of things right mechanically and I love Sinnoh as a region, honestly. It's just got such a great atmosphere IMO. My bitterness toward it back in the day was not really justified by anything in particular, I was on a whole big bitter kick about everything in modern gaming back then. I even remember enjoying the games themselves (although it took me until very recently to actually beat the Elite Four in Platinum), I completed the Dex in Diamond and replayed Pearl multiple times, I think it was just some weird thing of hating it on principle.

We all have things we regret, I suppose, and my attitude in ~2008 is one of those things I regret, lol.

Hilariously enough I find Neon Colosseum's music really... fun to listen to. Compared to other Colosseums, it's trying to be happy, which again, could be the song itself.
Oh yeah, Neon Colosseum was fine in pretty much all respects, just that its gimmick in the story progression was frustrating, with the roulette determining yours and your opponents team from a pool of all of your Pokemon. I actually think I ended up beating it the first time by making my team a bunch of junk Pokemon, since that puts everyone on basically an equal playing field.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Champion theme would be Steven's, it sounds very intense, which fits perfectly for what the match felt like when I first faced him in RSE. After him, I also like Cynthia's, Blue's and Iris' as well.

On the note of music, one thing I hope they bring back was the individualized themes for the different gyms. Even ignoring the fact that most of them sounded excellent, it made each gym and the leaders feel more distinct from each other and gave them a thematic that just worked perfectly for them. It's one of the reasons why I still feel Gen 5 had the best gyms, especially B2W2's.
You just made me remember thevfact the Battle Theme also changed when the Gym Leader was on their ladt Pokemon
That was one of my favorite things ever
They should also do the same to E4 members and plot crucial battles

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

My favorite Champion theme ever. I really like Lance/Red and Blue though.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Soo how many of y'all hunt and play Pokemon hacks?
i've been meaning to play blaze black 2
i've played through it before but bw2 remains my favorite pokemon game, so. i've thought about doing challenge mode and then i remember victory road trainers with weather teams

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
>Omega Ruby
>Not Alpha Sapphire
Have fun doing maths instead of being a pirate. Yarrrr
I'm actually a Sapphire guy as it was the version I got when it came out. Kyogre is still one of favorite legendaries, though Groudon and Rayquaza are also awesome.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one here thst didn't like Gen 6's music?
It felt like a downgrade after Gen 5
Diantha's theme literally feels like a downgraded Iris's theme
The rival theme doesn't help Calem/Serena at all
The gym battlevtheme felt lackluster
And the E4 theme was missing... something

ORAS did great on the remixes
Groudon's/Kyogre's theme were great imo
Deoxys' theme really fittedbit
And the Maxie and Archie's theme were my favorite remixes
Abd they gave little Wally a battle theme holy **** that was good
But Zinnia's battle theme takes best overall theme in ORAS

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nevermind, I'm pretty sure it's just exactly memories actually, it's just that it sounds a little different because it's softly playing in the background behind dialogue.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Am I the only one here thst didn't like Gen 6's music?
It felt like a downgrade after Gen 5
Diantha's theme literally feels like a downgraded Iris's theme
The rival theme doesn't help Calem/Serena at all
The gym battlevtheme felt lackluster
And the E4 theme was missing... something

ORAS did great on the remixes
Groudon's/Kyogre's theme were great imo
Deoxys' theme really fittedbit
And the Maxie and Archie's theme were my favorite remixes
Abd they gave little Wally a battle theme holy **** that was good
But Zinnia's battle theme takes best overall theme in ORAS
I agree actually. Kalos has my least favorite gym leader theme in the franchise. ORAS picked up the slack though and has some great remixes.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

My favorite Champion theme ever. I really like Lance/Red and Blue though.
If there's one thing about this remade version I don;t really like about it is that the tempo is slower. I love the original faster speed, it just made it seem more intensive for me imo.

But I still love Gen 3's music, it being my fav Gen.

D

Deleted member

Yes, now sit in the corner. Nevermind Zygarde looking at you there. He'll only kill us all to restore balance between life and death when CoroCoro leaks
The Life Trio's Battle theme was the second best XY theme imo
That's not saying much tho...
I just remembered Lysandre's theme and it was actually good
I actually liked Lysandre as a character, he understands humanity has no hope

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nevermind, I'm pretty sure it's just exactly memories actually, it's just that it sounds a little different because it's softly playing in the background behind dialogue.
So how are you enjoying Xenoblade post Prison Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom