• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's deadliest warrior! Brother FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That is, if his big muscles would actually let him move fast enough to parry. And like I said, big muscles does not necesarilly mean bigger strenght. There are a lot more factors that decide if a person is strong or not.
It is known that all Ganons in the LoZ series have had superior strength and most have actually been very mobile despite their stature...

In hand to hand the situation totally changes...I'm not sure if Ike could even begin to tussle to any Ganondorf (All WW Gdorf would have to do is sit on Ike and it's game over LOL!)

But...I read one of Kirby Wizard's post and I wouldn't rule out the possiblity that they could in fact-"break their hands from clashing with each other" We are talking about a lot a force and a lot of speed in which they connect...if powerful enough...which we know they probably are...then by pure physics they could break each other's hands and then what?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
true, but in a physical fight, More size=more power, and that is *very* important in a match with super-heavy weaponary...

Hey, think we should discuss them in a hand-to-hand light? If for exapmle their swords knock each other's away?
Actually, no. His size would make his attacks slower because of the increased mass, making his strikes much more weaker. Also, we can't be sure Ganon is the strongest because there are a lot more things that decide someone's strenght. The strongest attack wold be a fast AND heavy one, and Ike is leaner, is strong and would move faster than ganon in the real life. Also, Ganon probably suffers from gigantism,a nd if he is that old he should have a lot of medical problems in the real life.

Also, if bowser and squirtle were realistic, they would have HUUUUUUUUUUGE D!cks

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It is known that all Ganons in the LoZ series have had superior strength and most have actually been very mobile despite their stature...
But we are talking about a REALISTIC fight. In a realistic fight Ganon wouldn't be able to move that fast, just as how Ike wouldn't be able to move ragnell as fast as in his games.

JOE!

Smash Hero
er, being old doesnt = medical problems

Also, If ike is leaner then he would NOT have stronger attacks, and go talk to A heavyweight boxer about big muscles being slow ;)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Actually, no. His size would make his attacks slower because of the increased mass, making his strikes much more weaker. Also, we can't be sure Ganon is the strongest because there are a lot more things that decide someone's strenght. The strongest attack wold be a fast AND heavy one, and Ike is leaner, is strong and would move faster than ganon in the real life. Also, Ganon probably suffers from gigantism,a nd if he is that old he should have a lot of medical problems in the real life.

Also, if bowser was realistic, he would have a HUUUUUUUUUUGE D!ck
Not exactly there are large people in real life who are very mobile and actually very nimble...my cousin is an example-size doens't determine speed. Weight may...but not size
The earth moves at an ungodly speed and it has a large mass....

payasofobia

Smash Champion
http://www.medstudents.com.br/endoc/endoc8.htm

Read this and now look at this man:

http://www.cwfarchives.com/assets/photo3/full/11112 copy.jpg

His name was Andre the giant, and he was really big, he suffered from gigantism and he was as big as ganon. He was a famous wrestler that died tragically because of his sickness. He was so big that at the age of 40 he began experiencing a lot of horrible and perilous sicknesses that ended his social life on his late 40's and killed him on his 50's. Ganon is old and probably suffers from that. In a realistic fight he would be too sick to fight and Ike would just pity him and let him live....or kill him if he is that sick. Of course, that only applies to TP's ganon. WW's Ganon is just old and fat and OoT's ganon is actually young, nimble and healthy.

OoT ganon vs Ike would be the most interesting fight actually.

Sieguest

Smash Master

His name was Andre the giant, and he was really big, he suffered from gigantism and he was as big as ganon. He was a famous wrestler that died tragically because of his sickness. He was so big that at the age of 40 he began experiencing a lot of horrible and perilous sicknesses that ended his social life on his late 40's and killed him on his 50's. Ganon is old and probably suffers from that.
Or you may take into consideration that Ganondorf is just huge because he grew...I mean there's Yao Ming- an almost 7' tall asian... and I'm a 6'3'' female at age 16...don't see a lot of that...(and as far as I know neither Yao Ming or myself suffer from Gigantism)
BTW: That guy is huge...

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I think the Ganon/Ike battle will become a game of chess. Force your opponent into a mistake and you got a good shot a winning. Anything else will result in a draw, probably.

JOE!

Smash Hero

His name was Andre the giant, and he was really big, he suffered from gigantism and he was as big as ganon. He was a famous wrestler that died tragically because of his sickness. He was so big that at the age of 40 he began experiencing a lot of horrible and perilous sicknesses that ended his social life on his late 40's and killed him on his 50's. Ganon is old and probably suffers from that. In a realistic fight he would be too sick to fight and Ike would just pity him and let him live....or kill him if he is that sick. Of course, that only applies to TP's ganon. WW's Ganon is just old and fat and OoT's ganon is actually young, nimble and healthy.

OoT ganon vs Ike would be the most interesting fight actually.

no offense, but i lost credit in you after "HUUUUGGGGGEEEE D!ck!"

But in all seriousness, yeah, that may be a disadvantage, but also an advantage:

Who beat Andre? Besides when he LET Hogan flip him?

He had OVERWHELMING power. Now, have a guy who is a bit more athletic, and with a large sword that he knows how to use.

Ike wouldnt be able to block it very well, and the smart thing to do would be dodge, but with a smaller frame and heavy sword, he might as well be as bogged down as ganon.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I checked and so much heavy force will be very bad for the one that is smaller. More force= more stress on bones and muscle. Ike would have to get a hit in quick he wouldn't be able to last to many rounds with Ganondorf, to much force could horrible damage his arm. Ike would have to fight by mostly dodging trying to desperately trying to get a hit on the WW Ganondorf. The only reason he had such a large opening in WW was because of Light Arrows. Ike has to get close to WWGanon range which is a grave zone.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ok, so hands down for WW Ganon due to a lack of openings for Ike then?

Now, what about OOT and TP?

I think OOT will win his myself, just due to overwhelming power Ike cant really defend against....

Not sure about TP..

EDIT:

I belive Ganon is the only char we really need to do "versions" of :p

sNess California

Smash Cadet
great intellectual reasoning everybody! So far this match has been really close, but i will fin a winner either sometime this week or if anyone proves many points of why their character would win. I'm really glad everyone is having fun with this thread!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I know how to decide this. Anyone got a coin?

Really, it's that even. Big swords, great strength, you can't go wrong picking either/or.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ike would win. He faced tougher foes. (Without magic and in a realistic setting)

In a realistic situation WW and TP Ganon die of old age, leaving OoT Ganon, and Ike has feats while OoT Ganon doesn't (In a swordfight)

Ike wins.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Kr3w......the last time you tried to prove your points you got shut down, want it to happen again? look over what's allready been said:

death of old age is not a factor.
Ike has no "feats", and he cnat roll 20's either to help him out (cookie if someone gets teh joke)

and in a moment i will be postng my breakdown of this matchup ;)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Okay so WW Ganon>Ike has been decided then...YES!!!

So now OoT ganon...Well going from what KirbyWizard posted all Ike could do is dodge and hopefully find his opening..but I think that most likely that they would get in Sword lock and Ganon would just brute force his way to victory...since that would be a lot of strain on Ike's lean muscle mass...

And as for everyone's "realistic" ganon dies of old age theories...
well Ike is arrested for truency and is taken to jail...what then now hmm? He should be in school!
Plus kr3wman- just because someone is renowned for skill doesn't mean that someone not so well known couldn't beat him...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You kinda kill some of the tactics they have without incorporating magical.

After all, it's a realistic situation, so if we're going as far as to remove their abilities (like the power of Link's Master Sword), then that kinda removes the entire point.

Not like Link's Master Sword would have much power over Falcion, being as Marth isn't evil. Also, how do we know how dense Link's sword is?

@akkon

Sieguest

Smash Master
You kinda kill some of the tactics they have without incorporating magical.

After all, it's a realistic situation, so if we're going as far as to remove their abilities (like the power of Link's Master Sword), then that kinda removes the entire point.

Not like Link's Master Sword would have much power over Falcion, being as Marth isn't evil. Also, how do we know how dense Link's sword is?

@akkon
You're just a tad late on that one.....anyway a sword is still a sword and a sword still cuts and kills quickly in real life....and to be truthful...link's sword looks to be a little denser than your normal run of the mill sword...(broad blade)

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
Link. Magic or not, he has a bow and arrow, probably one to two bombs, a boomerang, which could be graded to be sharp, whereas Marth his a sword. And if he can't counter blows, he's screwed. So I say Link.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Link. Magic or not, he has a bow and arrow, probably one to two bombs, a boomerang, which could be graded to be sharp, whereas Marth his a sword. And if he can't counter blows, he's screwed. So I say Link.
Just a reminder...but currently we are discussing Ganondorf vs Ike...
To be specific

WWGdorf vs. Ike- Already decided Gdorf wins

OoTGdorf vs. Ike - still open to debate...

TPGdorf vs. Ike- Still debating...

Marth vs. Link was already discussed last week and Link was declared the victor...

Cool Beans?:)

sNess California

Smash Cadet
There I have updated the post!! Now if it needs corrections please let me know. Haha sorry Joe i have quoted it now, i hope it looks good! And keep up the good work!

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, lets break this down:

SWORD vs SWORD

OOT Ganon: In OOT, Ganondorf had his "Dark Sword", which appears to be the result of a Claymore and a Great Axe mating...
This sword is VERY large and VERY heavy, being about as tall as Ike, coming to Ganon's shoulder.

TP Ganon: In TP, Ganon has a different approach to swordplay. He relies more on skill than brute force (even though he still uses it). His sword relfects this in it's leaner look, being more along the lines of a Marth-style blade, but still being slightly heavy.

WW Ganon: Ganon takes a slight twist in this variation by using two quick blades to do the job of one strong one. The two swords are fast and strong, while not having the power of the other two variations alone, used together (and with ganon;s strength) they can be just as deadly.

Ragnel: Ike's sword is heavy, long and powerful, as well as having decent speed for it's size. It seems to have a nice balance between it's assets, with it's only weakness being some cooldown between swings, and an inabilaty to stab.

THE EDGE:

GANONDORF:

Ganon takes the Weapon Round 2 to 1:

OOT: The Dark Sword vs Ragnell, the Dark Sword is like the Ragnel's mean older brother: the two swords will have a battle of weight, size and strength, which the dark Sword beats Ragnel on each level. Especcially since it has the range advantage on the Ragnel, which Ike desperatley needs.

On an added note, If Ike tries to block the massive sword, with Ganon's powerful striking force, his arm/hand will most likely break, ending it then and there.
Ike's sword may have a bit more speed, but the positives of Ganon's simply outweigh that considering how small of a gap it really is.

TP: Ike takes this matchup. Simply put, Ganon's TP sword is simply out matched by the Ragnel in nearly all ways. Speed doesnt even matter since it cannot over come the range gap. (It is significantly shorter than Ragnel)

WW: Ganon takes this as well, due to his ability to counter ike with a second sword.
At first, it seems like Ike should take this. But at a closer look, the two swords WW Ganon weilds are seemingly thinner versions of his TP sword.

Focusing on speed, Ganon can simply manipulate ike's Ragnel with one, and finish Ike with the other, using his herculean strength to fend off Ike with one of teh swords to set up the other.

ARMOR

Ganon's armor varies greatly between his variations.

OOT: Steel Shoulder pads and chest piece, as well as plated gloves. Body Covered in studded/heavy leather.

TP: Steel plating in most areas except head/thighs. A decent trade-off considering he has the worse weapon in the matchup.

WW: No armor, just a robe.

Ike: Steel plate armor on almost all of his body except his sword arm and head

THE EDGE:

IKE:

Ike takes this 2 to 1

OOT: Simply put, Steel Plating is better than heavy/studded leather in a matchup of very powerful swords

TP: Ganon has more steel plating than Ike (both arms, and a neck-cover) with it technically being bigger plates due to his size.

WW: Ike takes this hands down. WW doesn't even have armor.

SKILL

All three Ganons are very skilled with their weaponary, with OOT Being a little less so, but having a fantastic sword to make up for it, and TP having the most skill, but having a weaker sword (comparitavley).

Ike is considered the premiere sowrdsman of his world, being an expert at his style of heavy-swordsmanship.

THE EDGE:

DRAW:

Ike may be the best swordsman of his realm, but Ganon is no slouch, with an expertise in using his own style (per weaponary) to gain control of the fight.

Technically speaking, Ike may be supreme at his ragnel, but its equal to Ganon being adapt to his better Dark Sword.

Ganon has the same level of mastery with his TP Sword as Ike does his Ragnel, being able to expertly wield it without issue.

As for WW, Ganon's style will counter Ike's due to having a second sword.

(for those keeping count, this round was Ike-> Even -> Ganon, resulting in a draw)

PHYSIQUE

Ike is well built, young and athletic, as well as being very strong. he is fairly tall and muscular as well.

Ganondorf on the other hand is allways portrayed as a massive individual, with staggering height.

In his OOT Incarnation, he is extremeley physically fit, and more than a match for Ike, In TP, he seems a bit less fit, but still imposing. WW Ganon seems fat...but still is able to move quickly and powerfully.

THE EDGE:

GANONDORF:

Ike may be more athletic and toned, but Ganon is simply a monster. In all three versions mentioned he is large, fairly nimble and exeedingly strong.

Ike is of course nimbler, but he isnt stronger or larger, ridding him of a range/power advantage over Ganon, which he needs to rely on with a weapon like Ragnel.

That being said, Ike's agility over Ganon could be a factor. Ike could take advantage over Ganon if he misses, yet on that note Ganon is swift enough to return the favor.

Being stronger/bigger/able to keep up with Ike (small gap in speeds) tips the scales in Ganon's favor this round.

SYNOPSIS

This match is close, I mean exceeedingly close....but, Im gonna give the bout a true deadliest warrior ratio:

Out of 1000 bouts, the scales are tipped..... 520/480...

GANONDORF:

Ganon is simply like the mean older brother of Ike, who can kinda just beat him up.

The matchup is heavily based on punishment, with either party missing equating to a death, seeing as with the weaponary involved, even steel plating wont prevent broken bones with the heavy **** being swung by these two power-house combatants.

Ike has been said to prevail due to his speed, and that is only true for the TP Matchup, which he wins. here is a breakdown of each fight:

IKE VS OOT: In this bout Ike has no advantages. Range? Darksword has him beat. Power? Darksword got him beat. Speed? Ganon can match him. Ike's only savign grace is his better armor, which may prevent a one-hot kill from ganon, with Ganon;s leather armor not providing the same protection. The fight goes to Ganon regardless due to sheer power on his part, which Ike cannot overcome.

IKE VS TP: This is the fight where Ike turns the tables. Ganon is heavily outmatched weapon-wise. Even if it is swifter, it simply cannot match the range and power of Ragnel, and has no hopes of really blocking it. Ganon's saving grace in this match is his superior armor, allowing him to take at least 1 hit before being vanquished....yet the same goes for Ike.

IKE VS WW: In this match, Ganon is able to work around Ike's one sword, using two of his own. Applying his attriubutes stated earlier to quicker, dynamic weaponary should be able to easily block/parry ragnel while killing with the second. Ike's saving grace here is that in this form Ganon has NO ARMOR, making him very easily killed should Ike get a hit in.

Over all, in all three possible macthups, Ganon has the advantage in two, with the TP bout going in Ike's favor. All three are also fairly close, with Ike being able to more easily kill Ganon in the OOT and WW matchups (but be killed easier himself) and both parties having trouble landing the killing blow in the TP match.

In the end however, Ganon's sheer brute force combined with superior weaponary, reach and the speed gap being just narrow enough to not play a huge roll earns him the title of the deadliest warrior.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think Im this board's "Computer Simulator" dude from the show, makign the final verdict and such, as Ive done with these past two fights :p

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
How about the winner of round 1 vs. the winner of round 2?
Link vs. Ganondorf?
Or maybe something completely new, like Samus vs. Captain Falcon (battle of the bounty hunters)?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think a heavy weight bout should be in order....

Hmn, how about this:

:dk2:KING OF THE JUNGLE vs KING OF DREAMLAND:dedede:
A BATTLE OF BRUTE FORCE AND SHEER SIZE

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?

(perhaps DK could get some swwet, sweet justice on that silly CG eh? :chuckle:)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Hmmmm, DK Vs. Dedede - CG

Dedede has a rocket propelled hammer which gives him immense strength, but horrible maneuverablity. DK has not as much strength, but great mobility despite is girth.

Now the hammer plays a large role in this fight because it gives Dedede much greater reach than DK. However, I think a realistic DK would be ablt to LITERALLY run circles around Dedede. But, keep in mind that neither party has a guaranteed way to kill the other (please, no swalkow tactics. All he does is spit them out), and both combatants look like they can "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'."

I picture a long, drawn out fight, with DK getting fatigued from dodging, and perhaps blocking Dedede's hammer. I think Dedede would play it smart and copy his Brawl techniques, bait and punish.

Overall, I say 55-45 in Dedede's favor.

JOE!

Smash Hero
A quick note on future fights guys:

Some fighters unfortunatley would need to be exempt...due to having nobody they could really beat...(im looking at you Jiggz....)

on the same note, some fighters would be horrendously powerful, and require only like 1 matchup between the few of those types.

we will need to at one point decide who could put up a fight against who.....

EDIT:

@tusm: dont forget, Dk has a gun (it fires in spurts, if he shoots ya, its gonna hurt...) unless we leave that out. And even then, he could just grab the hammer, its not sharp. DK i can see as having greater "strength" than D3, but D3 has better weaponary and possible intelligence

kr3wman

Smash Master
Kr3w......the last time you tried to prove your points you got shut down, want it to happen again? look over what's allready been said:

death of old age is not a factor.
Ike has no "feats", and he cnat roll 20's either to help him out (cookie if someone gets teh joke)

and in a moment i will be postng my breakdown of this matchup ;)
What shutdown?

I only saw repetitive and inane arguments from you.

Ike has feats. Have you played the games we're talking about? Like, all the way till the end?

And I don't want your cookie, since well, that joke was as bad as your 'proofs' that whatever character that you think would win in a realistic fight is gonna win.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Kr3w, yeah, Ike has "feats", but the majority of them are unfeasable in a real-life scenario due to the way a sword like his would work, we cant do stuff like critical, he cant magically have an added defense bonus without adding a negative (more armor, thus weighed down) etc, etc, etc.

I took into consideration Ike could use superior swordsmanship, but in teh end ganon is just too strong, and has a way to match Ike's attributes that he lacks.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Penguin vs Ape I see >_>

D3 Pros
- Has a rather large and long weapon
- Superior Strength
-Rather intellegent
- Can most likely win if hand to hand
-He can float O_o
-hammer can easily break bones and could easily result in one hit kill