• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's deadliest warrior! Brother FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Link would win because of access to magic, not because of strength or speed or whatever, since we can't compare them in those.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Link would win because of access to magic, not because of strength or speed or whatever, since we can't compare them in those.
marth is skinneh, link is not-so-skinneh

not too hard to see who may have a strength or speed advantage,

AND WE ARE NOT USING MAGIC

EDIT: Can the OP put in the dang title that we are using AS REALISTIC CONDITIONS as possible? :p

kr3wman

Smash Master
Marth at end game can dodge arrows coming at him from close distances consistently.

Marth closes in, and it becomes a swordfight that we can't say who wins since we have nothing to compare.

Link (Or Marth) can only win if you bring in magical equipment.

Otherwise it's just ****ing.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Link would charge Marth. Marth would wait and defend. A flash of light. Captain Falcon wins. jk
Marth would win because of speed.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Nothing proves that Marth has speed greater than peak human, and I'm guessing that both of them has around peak human+ capabilities.

The only thing that matters would be swordsmanship without magical equipment and we can't compare them due to the games not being, well, comparable.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Nothing proves that Marth has speed greater than peak human, and I'm guessing that both of them has around peak human+ capabilities.

The only thing that matters would be swordsmanship without magical equipment and we can't compare them due to the games not being, well, comparable.
holy crap dude, read my post on page 4!

just look at link, he has armor and a better sword to counter Marth's. As well a s a shield

Marth has little to no *practical* armor, one swipe from link and he is dead

Marth would be lucky to do the same to link

Its not a matter of speed, its a matter of Marth being able to not die before managing to hurt link

kr3wman

Smash Master
Both have armor.

Both have human level strength.

Both have peak human(maybe +) speed.

Your post on page 3 is just, well, garbage. Not saying it's wrong, just that it's useless in a debate like this to overextend your arguments like that and make a totally random synopsis on a situation that you probably never been in (Sword duel to the death).

JOE!

Smash Hero
Page 4 silly :p

And yes, they both have armor, but Marth has ****ing shoulder pads and nothing else while Link has laether, Chainmail and a SHIELD

Who do you think is better off in that department?

Yes, both have human level strength, but that doesnt mean one is stronger than the other (Nameley link due to more muscle mass than marth)

Yes, they both have human level speed, yet marth is slightly quicker, being the more agile of the two, yet link isnt too far behind based on the moves he can pull off in his games compared to marth

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is just silly.

I can't imagine them having anything to fight about to begin with.

NNID
Budget_Player
IRL,

Shiek would orgasm to death nt C Falc flexing his muscles all at once

GG

*YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!*
You win this thread. Thank you.

did you read my post? XD

Anywho, I propose a new match based on the fact I kinda resolved teh LINK vs Marth fight:

IKE vs GANONDORF (With sword from his games)
I don't know much about Ike, but I'd love to know which incarnation of Ganondorf. The WW would take him apart-his sword is massive, but he has incredible speed.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Just for reference, Deadliest Warrior = Greatest show ever.

Link wins hands-down. Marth has a sword, Link has a sword, shield, bow and arrow, clawshot, BOMBZ, etc. so it's no contest.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Just for reference, Deadliest Warrior = Greatest show ever.

Link wins hands-down. Marth has a sword, Link has a sword, shield, bow and arrow, clawshot, BOMBZ, etc. so it's no contest.
ok but what would happen when link throw off his equipment and just would fight with his sword.
who has the best sword skill???

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's not the quantity, but the quality and how you use it. ;)

Link wins, and Ike wins vs over half of the existing Ganondorfs (realistically, Ganondorf doesn't have powers or triforce pieces)

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
LINK V. MARTH

Ok, so here is what I have been thinking.

Ranged Weapons: Link > Marth

This is pretty obvious. Link has arrows, and although they aren't unlimited like in the game, he has, lets say, 50. (That's a good number?) he also has maybe two bombs. Bombs would be a concussive force and thus would be the only explosive weapon in the matchup. This combined with the fact that Marth has no long ranged projectiles, and Link is a powerhouse.

Armor: Link > Marth

Marth wears a robe with leather. Link, on the other hand, wears near a full leather body, plus he has a shield of wood and iron. Link wins in the armor department as well.

Close Range: Marth > Link

I will have to give the edge to Marth because his Falchion isof folded steel, not to mention that it is lighter than the Master Sword. The Master Sword also can't be magical, which further give Marth the edge.

Skill: Marth > Link

Although Link has OK skill with many different weapons, Marth has been training with his only weapon, the Falchion, for an extremely long time. This defititely makes Marth's skill with his sword greater than Link's skill with his numerous weapons.

Final Result: Link > Marth

Link's bombs will be the huge decider, since it is almost guaranteed to hit regardless of accuracy. In the end, the fact that Link has long range weapons would make him victorious. My projection of the stats:

Marth:

350/1000 Kills

-350 to Falchion

Link:

650/1000 Kills

-500 to Bombs

-125 to Arrows

-25 to Master Sword

That's my two cents. There should be a series of stuff like this under forum games.

EDIT: I just realized that there is a new discussion lol, so I am doing a DUOBLE FEATURE!!!111one

IKE V. GANONDORF

Alright. There are different factors to consider in this matchup.

-Brute Force
-Close Range Weaponry
-Armor

Brute Force: Ganondorf > Ike

Ganondorf is stronger than Ike by a small amount. It comes close, but Ganondorf is a tougher guy.

Armor: Ganondorf > Ike

Ganondorf wears some metal armor. Ike wears a robe like material and a leather belt. Metal armor is more resistant to swords than a leather belt. Ganondorf has the edge.

Close Range: Ike > Ganondorf

Ganondorf has his meaty fists to fight with, not to mention his sword. (What is the name of his sword I can't remember) Although his sword does some damage, its range is terrible in comparison to Ike's Ragnell. The Ragnell has some insane range for a close quarters weapon, and it is extremely heavy and can lead to killshots.

Final Result: Ike > Ganondorf

Ganondorf will have raw power on his side, and he is better equipped to survive the battle. But this is not a show of "Survive the Warrior", it is a show to se who is the "Deadliest Warrior". The Ragnell will prove to be the driving force for the win.

Ganondorf:

290/1000 Kills

-250 to Dark Sword

-30 to Legs

-10 to Fists

Ike:

710/1000 Kills

-710 to Ragnell

That's my two cents. Wait a moment, four cents.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
this is actually pretty interesting. Perhaps we could arrange a more organized thread in the forum games?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
WW Ganon is insane. He has two swords, and he's surprisingly fast. I'd say WW Ganon wins, easily at that.

What other "Ganons with a sword" are there?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Okay...
Marth vs Link

Link has a bunch of weapons that he can use to put the whoup on marth....
Marth has an army of over sixty skilled warriors...
Link somehow kills marth
Sixty warriors jump Link
The late Marth Wins...

Ganondorf vs...Ike...
Ike wins....no questions...
WW Gdorf may be headachingly fast...with a headachingly large sword
but Ike got Aeather....and with a wrath critical......game over.....

Reconsidered...Ike doesn't have enough time before WW Gdorf gets in on him and wipes him out....
Although if it was any other ganondorf.....Ike wins....

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
yeah, link has too many far range weopons, not to mention a grappling hook and hookshot just to get to high for marth to get him and then snipe him with arrows or bombard him with, well, bombs

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Within the Marth vs. Link discussion, Snake appears out of nowhere and blows everyone up.

*Hint* Snake? SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I don't know much about Ike but WW Ganon could beat the crap out of just about anybody out there(Except for Chuck Norris of course)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
At that time, G-Dorf was controlled by AI. He was programmed to leave small strategic openings for Link to take advantage of. How else do you explain the humongously conspicuous detah blow? No one in their right mind would let someone jump 10 feet in the air and thrust a sword three feet into your head.

Psh, rated E for Everyone my arse.

What were we talking about again???...

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
The G-man would kick anybody into a small, pink pile of goo, not dissimilar to Kirby, then gloat at them. He'd then get the living snot knocked out of him, but come back for more. I really doubt Ike could do any such thing.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, will the OP PLEASE post my breakdown of Marth vs Link (without ranged weapons wich will tip the scales even further in link's direction) in a realistic manner?

Its pissing me off greatly that people are still going over it...and taking things like magic or the fact marth has spider-sense and armies.....

Sieguest

Smash Master
ok, will the OP PLEASE post my breakdown of Marth vs Link (without ranged weapons wich will tip the scales even further in link's direction) in a realistic manner?

Its pissing me off greatly that people are still going over it...and taking things like magic or the fact marth has spider-sense and armies.....
Armies are realistic...how do you think wars are fought!!!:laugh:
And seriously...no need to get p.o.ed over the bending of the rules to add some fun...:ohwell:

@TUSM- Nintendo has been trying to get sneaky...sneaking in some violence but covering it up as cartoon humor....they know exactly what they're doing...rated E for eradication...

sNess California

Smash Cadet
please everyone don't get too serious where it gets to a point where other people are insulted. about this thread, it's just an entertaining thread with intellectual reasons so just have fun and share your intellectual reasoning with us! I have edited the post i made, where we will discuss the new matchup for this week!! enjoy!!

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Hey sness can you put JOE post on the first post, it was very good.

OK now lets see how I think of it if it is WWGanon, then lets see we have more body, more agility, and most of all more swift swords. We then have ike strong and with a rather large clunky sword. Now even in his games Ike has not been known to have well the best speed >_>. HIs sword moves leave great opening and he has little to no armor on his upper body. Now ganondorf has last time I check no armor >_>. Ike can kill in one hit and that big think heavy sword is helping even more. Now ganondorf has two swift and rather skinny swords. Sure Ike can kill but he sure as hell can't hit as well as Ganon

arch knight

Smash Lord
Personally link would win He has a shield which marth does not. Marth has no ranged attacks so link can finish him from a distance with a bow a bomb or trip him with a boomerang. Odds are stacked against marth

Sieguest

Smash Master
I think it depends on which ganon we're talking about...we are talking about WWgdorf right...if we are...then I think gdorf would win...of course Ike has a huge sword and is not too slow with it...but a sword is a sword..get a good slice with it and you're gone..WWgdorf way out speeds Ike so he could get in close and just make him sushi with his fast sword swings...

Or if you want to get techincal with it....WWgdorf vs Ike

Speed:
WWgdor>Ike
Anybody who has played wind waker knows that Ganondorf is headachingly fast for a fat toon...and on FE 9 and 10 Ike's sword swings take almost two seconds....

Weaponry:
Gdorf>Ike
Gdorf has two swords..he can easily bait ike to try and parry with one sword and then just cut him down with the other...

Power:
Gdorf<Ike
Okay so basically Ike is like one of those better tanks you find sometimes...extremely powerful, but not too slow...Ike may be able to just over power ganon by using both hands to bring down his sword with crushing power...(he does enough with one hand...two would be like DAAANG!!!)

With all that out there...I would think Gdorf could win...he baits Ike to attack..sidestep or even parry and win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom