• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Investor Meeting tomorrow begins at 10am Tokyo time, which is 8pm EST

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for wario since of the Ashley assist or ganondorf because why not and he better have a sword

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sandbag would actually be ****ing hilarious imo, I wouldn't mind him one bit.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
What, is there a rumor that says Sandbag is playable?
Yeah
Yes, I am a new account. Big thing.

I work directly with Sakurai. He discuss with me characters designs, and I help him to clean up the roster. He initially wanted the game to have 60 characters, but I helped him to cut that to 49. Some of the characters we had to cut were Nintendog, that I explained him that would cause problems at the western. Well, let's see... Let's start, may we?

The Mario series is settled. Sakurai already started discussion rooms if we may or may not add other rep to the series, but only in a later game.

The Zelda series will get as a playable character Tingle. It will be revealed in next E3. He will have a moveset based on items used on the Wind Waker games, and on rupees.

The Pokémon series will get Mewtwo as a returning veteran, and will have Pokémon trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur cut. Charizard will be revealed within a random date, and Mewtwo will be revealed at the end of E3 smash trailer. Lucario is back.

The Starfox series won't change, even though Krystal will appear as an Assist Trophy.

Donkey Kong series will get a new rep, King K. Rool. Diddy Kong will be revealed in February 13th, following the release date pattern. K.Rool will be a secret character.

Ridley will appear as an Stage Hazard. Zero Suit Samus is back as never.

Kid Icarus got Palutena as an starting character and Hades as an secret character. Palutena will be revealed in a direct.

Chrom is now with Fire Emblem as an starting character, and Marth stays a secret one. Ike was cut. Chrom will be announced along at E3.

Talking with 3rd parties, as Nintendo hasn't got many support in 2014, the reps are going to be Sonic, Snake and Mega Man. Snake only stays for already having a moveset ready, that will be basically control C'ed from Brawl. He will be one of the two characters without a cartoonish look.

Meta Knight will be nerfed to stay at middle tier.

All Final Smashes but Samus's and Bowser's were changed.

Instead if Stickers now there are stamps. 200 stamps are within the game, from all represented series.

Lucas and Ness are back. Lucas will be revealed at April 20th, Mother 3's anniversary. Ness will be unlockable.

All retro characters are back too, and Takamaru joined the brawl. He has many shuriken based moves. Ice Climbers will be revealed at a random date, and all others will be secret.

Wii Fit Trainer isn't the oddball character if this game. Sakurai added the Sandbag as an starting character. It is a very unique and interesting character. Sandbag will be the next newcomer, revealed January 31st, Brawls anniversary.

Ganondorf is still a clone. He will be secretl

Sheik is still a Zelda transformation. Sheik will be revealed on an June Nintendo Direct that hypes Zelda Wii U at E3.

Captain Falcon is back too, as Wario. Wario will be revealed March 21st, three days before Mario Kart 8 release. Cpt. Falcon will be secret.

Sakurai discussed with me the addition of a Primid character, but after some discussion, her left the idea.

Paper Mario will be a newcomer. He will represent his own series. He has a unique moveset, and was added because of his unique potential. He will be revealed in August, and will be the last revealed newcomer.

The game will come out in early September.

Little Mac will be a secret character.

Mii will be revealed at May, on a Nintendo Direct.

That makes 46 characters. The other 3 are kept in secret for everyone but Sakurai and his main designer. However the rumors I heard here is that they are Dillon, Isaac and another oddball character.

There will be several new modes and features.

More coming soon, if anything happens in the planning I may warn you.

Oops, forgot Olimar.

The cuts are: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike.

Any questions please PM me. I might not be able to post so much messages...

Some answers:

Tiers are not a secret world between yourselves. Sakurai has a team just to check what words people are using.

Sandbag was added because Sakurai.

He wanted initially Nintencat, than he changed it to Nintendog, then we scrapped him. Character we would use are Shulk and Lip. Sakurai is a very strange man. He insisted on adding Groose, but I decided Tingle would satisfy him and wouldn't put the Fanbase in fire. Seriously, they should hire someone else.

Well, great enough. The stages aren't exactly my area, but I got knowing that Zelda's Temple is back. Other stages that are back are New Pork City and Pirate Ship. New stages are coded right here on my computer as Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3.

Assist Trophies include Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa and Bass.

I would type more, but have to work now.
it sux by the way

Sandbag? I hope to god that rumor gets deconfirmed, don't want a Smash original character to be in the game.
Lol the rumor also says that a Primid character was considered at one point

Last edited by a moderator:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nintendo should do something. Wii U is already labeled a failure and Nintendo is reporting losses.

Croco

Smash Lord
Nintendo should do something. Wii U is already labeled a failure and Nintendo is reporting losses.
They should have dropped a bomb right after the losses happened.
Watch that they pull.. 'Nintendo Directs are officially canceled due to company loss'

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not going to get my hopes up. I learned long ago it doesn't help to do that.

Off-topic, @ that rumor up there. I actually LOVE the roster choices. It's so fake it's not even funny. (The ****ing poster mentions tiers.) But I'd honestly love it. Except for, y'know, that whole cutting Ike thing. Oh well. Onward!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Is there any actual evidence that we'll get a Direct or some kind of event this Friday?

I work directly with Sakurai.
Oh God, and people seriously believe these fake leaks...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
If they don't do a Nintendo Direct and announce at the least some new games/marketing strategy/business decisions, I'd be extremely surprised.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wii U's being labeled a failure by sensationalist gaming sites and PS4/Xbone early-adopters...so...we know who's wrong here.

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
The thing is,3ds picked up after a year. Also it didn't have competition outside the vita. It managed to get 1st and 3rd party support, Wii u has no 3rd party, and the ps4 is already about to pass it
To say that the 3ds didn't have competition besides the vita is absolute bs. People were doomsaying the product back in its first year of launch because no one thought that a handheld gaming device could compete with smartphones.

3DS just needed the right software, and it got it eventually. If you don't think the same is true for the wii u (Zelda, smash bros, mario kart, etc) then you're nuts. Sure Nintendo is never going to be able to compete with Sony and Microsoft (due to unpopularity and lack of 3rd party support), but that doesn't make them a failure. They have two very different markets and if one is more popular than the other it doesn't mean a company can't be successful and profitable.

And if I'm completely wrong and Wii U flops as bad as everyone says it will then just come back to this thread and take a glance: http://gimmegimmegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nintendoprofits.jpg

TL;DR: It's off-topic anyways. supa hopeful and pumped for this nintendo direct

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nintendo is reporting billions in loss. It is a failure. But Nintendo has a potential plan. They can offer Nintendo games as downloads on phones, pads, touchscreens, ect. Because Nintendo owns its products, it doesn't have to pay a licensing fee (which Sony and Microsoft would have to do for many games), so mostly profit.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Nintendo is reporting billions in loss. It is a failure. But Nintendo has a potential plan. They can offer Nintendo games as downloads on phones, pads, touchscreens, ect. Because Nintendo owns its products, it doesn't have to pay a licensing fee (which Sony and Microsoft would have to do for many games), so mostly profit.
But they won't resort to that. They believe Mario is a full game and its something you can only receive on one of their innovative consoles. They wouldn't ever develop or port to a system that wasn't their own.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
People saying the Wii U is a failure and that Nintendo has been receiving serious net losses obviously don't know that the Wii U (despite struggling) still turned up a profit. They just aren't expecting nearly as much sales now for 2014. System still isn't a failure, but still needs some heavy lifting if they want to make a profit this year. Smash, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, and Bayonetta may not be enough. Here's hoping for some surprise holiday titles to show up like Pokémon X / Y, 3D World, and Link Between Worlds for the Wii U during this year in future Nintendo Directs (and hopefully this one if it does end up existing).

But anyways,
@ current topic
Pretty much debunked now, as the only claim it had for us to believe a Nintendo Direct this month was possible has no confirmed that it is basically a trailer on IGN's website.

Top Bottom