• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Investor Meeting tomorrow begins at 10am Tokyo time, which is 8pm EST

Kef

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the link Rosa.

Reading a bit of the Social thread, this twitter is the one getting constantly updated:
- https://twitter.com/gibbogame

Apparently, Bayonetta 2, "X", Mario Kart 8, and Smash are all set to be released in the summer.

kylexv

Smash Master

Reading a bit of the Social thread, this twitter is the one getting constantly updated:

Apparently, Bayonetta 2, "X", Mario Kart 8, and Smash are all set to be released in the summer.
I thought that Mario Kart 8 was set to release in the spring though. Hopefully they didn't delay it.
EDIT: Read it more. May is good enough for me.

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace

"X"...to be released in the summer.
X...to be released in the summer.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I thought that Mario Kart 8 was set to release in the spring though. Hopefully they didn't delay it.
I thought so too, which maybe they meant "before the summer ends"?

Who knows, apparently, people are already misinterpreting and having arguments over the real translations/info about this meeting. Which means, take the Q2 with a bucket of salt until we have concrete info about this.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Well if Kart isn't till May then Smash is probably not till the Holidays with the way Nintendo is spacing stuff out.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why would anyone want Smash to come out this summer? The longer the game is in development, the less characters need to be cut from the final roster.

Well if Kart isn't till May then Smash is probably not till the Holidays with the way Nintendo is spacing stuff out.
Not a snowballs chance in hell Smash is coming out during the Holidays. The system won't last a 3rd Holiday, especially after E3, with systems like the PS4 making a killing some of the most heavily anticipated games emerging.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Not a snowballs chance in hell Smash is coming out during the Holidays. The system won't last a 3rd Holiday, especially after E3, with systems like the PS4 making a killing some of the most heavily anticipated games emerging.
NIntendo is not giving any indications it'll be out before the holidays.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
They're having their meeting now. I think it's tomorow in Japan lol

I found this from a link on that guys twitter, you can keep up with the updates here : https://twitter.com/gibbogame

This is on Mario Kart, and potentially an upcoming Nintendo Direct (google translated so excuse it's flaws and try and read between the lines)

"In addition, deployment and specific plans for each title, for the introduction of a new title in the future, we will continue to tell through opportunities such as Nintendo Direct, but the axis of the Wii U this year, "Mario Kart 8", closing Briefing reference materials (link to a bunch of numbers and stats) I have been described as spring 2014 release in 6 page, but I decided to in May in the worldwide market. I believe that in order to make the upcoming here, "Mario Kart 8" sale would like to avoid one-shot event."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/140130/02.html

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why would anyone want Smash to come out this summer? The longer the game is in development, the less characters need to be cut from the final roster.
Yeah, because Brawl didn't cut anyone from the final roster despite being delayed not once but twice. :troll:

Reznor

work in progress
I agree in fact we should wait till 2016 for Smash 4 so we can get a ton of characters

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least knowing what month Mario Kart 8 will be expecting its release is good. However, May's also the month that I'll have to tend to some family business, so I just hope that the release occurs "after" my family business has been taken care of.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Heaven virtual console
What is happening in my pants and why are they wet

The roster is already finalized.

Seriously, how long do you believe it takes to make these games? The development of Brawl has absolutely nothing to do with the development time for this game.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Wow... my family gonna be taking a trip aborad over Summer in a third world country... so if it's released in summer.... blehhhh

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
The roster is already finalized.

Seriously, how long do you believe it takes to make these games? The development of Brawl has absolutely nothing to do with the development time for this game.
This. And anyway, if any characters were happened to be cut, they could always be added as DLC later.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
SSE was a thing in Brawl.
And now since it's not, and with the game having been in development for quite some time along with a bigger work force, deciding the roster a lot earlier, etc.....

Don't you think all that extra time/work went into making the game generally better, PLUS adding all the characters they wanted.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Can I just bring up the point that SSE might have been dropped but they're now having to make TWO games, with at least two separate sets of trophies and stages, Niko?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Can I just bring up the point that SSE might have been dropped but they're now having to make TWO games, with at least two separate sets of trophies and stages, Niko?
I just hope that this game is solid, I don't even care about what characters get in (although I REALLY REALLY WANT THEM), as long as they're unique, I'll accept them, such as Rosalina. The gameplay comes first!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wow... my family gonna be taking a trip aborad over Summer in a third world country... so if it's released in summer.... blehhhh
Depends on where you're going. I was born and raised on a "Thirld-World" country. I was able to buy Brawl the day before it released in the US and I was able to play a pirated Japanese Brawl (on a one sided disc which only had multiplayer on it, didn't have any of the single player modes) on a hacked Japanese Wii about a week after Brawl released in Japan and it only cost me about a 30 minute trip and 100 pesos which back then was about 3 and a half bucks (and there was no time limit on how much you could play although you did have to take turns, but lucky me the place was empty when I got there so I was just playing the guys who owned the business).

Just some other examples out of the top of my head. We were able to watch The Avengers movie about 3 months before US did. And we got many American version of Wii games like Mario Kart Wii weeks before the US did (we got it the same day EU did, so about 2 and a half weeks before US even though our version WAS the American version).

Sometimes it helps being in a country were international business rules and laws sometimes are not taken into account :).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's only a quote from Forbes, but this is the more interesting part of the meeting.
- Iwata says they’re willing to license more Nintendo characters to outside parties. I’m assuming this means for 3rd party devs to work with Nintendo to make games for the Wii U and 3DS, not for like, merchandising rights or having their games go cross-console. This would result in more games from more franchises, but if they’re not being designed by Nintendo directly, their quality could suffer. Still, this may be necessary to speed up their release timetables.
Does this mean more new games from old IPs are coming? Or does it mean they will allow Nintendo characters to be in third party games like costumes for Chrom and Lucina and Link in Soul Calibur?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It's only a quote from Forbes, but this is the more interesting part of the meeting.

Does this mean more new games from old IPs are coming? Or does it mean they will allow Nintendo characters to be in third party games like costumes for Chrom and Lucina and Link in Soul Calibur?
Banjo-Kazooie and Conker 4 Smash :troll: if only lol.

Top Bottom