• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Investor Meeting tomorrow begins at 10am Tokyo time, which is 8pm EST

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Jools Watsham from Renegade Kid has told his fans on Twitter that he has been busy preparing a playable demo of Cult County for a press event which is supposed to take place at the end of the month. Nintendo hasn’t confirmed that it’s holding a press event or a Nintendo Direct for the end of the month, but hopefully we will hear something soon.

We are finalizing a playable demo of our (new?) FPS on 3DS. It’s pretty stellar. Hoping it’ll be part of a press event at the end of Jan.
:)

If true it could have super smash bros related news..Thought id post it here.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/12/nintendo-planning-press-event-for-end-of-january/

29 Jan 2014
Nintendo results briefing tomorrow begins at 10am Tokyo time, which is 8pm EST,.

Nintendo’s Investor Meeting Takes Place at 8PM EST Tomorrow - See more at:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendos-investor-meeting-takes-place-at-8pm-est-tomorrow#.UumtE_ldXCc

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Who knows, maybe we'll have more smash videos to mull over for a month or two

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can see good ol' Sakurai having something cooked up for this event one way or the other. But since no major game releases will be around that time, who know what we'll see there (if Sakurai does in fact have something.)

Staarih

Smash Master
Sounds interesting. Not sure what the nature of this event is going to be like, but if it's something like Nintendo Direct or sorts, we might get some videos, in which case it would be a newcomer trailer or then just some generic game play footage - IF Smash Bros is even included. Hopefully we get something though!

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Sounds interesting. Not sure what the nature of this event is going to be like, but if it's something like Nintendo Direct or sorts, we might get some videos, in which case it would be a newcomer trailer or then just some generic game play footage - IF Smash Bros is even included. Hopefully we get something though!
I seriously doubt we will get another newcomer trailer considering that we got one last month, but yet again, it's Sakurai so who knows

LF2K

Floor Diver
January 21st happens to be the 15th anniversary of a certain Nintendo 64 game ...:smirk:

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
Hype train is now boarding, please keep your hype and dollars inside the ride at all times

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If there is a confrence on that day very high chance of character 22

21st is the smash bros 64 anniversary and it's the 15th

And this is at the end of the month like the rumor said and suprise suprise smash bros brawl japan anniversary is also at the end of January (the 31st)

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
If smash is included maybe we'll get another newcomer and maybe even a release date.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Release Date plus the most wanted character of all time.........TAMAGOTCHI!!!!!

Seriously though, a newcomer plus a release date would be great! But i doubt will get a release date. lol (Thats somehow more unlikely then even a character reveal.)

Ryuma

Smash Rookie
If they are going to metion the release date, then I think they will just tell us which season.

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna hype myself up for this as I could be disappointed in the end. But, if we get some Smash news, then that would be great. I'm just not gonna expect it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If its the anniversary, then they gotta celebrate it with SOME-thing, outside of the obligatory "Thank you for your love and support over the last 15 years."

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah Nintendo is meeting with his investors the 22nd or 23rd of this month (I can't remember which), so hopefully we'll have a Direct of the new games coming this year before that. It's very possible, apparently.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well...remember, that one "leak" said that the Sandbag would be revealed as a newcomer on Jan. 31. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well...remember, that one "leak" said that the Sandbag would be revealed as a newcomer on Jan. 31. :troll:
It is now time for the moment of truth; that leak was so believable, this will be the event where we can finally officially confirm that the leak is real (even though we hardly need confirmation, it is just so damn legit). :awesome:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "Now we look Sandbag's B, it is Self Destruct! killing everyone on the stage. I hope... you enjoy this!"

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai: "Now we look Sandbag's B, it is Self Destruct! killing everyone on the stage. I hope... you enjoy this!"
"It is very important to balance characters like this, we do not want to have this one-hit kill move disrupt the roster. So we decided to implement a new mechanic for Sandbag, he does not have the ability to move. This is very interesting and unique. I hope... you enjoy this!"

pitthekit

Smash Ace
hmmm if the game is going to be released in 2014 then more veterans will have to be revealed... or smash will come out in like 21 months ( assuming sakurai releases one character per month)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna let myself get too hyped... I'm not gonna let myself get too hyped... I'm not gonna let myself get too hyped... I'm not gonna let myself get too hyped.............. I'm gonna let myself get a little hyped.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
remember there not going to celebrate are 15 anniversary it be japan 15 on the 31st that imp to sakurai

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
"It is very important to balance characters like this, we do not want to have this one-hit kill move disrupt the roster. So we decided to implement a new mechanic for Sandbag, he does not have the ability to move. This is very interesting and unique. I hope... you enjoy this!"
Just keep his mobility the same as in Melee. Problem solved. :troll:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ui hope it is iwata admitting that he is a cancer to nintendo and is resigning. Then we get a new CEO who is qualified to run a business as big as nintendo.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ui hope it is iwata admitting that he is a cancer to nintendo and is resigning. Then we get a new CEO who is qualified to run a business as big as nintendo.
I hope you get cancer. Yeah, how's that feel?

Top Bottom