• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Investor Meeting tomorrow begins at 10am Tokyo time, which is 8pm EST

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Really? It is literally the release date that is going to be announced? Or are you just speculating... :confused:
I think he was just joking that the 21st January (Smash 15th anniversary) is the release date of the game, and they'll just go "Oh, bai teh wai, Supah Smash Brathars, for Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS is out... now"

That would honestly be funny as ****.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think he was just joking that the 21st January (Smash 15th anniversary) is the release date of the game, and they'll just go "Oh, bai teh wai, Supah Smash Brathars, for Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS is out... now"

It That would honestly be funny as ****.
Oh... I get it now.

Joke

Head.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What do you mean the conference is "non-Nintendo"?

Apparently people have money for the PS4 and Xbox One... which are more expensive than the Wii U. :troll:

Pokemon Bank... Smash 15th year anniversary... hmmm? :039::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff64::jigglypuff:

The conference the guy mentions does not have Nintendo at it at all he said.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Morbid, I didn't read that anywhere in the OP or the link. Where was it?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well I hope for a worldwide direct with a newcomer :p or I be happy with a release date

Maha Ishaq

Smash Cadet
Jools Watsham from Renegade Kid has told his fans on Twitter that he has been busy preparing a playable demo of Cult County for a press event which is supposed to take place at the end of the month. Nintendo hasn’t confirmed that it’s holding a press event or a Nintendo Direct for the end of the month, but hopefully we will hear something soon.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why do you people want a release day so bad=???

Do you just want the first of 2 or 3 delays to get done early=??? :troll:
I want this to be a thing.
If it becomes a thread (the remainder of the 4 unconfirmed Smash 64 characters - Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Ness - are confirmed at an event), then we should flood Sakurai and pals with "thank you" messages on Twitter and Miiverse.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why do you people want a release day so bad=???

Do you just want the first of 2 or 3 delays to get done early=??? :troll:

If it becomes a thread (the remainder of the 4 unconfirmed Smash 64 characters - Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Ness - are confirmed at an event), then we should flood Sakurai and pals with "thank you" messages on Twitter and Miiverse.
Yes, pretty much. The sooner we get a release date, the sooner we get our first delay. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, pretty much. The sooner we get a release date, the sooner we get our first delay. :awesome:
One down, only 2 to 5 to go!!!!

And if we get 7, EVERYONE GETS FREE COLD STONE $10 GIFT CARDS!!!! :shades:

(btw, I got like 5 of those. I keep asking people to come with me to Cold Stones, but no one ever does) :(

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
One down, only 2 to 5 to go!!!!

And if we get 7, EVERYONE GETS FREE COLD STONE $10 GIFT CARDS!!!! :shades:

(btw, I got like 5 of those. I keep asking people to come with me to Cold Stones, but no one ever does) :(
I would if i was in norcal. Don't let it get to you, they're just jelly of your hat :cool:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So yeah, at the earliest, I think E3 will reveal the release date*

*subject to be changed
I would if i was in norcal. Don't let it get to you, they're just jelly of your hat :cool:
It's not that people don't want to hang with me, it's that none of them can handle the fattening nature of Cold Stone Ice Cream like I can!!! :rotfl:

(that and they don't know of their yogurt ice cream, particularly strawberry flavor, which is AMAZING!!!)

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's a BIG reveal (Ridley pun)!
Sakurai always trolls you. I've got secret information from a friend of the mother of a Namco Bandai employee who's friend is working on SSB4. King K.Rool will be the big reveal ;) (poor Namco Bandai people always reading stuff they never said)

Honestly I have to say King K.Rool would be cool for the Nintendo Direct. They could implement something like: "In DKCR, he has been left out. In DKC:TF he won't have his comeback. Therefore he will have his revenge in SSB4!"

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I'm confused,where does it confirm that Nintendo is doing something? All I see is speculation.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Usually Nintendo Directs are announced a day before they're actually happening. I like them for that, it gives me some excitement for something to come and delivers so soon.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, they did one last year for the year of Luigi. So most likely we will see shortly.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
The Wii u is a failure, the Wii only got by on Wii fit and motion controls. Nintendo's systems at inferior to Sony in nearly every way. Believe it or not, every game genre that nintendo has is also on Playstation, nintendo doesn't have anything going for Wii u.

Nintendo's handhelds are the only thing they have going for them at the moment. Can't wait for iwata to sink nintendo deeper to the point of going 3rd party
Sony has hardware, nintendo has IPs everyone loves and microsoft has you're wallet

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, after publicly cutting their expectations of Wii U hardware sales by more than half, and turning the majority of the internet even more into the "Nintendo is doomed!11!!!" mindset (even among some Nintendo fans, now =/) I would not at all be surprised that they have some kind of press event planned.

They've got to get people excited. Not really hyping a SSB character here, though. They revealed Rosalina at the last one, which was the first new character we've seen since the E3 Nintendo Direct.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
They need to reveal Smash Kart :p

But seriously, after Mario Kart 8 and ideas are running slim, that would be so amazing.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
They need to reveal Smash Kart :p

But seriously, after Mario Kart 8 and ideas are running slim, that would be so amazing.
Next time, Mario Kart will just get a story mode like Diddy Kong Racing for N64 :p I have to say I would not really be excited for a Smash Kart/Nintendo Kart. I can't imagine Link fitting in a kart because his games are more Middle Age like. Same goes for Fire Emblem characters. I also feel like Pikachu sitting in a kart looks just strange. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the idea of a Nintendo Kart instead of Mario Kart. Mario Kart can expand in terms of character putting more DK characters in, more characters from Luigi's Mansion, characters from the WarioWare games and characters from Yoshi series. These would all be series somehow connected to the Mario universe where we have already characters from these series in the roster. Some of these franchises even have already a second representant or even more in Mario Kart. (DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong; Yoshi: Yoshi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach; Luigi's Mansion: Luigi, King Boo)

Just my two points on the topic of Nintendo Kart/Smash Kart.

b2t: I could imagine a Nintendo Direct by the end of this month, but will it really be a worldwide one or a region based one. We'll see.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Next time, Mario Kart will just get a story mode like Diddy Kong Racing for N64 :p I have to say I would not really be excited for a Smash Kart/Nintendo Kart. I can't imagine Link fitting in a kart because his games are more Middle Age like. Same goes for Fire Emblem characters. I also feel like Pikachu sitting in a kart looks just strange. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the idea of a Nintendo Kart instead of Mario Kart. Mario Kart can expand in terms of character putting more DK characters in, more characters from Luigi's Mansion, characters from the WarioWare games and characters from Yoshi series. These would all be series somehow connected to the Mario universe where we have already characters from these series in the roster. Some of these franchises even have already a second representant or even more in Mario Kart. (DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong; Yoshi: Yoshi, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach; Luigi's Mansion: Luigi, King Boo)

Just my two points on the topic of Nintendo Kart/Smash Kart.

b2t: I could imagine a Nintendo Direct by the end of this month, but will it really be a worldwide one or a region based one. We'll see.
Dunno about you, but I can see pikachu being inside a car like this:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Know what!? Screw the Karts!

Link gets Epona!
Pikachu rides an Onix!
Wario gets his bike!
Toon Link rides the KoRL!
Captain Falcon gets the Blue Falcon!
and Olimar is carried by a herd of Pikmin!

GENIUS

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Know what!? Screw the Karts!

Link gets Epona!
Pikachu rides an Onix!
Wario gets his bike!
Toon Link rides the KoRL!
Captain Falcon gets the Blue Falcon!
and Olimar is carried by a herd of Pikmin!

GENIUS
How are you ment to drift around on a horse?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
C'mon just gotta use a bit of horsepower ! ....

ew sorry.

Idk maybe it'll wear the shoes Sonic wears or something ... or fly on a loftwing.
Link riding Epona riding a Loftwing?

Top Bottom