• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Investor Meeting tomorrow begins at 10am Tokyo time, which is 8pm EST

nessokman

Smash Lord
I hope you get cancer. Yeah, how's that feel?
??? I never said I hope he gets cancer. Iwata is killing nintendo, all this recent decline and failure of the Wii u is his fault. Nintendo will go under if he doesn't leave.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
??? I never said I hope he gets cancer. Iwata is killing nintendo, all this recent decline and failure of the Wii u is his fault. Nintendo will go under if he doesn't leave.
I'm sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate well into text. Especially when cancer is involved.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate well into text. Especially when cancer is involved.
Yeah, I don't kid around or sarcastically hope someone gets cancer, it's a serious thing. I do say things are a cancer, as in a harming force.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Wow, this the biggest load of garbage I've ever read. I seriously hope you're trolling... else I'm going to have to start doubting the future of humanity. :p

nessokman

Smash Lord
Wow, this the biggest load of garbage I've ever read. I seriously hope you're trolling... else I'm going to have to start doubting the future of humanity. :p
The Wii u is a failure, the Wii only got by on Wii fit and motion controls. Nintendo's systems at inferior to Sony in nearly every way. Believe it or not, every game genre that nintendo has is also on Playstation, nintendo doesn't have anything going for Wii u.

Nintendo's handhelds are the only thing they have going for them at the moment. Can't wait for iwata to sink nintendo deeper to the point of going 3rd party

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
The Wii u is a failure, the Wii only got by on Wii fit and motion controls. Nintendo's systems at inferior to Sony in nearly every way. Believe it or not, every game genre that nintendo has is also on Playstation, nintendo doesn't have anything going for Wii u.

Nintendo's handhelds are the only thing they have going for them at the moment. Can't wait for iwata to sink nintendo deeper to the point of going 3rd party
Yes, the Wii U is a total failure. That's why it's still selling. :rolleyes:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you guys are going to argue about the Wii U, please take it here.

Also is this thread needed? The possible Direct the article refers to hasn't even been announced yet. The hype train will come soon enough.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I need some indifference boosters because I keep getting excited about any slight possibility like this.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The 3ds is a failure, the ds only got by on mario kart and nsmb. Nintendo's systems are inferior to Sony in nearly every way. Believe it or not, every game genre that nintendo has is also on Vita, nintendo doesn't have anything going for 3ds.
Funny, a year or two ago, arguments looked just like this. Now look at the 3ds.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Funny, a year or two ago, arguments looked just like this. Now look at the 3ds.
The thing is,3ds picked up after a year. Also it didn't have competition outside the vita. It managed to get 1st and 3rd party support, Wii u has no 3rd party, and the ps4 is already about to pass it

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The thing is,3ds picked up after a year. Also it didn't have competition outside the vita. It managed to get 1st and 3rd party support, Wii u has no 3rd party, and the ps4 is already about to pass it
The wii u still outsold the xbox, and numbers are only going to increase from now on due to the console now being available in china. Not to mention high profile titles like mario kart, zelda, and smash bros aren't even out yet. Once Wii U gets some really good exclusives (outside of 3d world) and fails even after those game, then you can call it a failure.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys, cool it on the flaming and trolling. As --- mentioned, please discuss about the Wii U in the thread he posted. That's not to say Wii U is forbidden here but please keep violate topics or commentary out of this thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not really expecting anything big to be mentioned for this so-called press event. We might get some final updates regarding Tropical Freeze, but not much, if anything, regarding Smash Bros..

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Every time we say that, we get something.
If it's a major, world wide direct? Yeah, we'll get something. Every world wide direct we've gotten so far has had a character reveal. (Luigi, Sonic, Rosalina)
However, if it isn't world wide, then we won't be getting any news. The October direct, for example, didn't happen in Japan.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Nintendo's systems are superior because they play Nintendo games, plain and simple.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Nintendo's systems are superior because they play Nintendo games, plain and simple.
Because only nintendo games matter, there totally isn't a huge selection of 3rd party games exclusive to playstation and xbox

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It's interesting how people say Iwata needs to be fired, but it's because of him that Nintendo raked in the profits from 2006-2011 with DS and Wii. And even then, Nintendo turned a profit last year even with a struggling console that is Wii U. I don't think someone should lose their job just because of one mistake in regards to a console. Yeah, the 3DS had its first few months of struggles but Iwata had made sure that it would turn around and doing their new handheld right.

People fail to understand that Nintendo's always had issues with their home consoles since N64. Even when the Wii was a huge success, 3rd parties looked at it to make a quick buck by pushing out shovelware and crap games that don't make use of the Wiimote well. They wanted in on the action even though they have had a dismissive attitude with Wii. When they rolled out the "core" games, it was too little, too late. 2009 is when you saw the big publishers rolling out the core games people had wanted on Wii for a long time. 3 years too late. Those people already moved on to the other competing consoles. And thus, 3rd parties blamed Nintendo when it was Nintendo and the very few 3rd parties making fantastic games and making use of limitations and just creating a great product. You can't have your Cake and your pie.

Wii U is a brilliant concept that unfortunately looks like its life will be cut short. The poor decisions and neglect, not only by 3rd parties but even Nintendo is astonishing. Nintendo royally screwed up with the Wii U (advertising, drought, not rallying 3rd parties as much as they should) and I hope they learn from this here on out. The DS was always the best platform to get your Nintendo games among other great hits and so it made the 3DS a more appealing brand than the Wii did to Wii U.

Again, Iwata should not be fired. I just think he needs to really do some more research and figure out a way to the make their home consoles the best it can be just as they have made their handhelds.

Mario 3D Land did not save the 3DS. It was that and Mario Kart 7 a month after. I think things could have been a bit more different had MK8 released in December for Wii U.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I hope it's a BIG reveal (Ridley pun)!

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Where is it confirmed that Nintendo is actually doing something? I saw this same thing posted on NeoGaf and the guy doing the tweet said he did not mention Nintendo in any way.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If its the anniversary, then they gotta celebrate it with SOME-thing, outside of the obligatory "Thank you for your love and support over the last 15 years."
"Here's the characters that have been in all the games since 1999."

:nessmelee::falconmelee::jigglypuffmelee::yoshimelee:

That would be amazing.

Plus, it would shut the Jigglypuff-hating scrubs up, who apparently don't know what Smash 64 or Melee Jigglypuff is.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm really not expecting anything Smash Bros. related. Maybe a release date for Mario Kart 8 finally.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The 15-year anniversary for Smash is close to the end of the month, when this supposed Direct would be, and Smash has received mention and a confirmation of something new (or old; but you know what I mean, haha) in every Direct since Luigi's reveal, if not since it's official unveiling at E3. So to believe that we'd be getting nothing SM4SH-related and expecting nothing SM4SH-related is kinda asinine, in my opinion.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The 15-year anniversary for Smash is close to the end of the month, when this supposed Direct would be, and Smash has received mention and a confirmation of something new (or old; but you know what I mean, haha) in every Direct since Luigi's reveal, if not since it's official unveiling at E3. So to believe that we'd be getting nothing SM4SH-related and expecting nothing SM4SH-related is kinda asinine, in my opinion.
There wasn't anything Smash related in the November Direct.

Maha Ishaq

Smash Cadet
Last year, Nintendo dropped megatons, with a sublime Nintendo direct revealing mega title such as Monolith Soft’s X, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Yoshi’s Epic Yarn and Wind Waker HD. Many fans are waiting for another covenant Nintendo direct at the same scale of last January’s.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Smash Bros 4 news would be great to hear, maybe a planned release date will be announced or another character announcement, then again i'm sounding too wishful here. But here's hoping they tell us when Pokemon Bank is releasing as well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last year, Nintendo dropped megatons, with a sublime Nintendo direct revealing mega title such as Monolith Soft’s X, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Yoshi’s Epic Yarn and Wind Waker HD. Many fans are waiting for another covenant Nintendo direct at the same scale of last January’s.
So Nintendo's showing Halo :troll:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I could say the same bout anyone. The failiure of Wii U is people not buying. Alot of people wouldve liked to but dont have the money.

Also, if you like Sony so much, go over to there forums and ***** about Nintendo. They'll listen. We won't.

And please. There as several 3rd Party titles on the Wii U. May not be an overload, but saying thre are none is false.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's interesting how people say Iwata needs to be fired, but it's because of him that Nintendo raked in the profits from 2006-2011 with DS and Wii. And even then, Nintendo turned a profit last year even with a struggling console that is Wii U. I don't think someone should lose their job just because of one mistake in regards to a console. Yeah, the 3DS had its first few months of struggles but Iwata had made sure that it would turn around and doing their new handheld right.

People fail to understand that Nintendo's always had issues with their home consoles since N64. Even when the Wii was a huge success, 3rd parties looked at it to make a quick buck by pushing out shovelware and crap games that don't make use of the Wiimote well. They wanted in on the action even though they have had a dismissive attitude with Wii. When they rolled out the "core" games, it was too little, too late. 2009 is when you saw the big publishers rolling out the core games people had wanted on Wii for a long time. 3 years too late. Those people already moved on to the other competing consoles. And thus, 3rd parties blamed Nintendo when it was Nintendo and the very few 3rd parties making fantastic games and making use of limitations and just creating a great product. You can't have your Cake and your pie.

Wii U is a brilliant concept that unfortunately looks like its life will be cut short. The poor decisions and neglect, not only by 3rd parties but even Nintendo is astonishing. Nintendo royally screwed up with the Wii U (advertising, drought, not rallying 3rd parties as much as they should) and I hope they learn from this here on out. The DS was always the best platform to get your Nintendo games among other great hits and so it made the 3DS a more appealing brand than the Wii did to Wii U.

Again, Iwata should not be fired. I just think he needs to really do some more research and figure out a way to the make their home consoles the best it can be just as they have made their handhelds.

Mario 3D Land did not save the 3DS. It was that and Mario Kart 7 a month after. I think things could have been a bit more different had MK8 released in December for Wii U.
Problem is, knowing the Wii was an aberration given their history in the console market, Iwata did nothing to prepare the Wii U from avoiding the same fate as the Gamecube and N64. Despite all of his protests and promises of learning from their mistakes -- never mind the fact they faced the same issue a year prior with the 3DS -- the Wii U has fallen into the same problems plaguing its predecessors. Iwata is a great creative mind and has done a lot to help develop Nintendo's internal studios, but in the realm of business he has absolutely mismanaged their home console strategy; and Nintendo does not have the luxury of there only being one other competitor like with the Vita and 3DS, but they have to contend with both Microsoft and Sony. None of this means Iwata should be fired, only that he should be placed back into a Miyamoto role while someone with a savvier and progressive view of the tech industry tries to steer their home console strategy back on course -- which, by the way, doesn't mean trying to become Sony or Microsoft lite.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The 15th anniversary is next Tuesday and that will be around the time Nintendo typically does a Nintendo Direct during the month anyways so there's a decent chance something will be shown. I doubt it will be onto scale with something like a new trailer though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So apparently the conference is non nintendo :(. Still hoping for sandbag on the 31st though

Morbi

Scavenger
So apparently the conference is non nintendo :(. Still hoping for sandbag on the 31st though
What do you mean the conference is "non-Nintendo"?

I could say the same bout anyone. The failiure of Wii U is people not buying. Alot of people wouldve liked to but dont have the money.

Also, if you like Sony so much, go over to there forums and ***** about Nintendo. They'll listen. We won't.

And please. There as several 3rd Party titles on the Wii U. May not be an overload, but saying thre are none is false.
Apparently people have money for the PS4 and Xbox One... which are more expensive than the Wii U. :troll:

Smash Bros 4 news would be great to hear, maybe a planned release date will be announced or another character announcement, then again i'm sounding too wishful here. But here's hoping they tell us when Pokemon Bank is releasing as well.
Pokemon Bank... Smash 15th year anniversary... hmmm? :039::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff64::jigglypuff:

Top Bottom