• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - 9/23/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm gonna clear my schedule for the 5th
Also Jack Black as Bowser and Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong are both 11/10 casting choices, Chris Pratt as Mario not so much.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Some people may be unhappy no Smash reveal today

But we got a confirmed date. And a final, FINAL confirmation that this is the last DLC character.

No more "It'll be TGA/End of the year!" doomposting, it's 11 days.

Let's all chillax, and embrace the end.
Let's shake hands, my friend.

For while the end is near, but that doesn't mean we can't relax til then.

🤝

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well despite no Smash reveal, there were a couple of interesting titles shown that caught my interest which include Chocobo GP and Bayonetta 3.

I think I will give my thoughts of the casting and the Mario film once the Social thread reopens.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Some people may be unhappy no Smash reveal today

But we got a confirmed date. And a final, FINAL confirmation that this is the last DLC character.

No more "It'll be TGA/End of the year!" doomposting, it's 11 days.

Let's all chillax, and embrace the end.
Actually the real victory from this is we don't have people saying Nahobino is a lock cos "muh VGA reveal". I think it's good we can rule that out at least.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I don't care about no Smash, all I need to know il if it was Vergil or not at the end of the Bayo 3 trailer. Also, Bayo 3 trailer poooooopopoooog!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Behold the results of my Bingo card. I'll get a line yet, I tell ya what...
sep_2021_direct_bingo_results.png
Anyway, time to go make some gumbo. That presentation made me pretty hungry.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Kirby in detroit
Don’t gotta wait for December for smash to end
Splatoon: Rise of the furries
JACK BLACK BOWSER?
BANJO MOTHER ****ING KAZOOIE ON THE MOTHER ****ING SWITCH??

View attachment 331344
Congrat for getting your boy Banjo back on Switch, partner.

That was quite unexpected I must say.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Actually the real victory from this is we don't have people saying Nahobino is a lock cos "muh VGA reveal". I think it's good we can rule that out at least.
The way SMTV was promoted in this Direct makes me doubt Nahobino even harder. SMTV should be a bigger focus if they want to promote it so much.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
What about that chocobo game when’s that coming out? I gotta start being poor and stupid!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Noipoi Noipoi , you were crying your own eye at how we'd have to say farewell due to the last presentation, and guess what happened? There was a date reveal, October 5th. So can we cherish the last moments while we can?

I feel like the last DLC fighter is either going to make or break the game. Remember Bayonetta in Smash 4? Yeah...

Ivander

Smash Legend
2 More Weeks! :demon: I mean, I did call that possibility of no direct reveal, but an announcement for the next Sakurai Presents.

That aside, I thought it was a good Direct. Had trailers for games I'm interested in and some neat surprises too, especially the Square Enix games and Sega Genesis Switch Online titles.

Also, the frickin' cast choices for the Mario movie. Especially Jack Black for Bowser. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

You know what? Thank GOD the last character will be revealed in 2 Tuesdays. Now I can say what 5 games I can see being in CP11 since I never got around to doing it in the next 11 days.

kylexv

Smash Master
Quick Direct Thoughts:

• Kind of weird to open the direct with Monster Hunter Rise DLC of all things
  • The first 3D Kirby game...ever just got revealed. Very excited to check this one out when it launches (Apparently this got leaked? Someone, please elaborate)
  • Mario Golf update was expected. Too bad nobody cares about that game anymore.
  • The leaked Castlevania collection getting shadowdropped was pretty interesting.
  • A bit bummed that we didn't get the Smash reveal, but I'm glad we got a concrete date that's less than 2 weeks away
  • Splatoon 3 news was expected but quite welcome.
  • We FINALLY see Bayonetta 3 footage after almost 4 years. Although I don't like the new voice for Bayo....
Overall slightly above average. Knew it wasn't going to be as good as the E3 direct going in so I'm not terribly surprised. There's nothing I'm overly ecstatic about, but also nothing that really disappointed me.

...Oh, and the Mario Movie news was the most elaborate ****post I've ever seen. Was laughing my ass off the entire time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm just saying, very interesting that smash was used to Segway into Kirby. Probably means nothing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom