• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - 9/23/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly regardless of who it ends up being, I don't think I can find it within myself to be upset. Sakurai and his team truly went above and beyond with this game's roster, and I can't not be grateful for that. Even if only two of my most wanted characters made it in.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna be sticking around in the thread in case of last minute spoilers, just wanted to say hi at the potential moment of truth. Grinch leak, Chair leak, Mallow costume leak, all the speculation and crazy theories we've come up with... It's been fun. Good luck everyone!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm likely not gonna be present during the actual direct. The moment it starts, I'm moving to my bed. I might not even comment on the actual reveal until tomorrow since I do plan on sleeping afterwards.... Assuming I can sleep. I guess we'll see

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
As part of Challenger Pack 11...
Gilgamesh stands the test of time! No, not the dimension-hopping Gilgamesh, the other Gilgamesh!

I'll reiterate that I'm really interested in seeing what kind of third party stuff show up in this direct. Especially since I have the feeling that Nintendo will not just give a lot of screentime to percieved shovelware, but also since if Nintendo places a specific importance on specific third party corps it's going to be likely for the long haul.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am pretty much guaranteed to not get my most wanted, though I'd be happy with Chief, Crash, Spyro, Rabbids, too. Second most would be Fulgore(who i don't think has a chance).

I'm not entirely banking on a reveal(might be a "tune in for a final smash direct" too, which actually fits well so they can include any last minute update details, etc. Or, you know, treat it as special as is.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Gilgamesh stands the test of time! No, not the dimension-hopping Gilgamesh, the other Gilgamesh!

I'll reiterate that I'm really interested in seeing what kind of third party stuff show up in this direct. Especially since I have the feeling that Nintendo will not just give a lot of screentime to percieved shovelware, but also since if Nintendo places a specific importance on specific third party corps it's going to be likely for the long haul.
Ah yes

I'M JOINING SMASH

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Im gonna say this now. Don't get your hopes up for smash. The last character will probably not be someone you want. Heck, they might not even show the last character today (I personally lean that they wont). I know the last thing people want to hear is that we might be waiting another month or two for Smash speculation to end, but right now Sakurai has not retweeted the direct. He told us to wait a bit longer. Don't be surprised if we do not get someone tonight.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The time has finally come, to unleash the forbidden spell of Zahras upon our enemies.

Solon for Challenger Pack 11.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
TBH even if we don't get the last character today, I really don't think Sakurai's comment "a while" implied anything related to that.. That was always the biggest issue I had with people referring to it, as it's a fairly general statement to begin with that is referring to the end of the biggest smash game ever and it was also likely added in translation. I really don't think that implies anything even if it doesn't happen today.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Even if there's no character reveal, I doubt Smash will go unmentioned in the direct for reasons people have already mentioned many times in the speculation thread.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
That first reveal in the direct is always nerve wrecking as it’s always “not actual game footage” so no one knows if it’ll be smash or a game announcement. It’s gonna be absolutely nerve wrecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom