• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - 9/23/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was just about to say this.

Maybe no Smash news at all.
I highly doubt that. Considering the time frame of character announcements thus far, and the fact that there’s a Dorect VERY close to the 2 month date they usually take to reveal a character I’d say an announcement on Smash is a pretty safe prediction.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
That first reveal in the direct is always nerve wrecking as it’s always “not actual game footage” so no one knows if it’ll be smash or a game announcement. It’s gonna be absolutely nerve wrecking.
Bro I had that feeling when they first revealed Splatoon 3
I saw the desert and thought something like "Prince of Persia!?" I think LOL

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Okay, so, being as this is potentially the final hours before we find out the final character, I figured I should join in on the fun and give me thoughts so they are written down before hand in case they are right.

So first things first, let me state that we are not guaranteed a character today. papagenos papagenos goes over this in his video and the crew over at Gamexplain also tackles this idea. I honestly would not be surprised if we only get a date here for a future Smash only event.

But…

If we do get our final character revealed today I think one of two options will occur.

1. A Nintendo character

This is a Nintendo Direct that is not E3, so this make me feel like a Nintendo character is most likely. I see a Zelda character or a Pokémon rep as most likely. Waluigi would come in a third.

As for a surprise? I could see an Advanced Wars rep as we draw closer to the release of the remake, and I believe we are missing the Advanced Wars Assist Trophy? Other than that King Boo or Porky for various reasons or even Isaac as a dark horse could fit the bill.

2. SMT V Rep

If it is not a Nintendo Rep, this is the other pick that I could easily see happen. This is exactly what I would expect Nintendo to think is a high note ending. It is third party therefore a guest star, and it is being heavily endorsed in their directs. Honestly, I still feel
like this is the most likely character.

But who I want the most?

Master Chief

As the game has evolved from Nintendo’s All-Stars Fighter to Video Games the Video Game, this feels like the best character to round thing as out.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Dark Souls 10th anniversary, and then a Nintendo direct. Good week for me!

Technomage

Smash Champion
Oohhh, the wait is making my chest heavy, like there's a Xenomorph developing inside it. 0.0

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Whether a new character gets revealed or not, this place will be a bloodbath and I'm all for it. Also, please reveal Monolith's new project!

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm going into this Direct expecting no FP11 reveal.
Let's see if I'm proven right or wrong.

Also I hope there are no spoilers for Metroid Dread... or else.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
2 minutes left. Let's see if we get a fighter. Good luck to y'all wanting your favourite character.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe we could get the title for the BotW Sequel.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's starting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom