• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - 9.14.2023

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
well at least we now have a release date for , amiibo , Noah & Mio.

Although January seems late to me. Why skip the holiday season ?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, that could have been better, honestly. Is this the Direct of Remakes, like how there was a Direct for farming simulators?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Peachette is a win for me. Especially since I don’t expect her to ever be in a Mario kart again after this. Plus having Thousand Year Door, Sparks of Hope, and Mario RPG on the same console is just amazing fuel for my Geno/Edge/Vivian obsession.

The peach game looks… I just hope it’s not just a bunch of minigames.

I still wanna know what this is gonna do to 8’s character select screen

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Those Paper Mario graphics look so clean. I’m hyped! 2024 is going to be a damn good year for gaming.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes, but they made no mention of the restocks or controller. You’d think if every smash amiibo as getting restocked for collection purposes, they would have mentioned it.

Same for the controller. One extra sentence was all they needed but they didn’t comment for some reason on what’s kind of a weird and big deal.
With all due respect who the hell wants to be told that GameCube controllers are back in stock during a showcase of new things? Sora amiibo is new, the GameCube controller is just restocked. Should I also be told if the neon Joycons are back too?

Your “big deal” sounds more like straws you’re grasping at.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
PAPER MARIO 2 AHHHHHHH!

Anyways, lots of fun stuff shown.

Highlights for me include Princess Peach Showtime, Mario Kart 8 Wave 6 with Diddy, Funky, Pauline, and Peachette, Nintendo Museum looks cool, Another Code, Detective Pikachu, Tomb Raider Remastered, Super Mario RPG Remake and Side Order.

AND PAPER MARIO 2 AHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, that was an interesting direct. For F-Zero 99.......oh no, it will suck if I happen to give you a bump at low power.
1000011916.jpg

Still, can't wait to play more games when they release. Starting with SMRPG.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Im convinced Miyamoto was too busy with the movie and the theme park that they had enough time to sneak Thousand year door by.

He would never let this happen otherwise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Best part about this?

PAPER MARIO FANS CAN FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP, I WIN!
They're already complaining about Nintendo knowing the type of Paper Mario that the "real fans" want and still only giving them remakes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
THOUSAND YEAR DOOR LOOKS SO GOOD

The other games were cool too, though I mainly just cared for the Mario stuff. The Peach game looks cool, Mario vs. Donkey Kong is interesting but idk.

but no Fiddlebert DLC for Pikmin 4 so the direct was 0/10

Super Paper Mario when

edit: oh also, the new stuff in SMRPG is cool.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Very happy with more Mario games and remakes.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake seems to have Toad possibly as a playable character.

Princess Peach Showtime looks interesting. I could see some of Peach’s costumes getting in Smash as Mii Fighter costumes.

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door remake! Well, it’s not Paper Mario All-Stars but it’s still good.

Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Pauline, and Peachette confirmed for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!

Happy with Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD but the original game needs to be remade for Switch too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Im convinced Miyamoto was too busy with the movie and the theme park that they had enough time to sneak Thousand year door by.

He would never let this happen otherwise.
Miyamotos making an executive decision rn and the next trailer we see, all NPCs are replaced with red toads and only red toads. Even all of the party members are just the same Toad with slightly different names.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
They're already complaining about Nintendo knowing the type of Paper Mario that the "real fans" want and still only giving them remakes.
I mean at least it's not just renewing the graphics, supposedly there may be more original characters to the remake...

Last edited:
Top Bottom