• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces National Smash 3DS Tournament

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
One is only an hour away from me, too bad I'll be out of town that day. I would have definitely gone.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Alright. Same day as The Big House 4? Come on Nintendo. You're better than that. We know your representatives check this site on a regular basis so they know about The Big House 4. Do not try and directly compete with the competitive community. It will cause problems. It will cause divide. In my opinion, the date of this tournament is disrespectful. They're going to be missing nearly the entire competitive community.

Last edited:

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Well hey, the Ellicott city Gamestop is only like 35 minutes away from me. GOD I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT

KingsHaki

Smash Cadet
NNID
OPKingshaki
3DS FC
3411-1957-0386
Anybody going to the Fayettville, NC location might as well leave cuz they bout to get BOPPED! LEGGGOOOOO

FieryFetus

Smash Cadet
NNID
FieryFetus
3DS FC
1263-7040-1503
I live about 20-30 minutes away from one of the gamestops and I'm tempted to go, but at the same time I'm nervous about competition

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
The nearest one from me is about 3 hours away...I'd probably be too nervous to go anyway because of the competition haha

Joshua Twilley

Smash Rookie
It would have been cool to have more then 15 gamestops have local tournament but without the winner getting a pid trip, That way they could have had a bunch more tournaments

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
First things first:
Why the hell in Denham and not in Boston? There are so many gamers there!

Second: Why free-for-alls? >.<;;

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
No love for Mexico...again.
Why am I not surprised?
Anyway, this sounds great. I'm probably gonna be watching the streaming of the finals.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Idk why anyone would care about this when TBH4 will have critically acclaimed Smasher I never thought a tag could be as long as this but here I am at the big house 4 even though I am unemployed, while Nintendo has... Bill Trinen?

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Operation: Really feeling It.
1. Leave early for Nintendo World around 5 on Thursday, Oct 2
2. Wait in line to get game at 8pm.
3. Play Smash all day Friday.
4. Wait in line on Saturday, Oct 4th for tournament at Nintendo World.
5. Wreck the tournament.
6. Steal yo girl
7. Finish up.
8. Go see Broadway play at 3.

Ayyy lmao

NINO29

Smash Rookie
I SEE what you did Nintendo... Holding it the same time as Big House 4 for an upper hand for the casual audience....

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Chicagoooooooooooooo let's go

I SEE what you did Nintendo... Holding it the same time as Big House 4 for an upper hand for the casual audience....
I didn't even consider this. A lot of Chicago's best are going to be at BH4, so maybe I'll have a real shot! :awesome:

Last edited:

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
No one gives a **** about big house 4. Melee community doesnt make up the entirety of the competitive scene, and the competitive community is a minority in general. Swear Nintendo finally shows a glimmer of support and all you ungrateful ****s do is whine about it. Idc about you guys but Im going to go and potentially win a free trip to new york.

Teiran

Smash Rookie
Houston one here i come!! :D :D :D
Yeah, uh... so there's no GameStop at that address anymore. There certainly used to be - it was my local store - but it closed down a couple of years ago and its space was just recently taken over by a massage center.

So hopefully they realize something's up and give us an actual location, haha.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
No love for the Virginia area ah well ill probaly have to work those that do go if any of you play robin/ike Im pulling for you all.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
Welp, this is making me actually miss living in Florida with all those FL locations. Sounds like it'd be fun though, good luck to anyone who is able to participate!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
No one gives a **** about big house 4. Melee community doesnt make up the entirety of the competitive scene, and the competitive community is a minority in general. Swear Nintendo finally shows a glimmer of support and all you ungrateful ****s do is whine about it. Idc about you guys but Im going to go and potentially win a free trip to new york.
Oh really? I'm sorry. I wasn't aware the majority was spoken for, my friend. I suppose that's why the event is being sponsored by smashboards directly right? Every game is going to be there. Including Smash for 3DS for side events. Please don't make comments like this. It creates somewhat of a toxic environment for others. Think before you speak please. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Alright. Same day as The Big House 4? Come on Nintendo. You're better than that. We know your representatives check this site on a regular basis so they know about The Big House 4. Do not try and directly compete with the competitive community. It will cause problems. It will cause divide. In my opinion the date of this tournament is disrespectful. They're going to be missing nearly the entire competitive community.
Lets be real here, we already knew when the new game was coming out by the time Big House 4 was planned for the following weekend. They had to know they were splitting the audience.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
Forget it. Dat ruleset is silly and the same day as bighouse? I'm gonna watch the big house.

I dont want to think it but if Nintendo is trying to directly compete with the established competitive community they are going to have a problem.
YOU SUCK! Competitive smashers can kiss my saggy buttcheeks

Michael4thewin

Smash Rookie
Dang Nintendo, where's the love for MA? :p Hope some tourneys happen over here, but for now i'm gunna have to watch just the live stream instead.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It's good to see Nintendo doing a tournament again, I'm hoping to see more from them in the future.:colorful:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
These rules are all over the place. It'll be fun to watch and compete, for sure, but I'd hate to be the one stressing out over making it big in this competition.

The rules for the local and national tournaments are completely different, as well, which doesn't help the participants any. It will probably be a lot of fun to watch, though. Not keen on the equipment being allowed, personally, but seeing the custom moves in action ought to be a blast :)

Mii Fighters are only allowed to look like the person using them, lol. Probably for the best...

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Lets be real here, we already knew when the new game was coming out by the time Big House 4 was planned for the following weekend. They had to know they were splitting the audience.
Let's be real here dude. This event was planned far in advance. Whereas we literally just found out about this Smash for 3DS event today. In my eyes, this looks like it was purposely done this way in order to have it so casual players have a better time. In reality, competitive players will still trump casual players in the end due to just having solid knowledge and fundamentals. They should have held midnight release tournaments as they did from Brawl back in 2008. I remember that being fun.

SonTabouretski

Smash Rookie
Looks like it is true and that there will be real official tournaments by Nintendo I mean yeah I know there was the first one which was the invitational tournament but I think that they should do more of these and maybe this one will have a whole 3DS roaster on it so people who main Spoilers: Duck hunt, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, etc. Can play.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
This is incorrect. TBH4 date was set in April, while the Smash 3DS date was set in June.

I personally don't care for these GameStop tourneys much, and I highly doubt anyone traveling to TBH4 would even consider changing their plans for this anyway, so it's a non-issue.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I have one within half an hour of me! :colorful: Kinda wish the rules were better and not inconsistent between the two tournaments, though.

Since the pros are gone, I might stand a chance…

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Massachusetts one is like 15 minutes away. I might actually go, but I don't really wanna go aaalll the way to NY if I do win though.. Hopefully there's not an age limit or something and all the secret characters are unlocked.

Top Bottom