• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 64.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Man, Hey You Pikachu was awesome. I wish I could play it on an emulator.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The Virtual Boy may be a little headache-inducing, but it's not a terrible system. In any case, it's a little unfair to make judgments on a system when you haven't played it, and I'd bet that, given how rare it is, most of you haven't. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it tends to be one of those things that people hear is terrible and then they go and talk about how terrible it is because it's so widely known as such -- I'm guilty of doing it at times myself.)

Anyway.

Here's my list of N64 games:

It's worth noting that my copies of Majora's Mask and Hey You, Pikachu! are both complete with box and manual (I have the manual for a handful of other games too).
I've played Virtual Boy and it is a terrible system. What exactly makes you say otherwise, except to be contrarian?

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
lol my local McDonalds has 2/3 N64s (with only one game per system) inside and one of the games there is Hey You, Pikachu. xD

Which made no sense to me since they didn't bother hooking up the microphone for it, and it's been there for like, ever. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it necessary to have a microphone if you wanted to play it? :p

Oh well, at least a DS remake of Hey You, Pikachu would work favourably well

Gah, I tried emulating the N64 games I didn't have quite a few times, but Mac and emulation tend to hate each other when it comes to any 5th generation emulators/DS. Darn, and I was hoping to play Banjo-Kazooie, too.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
There's a McDonalds at my mall that had/has an N64 with Mario Kart 64. IDK if it's still there.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Man, Hey You Pikachu was awesome. I wish I could play it on an emulator.
"Awesome" is one word for it.

I pretty much only play it for the lol value. But it does have a lot of that, since you can shout "Bulbasaur"
or any number of profanities
at Pikachu and it'll still respond.

I've played Virtual Boy and it is a terrible system. What exactly makes you say otherwise, except to be contrarian?
Because I've played the Virtual Boy as well, and aside from giving me a slight headache I actually didn't think it was a terrible system at all, and quite enjoyed playing it.

Smash Ketchum

Smash Rookie
Over the yrs. there have been consoles being made from nes to playstation to xbox,but the nintendo64 has been here for 14 yrs.It may be old,but the spirit of it lives on.Because without the Nintendo64,we wouldnt have the gamecube,nintendo ds,or wii and so on.So,look at where the nintendo64 led us. -Smash ketchum

Olikus

Smash Champion
Nintendo 64 is such a great consoll ;)

These are my Nintendo 64 games.( Think I got some rare ones :p )

Banjo-Kazooie
Buck Bumble
Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers
Donkey Kong 64
Earthworm Jim 3D
Extreme-G 2
GoldenEye 007
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
NBA Jam '99
The New Tetris
Pokémon Stadium
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
Yoshi's Story

Thats about it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
The Throwback galaxy in SMG2 made me wish I was playing Super Mario 64.

Lulz.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh man!

Bomberman 64 was the first N64 game I ever played. I waited forever but 2 never came out, at least nowhere around where I lived. Hero was pretty good, even though it was really different.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Bomberman Generation is GCN, but it's good too.

It'd make a great competitive game imo.

D

Deleted member

Might pick up Bomberman Hero on the Virtual Console. I remember playing it once while checking for my eyesight and I was interested in it. Going to check out some videos to see if it's still worth it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Bomberman 64 was released on the Wii Virtual Console today!

Here’s a picture of all three of my N64 Bomberman games.
Man does that bring me back. I had Bomberman 64 and that was THE ONLY game that my dad would actually play with me because he had an idea of how to play it and he could kick my ***, unlike every other multiplayer game I had. So many good memories. I wish they had it for the VC so I could show it to him again though

EDIT:

Oh crap I didn't read the first part they actually released it on VC? Holy **** I gotta go DL it

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Pretty sure the N64 still remains my favorite system of all time. I remember playing it all the time with my dad and brother when we first got it. Plus, pretty much everyone you knew had one, there was no "Do you have an N64?" it was just "Lets play the N64!" I still play the games I used to play now, and I still believe a lot of them out-do games that are coming out in today's time.

I play the new games of today, and it just doesn't feel the same, like there's no wow-factor to them, they are just games, nothing more. It could, and probably is my nostalgia saying that, but I am not all too sure. Another thing as well is the music to the old games seeming so much more appealing as opposed to music in games today. As if they tried harder to make good and fitting music tracks back then. Not like today's games have bad music, its just a lot of it sounds the same, repetitive, or just thrown in there to kill the silence.

I still find it awesome as well how games such as Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 are said to be some of the greatest games of all time, even if they are 13+ years old now! Which another thing, I find my ability to thoroughly enjoy games older than some of the kids of today amazingly awesome.

It makes me feel sad for this generation of gamers though, because they won't have the memories from the N64, they'll just have PS3, Xbox360, and Wii with games such as Call of duty, Halo, etc. which already have the good graphics that were only dreamed of in the past. They won't have the opportunity to see their favorite games improve dramatically, seeing as a lot of those games are already there and don't really need improvement. Then again, that's probably what they were saying when the N64 came out.

Lol, huge babblefest, anyways my games:

Starfox 64!
Ocarina of Time!
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Kirby and the Crystal Shards
Yoshi's Story
Golden Eye 007
Glover
Cruisin' USA
Cruisin' World
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
San Francisco Rush
Super Smash Bros
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2
1080 Snowboarding

I'm sure there's more, I don't have my games with me atm, this is what came from memory :p
Starfox 64 and OoT remain as my favorite games. Which is also why I main Fox.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Good God I love the N64, it's just kinda crazy that my favorite game of all time (Ocarina of Time) is only 2 years younger than I am. I own a 360/PS3/Wii, but there is no hesitation when someone asks me what is my favorite system. Nintendo 64. There is no way any system can come even close to reaching the level that the N64 is at. Well, here are all of my dusty old 64 games.

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Super Mario 64
Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong 64
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

I have some others (Paper Mario, Kirby & The Crystal Shards, others) that I've lost in the gigantuanormus pile of trash that is my room, but they still count!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Bomberman 64 was released on the Wii Virtual Console today!
I might have to get that. I'd prefer 2nd attack though as I never found it IRL and can't emulate it.

Among others I had:
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie (one of only fifty PAL copies)
Super Mario 64
Lylat Wars (starfox)
Diddy Kong Racing
Starwars Episode 1 Racer
Snowboard Kids
Jet Force Gemini
Mischief Makers
Yoshi's Story

Despite having all this amazing stuff, I never owned SSB.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I might have to get that. I'd prefer 2nd attack though as I never found it IRL and can't emulate it.

Among others I had:
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie (one of only fifty PAL copies)
Super Mario 64
Lylat Wars (starfox)
Diddy Kong Racing
Starwars Episode 1 Racer
Snowboard Kids
Jet Force Gemini
Mischief Makers
Yoshi's Story

Despite having all this amazing stuff, I never owned SSB.
It’s never too late to pick up a copy and who knows- it might even turn out to be a good investment. That’s why I’m holding on to some extras.

Sariku

Smash Master
Diddy Kong Racing is fun (I haven't played the DS version), and arguably better than Mario Kart 64. So I don't care about anyone's opinion there. To each their own. But saying Mario Kart "sucks in general" is a near blasphemousness comment. Explain yourself.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, DKR64 was waaaaaaaay better than MK64 imo.

If I could choose a game where you have the option of using a monkey in an airplane, boat, or a normal car over a game where you have a mustachioed man driving a go kart, I'd prefer the monkey.

BSP

Smash Legend
Diddy Kong Racing was just... average? IDK. It doesn't hold up anymore either.
IDK that plane was pretty fun.

And if you missed Banjo-Tooie, you missed out. That thing is amazing. I missed it, but luckily, my friend didn't.

Oh yeah, you CAN'T forget Mario Party 3. It's arguably the best MP IMO, but I was 12 and stupid enough to SELL IT. I've seen one other copy, and it was 30$. I'm stupid.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh yeah, you CAN'T forget Mario Party 3. It's arguably the best MP IMO, but I was 12 and stupid enough to SELL IT. I've seen one other copy, and it was 30$. I'm stupid.
You know what's stupider? When I had an N64, I sold SUPER MARIO 64.
Biggest mistake ever.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Most people who prefer Diddy Kong Racing over Mario Kart 64 probably haven’t played the latter with three other people. MK64 is bland as a single player experience but with friends it’s mad fun. Personally I like them both.

Ironically prices on some Nintendo 64 games are starting to go back up as collectors are finally starting to appreciate how incredible the system and its software were.

Sariku

Smash Master
You know what's dumber? When I had an N64, I sold SUPER MARIO 64.
Biggest mistake ever.
Fixed.

I have Banjo Kazooie in pretty good condition on the 64. I'm trying to find someone to sell it too though. I'd sell it for a low price. I don't like the game. ^_^

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
IDK that plane was pretty fun.

And if you missed Banjo-Tooie, you missed out. That thing is amazing. I missed it, but luckily, my friend didn't.

Lol, I traded my Mario Party 3 for my friend's Cruisin' USA, which is only fun for like one play-through, which is still pretty boring. Luckily he forgot Banjo Kazooie at my house when we were moving, and it remained in my possession (unintentionally). I consider it a fair tradeoff :p

Top Bottom