• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Bowser

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I was bored today so i used bowser and boy i so feel he counters MK but anyway, i may add more in the future but for now i have some vids. imma just add the playlist and add to that playlist later on

Bowser Fun Time

first match btw is STUPID lmao

Just showing some use of the Infinite double jump stuff. Its prolly already explained in other threads but sadly i dont read alot of threads lol. Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1717XkvdhrE

Bowser vs PT 10/16/08

Bowser vs Marth 10/16/08

Vs GW 11/14/08

VS Rob 11/14/08

VS Marth (Neo) 11/15/08

Vs Dk 11/25/08

Vs Lucas 11/30

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
That was a horrible MK player. I don't believe Bowser counter's MK seeing MK can do much more then Bowser can on the defensive and offensive side.

Its just going to take you a while to find a good enough MK player that knows Bowser enough to show you how tough it can be to play against MK as Bowser. (well if your on AiB you might find that kind of player pretty quickly)

I've heard of a Mach tornado spamming MK but that took it waaaaaay to far. I've nothing against spamming since I believe you should play to win but that guy made it to easy to figure out what he was going to do next.

Maybe his first time playing the game?

anywho if you can get more vids lets see them. It'll be easier to see how you are against other players.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you honestly post CONFIDENTLY a match where a metaknight ONLY attacks with tornado for the first 57 seconds and say that Bowser counters Metaknight?

Are you high?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yep i kno he was bein stupid but these werent the only matches i had. I couldnt record the others, but i fought about 4 meta knight players and hasnt beaten me. That vid isnt the reason why i say he does. I played M2K and nearly beat him with bowser also lol. I was thinking he does good against him cause of his range, power and high weight. That playlist had 4 vids in it, not just 1. Just look at the others. Am i high lmao

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Omg I watched the first match. NinjaLink your bower is 'tupid. Its too ****in good. Holy crap 100% combo with one move. Love it man.

Oh btw....

lol at ******** MK.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
On Bowser being Meta's counter:

Watched both MK videos. The first guy was awful. The second guy wasn't much better. It's like he was waiting for you to make a move. That isn't how you play MK effectively. The idea is to keep pressuring your opponent into submission.

Make no mistake though, you have a decent Bowser.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
On Bowser being Meta's counter:

Watched both MK videos. The first guy was awful. The second guy wasn't much better. It's like he was waiting for you to make a move. That isn't how you play MK effectively. The idea is to keep pressuring your opponent into submission.

Make no mistake though, you have a decent Bowser.
Its funny cause u said the exact opposite of what DiasFlac said. I can fight aggresive MKs. He knew how i fought them so he was wary on his approach. Bowser outranges, out powers and outtanks meta. If hes aggresive than a defensive bowser will beat him. Only way he can win aggresively is if he spaces and tried to make his attacks least punishable as possible.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I never knew Bowser can do 100%+ Damage in one Fire Breath

I must know how to do this....

I loved Melee Bowser(for fun) but Brawl Bowser isn't so fun.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I never knew Bowser can do 100%+ Damage in one Fire Breath

I must know how to do this....

I loved Melee Bowser(for fun) but Brawl Bowser isn't so fun.
Easy...Noobs that don't know how to DI out of it. I've gotten people past 250% just by spamming firebreath because they didn't know how to DI out of it. XD

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Yep i kno he was bein stupid but these werent the only matches i had. I couldnt record the others, but i fought about 4 meta knight players and hasnt beaten me. That vid isnt the reason why i say he does. I played M2K and nearly beat him with bowser also lol. I was thinking he does good against him cause of his range, power and high weight. That playlist had 4 vids in it, not just 1. Just look at the others. Am i high lmao
You know...there is no shame smoking trees lol

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Btw i just separated that 'Use of IDJR' or whatever its called. The infinite double jump thing. On the first page.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Your Bowser is good, but you should tell your friend (the Snake) to use less aerials and more tilts. You punished his Dairs really efficiently.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Its funny cause u said the exact opposite of what DiasFlac said. I can fight aggresive MKs. He knew how i fought them so he was wary on his approach. Bowser outranges, out powers and outtanks meta. If hes aggresive than a defensive bowser will beat him. Only way he can win aggresively is if he spaces and tried to make his attacks least punishable as possible.
What if he's not aggressive though? what if he's very patient, and tries to trick you into using one of your laggy moves?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The point that everyone misses when discussing the MK matchup is that Bowser doesn't need to be trading %'s with meta to win. If metaknight hits bowser 20 times, and bowser hits meta 7 times, bowser will probably get the first kill. Keep that going, and bowser wins. Bowser can kill metaknight with Fsmash, Usmash, Ftilt, Utilt, Forward B, Down B, Fair, Bair, Uair...not counting the bowsercide, we've got 8 options against metaknights that all kill at low %s. most of his kills won't come until we're at least at 150-170%.

Ftilt eats tornado.
if i'm not mistaken, Fair goes through it too.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
The point that everyone misses when discussing the MK matchup is that Bowser doesn't need to be trading %'s with meta to win. If metaknight hits bowser 20 times, and bowser hits meta 7 times, bowser will probably get the first kill. Keep that going, and bowser wins. Bowser can kill metaknight with Fsmash, Usmash, Ftilt, Utilt, Forward B, Down B, Fair, Bair, Uair...not counting the bowsercide, we've got 8 options against metaknights that all kill at low %s. most of his kills won't come until we're at least at 150-170%.

Ftilt eats tornado.
if i'm not mistaken, Fair goes through it too.
Im aware dude. dtilt also puts him at a bad position if not kills.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's a Bowser vs PT match, not Marth. I'd sya the most impressive thing in that match was how well you read your opponent, also great use of the grab release.

Hilarious ending. Why is the Dr. Mario music playing on PS 1? o_0

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
That Squirtle did nothing. No hydroplanning or anything. His Charizard was good but his Ivysaur sucked. Do you ever use the side B infinite jump technque?

Teh Future

Smash Master
wow your bowser is very good. Your grab game is absolutely incredible, it looks like the best in the game imo. Whenever I use bowser it seems like I get stuck either trying to approach always with DJC or always on the ground but you have great balance between the two.

I was sooo disappointed when you didn't three stock the marth lol.

Top Bottom