• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ninjalink (Diddy) vs M2K (MK)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
NEVER. not til we play again!! the reason i DO brag is cuz ur amazing and it is quite an accomplishment to do :p

;-) however it was just one match AND it was a long time ago, we've both gotten better/changed playstyles a lot since then anyway, so i will leave it alone.

i just get annoyed when people make posts like "nl ***** all metas like m2k, forte, plank, etc" lol

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
NEVER. not til we play again!! the reason i DO brag is cuz ur amazing and it is quite an accomplishment to do :p

;-) however it was just one match AND it was a long time ago, we've both gotten better/changed playstyles a lot since then anyway, so i will leave it alone.

i just get annoyed when people make posts like "nl ***** all metas like m2k, forte, plank, etc" lol
Well i told everyone i only lost to 2 MKs u bein one of them. Its true. my record is like 34-3 or something like that

GA needs more NL and m2k. Get down here >=(
pay for my ticket ^_^

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Ninjalink, you should quit whining about the people that don't like you, because for every one post that complains about you, there's a thousand others that compliment you. This thread is a fine example.

Good matches, I think you're just a closet Diddy main. Excellent gimp at the beginning, I didn't know it had that much hitstun drop from it. Or did MK just forget to jump? (edit, I see you actually footstooled him, nice)

Are the other matches going to be put up?
I find that suspicious too. I mean he did find some (or most, not sure) of Diddy's techs. So, he HAD to have practiced Diddy at some point ^_^'.

Kel

Smash Master
Those were some of the most enjoyable Brawl videos I've seen.

NinjaLink and M2K should listen to Simpleplan or something...

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Oh when the metagame was young and Nanerz was a god among Diddy's lol. I still remember being awed by his set against Psycho Mantis.

Well we got NL now, who's just slick with everyone XD

SRTM

Smash Ace
amazing matches. I have always loved diddy, but you made me love him more :D
Your my idol with diddy. I hope Liqui (falco) from NY told you that lol.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
1. Good Job to everyone at the tourny, especially all the players who used Diddy, even Azen :)

2. In my opinion, as of right now, NinjaLink is at least top 10 in the U.S. for brawl.

3. I wonder if this will over hype Diddy and create a huge influx of new Diddy players ?? That could drastically change our metagame, for better or worse....

:monkey:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
1. Good Job to everyone at the tourny, especially all the players who used Diddy, even Azen :)

2. In my opinion, as of right now, NinjaLink is at least top 10 in the U.S. for brawl.

3. I wonder if this will over hype Diddy and create a huge influx of new Diddy players ?? That could drastically change our metagame, for better or worse....

too late for huge influx. I made the other influx last time i beat him. M2k thinks im top 5:confused: but ok i guess

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
too late for huge influx. I made the other influx last time i beat him. M2k thinks im top 5:confused: but ok i guess
You made a huge influx for new players in general. Roping in a lot more players, people who might want to just try him out or even secondary him, and even some that are already established in their mains and secondaries. Its not a bad thing or good thing.... then again who knows only time will tell.

Its hard to decide national individual player placements until they have played more people (west, east, midwest etc...) But even so I think you have out done yourself well enough to be at LEAST top 10, then again that's just the opinion of a fellow Diddy player :)

As of right now your the only Diddy user, only counting East coast of course, (Azen too if he played more monkey) that I'm willing to say is out right better than me. You have waaay more experience than I do especially in character match ups, and you dont even main Diddy lmao. Ill catch up though :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
You made a huge influx for new players in general. Roping in a lot more players, people who might want to just try him out or even secondary him, and even some that are already established in their mains and secondaries. Its not a bad thing or good thing.... then again who knows only time will tell.

Its hard to decide national individual player placements until they have played more people (west, east, midwest etc...) But even so I think you have out done yourself well enough to be at LEAST top 10, then again that's just the opinion of a fellow Diddy player :)

As of right now your the only Diddy user, only counting East coast of course, (Azen too if he played more monkey) that I'm willing to say is out right better than me. You have waaay more experience than I do especially in character match ups, and you dont even main Diddy lmao. Ill catch up though :p

We'll see advent, you're probably better than me right now, but after I go to a few more offline tournaments, we'll see how I actually do under those conditions =p. Right now, I like to think of myself as that random diddy player who ***** online and offline but there isn't enough offline things for me to accurately put me anywhere =p.

NL is top 7 for sure.

I, personally, don't like the influx of diddy mainers. Although it means a better metagame, it also means people will know how to play against diddy more. Look at Bowser for an example. I rarely play bowsers and the ones I do play don't use his metagame to his highest level (ISJR, grounded up-b, correctly spaced fairs). I never know ow to play Bowser until I played KishSquared who ***** me the first time we play due to my match-up inexperience. I'd rather take that element over metagame anyday

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Great matches. M2K, how come you use dair after being hit as apposed to uair? Since uair comes out faster, isn't it more effective at slowing you momentum? Or am I wrong about that?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dair def slows ur momentum more. and NL man ur just way **** first 20 seconds of the match. props to u bro just many props :3 gotta teach me some stuff sometime :3

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I think he uses dair when he isn't being hit offscreen.

When he is he seems to use uair (though it's harder to see because he's offscreen).

I could be wrong though.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Uair stops momentum faster.
dair fastfalls which is the second part to proper DI

and since the difference is so small, using dair is easier and often quicker then uair (having to uair + Fastfall)

>.>

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I see. But can't you just uair (w/ c-stick) while holding/tapping down?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
they should post the 2nd set from this tourney between nl and m2k in here. Its not as good because theres some sd's and stuff but its still nl vs m2k and im sure people want to see it.

I would link it but I don't want to get yelled at but its on youtube if you want to look it up.

Top Bottom