• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare: The Smush Room! (4/2/11) - Brampton, ON

tect

Smash Journeyman
TEAMS

1: Bernard Rainford http://www.quintenews.com/2010/05/fouth-murder-suspect-charged/
2: tect + europhoria
3: ministry + weon-x
4: sauc3 + jpobs
5: omni + tramp
5: jagg + nightmare
7: linksta + windrose
7: Summonedfist + riddlebox
9: avaricex + pony
9: cha_rona + flake
9: hal + bing

SINGLES
1: unknown
2: Snooki
3: Raynex
4: Mikey "The Situation" Prime
5: ministry
5: Europhoria
7: Omni
7: sauc3
9: riddlebox
9: here rests a cemetery
9: JPOBS
9: izek
13: cha_rona
13: weon-x
13: Summonedfist
13: nightmare

Had lots of fun, shoutouts later!

An aside, if there is any confusion later on....

Around 3:15 am in between Napanee (Avril Lavigne! LOL) and Kingston (****), Omni overcompensated after hitting a dip in the shoulder on the highway, resulting in a rather dramatic single auto accident. We hit the left-lane guard rail on the drivers side of the trunk, then spun across the 401, hitting the opposing guard rail on the drivers side of the hood. No one was seriously injured. Europhoria had to be taken to the hospital as per protocol, whereas Tramp, Omni, and myself followed in police cruisers. We were there for a few hours, then were all safely home in Kingston by 7am. Omni's car, unfortunately, will never cruise in sun, ever again =(

It is amazing how much damage was done to the car, considering the minor injuries to the passengers.

Be on the lookout for photos of Euro's FALCON PAUUNNCHED(!!!!) facial injuries! Perhaps photos of the car too (sorry, Andrew)!

GGs

idea

Smash Master
Around 3:15 am in between Napanee (Avril Lavigne! LOL) and Kingston (****), Omni overcompensated after hitting a dip in the shoulder on the highway, resulting in a rather dramatic single auto accident. We hit the left-lane guard rail on the drivers side of the trunk, then spun across the 401, hitting the opposing guard rail on the drivers side of the hood. No one was seriously injured. Europhoria had to be taken to the hospital as per protocol, whereas Tramp, Omni, and myself followed in police cruisers. We were there for a few hours, then were all safely home in Kingston by 7am. Omni's car, unfortunately, will never cruise in sun, ever again =(
wait what =/

:(

also did camilo have to leave early or something?

Windrose

Smash Lord
Noooooooo andrew!!! :( We should've housed you kingston guys yesterday :(

idea

Smash Master
welp, there should still be a used controller (+ cube) on sale at york...i could get it for him and he could pay me back if he wants. kind of risky though.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Looks like I missed a great tournament...

...and avoided probable death.

We'll have to come with a plan if there is another one of these.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
great tourny everyone thanks for coming out. That really sucks about the crash :( hope you guys are okay now. i don't know if i'll ever do one of these again so everyone that came thanks. Also special thanks to tect for helping me run this tourny!!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
holy balls at the crash, seems so surreal. glad everyone is ok

the tourny was fun times all around. nice meeting new ppl and hanging with old friends. it'll prolly be the last time i see many of you for the summer cuz im going back to the bahamas unless i come to toronto sometime early may.

I.B

Smash Lord
SINGLES
1: unknown
2: Snooki WHO?!
3: Raynex
4: Mikey "The Situation" Prime WHO?!
5: ministry
5: Europhoria
7: Omni
7: sauc3
9: riddlebox
9: here rests a cemetery
9: JPOBS
9: izek
13: cha_rona
13: weon-x :(
13: Summonedfist
13: nightmare

Had lots of fun, shoutouts later!

An aside, if there is any confusion later on....

It is amazing how much damage was done to the car, considering the minor injuries to the passengers.

Be on the lookout for photos of Euro's FALCON PAUUNNCHED(!!!!) facial injuries! Perhaps photos of the car too (sorry, Andrew)!

GGs
Aww so sorry to hear that guys... glad to hear you're all okay though!

Sad I missed this tournament:( Sounded like funnn

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
posting on behalf of europhoria:

andrew don't be upset, cause i'm not upset with you
i thought he was really responsible and that **** just happens
and i'm super glad he saved my controller
lol
and i'd gladly drive to another tournament with him

unknown522

Some guy
Aww so sorry to hear that guys... glad to hear you're all okay though!

Sad I missed this tournament:( Sounded like funnn
snooki is david and mikey prime is tect (what a beast last name!!)

Also, sucks about the car crash. Heard about it that night. I'm glad that you're all alive and not gravely injured.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
1: unknown - u ***** me
2: Snooki - ****
3: Raynex - more ****
4: Mikey "The Situation" Prime - lack of ****
5: ministry - unconventional ****
5: Europhoria - car ****
7: Omni - sleep ****
7: sauc3 - sleep **** 2.0 deluxe remix
9: riddlebox - drive home ****
9: here rests a cemetery - needs haircut ****
9: JPOBS - bahama ****
9: izek - peach ditto ****
13: cha_rona - samoose ****
13: weon-x - controller ****
13: Summonedfist - fish ****
13: nightmare - hosting ****

all in all this was pretty ****

expanded shoutouts later when i'm more motivated

david's current critique of the scene: loldongs

edit: I'll do them now.

Ford - fun matches. Shame they weren't recorded. Kind of had a feeling they weren't being recorded but oh wellz. Play later today maybe lolol.

Chocolate Raynex - Your name looks better when the "EX" isn't capitalized. Just looks a lot cleaner. Uhh... play good more often so you'll **** me like you're supposed to you silly spastastic sponge of a man. Needs more airborne foe > Shine > D-smash combos lolol. Thanks for ****** my Peach on infinite time and reminding me why I suck with her.

Tect - Disappointed we didn't play more. I didn't know you smoked (cigarettes?). Sorry about the car thing. Really sucks man... I hope this does not hinder you from coming to the next tournament or whatever but that probably won't be for like several months knowing this scene anyway hahaha. Nice work beating sauc3's silly secondary (that he mains apparently? Kurtis so confuzzling). I should show you my Fox sometime; Ford tells me you need space animal training.

Nick - Thanks for the spaghetti. Nice work getting 3rd in teams with your husband (or wife? Never figured you two out). Impressive work beating Jack... I didn't think you'd do it. Raynex and Tect is pretty rough (though not for me lololol trash talk I **** hahaha). And to think you thought you'd lose to some randoms and do bad at this...

Editor's Note: This scene is mad random. If only Kyle was here to add further complications by introducing more Puffs to the bracket...

Europhoria - Kind of cool to see you again. I hear you and your girlfriend are doing good right now or something. Strange as hell to see you with a phone though. Maybe I should have just forfeited to let us have a decent finals... but then the black people have split without me before so I was like... "Eh, I better make sure I get money". Sucks about the car hitting you in the face. I hope you're okay. Nice work taking down sauc3. I guess you've redeemed yourself since that ancient Smashturbation set haha. I heard you went Fox... have you been working on him?

Omni - Always a pleasure to chat. Sheik Samus is hard. I'm not really sure what to say beyond that. We usually just wind up playing for a while and talk about strategy so I've already exhausted everything I had to say to you. I'm sorry about your car; I hope this hurdle can be overcome.

sauc3 - You probably should have picked Puff vs me in friendlies so you could have warmed her up. It sounds like you could have used some increased accuracy vs Tect. Kind of disappointed you went her instead of Fox, especially after you went all Fox at Pound 5 (except for round 3 pools in a few games) and after you've been steady with him for like the vast majority of our past tournaments but oh well. I hope this controller thing going around isn't contagious... it keeps hitting people.

Riddlebox - Thanks for the drive home and thanks for chilling <3 Always nice to hang out. Would add more but you've been at my house for a while recently so I don't really have much to add to what we talked about already. I hope you were okay at work.

Yoshi - I'll try to host more on weekends during the summer so you can make it out. We should probably blaze or something sometime. I heard your Luigi did some really funny dash attack reset. That's sick. Cut your hair.

JPOBS - Raynex > Europhoria is a pretty tough bracket. Nice work beating Jack. All these upsets haha. It's kind of neat... makes things more interesting. I'm sad I won't be able to see you during the summer but I'll definitely look into housing you during your week in Toronto if you still want to be housed by me (and therefore co-housed by Ford, technically, since he basically lives here). Fun friendlies... my Fox needs to be faster! I think. Maybe. Or more U-smash. Or faster U-smash!

Izek - Fun friendlies. We didn't talk much so I don't have much else to say lololol. Play more later.

Chanelle - I hope you had fun at your first (?) tournament! Hopefully we can keep playing and chilling. Maybe get some alcohol sometime and party or whatever. But probably not until summer haha. As always you're welcome to text / come over whenever... so long as I'm not bogged down in school, work, or men that day lololol.

Camilo - I'm sad you forfeited. I guess you got Jiggs'd. And hit by the controller plague. We need to find a bunch of good ones and hoard them so we'll have decent replacements. Hope you and your husband (wife?) are having fun at his place. I'm not sure what you guys do there besides smash, you'll have to enlighten me sometime. We should get Nick high sometime... he's really goofy when he's messed up.

Nightmare - A thousand thanks for hosting this fine tournament.

Adnan - Still one of the finest TOs in the region haha. Nice work yelling at people to do their matches.

Linksta - My Fox is soooooo good.

Person playing rotation with me and Linksta - See above.

Windrose - Sounds like your pool was really weird. You got this next time.

Bing - Nice to see you again. I think you picked Sheik vs my Fox. Fun matches.

Puny (?) - Nice matches... sorry about chain grabbing in pools but I was late and I felt I was holding up operations so I wanted to whip through everything quickly.

Marvin - Nice to meet you ^_^

MORE EDITING

David says:
yeah my shoutouts are pretty ****
i was gonna say
"david's critique of the scene at large: y'all try to do too much extra stuff. but have crappy fundamentals. and bad habits that make you lose. in MtG we have a term for cards that are total overkill, we call them 'win more' cards. they don't streamline your deck, they just take up space; some of the skills you guys want to add are 'win more' skills. like grounded shine oos > wd u-smash to ko
peach 5% earlier. like, what the ****? you guys need to fix your bad habits and think more about how to strengthen your fundamental skills..."
but then i changed it to
"loldongs"

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Tect said u are a bulbasaur, with unkown being the charmander and raynex being the squirtle 0.o

Kyle never went. That's kinda lame.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That makes absolutely no sense because I lose to Bernard a lot when he's playing decent and it is very hard for Venusaur to actually lose to Blastoise if Venusaur's handler isn't ********.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
1: unknown - Always proud of you little brother...but I'm going to take you down one day looool. Remind me to bring the installation discs for FF next time we see each other (or plan to)
2: Snooki - Shaaave LOL. Man you were so horny, you ***** your pool so fast with a smile on your face the whole time :D
3: Raynex - Yooo good **** man, that flashy fox is makin' its return. Fun times with you guys on Sunday as well....sorry for ratting you out on the cue ball scratch...SHE DID SEE IT THOUGH!
4: Mikey "The Situation" Prime - Yo, I expected something of this sort to happen, so good ****...Always fun talking to you lol. (I honestly didn't think you'd remember me and you were talking to me like first thing when I walked through the door lol)
5: ministry - I got double poof'd....I hate you...so very much. DONT MOVE =(
5: Europhoria -Yo, good seeing you again man, though you probably didn't remember me lol. Legit marth as always. Wishing you good health man; when I heard them talking on the phone about the crash it instantly woke me up and my heart skipped a beat =(
7: Omni - You guyssss man, you should have asked for housing >< someone definitely would have...Sorry to hear about the end of your car's days =(.
7: sauc3 - Ok, you...first of all I want to say sorry for the booing if it upset you <_< I honestly didn't think you took it seriously since you know >_> you're always up on that pedestal to me lol. Your Fox is ****, and your Jiggs is ****...so o . o next time...it's time...
9: riddlebox - Dunno mang...dunno...
9: here rests a cemetery - See man, that was a pretty tough tournament and a tight bracket you did good...just keep practicing and once we hit our 2 year mark...raaape.
9: JPOBS - We didn't do our Marth dittos...I am disappoint...lol but man you pulled through quite a bit with that hard *** bracket. Good **** beating Jack lol.
9: izek - We didn't play more than one match lol...your falco is lookin' spiffy tho, keep it up.
13: cha_rona - stop catching my motha***in turnips bisshhh
13: weon-x - weon-equeius or w/e...I can get you controllers :O YOU JUST NEED TO SHOW ME DA MONIES. Good stuff seeing you though lol your random troll smiles and stares make me laugh; I like laughing.
13: Summonedfist - Jaaack we are going to actually practice from now on. 10minutes away...10 minutes. GUELPH CREW, WE OUT.
13: nightmare - Great tournament, awesome host, friendly guy...I could go on....but I'm too tired. Thank you for the tournament, it was definitely needed.

Everyone else - ggs was fun meeting you all for the first time (if I did) Also thanks to the guy who bought my controller...I think he was linksta? lol I hate falcon, but keep it up we need more falcons...

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
If he gets the ice punch/beam in on a switch its okish. You can scout the leftovers vs life orb/scarf/specs. But blastoise is terrible and venisaur is boss status.

Fine ur the charizard that gets sleep powdered.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
*sadface* i wanted a shoutout from snooki's first tourney =(

edit:

my shoutouts:

?522 - Good seeing you again, good stuff on first. We'll play more soon.

Snooki - we played like one game or something lol. more soon =p

Raynex - i think you played me most of the gta... good games. you must teach me more.

Tect - really nice to play you finally lol. so much stalking from pound. good games. also, our pools didn't actually get recorded which sucks... i wanted to look back at them.

Nick - ggs. sorta a dumb set lol. kongo64...interesting cp... i should've camped you. i need to learn the barrel time, etc etc. gg. next time i'll get you back.

Europhoria - really nice seeing you again. you're still good and have some smash in you. stop saying negative crap about yourself :) glad you got a phone finally too lol

Omni - hope everything works out with that accident. really nice seeing you again and playing some more. i was more satisfied with our games than 1+ years ago back in 'loo lol

sauc3 - play who you want and screw what ppl think lol. tho your fox is more interesting. you should've been more patient vs. tect; you had it.

Riddlebox - thanks for the ride there, we'll team more, and practise more hopefully. just need motivation lol.

JPOBS - gg taking that set lol, it was interesting. i'll get you back next time.

Izek - good set in pools. you did good on brinstar.

Chanelle - good games in pools and friendlies. pretty inspiring seeing a female play with advanced techs imo. good gamesa gain

Camilo - man i told you to try and get first ;) guess you just don't want any LOL

summonedifst - looooooooooooool so full of fail. start practicing again. esp when school stops ****** you

Nightmare - you and your mvc3 deprived me of friendlies. but thanks for hosting!

Adnan - we should've played lol. i haven't played you since like '07 xD

Windrose - gg in pools. if you come to guelph in the summer we can play.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Venusaur would **** vaporeon and blastoise would **** salamence

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
shut the **** up with your stupid *** pokemon triangle

it's clearly not a triangle because i can lose to either one of them, and bernie can lose to ryan

the only absolute is that i always lose to ryan

so you can decide what kind of shape that produces

moreover ryan and bernie play the same character which doesn't factor into a pokemon schema that uses three different pokemon

so stop trying to force it

god daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Top Bottom