• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
And how are they going to handle the fire breath attacks
In the Rugrats universe the stuff built for children's entertainment uses very realistic special effects. Some of the children's toys developed by Stu are basically military-grade weapons. So a flame-thrower in a Reptar costume isn't that farfetched.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe the veterans in the trailer/title screen are just the ones who are most relevant to the story mode plot? Newcomers are on the box just for being newcomers, but Rocko; Lucy; Reptar; e.t.c. are there because they're plot players while the likes of Lincoln and Sandy take a playable-but-not-important back seat in the story.
But if Shredder's back, why would he not potentially play an important role as a boss? That's something I've been conflicted with: It kind of looks like they wanted to cram all the bosses in that artwork, with the (physically) biggest bosses surrounding the main antagonist, and I think Shredder would be one.

Unless Vlad's legion of doom thinks NASB's Shredder is just like how he was depicted in TMNT87 and thus he's not worthy or something.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
But if Shredder's back, why would he not potentially play an important role as a boss? That's something I've been conflicted with: It kind of looks like they wanted to cram all the bosses in that artwork, with the (physically) biggest bosses surrounding the main antagonist, and I think Shredder would be one.

Unless Vlad's legion of doom thinks NASB's Shredder is just like how he was depicted in TMNT87 and thus he's not worthy or something.
And yet they decided Plankton was worth having around? Dude's big aspiration is stealing a burger recipe.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And yet they decided Plankton was worth having around? Dude's big aspiration is stealing a burger recipe.
He gets special benefits for having worked with Vlad before.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In the Rugrats universe the stuff built for children's entertainment uses very realistic special effects. Some of the children's toys developed by Stu are basically military-grade weapons. So a flame-thrower in a Reptar costume isn't that farfetched.
Isn't the whole crux of this argument about things being CANON? Things they've actually done? You can't have it both ways. And even then, the dude's face is still there. How is it gonna occupy the same spot as a flamethrower.

You don't need to make stuff up to fit. Occam's razor suggests they just dropped the canon requirement.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Isn't the whole crux of this argument about things being CANON? Things they've actually done? You can't have it both ways. And even then, the dude's face is still there. How is it gonna occupy the same spot as a flamethrower.

You don't need to make stuff up to fit. Occam's razor suggests they just dropped the canon requirement.
You're putting waaay too much thought into it. "Canon" in the context of NASB costumes probably just means versions of the character that appeared in their home series and fits the fighter's skeleton just so that the devs don't put in original color schemes for whatever weird legal mandates Viacom has. It's not anything that should be thought about in terms of adapting the moveset to match the costumes, just fun alts.

Even the Turtles' alts are just reskins of their black and white comic counterparts with '87 proportions, something that isn't really "canon" to the '87 series and also hasn't been done afaik. Canon just means non-original colors/costumes most likely.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You're putting waaay too much thought into it. "Canon" in the context of NASB costumes probably just means versions of the character that appeared in their home series and fits the fighter's skeleton just so that the devs don't put in original color schemes for whatever weird legal mandates Viacom has. It's not anything that should be thought about in terms of adapting the moveset to match the costumes, just fun alts.

Even the Turtles' alts are just reskins of their black and white comic counterparts, something that isn't really "canon" to the '87 series and also hasn't been done afaik. Canon just means non-original colors/costumes most likely.
Considering they've confirmed everyone is getting an extra alt, I really don't think they're keeping that requirement.

If they were then we wouldn't be getting Manny since he only wears like three things during the entire series. Manny needs at least five alts to meet this requirement.

There you go.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Thats a lot of excess work for a single costume. Not everything has to be that complex, Smash has spoiled us
Smash alt costumes aren't complex either? The most is the occasional different taunt or idle animation like with Inkling, and even that is only followed by like... the Koopalings' barely visible wands, and then nothing. I've seen amateur Smash mods do super simple stuff like the proposed ashed-up Reptar head here (one that comes to mind is a really silly PaRappa model swap over Ness that replaced Ness' ashed form in his intro with PaRappa's skateboard) - hell, Slap City replaces a lot of characters' weapons depending on alts, like Bees' cards over Frallan's pills - Masked Ruby's Human Fred alt outright gets an extra weapon (Ruby usually only has one sword design, but Human Fred gets a foot sword alongside his hand sword for low-reaching and dual-wielding attacks - keep in mind that Human Fred, unlike the two alts I'm about to mention, doesn't even have any recolours of his own) Ansaksie and Atavist add an extra limb to Asha that is fully animated. Simply adding an extra texture to toggle for human-Reptar's face would be nothing.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Reptar. Unless they're doing full model swaps for MechaReptar, there's no way that's the case since Reptar only has those options
They could do Robot Reptar (from Runaway Reptar, specifically the part where he has a robot head) and Reptar in Space from the reboot aswell

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Considering they've confirmed everyone is getting an extra alt, I really don't think they're keeping that requirement.

If they were then we wouldn't be getting Manny since he only wears like three things during the entire series. Manny needs at least five alts to meet this requirement.

There you go.
Considering extra clothing/accessories count as alt costumes, there are actually quite a few "canon" alts that could be used for El Tigre (though they'd probably reserve La Tigresa for a premium skin with alternate voicelines):
DNlxM1OWsAA6Qyq.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-03 3.48.35 PM.png
MV5BNWFiMzM3MWEtNGJlOC00MzBhLWE1NjktM2M2ZWNkOWQ3OTA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA4OTIyMzY@._V1_.jpg

There are also various other civilian outfits that were used either once or sparingly, but I'm too lazy to look them all up.

Disclaimer: I think that the "canon" alt mandate is stupid as hell, but unless there's been a recent dev twitter post/interview regarding the mandate there isn't really any evidence that it has been changed/lifted. I'd like it to be lifted, but considering that all the alts we've seen so far pass the "canon" mandate as far as I'm aware, I don't think that's the case for now.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Do we actually know if all of the characters are only getting 4 alts? Like, yeah, we know the DLC characters are getting 3 alts each, but we haven't really received anything about base game

Also, maybe Dog Suit GIR is an EX form for Zim's GIR summon move?

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
This might be crazy but your post just made me think, what if
some of the characters are cut because it was impossible to give them 4 alts with Nick restrictions? Of course this doesn't fit the turtles and Lincoln for example, but like Oblina and CatDog it would probably be very hard, if not impossible to give them 4 alts. So what if the team just gave up on them because Nick restrictions were too hard for those?
CatDog has a clown costume and a vacation outfit

FazDude

Smash Master
the nasb budget when a character skin has one unique expression

In all seriousness, I doubt we'll be getting anything like a guy in a Reptar suit, but I doubt doing so is much of a strain on the budget. Sure, NASB doesn't have nearly as much financial backing as Smash, but I highly doubt a quick alt swap is an overly taxing add.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I get the feeling people will be dissapointed with the beavers

And by that i mean just here cause everywhere i see the beavers are expected to be one characters.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASBcord when two characters from a tv show aren't interchangeable clones and don't operate on player one/player two logic.

NASBcord when they see Nickelodeon shirts on sale at Hot Topic and they all feature shows that lasted for more than 1 season

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I get the feeling people will be dissapointed with the beavers

And by that i mean just here cause everywhere i see the beavers are expected to be one characters.
Well, yeah. The fanbase has always been divided over whether they want the Beavers to either be a 2-in-1 fighter or separate fighters entirely.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Luckily the NASB2 trailer song was easier to find
And it contains more mentions of Batman than I'd expect from a song chosen for NASB (no not because of any nasb vs mvs rivalry)

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Currently hiding out here from maincord to avoid the duo debate for the 100th time because apparently you’re not a real fan(s) if you don’t want every duo in existence to be glued together. I am praying that Beavers are separate or at least Aegis style so that these ridiculous arguments can be silenced (they won’t be)

Top Bottom