• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Currently hiding out here from maincord to avoid the duo debate for the 100th time because apparently you’re not a real fan(s) if you don’t want every duo in existence to be glued together. I am praying that Beavers are separate or at least Aegis style so that these ridiculous arguments can be silenced (they won’t be)
Youre not a real fan if you've actually watched the show!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
because apparently you’re not a real fan(s) if you don’t want every duo in existence to be glued together.
It turns out, the real reason why Movie Sonic causes controversy among NASB fans isn't because the movies aren't advertised as Nick movies, but because the demand isn't centered around PT-ifying Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In regards, to cuts, let me take a look at this from a conservative angle (assuming Vlad is just a boss, the Beavers are together, and GIR is still part of Zim's moveset). We have 18 100% officially confirmed characters, 1 heavily likely returning (Hugh) and 7 truly new fighters. That makes a total of 26, one more than the ending roster of the original. In order to meet the "more characters" quota, again being conservative, I'd expect roughly 32 to be a reasonable size. That means of the 10 remaining fighters, 6 could still be returning for the base roster. And as much as some people don't like the idea, it's still possible some vets could return as DLC. Other fighting games do it, Smash has done it, I guarantee Rivals of Aether 2 will do it, it's not the end of the world. So there 100% could be a reality where most of the previous game's roster returns in base.

For the sake of argument, let's say the entire roster returns, Beavers are still one, Vlad's still not playable, GIR is still a move. Now we have 36. Still smaller than Brawl's roster. The DLC would make a nice even 40 with 15 of them being all new. Would be nice.

Then let's go the extra mile, and say Dag and Norb are seperate, Vlad's playable, and GIR is seperate. We end on 43. Still imo pretty reasonable after DLC I'd reckon.

At the very least, I expect no less than 32, with no more than 4 cuts, and I'd expect some of them to return as DLC... especially with a second season (Buy the game, buy the DLC ya'll.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hope they fixed Korra heard she wasn't the best in the first game.
She wasn't, but she's been improved in patches. Not that that matters since movesets in NASB2 are getting fully redone.

In regards, to cuts, let me take a look at this from a conservative angle (assuming Vlad is just a boss, the Beavers are together, and GIR is still part of Zim's moveset). We have 18 100% officially confirmed characters, 1 heavily likely returning (Hugh) and 7 truly new fighters. That makes a total of 26, one more than the ending roster of the original. In order to meet the "more characters" quota, again being conservative, I'd expect roughly 32 to be a reasonable size. That means of the 10 remaining fighters, 6 could still be returning for the base roster. And as much as some people don't like the idea, it's still possible some vets could return as DLC. Other fighting games do it, Smash has done it, I guarantee Rivals of Aether 2 will do it, it's not the end of the world. So there 100% could be a reality where most of the previous game's roster returns in base.

For the sake of argument, let's say the entire roster returns, Beavers are still one, Vlad's still not playable, GIR is still a move. Now we have 36. Still smaller than Brawl's roster. The DLC would make a nice even 40 with 15 of them being all new. Would be nice.

Then let's go the extra mile, and say Dag and Norb are seperate, Vlad's playable, and GIR is seperate. We end on 43. Still imo pretty reasonable after DLC I'd reckon.

At the very least, I expect no less than 32, with no more than 4 cuts, and I'd expect some of them to return as DLC... especially with a second season (Buy the game, buy the DLC ya'll.)
I hope your speculation is correct. 4 cuts at most would be acceptable.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 375557

Judging from this screenshot, it looks like they increased the size of Aang (and presumably other Avatar reps) so hopefully they won't seem so weirdly tiny anymore.
Just hope it doesn't come at the cost of making Helga bigger too so she still towers over them. Maybe with Gerald being in they'll be more careful about character heights regardless, he should only be taller/the same height as April if you're counting his hair.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just hope it doesn't come at the cost of making Helga bigger too so she still towers over them. Maybe with Gerald being in they'll be more careful about character heights regardless, he should only be taller/the same height as April if you're counting his hair.
Helga's height was fine, it was just the fact that Lincoln Loud was taller than Aang and Toph that was the issue

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm hoping we get at least one band aid ripped off tomorrow. New character reveal, if there are any cuts, Rugrats babies, GIR, solo or duo Beavers, something, anything.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm personally not holding my breath for anything other than the breakdown of the basic gameplay mechanics. Not saying it's impossible to get something else shown off, but I'm not betting on it.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Should we expect any reveals beyond gameplay showcase tomorrow?

At the very least confirm a veteran or two.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Should we expect any reveals beyond gameplay showcase tomorrow?

At the very least confirm a veteran or two.
They might reveal some newcomers too, but the cat's out of the bag there. We already know all the newcomers.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Do we know what time is the gameplay showcase? Looking at evo schedule there's a special industry showcase from 1pm to 9pm, which I assume is where the announcement will take place but I'm not really sure (and I don't want to watch 8 hours of video).

Evo Tournament Schedule

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I’ve been wondering and looking for if there actually would be an Icies equivalent that they could add and I think I finally found it in The Fatheads from Rocko
View attachment 375572
I actually had an idea too for an Ice climbers type character. Phil and Lil from Rugrats. They're never seen not together and they have exactly the same personality.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I’ve been wondering and looking for if there actually would be an Icies equivalent that they could add and I think I finally found it in The Fatheads from Rocko
View attachment 375572
I actually had an idea too for an Ice climbers type character. Phil and Lil from Rugrats. They're never seen not together and they have exactly the same personality.
My personal idea for an Ice Climbers esque character would be the Almighty Tallest from Invader Zim. Exact same model, just different colors.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't expect character reveals at what's meant to be a gameplay showcase, but if any unconfirmed characters were to appear, I'd bank on a veteran that hasn't been shown off yet, like Sandy, Toph, or Hugh.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wouldn't expect character reveals at what's meant to be a gameplay showcase, but if any unconfirmed characters were to appear, I'd bank on a veteran that hasn't been shown off yet, like Sandy, Toph, or Hugh.
All the newcomers got leaked already so they've got nothing to hide now.

Top Bottom