• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If they HAVE to launch with two Turtles again, I hope they understand the demand enough to prioritize making Leo and Mike free updates.

too bad the version of NASB2 with two turtles will be the only version I can play with others before the internet tells people not to play it again

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Never wanna speak too soon. But I could see this game going longer than the original. Possibly a season 2. So maybe they could add back some cuts over time

Or who knows. Maybe we get Nick all star brawl ultimate eventually,

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Never wanna speak too soon. But I could see this game going longer than the original. Possibly a season 2. So maybe they could add back some cuts over time

Or who knows. Maybe we get Nick all star brawl ultimate eventually,
Even if NASB actually could have been saved by the updates that should've, I think GM would still want there to be a new one every 2 years. 2 passes would drain 3 of potential resources, but then again they don't seem to be afraid of NKR4 inevitably being a steaming pile of mediocrity thanks to Bamtang being forced to push it out in 2024 while working on two games for this year.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do think it's very likely that some of the cuts (possibly all depending on the cut quantity) will be DLC of some kind, probably paid, but also not part of the mystery pack - and even if they were part of the mystery pack, I don't think I could really complain.

The only reasons I'm buying the digital deluxe are because I want the costumes, and - unlike Smash - I can't really imagine any non-racially-insensitive Nicktoon character inclusions I'd find outright disappointing - even the angry-critic-bait shows like Breadwinners I think have a lot of merit from a moveset perspective.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm sure the pass will have at least one character I'll like but I'm not so sure about splurging on the deluxe edition and I shouldn't have to explain why.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The only reasons I'm buying the digital deluxe are because I want the costumes, and - unlike Smash - I can't really imagine any non-racially-insensitive Nicktoon character inclusions I'd find outright disappointing - even the angry-critic-bait shows like Breadwinners I think have a lot of merit from a moveset perspective.
you mean you want tak?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, with all this emphasis on the new story mode and including villains for its sake, I'm wondering if this time you'll have to unlock the characters to motivate you to actually play it.

I know it'd probably be somewhat controversial but it's what Smash does (with good reason) and it'd probably extend the game's life at least a tiny bit.

It'd explain why some veterans who are likely to come back like Catdog and Hugh aren't on the key art. So there's at least a couple surprise unlocks when you play through the story compaign.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ya know, with all this emphasis on the new story mode and including villains for its sake, I'm wondering if this time you'll have to unlock the characters to motivate you to actually play it.

I know it'd probably be somewhat controversial but it's what Smash does (with good reason) and it'd probably extend the game's life at least a tiny bit.

It'd explain why some veterans who are likely to come back like Catdog and Hugh aren't on the key art. So there's at least a couple surprise unlocks when you play through the story compaign.
Oh god. Please no.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

This is like the only scenario I see besides 11 cuts happening, because I can’t imagine why the splash art would exist in the state that it’s in and not include those 11 unless you weren’t meant to have them unlocked from the start

Granted, it’d be going back on Ludosity’s claim to not like having to unlock characters but who knows

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is like the only scenario I see besides 11 cuts happening, because I can’t imagine why the splash art would exist in the state that it’s in and not include those 11 unless you weren’t meant to have them unlocked from the start

Granted, it’d be going back on Ludosity’s claim to not like having to unlock characters but who knows
I'm not really expecting unlockable characters at all.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If they HAVE to launch with two Turtles again, I hope they understand the demand enough to prioritize making Leo and Mike free updates.

too bad the version of NASB2 with two turtles will be the only version I can play with others before the internet tells people not to play it again
I'm not really expecting FreeLC this time. They've already announced plans for a Season Pass next year, it'd be weird for them to put those on hold to add a bunch of old guys for free.

If that's the case, I just hope there's a quick way to unlock them without playing Story Mode. I WEEP for TO's if that's not the case.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Between the discussions about whether or not it's okay to include Ember after something a fanatic of hers did IRL, there's something else we've failed to consider: How is she supposed to have 4 costumes under the "canon alts only" rule? Even PTM doesn't have this issue.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Between the discussions about whether or not it's okay to include Ember after something a fanatic of hers did IRL, there's something else we've failed to consider: How is she supposed to have 4 costumes under the "canon alts only" rule? Even PTM doesn't have this issue.
Have we determined if the new black April alt is canon yet?

Anyway, did a quick browse through the wiki gallery - she has a pirate version, a fully blue version, a short hair version and an unused concept version of her pirate design with different colours - not sure if they can use that last one though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If that's the case, I just hope there's a quick way to unlock them without playing Story Mode. I WEEP for TO's if that's not the case.
I think this would be main issue with my theory. Game Mill definitely wants to appeal to the competitive crowd.

So if there are unlocks, I bet they'd put in a cheat code or tournament mode or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Barring cases that would alter hitboxes and whatnot, there are at the very least these two, though I had to really look for the second one lmao.
S02e03_Ember_hears_commotion_on_deck.png
S03M04_ghosts_floating_up.png

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Barring cases that would alter hitboxes and whatnot, there are at the very least these two, though I had to really look for the second one lmao.
Yeah, I knew about the pirate outfit and fat Ember, I just knew the latter would be impossible since the animations are likely to be made with her thin self in mind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I knew about the pirate outfit and fat Ember, I just knew the latter would be impossible since the animations are likely to be made with her thin self in mind.
Yeah that's what I meant by the hitbox thing lol. The timeskip version really couldn't use the same skeleton rigging, and would have a different build.

There's also the option to have her be a translucent blue, but that may cause visibility issues.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Have we determined if the new black April alt is canon yet?

Anyway, did a quick browse through the wiki gallery - she has a pirate version, a fully blue version, a short hair version and an unused concept version of her pirate design with different colours - not sure if they can use that last one though.
Apparently the black April alt is actually based on the 2012 series.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah that's what I meant by the hitbox thing lol. The timeskip version really couldn't use the same skeleton rigging, and would have a different build.

There's also the option to have her be a translucent blue, but that may cause visibility issues.
The skeleton/hit box thing is what has me curious about GIR. GIR’s normal robot self and the dog suit have very different proportions. That’s most likely why the dog suit wasn’t in the first game.
It’d probably be easier if he were still just ZIM’s puppet but I’d be really curious to see how they pull it off with a playable GIR.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I always enjoy unlocking characters in games, but I understand why fighting games and many players aren't keen on it. That said, I always thought that a nice balance would be to feature unlockable characters, but offer a way to unlock everything right away for the sake of tournaments or for those who don't want to bother, such as a code or even just an option in the settings. I know ARMS actually did something like this, though when the feature was on you were still prohibited from using ARMS that you hadn't actually unlocked when playing online. It was solely for offline tournaments.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Unlockables are controversial??? That's like the main fun thing in singleplayer smash.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This might be crazy but your post just made me think, what if
some of the characters are cut because it was impossible to give them 4 alts with Nick restrictions? Of course this doesn't fit the turtles and Lincoln for example, but like Oblina and CatDog it would probably be very hard, if not impossible to give them 4 alts. So what if the team just gave up on them because Nick restrictions were too hard for those?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
some of the characters are cut because it was impossible to give them 4 alts with Nick restrictions? Of course this doesn't fit the turtles and Lincoln for example, but like Oblina and CatDog it would probably be very hard, if not impossible to give them 4 alts. So what if the team just gave up on them because Nick restrictions were too hard for those?
Pressing X to doubt on CatDog, because
I see 4 potential costumes on Cat's gallery alone.
On the subject of theories as to why a character might be cut, I wonder if GameMill forced them to cut Helga because she was the least played character in NKR3, ignoring the fact that it was impossible to unlock her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pressing X to doubt on CatDog, because
I see 4 potential costumes on Cat's gallery alone.
On the subject of theories as to why a character might be cut, I wonder if GameMill forced them to cut Helga because she was the least played character in NKR3, ignoring the fact that it was impossible to unlock her.
I wouldn't put a ton of stock into that, mostly because Helga actually gets used quite a bit competitively in NASB1, so usage for a different game doesn't make too much sense to me, even for a company like Game Mill.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Reptar. Unless they're doing full model swaps for MechaReptar, there's no way that's the case since Reptar only has those options

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Maybe the veterans in the trailer/title screen are just the ones who are most relevant to the story mode plot? Newcomers are on the box just for being newcomers, but Rocko; Lucy; Reptar; e.t.c. are there because they're plot players while the likes of Lincoln and Sandy take a playable-but-not-important back seat in the story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom