• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didn't expect that for SpongeBob Final smash, but I'm not disappointed, can't wait to see the other characters moves. And the few new moves I saw on SpongeBob looks very cool too. I'm excited for the future character showcase.

In regard with the leak
Yeah I know people hate cut characters, but with those new mechanics, revamped graphics, cinematics super moves, story modes, and more unlockable contents, and with 11 newcomers, there's no way everyone is coming back. I'm sorry but at this point I think the art leak is what we'll get.
I'm sorry but you can't say "more characters" in your advertising but then proceed to have less characters than the first one. We're getting more characters.

I'm a bit more inclined to expect cuts now but I stand by my post from yesterday

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm sorry but you can't say "more characters" in your advertising but then proceed to have less characters than the first one. We're getting more characters.

I'm a bit more inclined to expect cuts now but I stand by my post from yesterday
To be fair GameMill is bad enough at marketing to think a roster that either barely or literally isn't bigger than NASB1 pre-DLC can be advertised as a "bigger roster".

But if there are all 11 cuts, I'm gonna be deadset on the pass being Timmy, Zuko, Otis, and both Leo and Mikey as fighter 4 with some shared moves to make it easier to add 2 fighters in one DLC. I refuse to believe they're tonedeaf enough to think people wanted Raph and Don because they hated the other two Turtles,

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, looking at the Plankton reveal again and seeing the robot's size compared to SpongeBob, I can definitely tell what PapaGenos meant by the robot being the biggest character in the game; I'm pretty sure it was slightly taller than even Reptar.

Also, I love that part of Plankton's jab involved Karen performing a rapid-fire punch attack; that's pretty funny!

Also also, with Patrick's Neutral Special being the buff spin attack that used to be his Strong Dash attack, I had a thought: did they confirm that Dash Attacks are returning?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Didn't have the chance to watch, but I'm glad everyone enjoyed it! The Plankton reveal looks super funny as well.

Also thanks for the insult... xP

What was Spongebob's final smash? Can't find a recording of the presentation anywhere...

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Didn't have the chance to watch, but I'm glad everyone enjoyed it! The Plankton reveal looks super funny as well.

Also thanks for the insult... xP

What was Spongebob's final smash? Can't find a recording of the presentation anywhere...
Mrs. Puff appears in a boat and he drives around wrecking into stuff including Squidward, it’s a pre-rendered cutscene I do believe

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
What else was shown in the trailer aside from slime cancelling and final smashes?

Also, air dashes only dash if you use the meter? I really hope it doesn't become super cetralizing...

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Plankton stage observations
  1. FD form Irken, looks pretty long though.
  2. Smashville form Technodrome
  3. A rather strange Technodrome variant with two off-stage platforms to the left, and none to the right

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
What else was shown in the trailer aside from slime cancelling and final smashes?

Also, air dashes only dash if you use the meter? I really hope it doesn't become super cetralizing...
Don’t worry Chief someone got a rip of the showcase already

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Plankton looks cool (they should have made Planton himself just a smidge bigger so he's easier to see but it's not a huge deal).

Can I say I'm not really a fan of Spongebob's new model? He looks stiff and the wiggly texture on his body is barely there. Kinda reminds me of how they drew him in seasons 6-8, which... no, just no.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Just watched the video, they did a great job presenting it (and I ove how the platforms rock in Flying Dutchman's Ship now!), but I don't know how I feel about centralizing the game's mechanics around a meter. Also how do you even activate the slime cancel itself?

The burst should at least be a good tool for characters like Reptar, though.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
As expected, I'm really excited about what this game's mechanics have to offer. The RPS system in the first game was pretty inconsequential and really just made certain interactions janky, so I don't think I'll miss it. As much as I liked comboing people in NASB1, it did feel a little touch-of-death-y at times and I hope the new defensive options will make getting out of pressure more fair without making advantage feel unrewarding. (The game actually having a burst is also really funny.) I cannot WAIT to see the big-brain **** I can pull with EX specials and slime canceling. The online streets WILL NOT be safe from my Garfield.
On the topic of Plankton, I actually think he looks neat! He doesn't seem as toxic as I was expecting, and I really enjoy how Karen shows up in his moveset. He's also just really well-animated in general, which isn't surprising given how much of a glow-up this game is from 1. Mr. Lawrence kills it in the VA department, of course. I'm sold on him now, even if I would've preferred Krabs. I actually think I'm more excited to try him than Squidward, which I wasn't expecting at all.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Plankton looks cool (they should have made Planton himself just a smidge bigger so he's easier to see but it's not a huge deal).

Can I say I'm not really a fan of Spongebob's new model? He looks stiff and the wiggly texture on his body is barely there. Kinda reminds me of how they drew him in seasons 6-8, which... no, just no.
I notice the new profile icon of your character, it looks pretty cute

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Looking at the Plankton reveal again, I think I've figured out what his Specials are:

Neutral Special: He sprays what I'm guessing is ketchup at opponents.

Side Special: Rocketing forward via boosters.

Up Special: I believe it's the move where he's seen leaping up and slamming down with the opponent ala Incineroar's throw.

Down Special: I think it's the move where he's seen sucking the opponent down towards him; that move screamed down Special to me.

Finally, on a different note, after seeing the cinematic for SpongeBob's Super Move, I'm calling it now: those shots of Handsome Squidward are from his Super Move.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No, the gameplay showcase was only SpongeBob and Patrick and Plankton trailer only had SpongeBob and Patrick again, with Jimmy and Reptar too.
I'm starting to get concerned that the characters on the poster actually are the full roster of this game, and we're gonna have a whopping 11 cuts.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 375592
some more gameplay details from a playtester, sad to see air grabbing is gone but the rest of this is welcome
Oof, there's some bad news here. Not a side special fan, and I'll miss strong dash, dash cancelling, and especially projectile grabs.

HOWEVER - it's still mostly good! Smash throws I think are great, everything new said here about meter seems good, dash grabs are great, the approach to strongs outside of the removal of dash is good. Cancels only nerfing knockback is genius because well, it's not really a nerf when you're considering a combo-based tool!

I could never really figure out air grabs so I'm indifferent on that

Faso115

Smash Lord
Might as well make a list:

Confirmed through gameplay: Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, Nigel, Lucy, Rocko, Jenny, Reptar, Raphael, Donnatelo, April, Aang, Korra, Ren and Stimpy, Danny, Garfield, Jimmy, Plankton, Zim

Seen in the NASB1 portion: Lincoln, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Helga, Sandy

Not seen at all: Toph, PTM, Oblina, Hugh, Shredder, Catdog

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
As expected, I'm really excited about what this game's mechanics have to offer. The RPS system in the first game was pretty inconsequential and really just made certain interactions janky, so I don't think I'll miss it. As much as I liked comboing people in NASB1, it did feel a little touch-of-death-y at times and I hope the new defensive options will make getting out of pressure more fair without making advantage feel unrewarding. (The game actually having a burst is also really funny.) I cannot WAIT to see the big-brain **** I can pull with EX specials and slime canceling. The online streets WILL NOT be safe from my Garfield.
On the topic of Plankton, I actually think he looks neat! He doesn't seem as toxic as I was expecting, and I really enjoy how Karen shows up in his moveset. He's also just really well-animated in general, which isn't surprising given how much of a glow-up this game is from 1. Mr. Lawrence kills it in the VA department, of course. I'm sold on him now, even if I would've preferred Krabs. I actually think I'm more excited to try him than Squidward, which I wasn't expecting at all.
Honestly, I can barely wrap my head around some of this stuff, I don't really play any fighting games outside of this and Smash. You all could beat me super easily, and I still need to get around to pulling my rank back up to the default in NASB1.

And yeah, the budget increase is continuing to be felt!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do wonder how two-part moves like Pooky (the bear, not the grandma) will work with EX - will throwing Pooky be the EX input, or sending Pooky back? I'm sure there's precedent for this sort of thing in tradfighters, but still.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Damn. All the non-Smash platfighter sequels are making themselves more like Smash.
The game still looks really good I'm just still salty about Rivals 2.

Anyways, while the removal of cargo grabs and projectile grabs annoy me I'm still excited to see how the slime meter can shake things up and how the characters will all play. It does still seem like an improvement in general.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Oof, there's some bad news here. Not a side special fan, and I'll miss strong dash, dash cancelling, and especially projectile grabs.

HOWEVER - it's still mostly good! Smash throws I think are great, everything new said here about meter seems good, dash grabs are great, the approach to strongs outside of the removal of dash is good. Cancels only nerfing knockback is genius because well, it's not really a nerf when you're considering a combo-based tool!

I could never really figure out air grabs so I'm indifferent on that
Honestly I think projectile grabs was a pretty stupid mechanic. I mean, it was fun to play around with but it just made every projectile way too useless. I think removing this mechanic will indirectly be a big buff to character like Zim.

Dash cancel I'm mostyly neutral on. Again, it was fun to work with but I think it just made the neutral game focus way too much on dashing.

I agree that I'll miss Strong dash tho. Not sure why you hate Side special that much, having more moves is always welcome imo.

It's been said to death already in regards to cuts but

I can't think of a single scenario where anyone sits down and thinks to themselves "Ya know what? We should cut 2 of the Ninja Turtles... and replace them with 2 of the Ninja Turtles."
I hope the developers aren't stupid enough to make that choice.

Top Bottom