• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't think I'll miss grabbing projectiles much if we can still reflect projectiles with strong attacks. Universal reflect options are good and there's a reason practically every non-Smash platform fighter has adopted them as the standard.
EDIT: Just realized we won't be able to grab Garfield's pie after hitting people with it anymore. Pour one out for an incredibly funny, if abusable tech.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but do you think we'll get a stage without a character? I ask because I'd like something like Barnyard or ChalkZone to get a stage, at least.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Just saw the gameplay trailer, I'm pretty blown away with how polished it looks compared to the first game. I was expecting improvement, but this honestly exceeded my expectations. I also like the look of the new mechanics much more than the old rock-paper-scissors.

Also, Planktemkin

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's insane how this game seems more polished than Multiversus. It would be insane to think last year when everyone was praising MVS by doing what NASB didn't

And now NASB is doing what MVS didn't. Extra modes and arcade that is actually pretty interesting (ok the last part is pure speculation but at the very least, beats the lackluster side moves MVS had

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Speaking of, has anyone brought this up yet? Was from 2022

They had to have been working on 2 by that point, right? This is probably a teasing hint.
I say we take this as a good sign rather than a hard confirmation that all four Turtles are back. Just to be on the safe side.
It's insane how this game seems more polished than Multiversus. It would be insane to think last year when everyone was praising MVS by doing what NASB didn't

And now NASB is doing what MVS didn't. Extra modes and arcade that is actually pretty interesting (ok the last part is pure speculation but at the very least, beats the lackluster side moves MVS had
How the turntables…

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
They had to have been working on 2 by that point, right? This is probably a teasing hint.
I say we take this as a good sign rather than a hard confirmation that all four Turtles are back. Just to be on the safe side.
Ok but here is the weirder part

Why aren't adressing Donnie and Raph as newcomers? Like, no special mention or anything. They just show up in the trailer and box art like they were always there and it's kind of silly.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Would be insulting to me.

And there's that castle stage most likely from the LH Movie which was about him stepping out of the shadows of his siblings wanting to be special.

Having him not in the game and only Lucy being the LH rep doesn't feel right.
I didn't say I wanted him gone lol

But if we have to make some cuts, those are the ones I'm fine with losing.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm game with the thought process of just, not discussing cuts anymore until more solid evidence is put forth one way or another.

Not as a means to snip discussion in the bud, but moreso that we've basically covered everything there is to talk about in regards to the topic currently, and we've basically exhausted the discussion. We've seen a handful of vets, there's reason to believe a handful are guaranteed, and there's some missing. As it stands, that's literally all we know.

We can point fingers and say "I think X,Y,Z are cut and V,W are in", but that really doesn't get us anywhere, and frankly, I feel like the topic of cut discussion has really only spurned on what I can only describe as anxiety in the community since, I mean, NASB1's roster was already small enough, so the though of losing characters from an already small roster, from what are characters a lot of us grew up with, is understandable.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Ok but here is the weirder part

Why aren't adressing Donnie and Raph as newcomers? Like, no special mention or anything. They just show up in the trailer and box art like they were always there and it's kind of silly.
Well technically speaking we weren’t supposed to see the splash art yet

Even so I agree it’s weird that they haven’t like, properly revealed Donnie and Raph

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm game with the thought process of just, not discussing cuts anymore until more solid evidence is put forth one way or another.

Not as a means to snip discussion in the bud, but moreso that we've basically covered everything there is to talk about in regards to the topic currently, and we've basically exhausted the discussion. We've seen a handful of vets, there's reason to believe a handful are guaranteed, and there's some missing. As it stands, that's literally all we know.

We can point fingers and say "I think X,Y,Z are cut and V,W are in", but that really doesn't get us anywhere, and frankly, I feel like the topic of cut discussion has really only spurned on what I can only describe as anxiety in the community since, I mean, NASB1's roster was already small enough, so the though of losing characters from an already small roster, from what are characters a lot of us grew up with, is understandable.
The problem is, what else is there?

As far as we know, all the newcomers have been leaked, and there's only one who's still up in the air if they're a separate character or not.
We've run out of stuff to say about the Rugrats babies, solo or duo Beavers, whatever it is holding back Timmy Turner, etc

If it weren't for the leak, we could still speculate newcomers, but... we can't.

Shroob

Sup?
The problem is, what else is there?

As far as we know, all the newcomers have been leaked, and there's only one who's still up in the air if they're a separate character or not.
We've run out of stuff to say about the Rugrats babies, solo or duo Beavers, whatever it is holding back Timmy Turner, etc

If it weren't for the leak, we could still speculate newcomers, but... we can't.
Yeah, that's kinda the big issue ain't it.

Can't really discuss Newcomer possibilities since, they've all been laid bare.

But discussing cuts is kinda making everyone on edge and anxious.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Well technically speaking we weren’t supposed to see the splash art yet

Even so I agree it’s weird that they haven’t like, properly revealed Donnie and Raph

Except this one is publicly available, shown with the very first trailer and Raph is right there. Yet no mention him.

There's something up with the turtles. I get the feeling they just divided the four into 2 or even 1 slot like Injustice 2 did.

Shroob

Sup?

Except this one is publicly available, shown with the very first trailer and Raph is right there. Yet no mention him.

There's something up with the turtles. I get the feeling they just divided the four into 2 or even 1 slot like Injustice 2 did.
"For our next reveal, you can now stack Echo FightersTurtles."

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

I like how they make Vlad look so menacing, I look forward to his showcase.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Do we know with absolute certainty that this game won’t have any free post-launch characters like Garf and Shredder were in NASB1? That could theoretically be a way some veterans not in the key art could return, assuming they’re not in the game anyway. I know that they already announced paid DLC, but they theoretically could do both paid newcomers and free veterans simultaneously (although IDK how practical that is in terms of development costs.)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Do we know with absolute certainty that this game won’t have any free post-launch characters like Garf and Shredder were in NASB1? That could theoretically be a way some veterans not in the key art could return. I know that they already announced paid DLC, but they theoretically could do both paid newcomers and free veterans simultaneously (although IDK how practical that is in terms of development costs.)
As far as we know, they've said nothing about that kinda thing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm gonna stay firm on there being no cuts, even if the game was rebuilt from scratch.
I kinda think they could be exaggerating, or have a little catch with that. Like, with the DLC fighters being higher quality and developed alongside the start of NASB2, I don't see a reason to scrap all the work done on them.
Do we know with absolute certainty that this game won’t have any free post-launch characters like Garf and Shredder were in NASB1? That could theoretically be a way some veterans not in the key art could return, assuming they’re not in the game anyway. I know that they already announced paid DLC, but they theoretically could do both paid newcomers and free veterans simultaneously (although IDK how practical that is in terms of development costs.)
Depends on if they finish all the characters they planned for the base.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Alright, how's this, we know of any other game announcement events that could realistically have a character reveal in it?

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Say hey, since we seem to have run out of stuff to talk about, how about Mrs. Puff showing up in SpongeBob's super? May be a little bit of a bummer for those who wanted her playable, but in my opinion, it's a great way to incorporate non-playable characters who otherwise wouldn't show up (and playable ones, seeing as Squidward also shows up despite not being the target of the super). As much as I want Carl, seeing him in Jimmy's super would make me happy as well, and assuming Hugh's back, his super should definitely be the Donut Boy theme song, complete with Quentin Smithee yelling at him to "GET LOST!!"

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Say hey, since we seem to have run out of stuff to talk about, how about Mrs. Puff showing up in SpongeBob's super? May be a little bit of a bummer for those who wanted her playable, but in my opinion, it's a great way to incorporate non-playable characters who otherwise wouldn't show up (and playable ones, seeing as Squidward also shows up despite not being the target of the super). As much as I want Carl, seeing him in Jimmy's super would make me happy as well, and assuming Hugh's back, his super should definitely be the Donut Boy theme song, complete with Quentin Smithee yelling at him to "GET LOST!!"
I'm more disappointed this wasn't Spongebob's super

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hearing all this talk about Supers, what ones would you guys have fighters get?

Here's some of my ideas:
  • Lincoln - Sisters fighting each other and dragging the opponents into their brawl
  • Nigel - A stampede of animals trampling the opponents
  • Zim - Florpus Hole
  • Reptar - Becomes kaiju sized and destroys a city with the opponents caught in the destruction
  • Sandy - Her hulking monstrous form back in the hibernation episode

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Here's some of my ideas:
  • Lincoln - Sisters fighting each other and dragging the opponents into their brawl
  • Zim - Florpus Hole
  • Reptar - Becomes kaiju sized and destroys a city with the opponents caught in the destruction
I think that Lincoln's would have him team up with Clyde and do a beat down on the opponent, Ace Savvy style.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Here's some of my ideas:
  • Zim - Florpus Hole
Sandy's NEEDS to be this.
SPONGEBOOOOOOOB.gif

I hope Garfield's super is him mailing the opponent to Abu Dhabi.
As for Ren & Stimpy...

Last edited:
Top Bottom