• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, glad that’s out of the way so NASB3 speculation can begin.
They pretty heavily implied that there's more DLC characters coming beyond these four. (unless this is a situation like "Ness has been in Smash Bros. until now" from the Smash Bros. Brawl blog, where everyone took that wording to mean that Ness was cut when it turned out that he wasn't)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Glad the four DLC characters are public knowledge now.

Honestly I really like the lineup. Krabs, Zuko, and Iroh are all amazing choices who I'm very happy to see, especially with their leaked movesets. And Rocksteady, despite not being a TMNT fan, looks incredibly fun based on the leaked footage. Plus, rhinos are cool animals so yeah lol.

Also the soft confirmation of more DLC waves is wonderful. At this point I'm hoping we get a few of the vets back, even if it's only really five specific ones I really want (Helga, Sandy, Hugh, CatDog, and Toph). Genuinely I can't think of very many newcomers I'd want at this point beyond either Rudy or Snap, Carl, and Arnold. Well, unless they go for something out of left field like Mrs. Puff or Harold, maybe.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For me, Krabs and then Zuko 'or' Iroh would've been great, but an extra fire bender on top is weird, and rocksteady.. is an ok choice, I liked tmnt when I was young. Whether I would get them or not really depends how they play, I don't feel like spending a lot on the game, though that might change if I'm really getting into it.

And how about leaving NASB 3 talk for a few years down the road xD

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For me, Krabs and then Zuko 'or' Iroh would've been great, but an extra fire bender on top is weird,
It's a shame Zuko is getting the reception he's getting. Unlike with the TMNT reps where I think they are trying to troll people who want all four turtles, I think they were legitimately trying to cater to fan demand by adding Zuko. They just didn't notice the fine print on not wanting three firebenders in the game. But to be fair, how could they when people were going "I want Zuko", not "I want one, and only one, firebender"?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Lincoln was always going to get cut. The hard truth is that he was very unpopular.
You know what, one last word on Lincoln before I never want to talk about him again.

Besides my actual thoughts on the character himself (I thought his depiction in the game was funny and expressive so I had no beef with him being there. They managed to make him come off very likeable.) I actually don't believe he was always meant to be cut.

I think there are four characters with solid evidence that they were meant to return or were even worked on but time constraints stopped them.

Hugh: This is the easiest one to prove. He was the product of a huge fan campaign. Papa Genos said he was in for a long time, he has a whopping five Story Mode portraits all facing to the right like the other playable characters, and he was built for NASB1 while NASB2 was being worked on, along with Jenny and Rocko who both made it back.

Powdered Toast Man: Same as Hugh, several right facing story mode portraits. He has the least amount of evidence, but he's also one of the only two cut vets with portraits at all.

Helga: The website for NASB2 had a placeholder page for Helga, which included blurbs that had the names of some of her moves from NASB1 and some Helga specific phrases. Helga has a stage cameo in the final game, one of only two cut vets to have one, which as we know does not deconfirm. My guess is they had a Helga model built for the game and decided to put her in as a stage cameo as a compromise.

and finally, Lincoln: There are two Loud House stages but only one Loud House character. Besides this and Hey Arnold having the reverse, Stage Theory holds up. Similarly to Helga, Lincoln has a stage cameo, the other of only two cut vets to have such, and is the only other Loud House character present in the game (that we know of) besides Lucy and any cameos present in her moveset. It's not unreasonable to assume the Stage Theory was supposed to be true and another Loud House character (and a second Hey Arnold stage) was planned, and since Lincoln is in the same boat as Helga as the only two cut vets with stage cameos AND the only other Loud House character present at all, it's not impossible to deduce it was supposed to be him.

So that's my theory. We were supposed to get Lincoln but he missed the boat. Now let's all please shut up about him for a while.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For the record Zuko is actually my most excited of the four I just think Iroh, as much as I genuinely, do 100% love him as a character, feels like overdoing it. Plus with the weird fact that none of the TLA characters are getting their actual VAs even when possible just makes me a little disappointed in their representation.

Krabs is my second most hyped because he just makes total sense and he's one of my favorite characters in the show.

Iroh would be a pleasant surprise if we didn't have Azula. If we had Toph instead I would be totally down for him because then all the best main characters from Avatar would be there.

Rocksteady can go die in a ditch for all I care. At least he has some cool moveset potential, but he's so unnecessary when characters like CatDog, Helga, and the other two Turtles missed the boat. ...though to be honest I still like him more than April. By far my most hated character in the lineup.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You know I and many others are getting sickand tired of this needless pessimism. You're bringing down the whole thread with this crap. We've asked you, endlessly, nicely, to stop. What is your problem?

Are you seriously this butthurt that Lincoln got cut that you want everyone else to suffer?
Nope. I think this way because of GameMill’s involvement, especially after all the news came out about the development of Skull Island: Rise of Kong.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's a shame Zuko is getting the reception he's getting. Unlike with the TMNT reps where I think they are trying to troll people who want all four turtles, I think they were legitimately trying to cater to fan demand by adding Zuko. They just didn't notice the fine print on not wanting three firebenders in the game. But to be fair, how could they when people were going "I want Zuko", not "I want one, and only one, firebender"?
Well to me it seems obvious that if you're going to add more characters aside from zuko, people would like an earth or water bender for more feel of avatar (or, the series). People liking toph is something easy to go with, imagine if they had brought her back in dlc, that would've felt nice. I just.. really wonder who was behind the final decision for add both zuko and iroh.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
It is weird to think about how, of the five Avatar franchise characters in the game, all of them can firebend.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah I got nothing against this DLC lineup. I wanted Krabs, Zuko and Iroh, and Rocksteady adds a WTF pick to a game sorely lacking them.
I don't really see Rocksteady as a WTF pick tbh. I mean, He's pretty much TMNT most iconic vilains aside from Shredder and Krang.

I think people are mostly mad because Shredder was cut, but if we would have both it would have been actually super sick.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think people are mostly mad because Shredder was cut
It's more like people wanted a different Turtles selection than "two turtles, April, villain" this time.

While I think they just...didn't read the fine print on how people wanted Zuko in NASB, "I want Raph and Don so all 4 turtles can be playable" should be visible from space, not something you need a microscope to read.
GameMill. Is. Just. The. Publisher.

They're not the developers. Learn the damn difference.
You'd think it'd be more obvious that this game isn't made by the same people who made various bits of GameMill trash from how SpongeBob can't run backwards at 400MPH while clipping through everything

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's more like people wanted a different Turtles selection than "two turtles, April, villain" this time.

While I think they just...didn't read the fine print on how people wanted Zuko in NASB, "I want Raph and Don so all 4 turtles can be playable" should be visible from space, not something you need a microscope to read.
I don't think people wanting Zuko also came with the caveat "we only want one firebender", NASBcord just seems generally unpleasable.

I remember back during NASB1's RTC I said I'd love to see them figure out a way to have both Zuko and Iroh, and by god, the mad ******** actually did it. I'm excited as hell.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

I'd argue having Zuko in is equally obvious, not a "didn't read the fine print" moment. Zuko has been one of the most beloved characters in fiction for almost two decades at this point. The problem, imo, is that the devs are under the impression that prioritizing safe picks is bad for their roster when it's clearly not. It's okay to go with the picks people want, and when you're sidelining main character so frequently it becomes a massive criticism, those weird special cases lose their luster when they become the norm.

Like, looking at this lineup of fighters, which I believe is a massive step up by the by, we're missing two Turtles, Arnold, Eliza, Tommy, orange shirt, and we almost missed out on Danny. It's not special anymore. Niche picks should remain that way. Being experimental isn't an inherent problem, but ignoring your fanbase (and trolling them) is a good way for them to lose faith in you. Like, if they decided to go with Winslow over bringing CatDog back, would you think "oh wow what a quirky and creative pick!" Or "Yeah, that tracks for these devs."

Frankly, I'd be on the latter side.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Rocksteady isn't my most wanted TMNT character, but it's one the devs wanted since the first game, so I already know he's going to be super fun and unique! So, if anyone is skeptical about how hype he'll end up being, I say just let them cook, ahaha

If/when they add more Avatar characters one day, I'm hoping that we get some from Korra. Aside from Sokka, Asami is my most wanted (a non-bender would be interesting), but Lin, Bolin (earth and lava bending), or even Grandma Toph would be pretty cool

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The problem, imo, is that the devs are under the impression that prioritizing safe picks is bad for their roster when it's clearly not.
Youre doing the "Arnold's Grandma is here" thing.
Just because we only have two turtles again doesn't mean the roster is full of random bull****. We LOST some of the random bull**** characters FOR more safe protagonist picks. Rocksteady is the second of two out of the box picks (third of three if Ember counts I guess) and everyone else is either a protagonist or a major character, including Iroh.

Frankly, this roster is MORE safe than the last one. I wouldn't trade any of who we got, but I don't think a few wacky picks after adding in Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre, Norbert and Daggett, Squidward, Gerald and Zuko is going to ruin this game.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
If you ignore cuts, Rocksteady isn't a bad choice per say when you consider TMNT, April and Shredder were already playable. But when you factor that 3 out of 7 of those are cut it's just...a strange pick overall.

It also double weird because Rocksteady is a character that is part of a duo and by himself he is just....incomplete? It's like having Dagget or Norbert without the other being around or acknowledged

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It also double weird because Rocksteady is a character that is part of a duo and by himself he is just....incomplete? It's like having Dagget or Norbert without the other being around or acknowledged
That we know of. It's possible Bebop could be part of his special or summoned in assist moves.

FazDude

Smash Master
  • Mr. Krabs: W
  • Zuko: Honestly a really sensible pick - Really important/popular TLA character who was a big fan request.
  • Rocksteady: From the perspective of not having half the turtles and Shredder... I get it, Rocksteady's a weird pick. I'm good with him in a vacuum, but even disregarding the cut TMNT reps, I'd probably go with Splinter or Kraang before him. Again, though, not a bad pick (though not having Bebop in a major role, even if he will probably be part of the super move is a shame)
  • Iroh: A really solid character, but if I'm honest, he's probably the first out of this bunch I'd cut - Zuko was a bigger request, and even if they were on the same level, having two Firebenders repping nearly half of TLA's crew is a bit of an issue from a thematic standpoint.
Overall, the pass is half-really-cool-picks and half-picks-that-are-neat-but-feel-kinda-awkward-put-together-in-the-same-pass

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just because we only have two turtles again doesn't mean the roster is full of random bull*. We LOST some of the random bull* characters FOR more safe protagonist picks. Rocksteady is the second of two out of the box picks (third of three if Ember counts I guess) and everyone else is either a protagonist or a major character, including Iroh.

Frankly, this roster is MORE safe than the last one. I wouldn't trade any of who we got, but I don't think a few wacky picks after adding in Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre, Norbert and Daggett, Squidward, Gerald and Zuko is going to ruin this game.
Replace April with Leonardo, Rocksteady with Michelangelo, and Gertie with Helga or Arnold.

That's...pretty much all you have to do to make this a Super Serious Roster of Super Seriousness.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just because we only have two turtles again doesn't mean the roster is full of random bull*. We LOST some of the random bull* characters FOR more safe protagonist picks. Rocksteady is the second of two out of the box picks (third of three if Ember counts I guess) and everyone else is either a protagonist or a major character, including Iroh.

Au contraire my friend I actually think Gertie is a great pick and I also don't think Arnold would be a good pick. My issue solely revolves around their issues with the Turtles, if I didn't explain that properly that's my bad.

My issue comes in the fact they knew that people didn't want Raph and Donnie alone. They wanted them alongside the other two.

They rectified my issues with Hugh, and I'd gladly take him with open arms here. But I do think the devs need to chill with the "skip the protagonist" thing if there's not a good legitimate reason to do so, and there really was no good reason to skip the turtles here. I don't like the trolling theyre pulling, as it comes off to me as vindictive to their fans.

Wacky picks are fine, I'm just not in support of them coming before the bases are covered with the big names. Bring them all on after you've finished off the big names. That's always been how I've seen the roster.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Au contraire my friend I actually think Gertie is a great pick and I also don't think Arnold would be a good pick. My issue solely revolves around their issues with the Turtles, if I didn't explain that properly that's my bad.

My issue comes in the fact they knew that people didn't want Raph and Donnie alone. They wanted them alongside the other two.

They rectified my issues with Hugh, and I'd gladly take him with open arms here. But I do think the devs need to chill with the "skip the protagonist" thing if there's not a good legitimate reason to do so, and there really was no good reason to skip the turtles here. I don't like the trolling theyre pulling, as it comes off to me as vindictive to their fans.
I mean, I really don't think it's being done out of malice? They just prioritized other characters over two more turtles because it's what they had the time and money for. I'm sure in a perfect world they'd happily add in all four.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean, I really don't think it's being done out of malice? They just prioritized other characters over two more turtles because it's what they had the time and money for. I'm sure in a perfect world they'd happily add in all four.
I don't know maybe I'm just jaded with the way the world works but when I see that I just assume it's intended to troll and piss people off. This is the internet after all.

If they truly didn't have time for six turtles reps though, I just don't see why they wouldn't just do the turtles. They knew what people were asking for, they got rights to the first two last time, why not go for the rights to those two instead of April and Rocksteady?

I'm sorry but April's kit isnt that interesting that it needed to be priority over characters people love a lot more.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know maybe I'm just jaded with the way the world works but when I see that I just assume it's intended to troll and piss people off. This is the internet after all.

If they truly didn't have time for six turtles reps though, I just don't see why they wouldn't just do the turtles. They knew what people were asking for, they got rights to the first two last time, why not go for the rights to those two instead of April and Rocksteady?

I'm sorry but April's kit isnt that interesting that it needed to be priority over characters people love a lot more.
I will say, I do think the same argument against "too many Firebenders" could be made against "too many Turtles". Like I get WHY they want to have more variety in their TMNT picks. I don't know if I agree with it persay, but I get it.

For what it's worth, Leo and Mikey have models in the game and announcer calls in the files. Anything's possible.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
have models in the game
Well yeah, all you have to do is recolor Raph or Don's bandannas and change the R/D on their belt buckles to L/M and bam, you got your '87 Leo and Mikey models.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I will say, I do think the same argument for "too many Firebenders" could be made for "too many Turtles". Like I get WHY they want to have more variety in their TMNT picks. I don't know if I agree with it persay, but I get it.

For what it's worth, Leo and Mikey have models in the game and announcer calls in the files. Anything's possible.
I get what you mean but with firebenders there's only so many ways you can blast fire at each other whereas the turtles all have different weapon types that function very differently, so the only way I could see that being the case is visual variety but I still don't think that's a good excuse for not grabbing the characters who are known for being a team who never go anywhere without each other.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well yeah, all you have to do is recolor Raph or Don's bandannas and change the R/D on their belt buckles to L/M and bam, you got your '87 Leo and Mikey models.
I wish they had at least given the four of them different skin colors by default instead of as alts to differentiate them more.

I get what you mean but with firebenders there's only so many ways you can blast fire at each other whereas the turtles all have different weapon types that function very differently, so the only way I could see that being the case is visual variety but I still don't think that's a good excuse for not grabbing the characters who are known for being a team who never go anywhere without each other.
Yeah, definitely don't think we're getting anymore Firebenders after this, but I'm pretty confident they aren't going to all play the same. Even in the show it was obvious that Zuko, Iroh and Azula all had their own fighting styles outside of the fire part.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Someone posted it in a Discord server I frequent. That list, I believe, was originally posted in the NASB Grinders server or something. Here's the one I saw:
Credit goes to ral he’s awesome and great, here’s the full list of brand new non playable announcer calls (excludes playable characters, DLC and announcer calls that were in the first game) (only cut vets with announcer calls are Leo and Mikey):
Abrasive SpongeBob, Appa, Arnold, Asami Sato, Baxter Stockman, Bolin, Bubble Bass, Bubble Buddy, Carl Wheezer, Dani Phantom, Darwin, Debbie Thornberry, Dib Membrane, Didi Pickles, Dil Pickles, Doodlebob, Ed Bighead, Flying Dutchman, Gary, Gaz Membrane, Goddard, Goku, Heffer Wolfe, Jack Fenton, Jazz Fenton, Karen, Kimi Finster, King Neptune, Larry the Lobster, La Tigresa, Leatherhead, Lil DeVille, Lucille Loud, Mako, Man Ray, Marianne Thornberry, Momo, Mrs Puff, Nermal, Patricia, Patrick Not Star, Pearl Krabs, Phil DeVille, Princess Yue, Rat King, Really Really Big Man, Sheen Estevez, Spike, Squilliam Fancyson, Steely, Suki, Tak, Tenzin, The Box Ghost, Tucker Foley
Someone in question being me lol, also this list is missing some revisions:

• Most of the non playable characters announcer calls from NASB 1 also return, with exceptions being Footclan and Bebop
  • Vlad doesn’t have one (notable because he had one in the first game)
  • Sam Manson was also a new one, just forgot to list her originally
  • Goku is fake obviously
  • here’s a visual mock-up

IMG_3169.jpeg

and this below is the ones from NASB 1 that returned barring the last 3 listed
IMG_3111.jpg

Anyways DLC officially revealed cool also loving how the campaign is looking! November 7 can’t come soon enough

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
DLC revealed. No need to spoil anymore

Edit:

Edit2:
1. If you are having trouble with X links change the url to Twitter.
2. Story mode trailer also live
Finally Sees Krabs
Chatching, Chatching, Chatchinger-y, Money, Oh Money, How I Love Thee

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Someone in question being me lol, also this list is missing some revisions:

• Most of the non playable characters announcer calls from NASB 1 also return, with exceptions being Footclan and Bebop
  • Vlad doesn’t have one (notable because he had one in the first game)
  • Sam Manson was also a new one, just forgot to list her originally
  • Goku is fake obviously
  • here’s a visual mock-up

View attachment 380001
and this below is the ones from NASB 1 that returned barring the last 3 listed
View attachment 380002

Anyways DLC officially revealed cool also loving how the campaign is looking! November 7 can’t come soon enough
1698788550888.png

Well that's two of DLC pass 2 characters down!

I wouldn't even be mad

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Wacky picks are fine, I'm just not in support of them coming before the bases are covered with the big names. Bring them all on after you've finished off the big names. That's always been how I've seen the roster.
Yeah. It was a weird move to just replace Leo and Mikey with Raph and Donnie, especially considering that many people straight up refused to buy the first game only because they didn't have all four. Although "skipping the protagonist" is fine if the protagonist won't work as a fighter like in Rugrats or Hey Arnold's cases or if a supporting character is more iconic like in the case of the Wild Thornberrys.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
NASB thread don't let Riley derail the thread challenge (impossible) (gone sexual)
Anyway the DLC lineup's dope. I already stated my thoughts on each individual character previously, so I feel no need to repeat myself. I will say the firebender scare is already getting pretty silly. If "too many anime swordsmen" was a stretch for Smash Bros., "too many firebenders" is like that one episode of CatDog where Dog stretches around the Earth multiple times. Zuko, Iroh, and Azula all have vastly differing fighting styles to the point that sharing an element will be ancillary to their movesets, if anything. I don't see this being a real problem.
I am very excited about Krabs being here to round out the SpongeBob rep. At this point, we just need Sandy back and we've got the essentials.
Heres hoping its bigger with more variety and some returning favorites, hell, make it all returning favorites so we're that much closer to proving the "everyone is here can't happen" crowd wrong.
Oddly spiteful hill to die on, but you do you.
For DLC it might be, at least.

I just really feel sorry for Ludosity/FPL right now. If people are more focused on complaining about Rocksteady and 2 firebenders than praising one of them for being Zuko, there'd still be people claiming "THIS IS THE WORST ROSTER EVER!!!" if Pass 2 consisted of Timmy and all the cut vets despite my previous claim.
This is why I hate when a game's roster consumes that game's discourse. People willfully blind themselves to all the cool things about it because they can't play as CatDog or transfer their Doduo or whatever.
Ludosity and FPL: Here's pass 2. It features Timmy, Otis, Miko, Snap, and ALL 11 characters cut from 2! Please don't kill us!

NASBcord: Okay but you still added Gertie instead of...uh...flips pages...the TF2 Engineer skeleton from Breadwinners
Alright, now I gotta know if this is real.
Replace April with Leonardo, Rocksteady with Michelangelo, and Gertie with Helga or Arnold.

That's...pretty much all you have to do to make this a Super Serious Roster of Super Seriousness.
Even then, you know people would find a way to complain that Tommy and Eliza aren't here. (That's to say nothing of Timmy, and lord knows we're not hearing the end of that mess.)

I mean... in this game, they did that precisely four times with Gertie, Gerald, April, and Rocksteady. (You could argue Nigel and Reptar, but that case would be tenuous at best since those two had very good reasons to be chosen over the literal main characters of their shows.) In a game with 29+ characters, that's really not a lot. I do still think calling the choice to ditch the other two Turtles "trolling" is a pretty gross mischaracterization when it was likely a mix of preference, time constraints, and visual variety that kept them out. I dunno what to say other than that I advise against taking the representation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in a children's fighting game personally.
I find the idea that the devs need to go "in order" before they can go adding who they want to be pretty boring, personally. I'm not gonna scream at them if they wanna add Jimmy Neutron's dad before the kid himself because A.) it's not that serious, and B.) I respect the devs for making their own decisions over just what's expected or popular (which we have plenty of both of anyway).

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean... in this game, they did that precisely four times with Gertie, Gerald, April, and Rocksteady. (You could argue Nigel and Reptar, but that case would be tenuous at best since those two had very good reasons to be chosen over the literal main characters of their shows.) In a game with 29+ characters, that's really not a lot. I do still think calling the choice to ditch the other two Turtles "trolling" is a pretty gross mischaracterization when it was likely a mix of preference, time constraints, and visual variety that kept them out. I dunno what to say other than that I advise against taking the representation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in a children's game personally.
I find the idea that the devs need to go "in order" before they can go adding who they want to be pretty boring, personally. I'm not gonna scream at them if they wanna add Jimmy Neutron's dad before the kid himself because A.) it's not that serious, and B.) I respect the devs for making their own decisions over just what's expected or popular (which we have plenty of both of anyway).
And you're free to call it boring, but I and many others would actually LIKE to see all of the big names clash before going into secondary and tertiary characters. It's not because it's what Smash did, it's because that's what I'd like to see. I don't want them prioritizing April or Hugh before the titular characters. You can call it boring, I call it logical - the main character, generally speaking, is who the most people are going to relate to or like. Every one of the four turtles is beloved for a different reason, but generally most people like all four. If you want to sell someone on a secondary character, they need to have the charm and wit to warrant it - and I'm sorry that's not something that 80s April or Rocksteady has (I will give points to Hugh for it, though - despite the fact that in terms of moveset potential, Jimmy absolutely should've come first since he has so much of it; they had to give Hugh some of Jimmy's inventions just to fill out his kit).

I'm not the only one who thinks this way, either. Lots of the appeal of crossovers is seeing those characters you love and adore (again, almost always the MAIN ones) interact. I don't think of shows in terms of reps - I want the characters I give a damn about. Gertie, and to a lesser extent Hugh, are good WTF picks in a vacuum but Arnold and Jimmy have plenty to stand on their own as characters too.

I don't want Aang to be fighting [character from Ninja Turtles]. That's just as much "filling out a checklist" as people accuse me of wanting.

Top Bottom