• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Although the announcer calls are not the end all be all of who gets in. Jenny, Hugh, Gerald, Gertie, Ember, El Tigre, and the Beavers didn't have one and yet they got in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
DLC revealed. No need to spoil anymore

Edit:

Edit2:
1. If you are having trouble with X links change the url to Twitter.
2. Story mode trailer also live

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
aw yeah mr krabs

FR, though, Eugene aside, this pass is kinda... meh. Two Avatar reps in the forms of Zuko and Iroh (I'm not a fan of double-dipping in one set of DLC fighters regardless of franchise/characters picked), Rocksteady (who's admitedly cool on paper but not the TMNT rep I'd go for, even excluding the cut veterans), and Mr. Krabs (my most wanted).

However, the announcement does state that these four are the first DLC fighters, so there are likely more on the way.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
campaign trailer!

Oh ok it was posted. all good then xD.

On the dlc being revealed, I'm surprised it was just with pictures, mr krabs at least couldve had more fanfare. And Zuko too I guess.
Still weird though on all these fire benders :O

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I might pick this game up on PS4. (I generally default to Switch, but the physical version being a download code in a box discouraged me from doing that) I skipped out on the first game because it felt cheap, and while there are some characters from the first game that it's a shame to lose (Toph, Hugh, the Shredder, Michelangelo... I still find it hilarious that the developers had to nerf Michelangelo in the first game because he was too much of a party dude), it still seems like there's a solid core roster and the game seems much more polished than the original.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Now we wait for the pessimists in this thread to pop in and tell us how all of this is actually bad and how the game is dead on arrival

At least now I don't have to spoiler that I think Rocksteady is the biggest middle finger to the community they could've done.

Visual variety is all well and good but I just don't believe it should come at the cost of skipping over important legacy characters, under any circumstance.

At least we're all but guaranteed a second pass. Heres hoping its bigger with more variety and some returning favorites, hell, make it all returning favorites so we're that much closer to proving the "everyone is here can't happen" crowd wrong.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Visual variety is all well and good but I just don't believe it should come at the cost of skipping over important legacy characters, under any circumstance.
That excuse or not, if they can tolerate having SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward on the same roster, the same should be true for all four Turtles.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, wasn't expecting them to just drop all of that so early.

Yeah the fighter's pass is certainly one of the fighter's passes of all time. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world, it's got characters I like, but it's certainly... confusing in some aspects. That said, I'm glad they confirmed it's only the first pack, seems like the first game sold well enough to justify more post-launch support.

As for campaign, it looks pretty cool! Seems like there's a good amount of variety in terms of what it offers (I wasn't expecting THIS to be the game to revive Break the Targets lol). Honestly a roguelike style mode fits fighting games super well, I'm a little surprised it's not something that's been attempted more often.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Going by the credits that were posted earlier, that's GIR's original voice actor. I'm assuming the issue was the direction, because he can still do a similar voice in Psychonauts 2 and Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus, both of which came out in the past few years.
It has nothing to really do with voice direction, it's simply because they forgot to pitch up his voice lol.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
On the dlc being revealed, I'm surprised it was just with pictures, mr krabs at least couldve had more fanfare. And Zuko too I guess.
Still weird though on all these fire benders :O
Tbh it's possible that they weren't supposed to be announced this early but since everything just leaked they just threw pictures and called it a day. They're probably going to get trailer and showcase closer to launch.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, wasn't expecting a campaign trailer and officially revealing all four DLC fighters in the same day.

For the campaign, it looks pretty cool! From what I could tell, there are points where it seems like you can choose what stage/event you want to do next, and based on the leaked screenshots, there will be proper dialogue with this one. I'm also curious to see how the bosses play out, and honestly, I think it's kind of neat that Clockwork is the one summoning SpongeBob and basically sending him on the adventure. Also also, it's a small thing, but I like that SpongeBob's motivation (at least, initially) is to rescue Patrick; it makes things a bit more personal for him. Finally, I like how it seems even the NPCs will have proper voice-acting, though I will admit GIR's voice was a bit of a yikes. Overall, the single-player campaign is looking pretty interesting!

As for the DLC fighters, I pretty much already stated what I think of them back when they were first leaked, but as a recap, Krabs and Zuko are solid choices, Iroh is an awesome choice (regardless of the "Too Many Firebenders" thing), and Rocksteady is just kind of meh; hopefully his moveset at least makes him more interesting. Overall, not necessarily the choices I would have went with for DLC, but I think what we have is pretty solid, and what I gleamed of their movesets based on the leaks seems pretty interesting so far. Also, Krabs is up first apparently, slated for early next year; time to place your bets on what the release order is going to be!

Also also, I'm hoping the wording of "our first DLC characters" indicates that they're at least heavily considering doing more beyond the first four.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tbh it's possible that they weren't supposed to be announced this early but since everything just leaked they just threw pictures and called it a day. They're probably going to get trailer and showcase closer to launch.
Yeah that's likely it.
And maybe another case where leakers kinda ruined the surprise and how to show it xD

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, glad that’s out of the way so NASB3 speculation can begin.
You know I and many others are getting sickand tired of this needless pessimism. You're bringing down the whole thread with this crap. We've asked you, endlessly, nicely, to stop. What is your problem?

Are you seriously this butthurt that Lincoln got cut that you want everyone else to suffer?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know I and many others are getting sickand tired of this needless pessimism. You're bringing down the whole thread with this crap. We've asked you, endlessly, nicely, to stop. What is your problem?

Are you seriously this butthurt that Lincoln got cut that you want everyone else to suffer?
In fact, what if by some miracle Lincoln is part of a second pass?

Are you gonna go CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT NASB3 NOW? in that situation?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"No one will buy the pass because Lincoln is in it, so no more DLC after this."
What's really ironic about this is that Riley was deadset on there being a second NASB pass when people wanted to discuss a potential NASB2. And now that we got proof 2 could be the one with a second pass, he decides to go straight to NASB3.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Often times it feels like when people complain about cuts, they're actually complaining about one or two specific cuts (usually the other turts or Linc) and not the entire set. You guys know that it is basically guaranteed that cut characters can come back without something as comically overambitious and impossible as EIH, right? What sort of logic is there in "welp, we don't have the time to do this character, guess they're blacklisted!"?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Often times it feels like when people complain about cuts, they're actually complaining about one or two specific cuts (usually the other turts or Linc) and not the entire set. You guys know that it is basically guaranteed that cut characters can come back without something as comically overambitious and impossible as EIH, right?
EIH isn't even that over the top in this instance compared to Smash. It's only 11 characters!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Often times it feels like when people complain about cuts, they're actually complaining about one or two specific cuts (usually the other turts or Linc) and not the entire set. You guys know that it is basically guaranteed that cut characters can come back without something as comically overambitious and impossible as EIH, right? What sort of logic is there in "welp, we don't have the time to do this character, guess they're blacklisted!"?
You need to cut the crap too. Everytime someone brings up the possibility of an EiH. They made thirty freaking characters in two years, just because you have a hate kink for Smash Ultimate doesn't mean EiH is impossible, overly ambitious, or a bad idea.

Let people want what they want without being a downer all the time. It's really not as far-fetched as you think it is.

For this games DLC? Might not be possible.

For next game? It's entirely possible.

Youre free to not believe it's possible but you don't have to pop up everytime that someone mentions it and go UM AKCHULLY ITS IMPOSSIBLE AND YOURE FOOLISH FOR BELIEVING IT

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
EIH isn't even that over the top in this instance compared to Smash. It's only 11 characters!
For DLC it might be, at least.

I just really feel sorry for Ludosity/FPL right now. If people are more focused on complaining about Rocksteady and 2 firebenders than praising one of them for being Zuko, there'd still be people claiming "THIS IS THE WORST ROSTER EVER!!!" if Pass 2 consisted of Timmy and all the cut vets despite my previous claim.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah I got nothing against this DLC lineup. I wanted Krabs, Zuko and Iroh, and Rocksteady adds a WTF pick to a game sorely lacking them.
I'm more focusing on what's going on with NASBcord right now than here anyway with my previous post. The pass has Rocksteady and an extra firebender so according to them they never added any fan requests whatsoever to 2. Jimmy? You're hallucinating, they added that bully with hair over his eyes instead.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm more focusing on what's going on with NASBcord right now than here anyway with my previous post. The pass has Rocksteady and an extra firebender so according to them they never added any fan requests whatsoever to 2. Jimmy? You're hallucinating, they added that bully with hair over his eyes instead.
Oh yeah, the "Arnold's Grandma is here so that means the entire roster is filled with nothing but joke characters and meme picks" thing despite us losing PTM and Hugh from 1 in favor of more protagonists.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh yeah, the "Arnold's Grandma is here so that means the entire roster is filled with nothing but joke characters and meme picks" thing despite us losing PTM and Hugh from 1 in favor of more protagonists.
Ludosity and FPL: Here's pass 2. It features Timmy, Otis, Miko, Snap, and ALL 11 characters cut from 2! Please don't kill us!

NASBcord: Okay but you still added Gertie instead of...uh...flips pages...the TF2 Engineer skeleton from Breadwinners

Top Bottom