• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And now because of the leaks all we have left to do is just sit around and wait for the four DLC characters to come out. After that we're back to speculating for NASB3.
Or, you know...actually playing the game.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Alright. It's been a bit since Azula was revealed. I've had this idea for a while and I wanted to wait until she was officially revealed.

How would you guys feel about clone characters? I don't mean just stat changes, some that would take movesets into a new direction.
Here are some ideas I have!
  • Squilliam Fancyson (Squidward) - Slower but stronger than Squidward. Moves have more focus rather than the random factor some have. The side special painting is now chargable starting from the weakest and going to the strongest but you can't keep the charge. His neutral special is now chargeable as you can store the charge for later.
  • Nermal (Garfield) - Has no food meter and doesn't leave food behind but he is in his zoomies state 24/7. He is weaker than Garfield and becomes more of a glass canon
  • Danielle (Danny Phantom) - Clone to Danny. As Danny is a glass fighter she is even more of a glass canon. She is by default faster and weaker but her ghost powers are much stronger but as they are unstable she causes recoil damage to herself when using them (much like Pichu) She also has a hover mechanic just to give her an extra advantage.
  • Zuko (Azula) - More of an all around fighter. Flames are now orange, neutral special is chargeable as you can store the charge. His air version of the move is now the same as his ground version as the fireball goes into a straight line. Down Special is now a flamethrower move that can be held and cause a burn effect that causes damage over time and weakens his opponents attacks.
  • The Last Ronin (Donnie/Raph/Mikey/Leo) - Is a hybrid of all 4 turtles. Uses attacks and weapons from each turtle. Reusing assets and rebalancing them. Has Donatello's smoke bomb and Raph's side special.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Alright. It's been a bit since Azula was revealed. I've had this idea for a while and I wanted to wait until she was officially revealed.

How would you guys feel about clone characters? I don't mean just stat changes, some that would take movesets into a new direction.
  • Squilliam Fancyson (Squidward) - Slower but stronger than Squidward. Moves have more focus rather than the random factor some have. The side special painting is now chargable starting from the weakest and going to the strongest but you can't keep the charge. His neutral special is now chargeable as you can store the charge for later.
  • Nermal (Garfield) - Has no food meter and doesn't leave food behind but he is in his zoomies state 24/7. He is weaker than Garfield and becomes more of a glass canon
  • Danielle (Danny Phantom) - Clone to Danny. As Danny is a glass fighter she is even more of a glass canon. She is by default faster and weaker but her ghost powers are much stronger but as they are unstable she causes recoil damage to herself when using them (much like Pichu) She also has a hover mechanic just to give her an extra advantage.
  • Zuko (Azula) - More of an all around fighter. Flames are now orange, neutral special is chargeable as you can store the charge. His air version of the move is now the same as his ground version as the fireball goes into a straight line. Down Special is now a flamethrower move that can be held and cause a burn effect that causes damage over time and weakens his opponents attacks.
  • The Last Ronin (Donnie/Raph/Mikey/Leo) - Is a hybrid of all 4 turtles. Uses attacks and weapons from each turtle. Reusing assets and rebalancing them. Has Donatello's smoke bomb and Raph's side special.
Should I...say something about one of those characters?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll only say the ones I'm most interested in playing, which is
Korra
Ember
Jenny
Angry Beavers
Azula
Garfield

And an honorable mention to Danny Phantom who just looks really fun to me, and then the rest of the Avatar Characters. Oh and TMNT characters probably. But a lot of the characters look fun in general.

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Zuko's confirmed to be DLC. His moveset is partially in the files alongside a screenshot of him and Aang.
Oooh I see. I had heard some of the DLC was leaked but I wasn't sure as to who. Personally I was hoping for Katara to be DLC but that's a good choice too!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
In my opinion depends how much sales the first dlc season pack since they says this
I think a season 2 is very likely if they’re already calling it “season 1”

I think it’d be in their best interests to support NASB2 for a few years rather than immediately move onto the next one afterwards. Especially with rumors of next gen consoles circulating around, it’d make sense to wait a bit.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think a season 2 is very likely if they’re already calling it “season 1”

I think it’d be in their best interests to support NASB2 for a few years rather than immediately move onto the next one afterwards. Especially with rumors of next gen consoles circulating around, it’d make sense to wait a bit.
Although we’re talking about GameMill here. As in, one of the most infamous publishers of shovelware games. After all, these are the same guys that put out Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Although we’re talking about GameMill here. As in, one of the most infamous publishers of shovelware games. After all, these are the same guys that put out Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.
This is the sequel to their biggest release.

It stands to reason that they might want to extend its life beyond what they usually allow.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is the sequel to their biggest release.

It stands to reason that they might want to extend its life beyond what they usually allow.
I'm just keeping my expectations low and not expecting much beyond the four that have been leaked.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

Not a fan, I find it very boring and lazy. Especially in NASB where its much more wacky and lenient with what you can put in a moveset. Any straight clones is just a colossal letdown. I'd much prefer seeing what kind of insanity they put in a Squilliam moveset if they bothered to put him in the game as a character.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get a season 2 DLC pack. I'm thinking we'll probably get a Loud sister (Most likely Luan) and Otis for sure.

Guys, I know we will likely never see NASB get an Everyone Is Here moment, but I did the math on all the characters.

On the off chance it does actually happen, it would add up to 40 characters. Including the leaked DLC fighters. I think we can add five newcomers on top of that, and call it a day. What do you think?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Guys, I know we will likely never see NASB get an Everyone Is Here moment, but I did the math on all the characters.

On the off chance it does actually happen, it would add up to 40 characters. Including the leaked DLC fighters. I think we can add five newcomers on top of that, and call it a day. What do you think?
Stop letting people gaslight you into believing it's that far-fetched, it really isn't

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh, I'm still hoping that happens to NASB at some point. I just highlighted that phrase to ward off anyone telling me the difference between it and Smash.
Yeah it's differently from Smash. That doesn't mean they don't take anything from it. Let those pessimists be. Don't pay them any mind

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm just keeping my expectations low and not expecting much beyond the four that have been leaked.
Figured you’d have something to say about it, ye of little faith.

I know you don’t think we’re getting anything at all ever any more dlc, you say so every time it comes up.
First of all, Gamemill is the publisher but not the developer, plus there’s Nickelodeon calling the shots as well.
Evidence is pointing to at least a second season being planned and possibly being primed for development.
Lighten up, dude. There’s being realistic and then there’s being a bummer.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Huge nasb 2 spoiler (this isn't about the DLC characters).

The game have break the targets

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Figured you’d have something to say about it, ye of little faith.

I know you don’t think we’re getting anything at all ever any more dlc, you say so every time it comes up.
First of all, Gamemill is the publisher but not the developer, plus there’s Nickelodeon calling the shots as well.
Evidence is pointing to at least a second season being planned and possibly being primed for development.
Lighten up, dude. There’s being realistic and then there’s being a bummer.
We're lucky to even get any DLC at all. And I think that Nick is most likely agreeing with GameMill and ordering the development of a third game instead of a second season of DLC.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Huge nasb 2 spoiler (this isn't about the DLC characters).

The game have break the targets
I wonder if they're gonna be character specific like in 64/Melee, or if the game will only have a few levels like in Brawl.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey, you want more leaks? Here's more leaks.

We now just have straight up gameplay for Rocksteady. Why he's in a playable state, who knows.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Clearly still in early state based on the knockback not being set right, but I guess we can assume some of the dlc wont take that long to finish. He seems a bit off to me right now so I'd think they need to tune quite a bit of stuff.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
We're lucky to even get any DLC at all. And I think that Nick is most likely agreeing with GameMill and ordering the development of a third game instead of a second season of DLC.
I’m frankly amazed you even think we’re getting a third game at all instead of insisting this game is going to be a catastrophic sales failure that kills the series like you did with the first one.

The devs keep referring to the DLC passes as “season (number)”. If they’re doing that it’s not unreasonable to assume that Gamemill and Nick must be on the same page if they’re even allowed to refer to it that way. These guys are very careful about how they refer to and define things under what the higher ups allow.

Look, you can have your own hunch, but the problem is you keep insisting yours is the only right one.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Can you stop being a pessimist for five minutes, or are you just pre-programmed to argue?

I know why, but it’s not a topic of discussion to have here
I'm curious, send me a message?
Hey, you want more leaks? Here's more leaks.

We now just have straight up gameplay for Rocksteady. Why he's in a playable state, who knows.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Surely this game can't leak more... can it?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’m frankly amazed you even think we’re getting a third game at all instead of insisting this game is going to be a catastrophic sales failure that kills the series like you did with the first one.

The devs keep referring to the DLC passes as “season (number)”. If they’re doing that it’s not unreasonable to assume that Gamemill and Nick must be on the same page if they’re even allowed to refer to it that way. These guys are very careful about how they refer to and define things under what the higher ups allow.

Look, you can have your own hunch, but the problem is you keep insisting yours is the only right one.
I don't think that this game is gonna be a flop. I'm just thinking this due to Nick and GameMill's track record in the past, so I'm not getting my hopes up for anything beyond what has currently been leaked, and if we do get more I will be pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom