• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Azula is basically Akuma with Marth's tipper mechanics.

Yeah she's probably going to be pretty good lol. I do wish lightning was a bit more prevalent in her moveset though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wonder when the video was made, since they say november 3rd for the release at the end, when that's been delayed.

And yeah would have liked more lightning in her moveset too. But she is pretty cool anyway :)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now every single newcomer has a showcase. We're down to just Zim, Korra, and Rocko left.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my GOD Azula's fast. She looks pretty lacking in terms of range, but as an Ori main in Rivals, I'm used to point-blank glass cannons who can command a lot of space. Her recovery does seem pretty bad, but it's wild that you can hit people with it. That'll definitely make for some fun combo finishes. Needless to say, those sweetspots look VERY satisfying.
**** it, I'm maining the Random button. Everyone in this game looks too cool not to play.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah Azula looks fun I guess.

Glass canons with good zoning are an archetype I vibe well with it Mewtwo in Smash / Shadow Mewtwo in Pokken are anything to go by. How much I like tippers probably depends on how they're implemented though so there's a chance I won't like her anyway though.

And then there's that there's like half a dozen Avatar characters I'd have sooner liked to see added before her but hey two of them are DLC so I'm trying not to be too bitter.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
View attachment 379783
There seems to be something going with Avatar specifically where no one has their original VA for some reason.
Korra is still voiced by Janet Varney. Although in the case of Aang and Toph their original VAs were kids at the time and are now too old to voice the characters.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Azula looks pretty damn cool! From what I can tell, she seems like a faster, more Rushdown-based version of Marth, which is a neat choice that fits with her character. Her Specials seem useful, particularly the Lightning if you manage to get someone with it. Though that recovery definitely looks like it could be better.

All-in-all, she seems pretty neat!

Also, I'm guessing this showcase was recorded a few weeks ago considering the claim that the game releases on November 3rd.

So, now that we have showcases for every newcomer in the game, how would you rank your excitement/desire to play them?

For me, it's:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Grandma Gertie
5. Dagget & Norbert
6. Azula
7. Plankton
8. Ember
9. Gerald
10. Donatello
11. Raphael

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Azula looks pretty damn cool! From what I can tell, she seems like a faster, more Rushdown-based version of Marth, which is a neat choice that fits with her character. Her Specials seem useful, particularly the Lightning if you manage to get someone with it. Though that recovery definitely looks like it could be better.

Also, I'm guessing this showcase was recorded a few weeks ago considering the claim that the game releases on November 3rd.

So, now that we have showcases for every newcomer in the game, how would you rank your excitement/desire to play them?

For me, it's:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Grandma Gertie
5. Dagget & Norbert
6. Azula
7. Plankton
8. Ember
9. Gerald
10. Donatello
11. Raphael
In terms of how much I want to play:

1. El Tigre
2. The Beavers
3. Ember
4. Azula
5. Raph
6. Plankton
7. Gerald
8. Gertie
9. Donnie
10. Squidward
11. Jimmy

Honestly I think they're all great. Only one I'm not super keen to play is Jimmy because he seems a little too zoner-y for my tastes, but I still think he's pretty neat and has tons of potential.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
0:34 was left with no music or narration, instead we hear Azula gacking at spongebob with her kicks
It was to showcase the fire attack sounds, though I didn't feel it came through all that well xD, I'm still not sure but i guess when i play her ill eventually get the differences between tipper and not..

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

For me, it's:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Grandma Gertie
5. Dagget & Norbert
6. Azula
7. Plankton
8. Ember
9. Gerald
10. Donatello
11. Raphael
1. Beavers
2. Jimmy
3. Donnie
4. Azula
5. Gerald
6. Gertie
7. Raphael
8. El Tigre
9. Ember
10. Squidward
11. Plankton

I did not expect the Beavers to capture my attention like they have, but the potential with their assist moves looks way too fun to pass up. (Plus, being able to switch from zoner to rushdown at the press of a button sounds really appealing.)
Really, though, all of them look great. The SpongeBob characters, ironically, don't do much for me, but I'm super excited to give everyone from Gertie up a spin.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

For me, it's:

1. El Tigre
2. Squidward
3. Jimmy Neutron
4. Grandma Gertie
5. Dagget & Norbert
6. Azula
7. Plankton
8. Ember
9. Gerald
10. Donatello
11. Raphael
1. Ember
2. Beavers
3. Squidward
5. El Tigre
6. Grandma Gertie
7. Donnie
8. Gerald
10. Raphael
11. Plankton

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
At this point my theory is that some devs are leaking the game on purpose to make up for the fact that GameMill is making no marketing.
And now because of the leaks all we have left to do is just sit around and wait for the four DLC characters to come out. After that we're back to speculating for NASB3.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Maybe you should add that it's 'leaked' gameplay, for the people who care about that.

That said, looks interesting enough, feels more balanced in this game for sure. Some of zim's ranged attacks look fun. And huh, is it just me or is the voice acting maybe unfinished in-game for zim in this version?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
From the characters we've seen thus far
  1. Nigel
  2. Ember
  3. Ren & Stimpy
  4. Garfield
  5. Squidward
  6. Gertie
  7. Azula
  8. Beavers
  9. Gerald
  10. April
  11. Reptar
  12. Plankton
  13. Patrick
  14. Rapheal
  15. Lucy
  16. Jenny
  17. Danny
  18. El Tigre
  19. Donatello
  20. Jimmy
  21. Aang

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone think we're gonna get anymore DLC season packs after this? Or do you think poor sales will make that not likely?

My thoughts:
-I find it sad that CatDog and Hugh have to be back in the Most Wanted list for NASB speculation.
-Odd that Movie Sonic is less wanted than the least popular Nicktoons, but having Vexus be so divisive perplexes me.
-The Zebra Donkey from El Tigre? Unless that's this franchise's Piranha Plant, Sandy Cheeks would need to hibernate in July if she saw those votes.
-One of those Least Wanted votes for Doug is from the Nostalgia Critic, and unless proven otherwise, I'm sticking with that.

Top Bottom