• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

I don't think everyone would return. Personally I'd guess it would be half returning NASB1 cuts, half newcomers. And that's because I definitely think they'd want some new characters in addition to revamped older characters, while not ignoring the fact that most of the popular picks are those older cut veterans.

So like, a hypothetical lineup of Sandy, Helga, CatDog, Hugh, Toph, Carl, Katara, Professor Membrane, Reggie Rocket, Rudy, and Otis, and then a DLC lineup of say, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Oblina, and Arnold, would give us eight returning veterans and seven newcomers. We still wouldn't have all of the veterans, but we'd have most of the ones people really care about while also getting a decent lineup of newcomers.
That'd kinda be bull**** if they were able to make 25 unique chars (11-12 of those being vets), modes, and everything in NASB 2 but they can't handle 11 more vets even when the foundation and models are properly reused this time in a hypothetical NASB 3.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That'd kinda be bull**** if they were able to make 25 unique chars (11-12 of those being vets), modes, and everything in NASB 2 but they can't handle 11 more vets even when the engine and models are properly reused this time in a hypothetical NASB 3.
But here's the thing. Lincoln was the least-played character. Why bring someone back if they were least popular?

NASB isn't Smash.

Last edited:
But here's the thing. Lincoln was the least-played character. Why bring someone back if they were least popular?

NASB isn't Smash.
You could make him cool next time with a proper moveset, his absence has been a particularly big criticism. Even outside of Lincoln, there's at least 10 chars that are popular and should be brought back.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

NASB isn't Smash.
Always comes back to Lincoln, doesn’t it?

Why should his lack of popularity with chuds on the internet (aka not a majority opinion) have anything to do with his chances of coming back? They‘d bring him back as soon as they thought of a cool idea for him.

And look, let’s be real, there’s two TLH stages and he has a model in the game, he was very likely planned to come back, you know, despite what any contrarian pessimists insist upon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Even if I don't personally care for the character, everyone has a main they enjoy playing, and it sucks to have your main cut.

I'd personally be satisfied if they brought back PTM, Oblina, CatDog, Toph, Sandy, and the Turtles. Hugh was the fan pick so I guess bring him back as well.

Helga, Lincoln, and Shredder I can take or leave.

But I do think the ideal lineup is NASB2 + cut vets + a handful of newcomers. There's not many I really need to see after that lineup, so anyone new would just be icing on the cake.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The only cut I think is actually WTF-worthy is CatDog. It's not the only bad cut (Hugh, PTM, Oblina, and Toph are all very bad cuts IMO) but it's certainly the only one where I can't imagine the logic behind it. One of the most popular characters in the first game, one of the most popular Nicktoons ever (even if it's detractors are very loud and it was the first victim of the SpongeBob death treatment), they're generally still liked on their own merits as a character design by their source material's detractors, they exist in an overlap between 90s and 00s, and are a concept perfectly fit for a game like this. Everyone else has a pretty clear logic behind it, valid or not.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only cut I think is actually WTF-worthy is CatDog. It's not the only bad cut (Hugh, PTM, Oblina, and Toph are all very bad cuts IMO) but it's certainly the only one where I can't imagine the logic behind it. One of the most popular characters in the first game, one of the most popular Nicktoons ever (even if it's detractors are very loud and it was the first victim of the SpongeBob death treatment), they're generally still liked on their own merits as a character design by their source material's detractors, they exist in an overlap between 90s and 00s, and are a concept perfectly fit for a game like this. Everyone else has a pretty clear logic behind it, valid or not.
Probably had to do with game limitations given their design, the fact they also started from scratch with NASB2 and were bringing more newcomers then ever. Something around those lines.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm a CatDog detractor (hated that show even as a kid, which sucks because it was the first new Nick show I can remember the pre-release hype period for so it came with legit disappointment) but man, even I don't get why they're gone. It does feel like something's missing without them there.

That said, Hugh definitely comes at second place.
He was the result of a huge campaign of fan demand, was put in as a thank you to the entire NASB1 community, and they put him in while they were working on 2, how did none of that work transfer over?
I mean, all evidence says he was supposed to make it and was a victim of time constraints, but how was he not worked on simultaneously like I assume Jenny and Rocko were? How did the DLC characters take priority over him, given how finished they are?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
We've talked a lot about cut fighters, but what about cut stages? Do you think some could come back in a third game. Here's my thought:
-Glove world: Could maybe come back with a different layout. The location is definitely iconic enough, but in that state it wasn't very popular.
-Omashu: Would probably come back if Toph come back
-Space madness: I think it could come back if they rework it a bit and if the next game put a bit more focus on casual play
-Catdog house: Will most likely come back if Catdog is back
-Showdown at teetter totter gulch: Doubt it would come back, at least in that state, could be rework like Glove world.
-Wild waterfall: Doubt it would come back, feel like Wild savannah was the logic continuation
-Traffic jam: Could come back, but maybe it's too similar to Wild savannah
-Ghost zone: This is the one stage I don't really understand why it's not back. I really hope it's back next time
-The dump: Would probably be back if Oblina is back
-Slime time: I think it should come back, and it would be fun to have more stages like this not linked to characters
-Duck duck pie: Might come back if Hugh is back, but I think the layout is not original enough and the theme is too similar to Sweet dreams

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We've talked a lot about cut fighters, but what about cut stages? Do you think some could come back in a third game. Here's my thought:
-Glove world: Could maybe come back with a different layout. The location is definitely iconic enough, but in that state it wasn't very popular.
-Space madness: I think it could come back if they rework it a bit and if the next game put a bit more focus on casual play
-Showdown at teetter totter gulch: Doubt it would come back, at least in that state, could be rework like Glove world.
-Wild waterfall: Doubt it would come back, feel like Wild savannah was the logic continuation
-Ghost zone: This is the one stage I don't really understand why it's not back. I really hope it's back next time
-Slime time: I think it should come back, and it would be fun to have more stages like this not linked to characters
-Duck duck pie: Might come back if Hugh is back, but I think the layout is not original enough and the theme is too similar to Sweet dreams
You forgot the Loud House as well.

They should drop Omashu for Ba Sing Sae. The latter is more iconic and it really didn't feel like they watched much of the show to choose Omashu as the Earth Kingdom rep of all things.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I’d personally rather trade Slime Time for a different Double Dare themed stage.

I definitely will miss Traffic Jam, especially since we only have one HA stage but two characters.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’d personally rather trade Slime Time for a different Double Dare themed stage.
Better yet, have those obstacle course props actually be part of the stage. It's not like it was tournament-friendly anyway.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I really like the dank, moody lighting and music the first game's Sewer Slam has, while the sequel version goes for more of a traditional TMNT sewer look. I totally get why they changed it, more true to the show and counters the overabundance of spooky stages, but I still don't like it.
NASB1 is underrated as a Halloween game. A haunted graveyard, a ghostly pirate ship, a dank ooze filled sewer, a lava filled cave with a giant evil cycloptic robot, an alien invasion, a monster filled garbage dump, a wrecked house stranded in space, the spirit world converging and engulfing the earth, and last bit most certainly not least, a ghost filled interpretation of purgatory.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
NASB1 is underrated as a Halloween game. A haunted graveyard, a ghostly pirate ship, a dank ooze filled sewer, a lava filled cave with a giant evil cycloptic robot, an alien invasion, a monster filled garbage dump, a wrecked house stranded in space, the spirit world converging and engulfing the earth, and last bit most certainly not least, a ghost filled interpretation of purgatory.
And considering that the original game came out in October, I think that this was intended.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hell, even some of the non-spooky stages fit the vibe. Sweet Dreams is candy and Rooftop is a city at perfect trick-or-treating time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
sounds like my home town

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Honestly think we're better off without all of these except The Dump, CatDog's House, and Traffic Jam. The rest either have unsalvageable layouts or are wholly outclassed by stages that are in the game (Wild Savannah >>> Wild Waterfall, for instance).

Last edited:

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice

Looks like they couldn't get Grey Griffin back as a many people here theorized
Aang could be understandable since all of his voice actors are kids but Grey is really becoming so old to reprise as Azula?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Aang could be understandable since all of his voice actors are kids but Grey is really becoming so old to reprise as Azula?
And she's actually still involved with the Loud House as the voice of the Loud twins and Lily. I wonder why she's not returning as Azula.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's just a weird situation with ATLA cast. Jessie flower didn't come back for Toph (she can still do the voice just fine) and Dante Basco didn't return for Zuko in the kart racer game. I wonder if it will be different with Iroh

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's just a weird situation with ATLA cast. Jessie flower didn't come back for Toph (she can still do the voice just fine) and Dante Basco didn't return for Zuko in the kart racer game. I wonder if it will be different with Iroh
Maybe they’re too expensive?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Iroh's original VA is dead.

Top Bottom