• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
My one remaining wish is that this game looks as good on Switch as it does on everything else.

Until I think of something else but for now I just hope it being digital only doesn't mean it's going to look like crusty ass.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My one remaining wish is that this game looks as good on Switch as it does on everything else.

Until I think of something else but for now I just hope it being digital only doesn't mean it's going to look like crusty ass.
I don't really see the corelation between the game being digital only and looking bad. If aything the game being too big for a cartridge could mean that it has very good textures.

Tho it could also mean that it's badly optimise. But a badly optimise game can still look very good. Call of duty games are very poorly optimised but they don't look bad by any mean.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Jenny looks great. She already had a good foundation in the last game, so makes sense she didn't change too much. I can already see her being a nightmare to approach in the right hands lol. I will say that I wish she was a bit taller, and her super being a random reference to like 2 seconds from a montage in the show is... interesting to say the least.

Did anyone notice that the beginning of the showcase was a recreation of the intro to the show?
Yep, noticed it immediately. The Beavers also had a recreation of their intro.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't really see the corelation between the game being digital only and looking bad. If aything the game being too big for a cartridge could mean that it has very good textures.

Tho it could also mean that it's badly optimise. But a badly optimise game can still look very good. Call of duty games are very poorly optimised but they don't look bad by any mean.
After what happened to Sonic Superstars, what should have been a relatively easy game to port over, got the absolute crap nerfed out of its textures and lighting on the Switch, I'm worried the same will happen with NASB2, since this is Gamemill we're talking about.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
After what happened to Sonic Superstars, what should have been a relatively easy game to port over, got the absolute crap nerfed out of its textures and lighting on the Switch, I'm worried the same will happen with NASB2, since this is Gamemill we're talking about.
And let's not get started on Mortal Kombat 1 for the Switch.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice that the beginning of the showcase was a recreation of the intro to the show?
Yooo, I didn't even notice that! That's awesome!

Also, I was wondering: is the Minimoose seen zapping Jenny a new item? Or is it possibly a new Special for Zim?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

darkvortex

Smash Champion
That's weird, when I clicked it before it took me to some post about WWE.

Either way, glad to see it finally. Also cool that Tommy gets to be included in Reptar's victory animation.
it's because it's a qoute tweets. Twitter linkage kind sucks like most of that platform

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Reptar looks really good this game, also Zim being left for last makes me think he'll be given some major rework s

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Reptar Showcase:
They made him impervious to knock back while charging the down special?! Holy ****!

That's weird, when I clicked it before it took me to some post about WWE.

Either way, glad to see it finally. Also cool that Tommy gets to be included in Reptar's victory animation.
Tommy’s there in his entrance too. It’d be kinda cool if there was an input or something you could do to have Tommy riding on Reptar the entire match.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tommy’s there in his entrance too. It’d be kinda cool if there was an input or something you could do to have Tommy riding on Reptar the entire match.
That's...uh...one way to end the debate on whether or not Tommy can be playable I guess. His more iconic form is represented, but not in a way where he'd get beaten up. Unless attacks clip through him which I'm sure is inevitable.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's...uh...one way to end the debate on whether or not Tommy can be playable I guess. His more iconic form is represented, but not in a way where he'd get beaten up. Unless attacks clip through him which I'm sure is inevitable.
And at this point I don't think that we're ever gonna see any of the Rugrats kids as playable characters ever.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I mean, I’d still rather have an actual playable Rugrats baby, but if this is what we’re doing, it’d be a cool way to have Tommy present at all.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Reptar looks pretty cool! It's neat that some of his attacks can actually push opponents away if they're shielding, and I guess the Flame Meter is a means of ensuring people don't just repeatedly span his flame moves, though I wonder what happens if you try to use one while the meter's empty? Does it do a pitiful amount of damage, or does it straight-up just not work at all?

Also, it was harder to hear during the showcase, so I checked the leaked gameplay video, and is it just me, or does Reptar's voice sound better? He sounds more like Reptar here compared to NASB1, where he honestly sounded more like the Tazmanian Devil.

Also also, Tommy cameoing during Reptar's entrance and victory animations was nice. While he's not playable, they at least directly acknowledge him here. Plus, it just looks really cute!

So yeah, Reptar still looks neat, and I'm hoping he still feels like a beast like he was in NASB1!

I kinda wanna see story mode, it's the only big thing left that hasn't leaked outside of some short snippets
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder whether we're actually getting a trailer for the single-player campaign or not.

Reptar looks pretty cool! It's neat that some of his attacks can actually push opponents away if they're shielding, and I guess the Flame Meter is a means of ensuring people don't just repeatedly span his flame moves, though I wonder what happens if you try to use one while the meter's empty? Does it do a pitiful amount of damage, or does it straight-up just not work at all?

Also, it was harder to hear during the showcase, so I checked the leaked gameplay video, and is it just me, or does Reptar's voice sound better? He sounds more like Reptar here compared to NASB1, where he honestly sounded more like the Tazmanian Devil.

Also also, Tommy cameoing during Reptar's entrance and victory animations was nice. While he's not playable, they at least directly acknowledge him here. Plus, it just looks really cute!

So yeah, Reptar still looks neat, and I'm hoping he still feels like a beast like he was in NASB1!

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder whether we're actually getting a trailer for the single-player campaign or not.
It's not you at all, NASB 1's voice acting was trash for the most part and Reptar definitely had the worst of it. He's much better here.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's not you at all, NASB 1's voice acting was trash for the most part and Reptar definitely had the worst of it. He's much better here.
I wouldn't really call the voice-acting in NASB1 trash (I'd call it mostly solid), but Reptar was definitely one of the ones that didn't really sound right to me.

Top Bottom