• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Can you wait for the thing to be announced/leaked before you doom about it? It doesn’t even exist yet.
Well they're working on another crossover kart racer for a completely different company as well right now so I'm not expecting much.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If you had to add any Nickelodeon TV show/movie to All Star Brawl, what would you pick and who would you have as fighters?

• Bessie (Mighty B!)
  • Miko (Glitch Techs)
  • Otis (Barnyard)
  • Rango (Rango)
  • Annie & Pony (It's Pony!)
  • Sanjay & Craig (Sanjay and Craig)
  • Snap with Rudy (Chalkzone)
  • Fanboy & Chum Chum (Fanboy/Chum Chum)
  • Blik, Gordon, and Waffle (Catscratch)

If you had to add any Nickelodeon TV show/movie to All Star Brawl, what would you pick and who would you have as fighters?

• Bessie (Mighty B!)
  • Miko (Glitch Techs)
  • Otis (Barnyard)
  • Rango (Rango)
Since you said any Nickelodeon property to All Star Brawl, I would add Mighty Mouse. Hey, he was part of that Curbside pilot they passed on, so he would count.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Let's see, if we're strictly looking at original Nicktoons, the main one I want to see is Chalkzone, though Fairly Odd Parents would be neat, even if they had to use someone other than Timmy.

If we're allowed Dreamworks shows, though, I'd also like to see the Penguins of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda represented.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If I could add any show to NASB, it'd probably have to be either Fanboy & Chum Chum or Middlemost Post, at least assuming I can't delve into technicality stuff like Terrytoons and Pinwheel

That being said, I'd much rather they focus on the shows they have now. They have all the essential shows sans FOP and CatDog in NASB 2 base, (not that checking off boxes matters) and a lot of extra stuff from after Nick's 90s golden age, and almost all of them provide a lot of cool extra characters to use.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

• Bessie (Mighty B!)
  • Miko (Glitch Techs)
  • Otis (Barnyard)
  • Rango (Rango)
Honestly as far as unrepresented stuff there's not a ton left that I really, like, want, especially if we discount ones with legal issues like Doug, Fairly OddParents, or the DreamWorks collaboration shows.

Chalk Zone is the big one, of course, and after that there's Rocket Power and Barnyard. But then after those three there are literally only two shows left from the Era Where I Actually Watched the Channel, which were Ka-Blam and As Told By Ginger, so sure, throw those two in as well.

Almost everyone I actively want is either already in or was a cut veteran, and most of the otherwise remaining stragglers I want are from existing franchises. But like I said, Chalk Zone is my biggest exception. The roster as is otherwise did a great job at covering the extent of the channel that a lot of people in my age block care about, at least.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

• Bessie (Mighty B!)
  • Miko (Glitch Techs)
  • Otis (Barnyard)
  • Rango (Rango)
If I could add only one series, personally I would go with FanBoy ChumChum, but if I think more objectively I think it should be either Rocket Power, Barnyard or Glitch techs depending of the era you want more representation.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

Laniv

Smash Champion
Since you said any Nickelodeon property to All Star Brawl, I would add Mighty Mouse. Hey, he was part of that Curbside pilot they passed on, so he would count.
Right off the bat, my two most wanteds are ChalkZone and Ka-Blam. After that, most of my most wanteds are either veterans or from already-repped series, so... maybe Fanboy and Chum Chum?

Could Big Nate get in??

Right off the bat, my two most wanteds are ChalkZone and Ka-Blam. After that, most of my most wanteds are either veterans or from already-repped series, so... maybe Fanboy and Chum Chum?

Could Big Nate get in??
With KaBlam, there's a lot of options for a slot, to the point where I actually wouldn't mind passing over Henry or June. But nowadays, Fanboy and Chum Chum are old enough to have a shot.

Big Nate? Sure, why not. If they can afford the rights, at least.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

• Bessie (Mighty B!)
  • Miko (Glitch Techs)
  • Otis (Barnyard)
  • Rango (Rango)
Barnyard's the big one, but ChalkZone would be cool to see, too. Otis and Snap would be easy grabs for me, and if we're counting cut veterans, Oblina and CatDog would be great to have back as well.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
H-h-how is Zuko in a presentable state this soon?
My theory is that he was planned for base game before moving to dlc. I mean, we know some veterans probably had to be cut so it wouldn't be surprising that newcomers had to be moved too, and the second Avatar satge is so heavily associated with him that I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally is home stage before things started changing mid development.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My theory is that he was planned for base game before moving to dlc. I mean, we know some veterans probably had to be cut so it wouldn't be surprising that newcomers had to be moved too, and the second Avatar satge is so heavily associated with him that I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally is home stage before things started changing mid development.
Wasn't the thing saying the veterans were planned but cut confirmed fake?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So we're getting Zuko and Iroh then???

The beavers were enough for me, but Zuko and even Iroh (My favorite Avatar characters) is just icing on cake! :D

The only thing that would make this game better though is if CatDog and Lincoln (So Mamboo and I could fight online with our favorite characters) were in.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Isnt that Azula's idle stance tho? Maybe his files were ported to azula but he isnt finished yet

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering the 11 cuts I'm pretty sure we know how much, REALLY Wish the publisher was THQ instead
With everything they could add that wasn't those 11 particular characters, I doubt they think they were rushed.

but yeah I already wished they switched to THQ for this game

Faso115

Smash Lord
Game doesn't look like it was rushed but several aspects of it (just like cuts) are probably a result of the publisher.

Damn i kinda feel bad for them now. Let's not even get started on the leaks...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Someone on the testing team said that Zim has a major bug.

EDIT: Also apparently there was a poll of whether to reveal Reptar or Jenny's spotlight tomorrow and Reptar won. Not sure on the veracity of this.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, if anything, the dragon dance stage being in the game without Zuko himself suddenly makes a little more sense.

Gotta assume him and Krabs won't release too much later after launch since they seem to have a good chunk of work done already.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So what's the deal with Zim's human disguise allegedly being part of a move?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wasn't the thing saying the veterans were planned but cut confirmed fake?
Well, that list that claims which veterans were planned but scrapped and which ones were always going to be cut was confirmed to be fake because that guy provided a different DLC list (Carl Wheezer/Skulker/Dib Membrane/Casey Jones). The very idea that veterans were scrapped during development hasn't been proven yet.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If anything we could probably blame NASB1 being rushed for all the cuts. They probably could have reused more assets if the first game was a stronger foundation for them to build off of.

Then again I'm not sure how avoidable that'd be, considering the first game was also experimental in some ways and rebuilding everything from scratch might have helped them more easily cut the parts that didn't work. But idk, I'm not a game developer.

Either way I don't really envy the situation Ludiosity is in. I don't think no matter what they did that they'd have made a game fans were completely happy with.

Top Bottom