• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What are you talking about? He sounds the same as usual.
:confused:
I've watched plenty of spongebob. wasn't even thinking about voice actors when I watched the gameplay, it stood out to me quite a bit, just doesn't sound like him.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
:confused:
I've watched plenty of spongebob. wasn't even thinking about voice actors when I watched the gameplay, it stood out to me quite a bit, just doesn't sound like him.
Tom Kenny is now 61 years old. That usually happens as voice actors age.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Gir is elaborate enough to basically be a duo with Zim, does that disconfirm the claim that character interactions are only between players and NPCs? Since one of the leaked screenshots was SpongeBob talking to Gir

Last edited:
If Gir is elaborate enough to basically be a duo with Zim, does that disconfirm the claim that character interactions are only between players and NPCs? Since one of the leaked screenshots was SpongeBob talking to Gir
No?? Literally why would that debunk anything? At the end of the day Gir is an NPC and he's not a duo with Zim, just an accessory to his moveset.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
100% they are trolling with some picks. They knew what people were asking for with Raph and Donnie and yet they did this **** anyway.
I don't think that was a deliberate troll, I think they just figured that if they were rebuilding everyone from the ground up but couldn't devote enough resources to include all 4, that they may as well have have rotated them to give the turtles that missed the first game a chance to shine.

What they failed to account for was loss aversion, and getting two new characters doesn't feel as good as losing two old ones feels bad.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sokka would have been my punching bag for sure. :D
Not gonna lie dude, it's incredibly weird to publicly announce things like, "yes, this character that represents a marginalized racial minority will be my personal punching bag if they get in." It gives off rancid vibes, especially since people already said they were uncomfortable with you doing that back when you did the same thing with Lebron James in Multiversus.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie dude, it's incredibly weird to publicly announce things like, "yes, this character that represents a marginalized racial minority will be my personal punching bag if they get in." It gives off rancid vibes, especially since people already said they were uncomfortable with you doing that back when you did the same thing with Lebron James in Multiversus.
And that got so bad they had to full blown censor one of Velma's moves so that she summons the Mystery Machine to take fighters away instead of a police car.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's not the case and a coincidence. I just hate Sokka as a character, he's annoying, not funny and a useless loser which the show would have been a lot better if he was removed. Has nothing to do with race.

Jumping to conclusions much...Coincidences exist ya know.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I might as well post my prediction roster for Kart Racers 4:

SpongeBob
Patrick
Squidward
Plankton
Raphael
Donatello
April
Aang
Azula
Korra
Ren
Stimpy
Daggett
Norbert
Danny
Ember
Gerald
Gertie
Jenny
El Tigre
Rocko
Nigel
Zim
Lucy
Jimmy
Reptar
Garfield

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I might as well post my prediction roster for Kart Racers 4:

SpongeBob
Patrick
Squidward
Plankton
Raphael
Donatello
April
Aang
Azula
Korra
Ren
Stimpy
Daggett
Norbert
Danny
Ember
Gerald
Gertie
Jenny
El Tigre
Rocko
Nigel
Zim
Lucy
Jimmy
Reptar
Garfield
thats literally just the nasb 2 roster

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Why would they? A racing game character takes much less... everything... to develop than a fighting game character, and NASB's rosters are designed with the medium of a fighting game in mind.
To capitalize on NASB2’s popularity and to reuse assets from it due to DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing being worked on alongside it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's not the case and a coincidence. I just hate Sokka as a character, he's annoying, not funny and a useless loser which the show would have been a lot better if he was removed. Has nothing to do with race.

Jumping to conclusions much...Coincidences exist ya know.
As much as some might not like who you don't like as characters, It's really messed up that someone takes your comment and puts that kind of spin on it, and I find those types of misconstruing or strawmen pretty gross. Kind of another thing around why I was trying to say people can have their opinions without being mean to each other.

I thik it's a fun goofy character, that I like but could also maybe find funny to fight against, whether punching bag or not.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The showcases are going slower than I thought in the end.
I do hope Korra's isn't last xD.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Someone on Twitter pointed out that NASB1 and Smash have the camera zoom in on the characters when they're near one another and the action is up close and personal, but the camera in NASB2 seems to be permanently in a zoomed-out state all the time, even if the characters are close together. They gave the example that it's like if Duck Hunt's can was always present. I can't unsee this now, it's kind of a bizarre change.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Someone on Twitter pointed out that NASB1 and Smash have the camera zoom in on the characters when they're near one another and the action is up close and personal, but the camera in NASB2 seems to be permanently in a zoomed-out state all the time, even if the characters are close together. They gave the example that it's like if Duck Hunt's can was always present. I can't unsee this now, it's kind of a bizarre change.
I think I prefer this compared to constant camera movement. Rivals 2 is doing this and it almost makes me nauseous, from the gameplay that creators hvae been able to get.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I doubt the dlc are coming with stages, but just for fun I imagined what would come if they do:
Mr Krabs: Krusty krab
Rocksteady: Central park zoo
Zuko: Zuko's ship
Iroh: Prison tower

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I actually highly prefer Iroh and Zuko over Sokka as DLC. They just seem like more interesting choices moveset-wise overall.

I don't dislike Sokka as a character though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Obviously they’d spruce them up a little, not just 1-to-1 plop them in.
I think that they might be forced to do that because I expect KR4 to be highly rushed because Bamtang is working on multiple projects alongside it this time.

Top Bottom