• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really call the voice-acting in NASB1 trash (I'd call it mostly solid), but Reptar was definitely one of the ones that didn't really sound right to me.
The voice acting in NASB1 was mostly good but there are a lot of oddities in it, like some clips last WAYYYY too long for what their meant for. This is most noticeable with the teeter animations, it's like the actors were prompted with "make a noise for if your character was trying to not fall off a ledge" and forgot to specify that it should be a brief sound clip, leading to stuff like some characters having clips that are like 4 seconds long and continue long after the animation is finished. I remember someone describing the voice acting like "the lines where phoned in from the actors", which sounds like the only logical explanations for these outliers.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Reptar looks a lot better here! I didn't care for him much in NASB1, but he looks to be a lot more well-rounded in this game. His super's one of the most fun ones we've seen so far, and he might have the best selection of alts in the game. Purple Reptar's whatever, but Top Hat Reptar was a gimme and Mechatar is going to be my go-to if I play any amount of this character. Overall, a massive improvement.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Alright Reptar looks pretty crazy lol. A super heavy with an advancing command grab, a high damaging super armored attack, moves that do a ton of pushback on shield, AND a downward angled fireball because why not. Yeah, some of those options probably necessitated the flame meter. I don't know how good he'll be long term, but you can definitely tell they WANT him to be good lol.

Pretty cool selection of costumes too, and I also really like the inclusion of Tommy in some of his animations.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I wish they kept the fire breath from the first game, let Reptar charge it then depending on the charge the neutral b changes from a fire ball to the long range version in the original.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
HUGE SPOILER LEAKED DLC CHARACTER INGAME MODEL

1698277837595.png

Bun Wrestling Ring and Irken Armada OSTs:

Jimmy's Super:

Personally speaking I think Irken's theme is a huge downgrade from the first game.

Edit2: Twitter Thread Full of Cool Screenshots

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Reptar's command grab did seem really good to me.

Jimmy's Super:

Personally speaking I think Irken's theme is a huge downgrade from the first game.

That's enough to convince me about the dlc leak then xD.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Alright, so that's three DLC characters that have their models within the files already. I have to assume Iroh isn't too far behind.

Like... how soon are these characters going to be released? It'd be one thing if it was just your typical untextured gray models, but we're seeing them practically finished up with their idle animations working in-game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well, would you look at that, Rocksteady's alt's are also in the files.

That cyborg one is sick af.

SO. On-disc DLC. Not sure how I feel about that.
BUT, perhaps this means there might be more post-game content/DLC coming afterwards that we don't know of yet or are still being worked on. Since hype for this game seems to be surprisingly high, it might just do well enough to warrant it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That cyborg one is sick af.

SO. On-disc DLC. Not sure how I feel about that.
BUT, perhaps this means there might be more post-game content/DLC coming afterwards that we don't know of yet or are still being worked on. Since hype for this game seems to be surprisingly high, it might just do well enough to warrant it.
I'm not hopeful for more DLC at all due to the track record. I think that after these four characters are done Nick is probably gonna put them to work on NASB3 instead.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm not hopeful for more DLC at all due to the track record. I think that after these four characters are done Nick is probably gonna put them to work on NASB3 instead.
Then watch with how Nick being Nick rushes GameMills and their "creative decisions" again and that half the newcomers this game gets cut in the third but the veterans from the first game return.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

Jimmy's Super:

"Leaks" doesn't even begin to describe NASB's situation anymore. "Leaking" implies there's something containing the information in the first place.
At this point, it's more like this image.

1698287475326.jpeg

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We got three DLC characters in NASB1 while they were working on NASB2, dude. Stop hyping up this game to be a miserable failure.
Yeah, there's a MASSIVE difference here; they were working on those DLC alongside this game, whereas from the looks of things these DLC characters are close to done as is BEFORE LAUNCH. That does nothing but bode well for more characters (though maybe let them have a bit of a vacation first).

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, there's a MASSIVE difference here; they were working on those DLC alongside this game, whereas from the looks of things these DLC characters are close to done as is BEFORE LAUNCH. That does nothing but bode well for more characters (though maybe let them have a bit of a vacation first).
I'm still mostly confident that they gotta be using at least some of this time to work on finishing Hugh.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm still mostly confident that they gotta be using at least some of this time to work on finishing Hugh.
I mean; it's not like it's a high likelihood but... what if these four aren't the paid DLC after all? What if they're surprise unlockables, or were intended for base in the first place? Tinfoil hat theory, I know, but it's just crazy to me that they're this close to being done already. Frankly speaking I'm impressed.

I also think it makes an EiH next time more likely. They haven't just completed 26 fighters in 2 years - they've done basically 30. It's more than reasonable to assume they could create 11 veterans and a handful of newcomers if they recycle assets next time.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I mean; it's not like it's a high likelihood but... what if these four aren't the paid DLC after all? What if they're surprise unlockables, or were intended for base in the first place? Tinfoil hat theory, I know, but it's just crazy to me that they're this close to being done already. Frankly speaking I'm impressed.

I also think it makes an EiH next time more likely. They haven't just completed 26 fighters in 2 years - they've done basically 30. It's more than reasonable to assume they could create 11 veterans and a handful of newcomers if they recycle assets next time.
Yeah, genuinely, I'm actually shocked at how far in these guys are.

I think them announcing the DLC the same time they announced the game proper means these four are probably our first pass, but like, if they can keep this momentum going, we could easily get another pass with more characters post launch.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah, genuinely, I'm actually shocked at how far in these guys are.

I think them announcing the DLC the same time they announced the game proper means these four are probably our first pass, but like, if they can keep this momentum going, we could easily get another pass with more characters post launch.
100% I agree; they upped their game big time, good for them!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I'm not expecting them to do Everyone is Here anyways, as that would just compromise the newcomers we do get, with most of them ending up being clones just like Smash Ultimate. I think that all 11 cut veterans will stay gone, but in return we will get about a dozen newcomers who are all completely unique and very well developed. And besides, it would also require them to support a company that basically burned their relationship with the gaming industry just last month with a horrible business decision.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm not expecting them to do Everyone is Here anyways, as that would just compromise the newcomers we do get, with most of them ending up being clones just like Smash Ultimate. I think that all 11 cut veterans will stay gone, but in return we will get about a dozen newcomers who are all completely unique and very well developed. And besides, it would also require them to support a company that basically burned their relationship with the gaming industry just last month with a horrible business decision.
NASB is not Smash.

Bringing back veterans would not mean that the newcomers would all be clones, what the hell are you on? That doesn't make any sense, bringing back old characters and making new ones aren't mutually exclusive.

What am I supposed to do with the Unity thing you keep bringing up? Hope they don't make a third game because it'd be morally wrong?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If we just stopped buying everything from companies and people that do shady stuff, we wouldn't be able to buy anything. It hurts, but it's the truth.

We aren't just gonna stop supporting the game because it was built in that engine. No reasonable person thinks like that.

And no, not every newcomer would be a clone, they made THIRTY unique characters in TWO YEARS. Bringing the eleven cut vets back and adding five or six new characters in addition wouldn't need to force them into making clones, considering it's literally less work than they've already done for a cloneless game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
NASB is not Smash.

Bringing back veterans would not mean that the newcomers would all be clones, what the hell are you on? That doesn't make any sense, bringing back old characters and making new ones aren't mutually exclusive.

What am I supposed to do with the Unity thing you keep bringing up? Hope they don't make a third game because it'd be morally wrong?
I'm expecting the third game to restart again, and this time on a new engine both because Unity itself completely burned its reputation in the gaming industry and because the devs have openly expressed dissatisfaction with working on Unity.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm expecting the third game to restart again, and this time on a new engine both because Unity itself completely burned its reputation in the gaming industry and because the devs have openly expressed dissatisfaction with working on Unity.
Do you not ****ing understand that games are more than lines of code? Even if they did restart, they still have models, movesets already done, music, voices, graphics, etc. all ready to go. They did all of that in the two year time period and still put out THIRTY fully unique characters.

What do you get from arguing do much and constantly changing sides? Do you do it just because you like being annoying? Either way, cut it out.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not everything would need to be remade in an engine switch. They had to redo everything now because the code from the first game was so much of a mess that it was literally unusable...and this includes remodeling all of the characters. Modeling work, movesets, and things like rigging and collision data could all be kept, making it so that an engine change might legitimately be less drastic than what they did this time.

Your pessimism is incredibly annoying, dude.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do you not ****ing understand that games are more than lines of code? Even if they did restart, they still have models, movesets already done, music, voices, graphics, etc. all ready to go. They did all of that in the two year time period and still put out THIRTY fully unique characters.

What do you get from arguing do much and constantly changing sides? Do you do it just because you like being annoying? Either way, cut it out.
Not everything would need to be remade in an engine switch. They had to redo everything now because the code from the first game was so much of a mess that it was literally unusable...and this includes remodeling all of the characters. Modeling work, movesets, and things like rigging and collision data could all be kept, making it so that an engine change might legitimately be less drastic than what they did this time.

Your pessimism is incredibly annoying, dude.
Hell, wasn't NKR3 reusing plenty of NKR2 models despite its own engine change? And if they could do it, certainly a more...passionate team GameMill hired could too right?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So say in the chance they for the third game they don't reset everything from the start and start from where the second game is. Do you think all returning veterans will return or only most or half perhaps?

Best-case scenario maybe most veterans returning for base, but the rest coming as DLC or free updates.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So say in the chance they for the third game they don't reset everything from the start and start from where the second game is. Do you think all returning veterans will return or only most or half perhaps?

Best-case scenario maybe most veterans returning for base, but the rest coming as DLC or free updates.
Given how they were able to make 30 full fledged characters in two years, getting at least half if not more of them back next game isn't that outside the realm of possibility, no matter what any pessimistic contrarians will insist upon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I don't think everyone would return. Personally I'd guess it would be half returning NASB1 cuts, half newcomers. And that's because I definitely think they'd want some new characters in addition to revamped older characters, while not ignoring the fact that most of the popular picks are those older cut veterans.

So like, a hypothetical lineup of Sandy, Helga, CatDog, Hugh, Toph, Carl, Katara, Professor Membrane, Reggie Rocket, Rudy, and Otis, and then a DLC lineup of say, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Oblina, and Arnold, would give us eight returning veterans and seven newcomers. We still wouldn't have all of the veterans, but we'd have most of the ones people really care about while also getting a decent lineup of newcomers.

Top Bottom