• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know that one of the testers said they liked how unique the playstyle of one specific character is - perhaps Mr. Krabs has a currency mechanic like Business Casual Man?
This is what I currently suspect. From the move descriptions that leaked, his neutral special seems to be hitting foes with a money bag and his side and down specials seem to have different "levels." So he probably has some sort of Money Meter, a la Business Casual Man, or the various Smash fan movesets for Tom Nook (or mine for Gholdengo lmao).

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Those leaked DLC chars are honestly pretty cool choices. Bit weird seeing 2 ATLA characters in one pass, but still cool in my opinion.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm predicting that "Fishing Trip" will be his Super Attack involving the Giant Clam
Based on the amount of moves listed and the ones that had their descriptions leaked, I don't think the supers are listed, and that's instead the recovery.

That being said, given the amount of references in the moveset and leaked model poses to CLAMS, I'm banking on that being his super anyway lol. Live action orchestra included.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Based on the amount of moves listed and the ones that had their descriptions leaked, I don't think the supers are listed, and that's instead the recovery.

That being said, given the amount of references in the moveset and leaked model poses to CLAMS, I'm banking on that being his super anyway lol. Live action orchestra included.
Can't you hear the music!? That's a 4/4 string ostinato in D minor! Every sailor knows it means death! Reel it in before it's too late!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I know that one of the testers said they liked how unique the playstyle of one specific character is - perhaps Mr. Krabs has a currency mechanic like Business Casual Man?
Seems like it, since he seems to have a level system on his specials. Super cool and in-character, to be honest.
I'm predicting that "Fishing Trip" will be his Super Attack involving the Giant Clam
I'm thinking that's his Up Special since one of the leaks says he uses his fishing rod like Joker's grappling hook.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
IGN

EDIT: Rocko's super is so funny lmao

That R&S player blocking when Donatello used his super must've been the most tense moment in fighting game history. Equivalent to stopping a nuke.

EDIT 2 TECHNICALLY 3

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
EDIT 2 TECHNICALLY 3
Speaking of characters you call in, Zim can call Gir, who mirrors Zim's attacks.
I'm actually scared to know what this means exactly lmao. Is he just able to become Ice Climbers whenever he wants? Is he a full on puppet character now? I need to see the spotlight asap.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
One thing I noticed in IGN's preview when talking about voice acting was they mentioned voice acting in the single-player campaign.

I'm hoping this means that there will be actual dialogue with characters rather than just them spewing quotes from their shows like NASB1's Arcade Mode was.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly Zuko and Iroh really do a lot to warm my opinion of the roster.

It is a bit odd to introduce them both at the same time but they're still both really strong characters. A huge part of my issue with Azula was that she was one of only two ATLA characters on the roster and that means a lot of arguably more important or more popular characters got shafted for her just for the sake of having a villain.

But I think another part was that she's more of Zuko's nemesis then she is Aang's, so having her without Zuko felt really weird. I think it still would have been better to add Sokka or Katara first then add Azula in a later game after they already covered their bases.

That said I think a lot of how much people like this DLC pass will depend on how much they like ATLA. Which granted most people who like cartoons think very highly of it but it still may have been better to space things out and give one of the spots to a character from a different franchise. But I'm a ATLA fan myself so I'm not complaining.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So.....I was willing to give the roster the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing the DLC choices, I'd officially call it mid or outright bad. I don't even think the chosen characters are bad on their own, but they make little sense when looking at the current omissions.

Iroh is my third favorite Avatar character, but 3/5 of the Avatar reps being from the Fire Nation just feels off.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So.....I was willing to give the roster the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing the DLC choices, I'd officially call it mid or outright bad. I don't even think the chosen characters are bad on their own, but they make little sense when looking at the current omissions.

Iroh is my third favorite Avatar character, but 3/5 of the Avatar reps being from the Fire Nation just feels off.
It's a damn shame because I actually do like the base roster more than I did the first game's, but the doubling down on these weird choices just to be different and unpredictable really rubs me the wrong way. And it honestly could be infinitely better with just a few changes.

Nix April and Rocksteady and replace them with Mikey and Leo, swap out either Gerald or Gertie with Helga, swap out Iroh for Toph, add PTM, CatDog, Oblina, Sandy, and maybe Hugh back in, boom, I'd call it about perfect. Then you can go ham with the weird picks and bringing back some of the other cut vets.

Regardless of me not being ecstatic about the whole DLC pack though, I'm still buying it because I want this game to have a healthy, hopefully longer DLC cycle. Another pass to bring back the big missing vets (I'd quanitify those as the other Turtles, Sandy, Toph, and CatDog). Then if they could squeeze out a third pass bring back Hugh, PTM, Oblina, and a new series rep)

I don't think Iroh and Rocksteady are bad picks on their own, I think they're bad picks in context of the other characters chosen from their series. I'd be totally fine with both if Toph and the other Turtles were in first.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Trophies for Iroh, Zuko and Rocksteady:

Does anyone know what the colors mean on these trophies by the way? Does it have something to do with the difficulty you play the mode in?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Trophies for Iroh, Zuko and Rocksteady:

Does anyone know what the colors mean on these trophies by the way? Does it have something to do with the difficulty you play the mode in?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Here's a full match between playtesters that got uploaded to Twitter.

Eat your HEART out, NASB1. This looks straight-up amazing and may dethrone Rivals as my favorite platform fighter.
It's a damn shame because I actually do like the base roster more than I did the first game's, but the doubling down on these weird choices just to be different and unpredictable really rubs me the wrong way. And it honestly could be infinitely better with just a few changes.

Nix April and Rocksteady and replace them with Mikey and Leo, swap out either Gerald or Gertie with Helga, swap out Iroh for Toph, add PTM, CatDog, Oblina, Sandy, and maybe Hugh back in, boom, I'd call it about perfect. Then you can go ham with the weird picks and bringing back some of the other cut vets.

Regardless of me not being ecstatic about the whole DLC pack though, I'm still buying it because I want this game to have a healthy, hopefully longer DLC cycle. Another pass to bring back the big missing vets (I'd quanitify those as the other Turtles, Sandy, Toph, and CatDog). Then if they could squeeze out a third pass bring back Hugh, PTM, Oblina, and a new series rep)

I don't think Iroh and Rocksteady are bad picks on their own, I think they're bad picks in context of the other characters chosen from their series. I'd be totally fine with both if Toph and the other Turtles were in first.
I dunno if I agree with the assessment that the devs are adding characters "just to be different." They're clearly adding characters they like over what makes natural sense, which we've known since game 1 with picks like Lucy and Oblina that the devs fought for. Just because they aren't going down the checklist of popular series/characters and adding them in order doesn't mean they're trolling.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Eat your HEART out, NASB1. This looks straight-up amazing and may dethrone Rivals as my favorite platform fighter.

I dunno if I agree with the assessment that the devs are adding characters "just to be different." They're clearly adding characters they like over what makes natural sense, which we've known since game 1 with picks like Lucy and Oblina that the devs fought for. Just because they aren't going down the checklist of popular series/characters and adding them in order doesn't mean they're trolling.
100% they are trolling with some picks. They knew what people were asking for with Raph and Donnie and yet they did this **** anyway.

A predictable roster of characters is not necessarily a bad one. And I didn't say all the weird picks were bad but they're priorities are skewed in an effort to be unpredictable which is blatantly to the series detriment in the eyes of many.

I am 100% down for some weird picks, but not at the cost of characters who should be there. That's why I'm critical of Hugh before Jimmy, and of doing this same song and dance with the Turtles twice. April isn't that interesting that she deserves to get in before all four turtles are there twice.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
100% they are trolling with some picks. They knew what people were asking for with Raph and Donnie and yet they did this **** anyway.

A predictable roster of characters is not necessarily a bad one. And I didn't say all the weird picks were bad but they're priorities are skewed in an effort to be unpredictable which is blatantly to the series detriment in the eyes of many.

I am 100% down for some weird picks, but not at the cost of characters who should be there. That's why I'm critical of Hugh before Jimmy, and of doing this same song and dance with the Turtles twice. April isn't that interesting that she deserves to get in before all four turtles are there twice.
Sure NASB fans are a bit iffy about adding more old people right now but Iroh doesn't really seem like a troll pick. If it was the cabbage man or something I'd agree.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sure NASB fans are a bit iffy about adding more old people right now but Iroh doesn't really seem like a troll pick. If it was the cabbage man or something I'd agree.
I don't even think Iroh is a troll pick I just think they're overdoing it with firebenders. We don't need three (five if you count Aang and Korra since they can firebend.)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't even think Iroh is a troll pick I just think they're overdoing it with firebenders. We don't need three (five if you count Aang and Korra since they can firebend.)
Yeah I think that simply having Sokka instead of either Iroh or Zuko would have made the whole lineup feel much better

Top Bottom