• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Interesting development in the Timmy debacle.
View attachment 379195
It's the damndest thing, I had a feeling Cosmo and Wanda had a legit chance to get in over Timmy.

Honestly, if it's the only way to get some FoP representation in the game, I say go for it.
It's not like they're some side character stealing a spot from a protagonist, they're the titular characters, and they'd make for a fun moveset.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
How do you figure?
Speed tends to dominate and her range isn't that much that it'd stop someone from going in on her.
Unless they've balanced things enough somehow, I'm not sure how it'll all play out, it's just I didn't see enough in her kit that made it feel she'd be near a top tier.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Or if Nick didn't rush the developers...Then we probably could have gotten everybody
That would require way more than them not "rushing" the devs. It'd be easier for you to realize that a lack of 11 characters is not a lack of polish and interesting newcomers.

Ha, ha, ha, ha as if THAT'LL ever happen tho...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally I wouldn't be oppose to Cosmo and Wanda, but part of the magic (pun intended) of the show is how Timmy an average human use magic and having the fairy alone would remove that a bit. Also giving a moveset to Cosmo and Wanda would pretty much officially kill Timmy's chance because I don't see him getting in withoutn them, unlike Eliza or Arnold who still could be playable in the future if the team want them because Nigel or Gerald and Helga wouldn't be part of their moveset either way.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Personally I wouldn't be oppose to Cosmo and Wanda, but part of the magic (pun intended) of the show is how Timmy an average human use magic and having the fairy alone would remove that a bit. Also giving a moveset to Cosmo and Wanda would pretty much officially kill Timmy's chance because I don't see him getting in withoutn them, unlike Eliza or Arnold who still could be playable in the future if the team want them because Nigel or Gerald and Helga wouldn't be part of their moveset either way.
Never say never.

IMG_9464.gif

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It also would remind me too much of Pyra/Mythra.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Let’s be very honest here, it’s basically 26 newcomers
From a development standpoint, sure. But the marketing is acting like Squidward, Plankton etc. are the newcomers and not SpongeBob, Aang etc. with how they got reveal trailers. Which pretty much means if they spent all their resources on remaking every NASB1 vet...the marketing would be in a bit of a pickle.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Or if Nick didn't rush the developers...Then we probably could have gotten everybody and Mamboo and I would be able to fight online as our favorite characters.

Praying NASB3 brings everyone back. Ha, ha, ha, ha as if THAT'LL ever happen tho...
The Brawl of NASB NASB3, they bring back the characters but introduce tripping.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
yeah, you're trippin' if you think a game developed in 2 years with this much content is "rushed"

not referring to you alicorn in case you're wondering

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It would be more like Ultimate if they brought back all the missing vets, in that there would be very few newcomers, most of which are clones.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So newcomers bad because no veterans, and veterans bad because no newcomers?
Well at least he realized that if they remade every single NASB1 veteran for this game, they couldn't market being able to play as Squidward/Jimmy/Ember/Beavers/etc. Maybe.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a positive note, if/when a NASB3 ever comes out, they won't need to focus on remaking the base NASB2 roster as much and they can mostly focus on any/all of the cut characters, newcomers, stages, items, etc.
Hopefully all if not at least most of the cut veterans makes a return then?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
On a positive note, if/when a NASB3 ever comes out, they won't need to focus on remaking the base NASB2 roster as much and they can mostly focus on any/all of the cut characters, newcomers, stages, items, etc.
if they use the same engine that is

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For the 50th time, EIH is NEVER happening. EVER. The only time it could ever happen is in this very game's DLC, and considering that barely anyone's talking about this game right now, I doubt it'll get anything beyond the first pass and maybe 1 or 2 vets. As the amount of newcomers gets bigger and bigger in each installment, it'll just be less and less feasible - not only do budget, manpower, and time make it impossible, but also remember that balancing is a very high concern to the NASB devs. Currently the total NASB roster stands at 40 (counting Dag and Norb as a single character), and I really doubt a dev team devoted to competitive balance would want more than 45 characters to deal with. Too many moves to balance, and too many matchups for competitive players to learn. EIH is a Smash thing and a Smash thing alone, do not expect it from any other franchise.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I guess if we're already talking cuts anyway I guess the thing that's sad to me is that NASB2 looks like such an upgrade in everyway that it feels like the missing 11 were kind of robbed.

The visual, sound design and just...general game feel put me off to NASB1. I can't see myself going back to it even for the missing vets. Sorry Sandy, sorry Catdog.

If NASB2 is a big success then I hope 3 reuses assets to bring back at least most of the veterans from 1. Give 'em a second chance. Then if that game is good then I don't really care who they cut for 4.

But who am I kidding, I'll probably just play Reptar for all of them anyway.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For the 50th time, EIH is NEVER happening. EVER. The only time it could ever happen is in this very game's DLC, and considering that barely anyone's talking about this game right now, I doubt it'll get anything beyond the first pass and maybe 1 or 2 vets. As the amount of newcomers gets bigger and bigger in each installment, it'll just be less and less feasible - not only do budget, manpower, and time make it impossible, but also remember that balancing is a very high concern to the NASB devs. Currently the total NASB roster stands at 40 (counting Dag and Norb as a single character), and I really doubt a dev team devoted to competitive balance would want more than 45 characters to deal with. Too many moves to balance, and too many matchups for competitive players to learn. EIH is a Smash thing and a Smash thing alone, do not expect it from any other franchise.
You have no idea about that, you're talking out of your butt.

They have a solid framework to work with here. Given the fact they could easily recycle assets, it is 100% in the realm of possibility for them to pick a smaller handful of newcomers and focus on filling out a roster with revamped veterans.

Just because youre a grumpy curmudgeon who hates Smash doesn't mean that it's impossible for other games to follow it's model nor does it mean them following that model is a bad thing.

Plenty of other games have done exactly the same thing of copy/pasting a previous game's assets and building on top of it.

Not every sequel has to be a complete rehauling of everything in the original.

"Too many moves to balance"

Have you seen Tekken 7's roster? Or UMvC3? They're both huge and much more complex, and they pull it off just fine. Some characters will be lower tier than others, it's not possible for any game to have perfect balance. Learn it.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You have no idea about that, you're talking out of your butt.

They have a solid framework to work with here. Given the fact they could easily recycle assets, it is 100% in the realm of possibility for them to pick a smaller handful of newcomers and focus on filling out a roster with revamped veterans.

Just because youre a grumpy curmudgeon who hates Smash doesn't mean that it's impossible for other games to follow it's model nor does it mean them following that model is a bad thing.

Plenty of other games have done exactly the same thing of copy/pasting a previous game's assets and building on top of it.

Not every sequel has to be a complete rehauling of everything in the original.

"Too many moves to balance"

Have you seen Tekken 7's roster? Or UMvC3? They're both huge and much more complex, and they pull it off just fine. Some characters will be lower tier than others, it's not possible for any game to have perfect balance. Learn it.
And not only that, it's actually easier for NASB to pull off an EIH than Smash is because they don't have to worry about third parties and negotiations to get the fighters they want. I could see the third game focusing more on bringing back old characters than introducing new ones, but is that what the fanbase wants to see?

Top Bottom