• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
As if Melee's 26 character roster was balanced. Where do you think the "NO ITEMS FOX ONLY" meme came from?
Melee is balanced though, there are no overpowered characters, and all the viable characters can hold their own near equally. The answer to Kirby being underpowered is to simply not play Kirby, there's no easy answer to Steve being overpowered.

You know damn well that Hugh's support was a meme, and one that got quite the controversial reaction when it was prioritized, hence why Jimmy was one of the first reveals and why he took priority.
For the millionth time, why is meme support not valid?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Melee is balanced though, there are no overpowered characters, and all the viable characters can hold their own near equally. The answer to Kirby being underpowered is to simply not play Kirby, there's no easy answer to Steve being overpowered.
yes there is. you turn on the items and throw a bat in his face

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh bull, the top eight are so objectively better than everyone else that yes, they are in fact overpowered. You whine about balancing but then turn around and say ignorant stuff like "the answer to Kirby being underpowered is just don't play Kirby!" You hypocrite. As if it's not 100% on the devs fault that Kirby is under tuned.

The answer to Steve being overpowered? Why, just don't play Ultimate! Do you not see how ridiculous that is? At least in Ultimate a much healthier chunk of the roster is at least somewhat competitively viable. We don't get the same eight characters filling up every tournament roster. One character being overturned is more than easy enough to solve: you ban them. Simple as that.

The almighty golden child Melee is as grossly unbalanced as the rest. Having a smaller roster doesn't save it from that. Besides that, we love in the age of online patches, so your excuses about "b-but it'll be hard for them to balance a big roster!" are as pointless and wrong as your insistence that Smash is bad just because you don't personally enjoy it. Heck, there are even players making waves in tournament brackets with low tiers in Ultimate. It is an objectively better balanced game than Melee. Yes, the game with almost 90 fighters is better balanced than the one with 26.

"All the viable characters can hold their own!"

And that's the problem. There are eight viable characters in a roster of 26, less than one third can hold a candle to each other and everyone else is so pointless to play you get laughed at for picking them.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh bull, the top eight are so objectively better than everyone else that yes, they are in fact overpowered. You whine about balancing but then turn around and say ignorant stuff like "the answer to Kirby being underpowered is just don't play Kirby!" You hypocrite. As if it's not 100% on the devs fault that Kirby is under tuned.

The answer to Steve being overpowered? Why, just don't play Ultimate! Do you not see how ridiculous that is? At least in Ultimate a much healthier chunk of the roster is at least somewhat competitively viable. We don't get the same eight characters filling up every tournament roster. One character being overturned is more than easy enough to solve: you ban them. Simple as that.

The almighty golden child Melee is as grossly unbalanced as the rest. Having a smaller roster doesn't save it from that. Besides that, we love in the age of online patches, so your excuses about "b-but it'll be hard for them to balance a big roster!" are as pointless and wrong as your insistence that Smash is bad just because you don't personally enjoy it. Heck, there are even players making waves in tournament brackets with low tiers in Ultimate. It is an objectively better balanced game than Melee. Yes, the game with almost 90 fighters is better balanced than the one with 26.

"All the viable characters can hold their own!"

And that's the problem. There are eight viable characters in a roster of 26, less than one third can hold a candle to each other and everyone else is so pointless to play you get laughed at for picking them.
Although previously lower tier characters can find use and become more popular. A big example of this is Yoshi. Originally, Yoshi was seen as a low or even bottom tier character. But recently, Yoshi has seen success in major tournaments and they appropriately raised Yoshi's status on the tier list and now he's considered an upper mid-tier character.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Besides that, we love in the age of online patches, so your excuses about "b-but it'll be hard for them to balance a big roster!" are as pointless
Hell, NASB's own focus on 1v1 balance didn't stop Mikey from being OP enough to have to be banned on week 1. No ban in the history of competitive Smash has been that quick.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Cold take but games are getting way too complex with digital editions, digital deluxe editions, week one editions...I wouldn't have a problem with it if there was one big ultimate edition that cost a few bucks more, but no, all the special content is mutually exclusive for like zero reason.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cold take but games are getting way too complex with digital editions, digital deluxe editions, week one editions...I wouldn't have a problem with it if there was one big ultimate edition that cost a few bucks more, but no, all the special content is mutually exclusive for like zero reason.
I believe that is how NASB 2 is handling its editions aside from Elastic Patrick.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
and still no detailed system requirements :(

1697566004644.png

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hell, NASB's own focus on 1v1 balance didn't stop Mikey from being OP enough to have to be banned on week 1. No ban in the history of competitive Smash has been that quick.
To be fair, that was because he had a solo-Luigi Ladder, not because he was overpowered by design. If anything, people were raving about Leo at launch, Mikey just happened to have a game-breaking exploit the devs didn't catch.
The answer to Steve being overpowered? Why, just don't play Ultimate!
I mean...

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, does anyone remember how long it took for NASB1 to be put on the Nintendo Eshop?

Because I've been looking, and NASB2 still isn't on the eShop in any form, and I'm starting to get concerned.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
FWIW the guy who made the post is the same guy who's been sharing all the leaked renders and whatnot.

It’s been deleted, what did it say?
The DLC will come from any of the following franchises:

Jimmy Neutron
Spongebob
Garfield
TMNT
Rugrats
Danny Phantom

LimeTH

Smash Lord
FWIW the guy who made the post is the same guy who's been sharing all the leaked renders and whatnot.

The DLC will come from any of the following franchises:

Jimmy Neutron
Spongebob
Garfield
TMNT
Rugrats
Danny Phantom
I want a new ZIM character, man…

Though those Angelica rumors are looking more convincing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

That's only because of the codename "stevia" which is for one of the DLC characters and it fitting Angelica considering what stevia actually is (a sugar substitute), but they said "stevia" isn't a hint for who the character actually is.

AreJay25

As someone who's been really hoping for characters like Dib and Vexus I feel ya.

But hey, certainly this is how Zuko gets in, ha ha... ha...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
As someone who's been really hoping for characters like Dib and Vexus I feel ya.

But hey, certainly this is how Zuko gets in, ha ha... ha...
I don't think Zuko's getting in. He's much too popular and the DLC has been called "underwhelming" and "mediocre" by the insiders, so I don't think they would call it that if such a massive fan favorite got in. And I'm not even thinking that Angelica is getting in at this point, as she and her uncle Stu are the go to picks when discussing Rugrats getting a 2nd rep.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
That's only because of the codename "stevia" which is for one of the DLC characters and it fitting Angelica considering what stevia actually is (a sugar substitute), but they said "stevia" isn't a hint for who the character actually is.
I don't think Zuko's getting in. He's much too popular and the DLC has been called "underwhelming" and "mediocre" by the insiders, so I don't think they would call it that if such a massive fan favorite got in. And I'm not even thinking that Angelica is getting in at this point, as she and her uncle Stu are the go to picks when discussing Rugrats getting a 2nd rep.
Well who do you think it is, then?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I had to make a guess for the following IPs.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Zuko or Sokka (Be my main punching bag for sure! :D)
Danny Phantom: Vlad Plasmius
Garfield: Oddie? Jon? Maybe Orson?
Rugrats: Angelica
Spongebob Squarepants: Mr. Krabs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Casey Jones
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Carl Wheezer

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I can imagine Zuko getting in, but the rest of the characters end up being either meme picks or ones that nobody really asked for.
Judging by the leaked IPs and what we already know about the DLC lineup, I could imagine the most likely characters for each series would be:

Jimmy Neutron - Sheen
Spongebob - Krabs
Garfield - Jon
TMNT - Casey Jones
Rugrats - Angelica
Danny Phantom - Skulker

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Confirmed that Switch digital is the same day as all other platforms.

I don't mind the delay, but I can't resist an opportunity for a funny coincidencepost
made a recreation of the clip on my channel here, if you like to please watch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still wanna believe at least some veterans will be brought back via free updates.
I really wouldn't count on them being free if they get made at all. All of the veterans basically have the same workload as a newcomer, and the only reason Garfield and Shredder were free for the first game was because they were 1) always intended to be part of the base roster, and 2) promised, as it was advertised initially that the roster would have 22 characters before those two got delayed.

If they did a few veterans as additional DLC, they 100% wouldn't be free.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really wouldn't count on them being free if they get made at all. All of the veterans basically have the same workload as a newcomer, and the only reason Garfield and Shredder were free for the first game was because they were 1) always intended to be part of the base roster, and 2) promised, as it was advertised initially that the roster would have 22 characters before those two got delayed.

If they did a few veterans as additional DLC, they 100% wouldn't be free.
Yep. I'm only expecting free DLC if they were intended for base but scrapped, but based on what we know the veterans we will get if this is the case would most likely be PTM and Hugh, as they were presumably the last two veterans to get cut as they are the only missing vets other than Shredder (who is a boss now) to have leaked renders, and they even face right like the other playable characters (and Frida and Master Splinter for some reason). In particular PTM has two leaked renders and Hugh has a whopping four.

AreJay25

You guys remember Aisul, who would leak Multiversus stuff? He says he knows the 4 DLCs:

Mr. Krabs, Zuko, Iroh, Rocksteady. Krabs even has a trophy
Alright I was prepared for weirdness but this is somehow even weirder than I thought it'd be.

Krabs and Zuko are obviously big requests so no surprises there outside of Krabs being a background cameo. But Iroh ALONGSIDE Zuko is just.... strange. Obviously a very popular character in his own right but, it's so bizarre that we'd get not just two Avatar characters but two Fire Nation characters.

Rocksteady... I mean they seemingly considered him for the first game. But uhhhh I don't know if he's exactly the greatest choice for a DLC character. Seems weird to not have Bebop with him if you're really going to commit to this, because otherwise why not just pick Casey or Splinter?

Yeah I dunno man. I'm open minded but I already see this not going over super great, even if Zuko and Krabs made it.

Top Bottom