• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lucy looks pretty cool. She was one of the most interesting characters in the first game so I'm glad to see that expanded on here. Not sure if I'll be putting a lot of time into her but I'm definitely curious to see what other people figure out.

Also geez I wasn't expecting the music for the Cemetery to get that big of an upgrade, god damn lol.

something something things from last game not in this game

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, at least in terms of general playstyle/mechanics, Lucy doesn't seem all that different compared to the first game; her regular state is the balanced one, Vampire is heavier and stronger, and Ghost is lighter and faster. I feel like the only thing I can really comment on is that I appreciate that switching between them is a lot simpler now with the Down Special; it felt a tad awkward in the first game to switch since it relied on Bite damaging an opponent, and there were occasions where I'd accidentally double-tap and cancel out the mode I was in, so I appreciate the change.

Also, slightly unrelated, but does anyone know who it was that was narrating Lucy's showcase? Because I don't recognize her, the All-Star Brawl Twitter account didn't name her, and she clearly isn't from Fair Play Games. Do you think she's a playtester?

And with that, Lincoln's chances of ever coming back are dead. And I think that a newcomer in the next game will permanently bury any chance that he will ever be playable again.
Okay, between this and your earlier repetition of "The eleven cut veterans are never coming back", I genuinely have to ask: where is your proof? What is it that keeps making you say that with such certainty like it's a foregone conclusion? Because otherwise, there is no basis for this claim, and you end up doing nothing more than pointless empty doomposting.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
At this point I wish Lincoln had never been playable in the first place

And with that, Lincoln's chances of ever coming back are dead. And I think that a newcomer in the next game will permanently bury any chance that he will ever be playable again.
Good god stop. You've been asked multiple times by multiple people to stop this pointless doomposting. It's not creating engaging conversation, it's not adding anything new since this about the thirtieth time you've said it, just stop. You are literally spamming the thread.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're literally the one who posted this
In absolute fairness, pointing out something new (well, officially shown) isn't the same as whining about cuts. The whining would've happened regardless of it being posted, because eventually a whiner would notice.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In absolute fairness, pointing out something new (well, officially shown) isn't the same as whining about cuts. The whining would've happened regardless of it being posted, because eventually a whiner would notice.
Fair enough, I just felt like pointing out Lincoln making a non-playable cameo at that moment was just fanning the flames.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cemetery is still an FD clone
Screenshot 2023-10-13 165455.png

In the leak, IIRC the Cemetery was on the main stages section and not the FD clone section, same with Sweet Dreams despite nothing implying it to have any hazards having emerged.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Okay, between this and your earlier repetition of "The eleven cut veterans are never coming back", I genuinely have to ask: where is your proof? What is it that keeps making you say that with such certainty like it's a foregone conclusion? Because otherwise, there is no basis for this claim, and you end up doing nothing more than pointless empty doomposting.
I think that they're not gonna bring back any of the cut veterans next game because it would just take away resources that could instead be used to make cool and unique newcomers. Smash Ultimate itself didn't have a lot of new content because they were so focused on bringing back old content. The base roster had 11 newcomers, but six of those were clones, and there were only four new stages in total.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think that they're not gonna bring back any of the cut veterans next game because it would just take away resources that could instead be used to make cool and unique newcomers. Smash Ultimate itself didn't have a lot of new content because they were so focused on bringing back old content. The base roster had 11 newcomers, but six of those were clones, and there were only four new stages in total.
You don't know if they are gonna scrap everyone again. They had to make cuts for NASB2 to have newcomers, but now we have non-janky Danny so there's less of a need to.

Furthermore, fighting game sequels already have a history of bringing back veterans who missed the last sequel even at the cost of newcomers. Like Smash 4 with Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and Roy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah like, I don't think people are really understanding that basically every veteran in this game had the workload of a newcomer. It's less "fourteen veterans kept, eleven veterans cut, eleven newcomers added" and more so "twenty five newcomers added."

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
well in an attempt to swiftly change the subject: which costumes do think we'll have to pay extra for?
The costume that I would most likely play as will be the costume that will be in the deluxe edition. So Pirate ember, Pirate Garfield, Punk and rockstar turtles, King Gerald, Human Danny, Space commander and Cadet Ren & Stimpy will definitely be the one that you will have to pay.

I highly disagree with this. While I don't think that they're bringing back all 11 of them in the next game, I think at the very least Sandy, Hugh, CatDog, Oblina and having all 4 turtles will be high priority. I mean, we already have most of the basics of nicktoons cover, so I don't see them in a third game doing again the "let's add 11 newcomers and forget about some of the past character". I think if a third game happen we would have way less newcomers but a bit more focus on the forgotten veterans.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Cemetery is still an FD clone
View attachment 379187

In the leak, IIRC the Cemetery was on the main stages section and not the FD clone section, same with Sweet Dreams despite nothing implying it to have any hazards having emerged.
Thank God. Those gravestone hazards were super disruptive and made an otherwise good stage annoying to play on. Glad to see them gone.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I mean, maybe they wouldn't necessarily be able to bring back all 11, but they could still bring back a good handful of them and still include a decent amount of newcomers, especially if they keep the same models of the characters returning from 2 and update them a bit instead of starting more-or-less from scratch as was confirmed by one of the devs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The costume that I would most likely play as will be the costume that will be in the deluxe edition. So Pirate ember, Pirate Garfield, Punk and rockstar turtles, King Gerald, Human Danny, Space commander and Cadet Ren & Stimpy will definitely be the one that you will have to pay.

I highly disagree with this. While I don't think that they're bringing back all 11 of them in the next game, I think at the very least Sandy, Hugh, CatDog, Oblina and having all 4 turtles will be high priority. I mean, we already have most of the basics of nicktoons cover, so I don't see them in a third game doing again the "let's add 11 newcomers and forget about some of the past character". I think if a third game happen we would have way less newcomers but a bit more focus on the forgotten veterans.
Yeah, it's asinine to think all eleven cuts will be gone forever, even in the case of a third game. Especially when some of the cuts are ones that have a lot of vocal disappointment AND seem to have been planned to return (for example, Helga having a placeholder website string and virtually EVERYTHING about this game screaming "Hugh was meant to return but had to be dropped late in development").

I definitely don't think all of them will return next time, but at the very least I'm confident a handful will.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If they can do equivacally 25 newcomers in two years it's foolish to believe they couldn't add in the veterans plus a healthy handful of newcomers in the third game especially if they can recycle stage, item, and character assets. Switching to a new engine might take a hot minute but I see no reason we couldn't get a 40+ character roster next time if they recycle.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So many characters seem good, it's really really hard to tell how the balance will be.

If Lillybun's been playtesting Lucy, she was already a top player and might do really good with her :D.
If speed is still a big thing then Raphael will do really good.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm actually gonna try to go to a tournament when this game comes out.

Who do you guys think will top the meta at first?
If I know anything about how this tends to go, Plankton will destroy everyone week 1 until people get good at the matchup, and then characters like El Tigre and Ember will start being the main threats.

And then a random Gertie player starts dominating and people start complaining about her lol.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm actually gonna try to go to a tournament when this game comes out.

Who do you guys think will top the meta at first?
Ember strikes me as the character who the devs want to be the cool top tier of the game. April's probably gonna be top 3 again since she had no weaknesses last time and looks to be the same here. Someone's gonna discover an exploit with the Beavers week 1 that leads to them being banned in tournaments. El Tigre's meta is going to pop OFF as soon as people figure out slime cancels for him. I'm putting my money right now on Gerald being the best zoner.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ember strikes me as the character who the devs want to be the cool top tier of the game. April's probably gonna be top 3 again since she had no weaknesses last time and looks to be the same here. Someone's gonna discover an exploit with the Beavers week 1 that leads to them being banned in tournaments. El Tigre's meta is going to pop OFF as soon as people figure out slime cancels for him. I'm putting my money right now on Gerald being the best zoner.
Ember will likely not be that good of a character, imo. I'll be using her myself though so I guess I'll see :D.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Real excited we got the Lucy spotlight (on Friday the 13th, no less). She ended up being my main from the first game and I think she looks even cooler here.

Interesting that they switched her stance changes to a dedicated down special and made the bite move have different properties per form instead. While it does take away a little bit of the strategy that goes into getting a stance change, I think the increased amount of options and freedom more than make up for it.

I also just think she animates SO well now, her new animations are so fluid and expressive and fit her personality so well! I'm looking forward to playing her again.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't do that, it objectively isn't a reboot. It's marketed as a sequel and has a lot of improvements from the original like a sequel should.
Don't care. Gonna treat it like a reboot to help cope with the cut veterans.

Also decided I'm gonna get both games eventually. Maybe potentially with what Christmas money I get.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Don't care. Gonna treat it like a reboot to help cope with the cut veterans.

Also decided I'm gonna get both games eventually. Maybe potentially with what Christmas money I get.
Or you can cope by finally realizing if it never cut anybody you wouldn't have any beavers with anger.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or you can cope by finally realizing if it never cut anybody you wouldn't have any beavers with anger.
Or if Nick didn't rush the developers...Then we probably could have gotten everybody and Mamboo and I would be able to fight online as our favorite characters.

Praying NASB3 brings everyone back. Ha, ha, ha, ha as if THAT'LL ever happen tho...

Last edited:
Top Bottom